就两天
It’s just two days.
你放心
Relax.
你觉得怎么样
So, what do you think?
很棒
Cool.
哇 你和我妈妈
Wow! You and my mom…
总是在一起
were always together.
总是
Always.
不 这张不要看
Oh, no, you don’t want to look at that one.
这是你吗
Is that you?
是的
Yes.
你当时多大
How old were you?
29岁
29.
这是在哪儿
Where is this?
这是剑桥大学
That’s Cambridge University.
在英国
In England.
这些人是谁
Who are those people?
我的研究同事
My research colleagues.
研究什么
For what?
当然是数学
Mathematics, of course.
真的吗
Really?
好棒
Cool!
那你后来
So, then you came to work…
就来美国大学工作了?
at a college in America?
不是
No.
我嫁给了你外公
I married your grandfather…
跟他一起回到美国
and I came back to America with him.
然后生了孩子
And I had children.

Oh.
不再研究数学了
So, no more math?
不早了
It’s late.
你明天还有重要的事
You’ve got a big day tomorrow.
来 起来
Come on. Up, up, up.
我能弹钢琴吗
Can I play the piano?
不行
No, you can’t.
– 别拖着脚了 – 可是钢琴好玩
– Now stop dragging those feet. – But, it’s fun!
快走
Come on!
我做了一连串的噩梦
I have had a series of nightmares…
因为那件事
where I’m fired…
我被学校开除了
because of what happened.
你明白吗
You get it?
然后我试图解释
And then I try to rationalize…
那只是因为我喝醉了
that everything that happened was just all alcohol.
我对修理工有好感
I have an addiction to fixer guys.
尚克兰博士 这道题…
Dr. Shankland, this problem is…
我知道 原题照抄下来就是了
I know. Just copy it exactly as you see it written.
可这题…
But it’s…
照抄原题 谢谢
Exactly as written. Thank you.
要让我看什么数学题
So, what’s this problem I’m supposed to look at?
不知道
I don’t know.
就像妈妈研究的那些问题吗
Is it like the problems Mom worked on?
你妈研究的不是一些问题
Your mother didn’t work on problems.
她只研究了一个问题
She worked on just one problem.
就一个吗
Just one?
研究了一辈子
Her entire life?
大部分
Most of it.

Look.
这些都是千年难题
These are the Millennium Problems.
七个意义重大的难题
Seven great and meaningful problems.
有些数学家
Some mathematicians have worked
用了一辈子时间来证明
their entire lives to prove them.
这个大胡子是谁
Who’s the dude with the beard?
他可不是普通人
That’s not a dude.
他是格里戈里·佩雷尔曼
That’s Grigori Perelman.
他证明了庞加莱猜想
He proved the Poincaré conjecture.
七个问题中唯一一个得到证明的
The only one of the seven proved.
这个
This…
这是你妈研究的问题
This is your mother’s problem.
纳维…
Na… vi…
纳维尔-斯托克斯方程
Navier-Stokes.
没照片啊
No picture.
– 她没证明吗 – 没有
– She didn’t solve it? – No.
她当时快证明出来了
She was close.
她本来可以获得菲尔茨奖
She would have won the Fields Medal…
还可能分享诺贝尔奖
and probably shared a Nobel…
因为在物理学上也有重要意义
considering what it would have meant for physics.
也许将来我的照片也能挂在上面
Maybe I’ll have my picture up here someday.
如果你真的想
If you really desire it…
你可以把你的照片挂在上面 孩子
you can have your picture there, darling.
我可以帮你
I can help you.
这需要专注和刻苦 但如果你成功了
It takes focus and hard work, but if you succeed…
你将流芳百世
your name will live forever.
先别得意 西摩
Don’t be smug, Seymore.
她看了很长时间了
Well, she’s had plenty of time.
她昨天出了远门 没睡好
She traveled yesterday. She slept in a strange bed.
给她个机会
Give her a chance.
她6岁就看过奇默的书
At six years old, she read Zimmer.
厉害
Outstanding.
她看懂了多少
How much did she comprehend?
玛丽
So, Mary…
你在看我们的小问题
I see you’re looking at our little problem.
小问题? 这是个大问题
Little? It’s big.
是啊
Yeah.
你怎么突然这么生气
Why are you so mad all of a sudden?
我不是生气 是恼火
I’m not mad. I’m annoyed.
不是恼火你
Not with you, dear.
是恼火那个傲慢的尚克兰
With that pompous ass, Shankland.
我们还没进去
I knew that guy was gonna have a beard
就知道他是个大胡子
before we even went in there.
数学老师都喜欢长胡子
Math teachers like to grow beards.
我当初就不该答应这事
I should never have agreed to this in the first place.
他真的指望你
Did he really expect you
随随便便就能解析
to just walk in and be able to dissect…
某个随机的复杂难题
some random, massive problem?
我看也没什么可解析的
Not much to dissect, if you ask me.
为什么这么说
Why do you say that?
题错了
It was wrong.
什么
What?
首先
Well, for starters,
他忘了加上指数前的负号♥
he forgot the negative sign on the exponent.
后面就讲不通了
It went downhill from there.
这道题没法解
The problem was unsolvable.
也许这学校也不怎么样
Maybe this school isn’t as great as you think it is.
玛丽 既然你知道题是错的
Mary, you knew the problem was incorrect.
怎么不早说呢
Why didn’t you say anything?
弗兰克说我不要去指出长辈的错误
Frank says I’m not supposed to correct older people.
没人喜欢自作聪明的人
Nobody likes a smart-ass.
我带了好多好东西
I’m loaded with swag!
要进屋坐吗
Wanna come inside?

Cat.
弗兰克 我觉得这样很傻
Frank, I think this is stupid.
我们给伊芙琳打电♥话♥
Why don’t we just call Evelyn
说我不愿意不就成了吗
and tell her I don’t wanna do this?
因为我说过
Because like I told you,
伊芙琳说的不算 这是法庭判的
Evelyn didn’t order this. The court did.
那么我们该怎么办
So again, what are we gonna do?
说实话
Tell the truth.
没错
Exactly.
我们越早回答这些问题
Sooner we answer these questions,
就能越早回家
sooner we get to go home.
要配合 好吗
So, no attitude, okay?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!