你好
Hello.
我叫弗里斯特 弗里斯特·甘
My name’s Forrest. Forrest Gump.
你想吃一块巧克力吗
Do you want a chocolate?
我可以吃下150万块这东西
I could eat about a million and a half of these.
我妈妈总是说
My mama always said
生活就像一盒巧克力
life was like a box of chocolates.
你永远不知道你将得到什么
You never know what you’re gonna get.
你这双鞋一定很舒服
Those must be comfortable shoes.
我猜穿着这种鞋
I’ll bet you could walk all day
走一整天都不会累
in shoes like that and not feel a thing.
我也想要那样的鞋
I wish I had shoes like that.
我的脚很疼
My feet hurt.
妈妈总是说
Mama always said
你可以通过鞋来了解一个人的很多方面
there’s an awful lot you could tell about a person by their shoes:
他们要去哪儿 他们去过哪儿
where they’re going, where they’ve been.
我穿坏过很多双鞋
I’ve worn lots of shoes.
我猜如果我仔细想想
I bet if I think about it real hard,
就能想起我的第一双鞋
I could remember my first pair of shoes.
妈妈说它们能带我去任何地方
Mama said they’d take me anywhere.
她说它们是我的魔法鞋子
She said they was my magic shoes.
好了 弗里斯特 你可以睁开眼睛了
All right, Forrest, you can open your eyes now.
走一走试试看
Let’s take a little walk around.
感觉怎么样
How do those feel?
他的腿很强壮 甘夫人
His legs are strong, Mrs. Gump,
是我见过最强壮的
as strong as I’ve ever seen,
但是他的脊背像政客一样扭曲
but his back is as crooked as a politician.
不过我们会把他扳直的 对吧 弗里斯特
But we’re gonna straighten him right up, now, aren’t we, Forrest?
弗里斯特
Forrest!
我还是婴儿的时候
Now, when I was a baby,
妈妈用南北战争时期伟大的英雄
Mama named me after the great Civil War hero,
内森·弗里斯特将军的名字给我取了名
General Nathan Bedford Forrest.
她说我们和他有什么亲缘关系
She said we was related to him in some way.
他做过的事情是
And what he did was,
他创建了一个叫三K党的俱乐部
he started up this club called the Ku Klux Klan.
他们都披着长袍和床单
They’d all dress up in their robes and their bed sheets
表现得像鬼魂或幽灵之类的
and act like a bunch of ghosts or spooks or something.
他们甚至给马披上♥床♥单 骑着到处跑
They’d even put bed sheets on their horses and ride around.
不管怎样 我的名字就是这么来的
And anyway, that’s how I got my name,
弗里斯特·甘
Forrest Gump.
妈妈说”弗里斯特”这个名字
Mama said that the “Forrest” part
是用来提醒我 有时候我们都会做
was to remind me that sometimes we all do things that,
没有道理的事
well, just don’t make no sense.
好了 出来 出来
Okay… Get it, get it…
等等 是这边吗 等一下
Wait, is it this way? Hold on.
好了
All right…
你们看什么看
What are you all staring at?
你们没见过腿上
Haven’t you ever seen a little boy
装着支架的小男孩吗
with braces on his legs before?
别让任何人告诉你他们高你一等 弗里斯特
Don’t ever let anybody tell you they’re better than you, Forrest.
如果上帝希望每个人都是一样的
If God intended everybody to be the same,
他就会让我们的腿上都装着支架
he’d have given us all braces on our legs.
妈妈总是有办法把事情解释得
Mama always had a way of explaining things
让我也能听懂
so I could understand them.
我们住在离17号♥公路四百米远的地方
We lived about a quarter mile off Route 17,
离阿♥拉♥巴马州绿弓镇大约八百米
about a half mile from the town of Greenbow, Alabama.
那地方隶属绿弓县
That’s in the county of Greenbow.
自从大约一千年前我妈妈的
Our house had been in Mama’s family
爷爷的爷爷的爷爷漂洋过海来到这里
since her grandpa’s grandpa’s grandpa
这栋房♥子就一直是我妈妈家的
had come across the ocean about 1,000 years ago,
差不多是这样
something like that.
由于家里只有我和妈妈
Since it was just me and Mama
而我们又有那么多空房♥间
and we had all these empty rooms,
妈妈决定把那些房♥间租出去
Mama decided to let those rooms out,
主要是租给过路人
mostly to people passing through,
他们来自莫比尔 蒙哥马利之类的地方
like from, oh, Mobile, Montgomery, places like that.
我和妈妈的钱就是这么来的
That’s how me and Mama got money.
妈妈是个很聪明的女人
Mama was a real smart lady.
记住我跟你说的话 弗里斯特
Remember what I told you, Forrest.
你和其他人没什么不同
You’re no different than anybody else is.
房♥间出租
你听见我说的话了吗 弗里斯特
Did you hear what I said, Forrest?
你和其他人一样 没什么不同
You’re the same as everybody else. You are no different.
你儿子和其他人不同 甘夫人
Your boy’s different, Mrs. Gump.
他的智商只有75
Now, his IQ is 75.
我们每个人都与众不同 汉考克先生
Well, we’re all different, Mr. Hancock.
她想让我接受最好的教育
She wanted me to have the finest education,
所以她带我去了绿弓县中心学校
so she took me to the Greenbow County Central School.
我见了校长
I met the principal and all.
我给你看样东西 甘夫人
I want to show you something, Mrs. Gump.
这是正常范围
Now, this is normal.
国家要求
弗里斯特在这里
Forrest is right here.
国家要求智商至少达到80
The state requires a minimum IQ of 80
才能上公立学校 甘夫人
to attend public school, Mrs. Gump.
他得去特殊学校
He’s gonna have to go to a special school.
他会没事的
Now, he’ll be just fine.
“正常”到底是什么意思呢
What does “normal” mean, anyway?
他也许稍微有点迟钝
He might be a bit on the slow side,
但我儿子弗里斯特
but my boy Forrest
要得到和其他人一样的机会
is gonna get the same opportunities as everyone else.
他才不要去什么特殊学校
He’s not going to some special school
学习如何更换轮胎
to learn how to re-tread tires.
只有区区5分的差距而已
We’re talking about five little points here.
一定有解决办法的
There must be something can be done.
我们是先进教学体系的学校
We’re a progressive school system.
我们不想看到任何人落后
We don’t want to see anybody left behind.
你有丈夫吗 甘夫人
Is there a Mr. Gump, Mrs. Gump?
他在外度假
He’s on vacation.
你妈妈确实很关心你的学业 孩子
Well, your mama sure does care about your schooling, son.
你的话不多 是吗
You don’t say much, do you?
最后 他不得不试一试
“Finally, he had to try.
看起来简单 但是
“It looked easy, but,
天呐 发生了什么
“Oh, what happened.
-首先… -妈 度假是什么意思
– “First, there…” – Mama, what’s “vacation” mean?
-度假 -爸爸去的地方
– Vacation? – Where Daddy went.
度假就是你去一个地方
Vacation’s when you go somewhere
然后再也不回来
and you don’t ever come back.
总之 我想你可以说 我和妈妈只能靠自己
Anyway, I guess you could say me and Mama was on our own.
不过我们不介意 我们的房♥子总是住满了人
But we didn’t mind. Our house was never empty.
总是有人来来去去
There was always folks coming and going.
吃晚饭了
Supper.
-吃晚饭了 各位 -天呐
– It’s supper, everyone. – My, my.
-弗里斯特 -看起来真特别
– Forrest… – That sure looks special.
有时候住在我们家的人太多了
Sometimes we had so many people staying with us
每个房♥间都挤满了旅行者
that every room was filled with travelers.
就是那些 靠行李箱和帽箱
You know, folks living out of their suitcases
和样品箱生活的人
and hat cases and sample cases.
弗里斯特·甘 吃晚饭了 弗里斯特
Forrest Gump, it’s suppertime! Forrest…
有一次 一个年轻人住在我们家
One time, a young man was staying with us,
他带着一个吉他箱
and he had him a guitar case.
弗里斯特 我跟你说了别打扰这个好心的年轻人
Forrest! I told you not to bother this nice young man.
没事的 夫人
Oh, no, that’s all right, ma’am.
我只是给他展示一下吉他
I was just showing him a thing or two on the guitar here.
好吧 如果你们想吃晚饭的话 已经准备好了
All right, but your supper’s ready if y’all want to eat.
好 听起来不错 谢谢 夫人
Yeah, that sounds good. Thank you, ma’am.
小家伙 再给我看看你刚刚那个疯狂的步伐
Say, man, show me that crazy little walk you just did there.
稍微慢一点
Slow it down some.
我喜欢那把吉他
I liked that guitar.
很好听
It sounded good.
我开始随着音乐移♥动♥
I started moving around to the music,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!