希望她能有完整的人生
She wanted her to have a life.
希望她能有朋友
She wanted her to have friends…
能玩
and to play…
能幸福
and to be happy.
你知道平淡的生活
Do you realize the consequences
会让天才儿童怎么样吗
of boredom for a gifted child, Mr. Adler?
他们会变得易怒 郁闷
They become resentful and sullen.
玛丽不是易怒的孩子
Mary’s not an angry kid.
是吗
Really?
她没在校车上打过一个孩子吗
Did she not attack a child on the school bus?
一个12岁的孩子
A 12-year-old tripped
绊倒了一个7岁孩子 她站出来维护他
a 7- year- old and she came to his defense.
– 她是不是把那男孩鼻子打破了 – 是的
– Did she break the boy’s nose? – Yes.
去年10月16日 你是不是因为伤人被捕了
On October 16th of last year were you arrested for assault?
天啊
Oh, my God.
你必须回答问题 阿德勒先生
NICHOLS: You have to answer the question, Mr. Adler.
一个喝醉的笨蛋打我 我是自卫
A drunk idiot attacked me and I defended myself.
这跟黛安有什么关系
What does that have to do with anything?
你是不是被拘留了一晚
Did you spend the night in jail?
是的
Yeah.
你真是不自量力
You are in way over your head here.
你剥夺了她的未来
You’re depriving that girl.
拿她的前程做赌注
You’re gambling with her future…
现在你有了机会
and now you’re being presented with an opportunity…
能好好待她
to do right by her. Jump at it.
律师对我的当事人有问题吗
Does counsel have a question for my client?
做出明智的选择 阿德勒先生
Take the high road, Mr. Adler…
趁她还能挽救
before she is irreparably damaged.
律师对我的当事人
Does counsel have a question…
– 到底有没有问题 – 有 先生
– for my client or not? – Yes, sir.
我确实有个问题
I do have the question.
告诉我们 你继续做监护人
Tell us, is your continued guardianship…
真的是对她最好的吗
really in the best interest of this little girl?
是的
Yes.
是的
Yes, it is.
我没别的问题了
I have no further questions.
研发部
Research and Development…
发明了一种全新的弗雷德加油
has come up with a brand new Fred cheer.
弗雷德问过我会不会告诉你
Fred personally asked me if I would tell you it.
让我听听
Let’s hear it.
加油 为我加油 弗雷德
S-O-C-K I-T Sock it to me, Freddy…
加油
Sock it.
加油
Sock it.
告诉研发部 他们成功了
Tell R and D, they got a winner.
我也是这么说的
That’s exactly what I said.
加油 为我加油 弗雷德
S-O-C-K I-T Sock it to me, Freddy
他们想达成协议
They wanna cut a deal.
海史密斯今天一早给我打了电♥话♥
Highsmith called me first thing this morning.
他为什么要这样 我不明白
Why would he do that? I don’t understand.
现在正在…
In the middle of…
听着 听我说
Just listen. Listen to me, man.
把玛丽送到一个寄养家庭
Mary would be put in a fostering situation.
不行
No.
– 拜托 弗兰克 – 不行
– Come on, Frank. – Cullen, I told you no.
这不是法庭指定的
It wouldn’t be a court- appointed
寄养家庭 弗兰克
foster family, Frank.
– 别说了 – 我们可以选择
– Hey! Drop it! – We could cherry-pick…
最好的寄养家庭
from the cream of the crop.
双方都同意的家庭
Mutually approved.
听我说完
Just hear me out.
必须在坦帕
Tampa.
我坚持这一点 他们也同意了
I insisted, and they agreed.
距离你家不能超过半小时车程
No more than a half an hour from your front door.
她要去橡树学校上学
Now, she would attend the Oaks.
那是所好学校
It’s a great school.
外婆有探视权
And visiting rights for the grandmother…
但她总能得到探视权的
but she was gonna get that anyway.
等她满12岁之后
Right? And on her 12th birthday, Frank,
她可以重回法庭
she can go back into court…
– 不行 – 然后决定
– No. – and decide then…
她想跟谁住在一起
where she wants to live and with who.
我不明白
I don’t understand this.
你本该站在我这一边的
I thought you were supposed to be on my team.
为什么跟我谈这个协议
Why are you bringing me this deal?
这是法律规定我必须做的
Other than I’m required to by law?
你觉得这协议有利?
You like this deal?
太有利了
I love this deal.
他们担心会输掉官司
They think they’re gonna lose.
是的
Yeah.
他们是的
They do.
你也担心我们会输
You think we’re gonna lose.
是的
Yes.
我是的 弗兰克
I do, Frank.
我要去哄孩子睡觉了
I gotta go put my kids to bed.
你让我♥干♥什么我就干什么
I’ll do whatever you want me to do.
但如果这案子让尼克尔斯法官来判决的话
But if we leave this up to that judge, Nichols…
他很传统 弗兰克
he’s old school, Frank.
他喜欢你母亲的为人吗 不
Does he like your mother? No.
但他喜欢她的收入吗
Does he like her income?
喜欢她的医疗保险吗 喜欢她的住♥宅♥吗
Does he like her health plan? Does he like her home?
那是肯定的
You better believe it.
我去过他的法庭
I’ve been in his courtroom.
很多次了
A hundred times.
如果他要二选一的话
And if it’s a coin toss…
看着我
Look at me.
如果他要二选一的话
If it’s a coin toss…
这老头会倾向于钱
that old boy is going to side with the money.
就当帮我个忙 弗兰克
So, do me a favor, Frank.
去寄养家庭看看 看看感觉如何
Just meet the family. See how it feels.
我只有这个要求
It’s all I ask.
飞吧 美丽的小鸟
∮ Fly away, little pretty bird ∮
快快飞走吧
∮ Fly, fly away… ∮
泳池 佛罗里达
Pool. Florida.
码头在海岸之间
That dock is on the Intercoastal.
我觉得这很明显
Which I guess is obvious…
因为我们就住在海岸之间
since we’re on the Intercoastal.
这是新添的书桌 让她可以做作业
Added this desk, so she could do her homework.
是啊
Yeah.
这里将是她的卧室
And this would be her room.
在你眼中我看到希望
∮ I see in your eyes a promise ∮
我一直对你说这房♥子的好处
So, while I’m trying to sell you on the house…
说我们的好处
and us…
只为了让你知道
I just don’t want you to think
我们完全理解
that we’re completely insensitive…
你的感受
to what you’re feeling.
你们家里养猫没问题吧
You guys gonna be okay with a cat?
没问题
Absolutely.
爱那温情之火温暖了
∮ Love’s own tender flames ∮
此刻的相逢
∮ Warm this meeting ∮
你将哼起那首轻柔的情歌♥
∮ And love’s tender song you will sing ∮
可我美丽的鸟儿
∮ But fly away… ∮
我最近考虑了很多 妥协 这个词
I’ve been thinking a lot about the word “compromise.”
一方面 她能上好学校
On one hand, good challenging school…
但另一方面
on the other…
寄养父母
foster people.
他们跟她一起看连续剧
They can watch sitcoms with her.
带她去橄榄花♥园♥
Take her to Olive Garden.
教她 不管不顾 这个词
Teach her to say “irregardless.”
我想唯一的好处是
The only saving grace, I suppose,
她这样总比以前强
is she’s better off than she was.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!