你结婚了吗,或者… – 是的,是的,我结婚了
Are you married, or… -Yes. Yes, I am.
有孩子吗? – 没有, 我们…
And you have kids? -No. We’re…
我们在等待时机
We’re waiting for the right time, you know.
相信我,永远都不会有这样一个时机的
There isn’t one, trust me.
那你是怎么处理全部这些事的呢?
Yeah, how do you handle all this?
全部的什么?
All What?
责任
The responsibility.
独自养活他们,把他们抚养成人
You know, raising them by yourself, supporting them.
我没什么别的选择的,对吧?
I don’t really have a choice, right?
我父亲常说,没有缺憾的好事也并非十足的好事
My dad always said to me, “Good without the bad ain’t no good at all.”
所以我们只要搞定就可以了,对吧,小姑娘?
So we just make it work, right, missy?
你有天生亲和力
You’re a natural.

Hi.
很高兴见到你 – 是啊,我也是
Wow, it was great to see you. -Yeah. You, too.
你还有什么别的对我说吗?
Is there something else you wanted to say to me?
很抱歉
I’m sorry.
我们上高中的时候
But when we were in high school,
你写了这个
you wrote this.
噢,天哪,看看我们
Oh, my gosh. Look at us.
“你是璞玉未雕”
“You’re a diamond in the rough.”
这是二十年前啦
That was 20 years ago.
我知道
I know.
我知道的,我知道的,很抱歉
I know, I know. I’m sorry.
这事儿做得太蠢了
It’s stupid.
嘿,不,我是说,我们并非真正的朋友
Hey. No, I mean, we weren’t really friends.
确实是,这太蠢了,很抱歉
Exactly. It’s stupid. I’m so sorry.
见到你很高兴
It was really great to see you.
嘿,你还记得在布赖恩·西佛家的那些疯狂的聚会吗?
Hey, you remember those crazy parties at Brian Sever’s house?
记得,我有一次把头发染成了粉色的
Yeah. Well, I showed up with bright pink hair once
因为我当时正值叛逆期
’cause I was going through a phase.
那帮家伙都喝得烂醉如泥,尤其是布赖恩
And the guys were super drunk, especially Brian.
他想把我的头浸到水池里把粉色洗掉
And he decided he was gonna try to dunk my hair in the pool to get the pink out.
所有人都觉得超级有意思
And everybody just thought that was super funny.
我又尴尬又害怕
I was really embarrassed and scared.
而你走了过来试图阻止他
And you came over and tried to stop him.
但他不肯,你就捶了他一顿然后丢进了泳池
And he wouldn’t, so you punched him and knocked him into the pool.
然后你骑车送我回家,而你的女朋友还在聚会上玩
Then you gave me a ride home while your girlfriend hung out at the party.
你难道不记得了吗?
Don’t you remember that?
不记得
No.
好吧,我记得
Well, I do.
你心肠很好,尼古拉斯,这没有变
You have a good heart, Nicholas. That doesn’t change.
等你振作起精神以后
So when you get yourself together,
你该给我打个电♥话♥然后我们出去喝喝咖啡
you should call me and we’ll go have some coffee.
好的
Sure.
尼古拉斯,你没事的吧?
Nicholas, are you gonna be all right?
是的,是的
Yeah. Yeah.
你好吗,兄弟? – 嘿
What’s up, man? -Hey.
怎么样? – 很好
How you doing? -Good.
就这些? – 是的
That’s all? -That’s it.
6.5 美元,兄弟 – 好吧,我没有6.5美元
$6.50, man. -Yeah, I don’t have $6.50.
我能直接拿走么?
Can I just get this?
我不能帮你赊账的,你知道的
I can’t do credit on this, man. You know that.
真的么? – 是啊
Really? -Yeah.
就一个六罐装? – 你是常客了
On a six-pack? -You’re here all the time.
我知道我是常客,你不能容我这一次么?
I know, I’ve been coming here all the time. So can you just spot me?
绝对不能,我会因此被炒的,我不干
Not at all, man. I’ll lose my job. I can’t do that.
那你能不能给我一罐啤酒? – 不,一罐也不行
Can you just give me one beer? -No, not even one
因为这是一整盒的 – 你现在很严肃么?
’cause it’s a whole case right here. -You being serious right now?
相当严肃 – 真的?来真的?
I’m being serious right now. -Really? For real?
莫非你看不出来?
Can’t you just tell?
我真应该叫警♥察♥把你这混♥蛋♥抓到局子里去!
I should fucking call the cops on your ass for that.
你最好还是走吧,对,跑啊
You better leave. Yeah, run.
嘿,我不是有意打扰你的,但你能给我点酒喝吗?
Hey, I don’t mean to bother you, but can I get a beer from you?
你能给我一瓶吗?
Can I get one of your beers?
我得喝一杯
I just need a drink.
这是安♥定♥片♥
These are Valium.
会有些帮助
They’ll help.
好些了么?
You feeling any better?
谢谢
Thanks.
你需要帮助
You know, you need some help.
我试过了
I’ve tried help.
这样,呃,不过有可能是方式不对呢
Yeah, well, maybe it wasn’t the right kind.
现在有了新的药物和新的治疗方法
You know, there’s new medications, new therapies.
我不需要吃药
I don’t need medication.
你不能就这样活着
Well, you can’t live like this.
为什么?
Why not?
因为这不正常
‘Cause it’s not normal.
正常?
Normal?
什么是正常的?
What’s normal?
住在那栋蓝色房♥子里那个好像叫史丹利的家伙
That guy Stanley what’s-his-name, down in the blue house,
上个月他老婆自杀了
his wife blew her brains out last month
因为他的女儿没能入选拉拉队
’cause her daughter didn’t make cheerleading.
肯尼实际上是自己生活的,你知道么?
Kenny practically lives by himself, you know?
艾略特和凯蒂,我甚至都不能告诉你他们都干了什么
Elliot and Kitty, I can’t even tell you what they do.
我和你们任何人没什么不同的,我只是不在我家里窝着而已,好吗?
I’m no different than any of you. I just don’t hide in my house, okay?
什么意思? – 什么?
What does that mean? -What?
你们任何人
“Any of you.”
没什么,没什么,我只是说…
Nothing. Nothing. I’m just saying…
不,你说了“你们任何人”
No, you said “any of you.”
别介意
Never mind.
不,继续,我受得了,说吧
No, go on. I’m a big girl. Say it.
我现在不想说
I don’t want to do this right now.
说吧
Say it.
他叫什么?
What’s his name?
谁? – 你丈夫,约翰?杰夫?
Who? -Your husband. John? Jeff?
杰克 – 杰克
Jack. -Jack.
他是从地区办公室做起的,对吧?
He started out in a regional office, right?
是啊
Yeah.
然后有人赏识他就把他调到了上面
He impressed some people who moved him up to the big leagues.
几年了? – 两年
How many years? -Two.
两年?
Two years? Yeah.
但是他现在又回了地区办公室
Now he’s back at the regionals.
你为他放弃了自己前途光明的摄影师职业
You’re sacrificing your promising career as a photographer for him.
那又如何?
So?
我五分钟就看透你了
I figured you out in five minutes.
他酗酒
He drinks.
他们把他调到这里因为他惹是生非
They transferred him out here ’cause he fucked something up.
你有可能觉得来这儿避避风头也是好主意
You probably thought it was a good idea to come out here.
还有可能拯救你的婚姻
Might even save your marriage.
不管结果怎么怎样,是不是?
For better or for worse, right?
说得对
Right.
我只想知道一件事
I just want to know one thing.
什么样的男人才会让他的妻子
What kind of man lets his wife,
他怀孕的妻子,独自一人越过一整个美国?
his pregnant wife, move alone across the country?
什么样的女人才会和这样的男人呆在一起?
And what kind of woman stays with a man like that?
什么样的女人?难道还是我的错吗?
What kind of woman? What, so it’s my fault?
看来你是相当了解你的工作,如此容易把人看透
You must be really good at your job, you know, just reading people so easily,
然后想想能向他们兜售什么破烂玩意儿
figuring out what bullshit to sell ’em.
嘿 – 神啊,怎么?
Hey. -God, what?
你应该挂上窗帘
You need to put up some curtains.
为什么?这样就不会有个醉鬼每天盯着我了?
Why? So I don’t have some drunk staring at me all day?
不,而是你不必看着你的未来了
No, so you don’t have to look at your future.
神啊
Jeez.
去你♥妈♥的♥!去你♥妈♥的♥!
Fuck you! Fuck you!
点亮生活,不再沉浸于黑暗
“Light up your life. Stop living in the dark.”
嘿 – 嘿
Hey. -Hey.
你来了多久了? – 有几个小时了
How long have you been here? -A couple of hours.
这些桌子是哪来的?
Where did the tables come from?
桌子? – 对
The tables? -Yeah.
你的邻居艾略特
Your neighbor Elliot.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!