Okay.
弗兰克
Frank?
玛丽
Mary.
我喜欢伊芙琳
I like Evelyn.
她长得像我妈妈
She looks like my mom.
而且她还有钢琴
And she has a piano.
可我不想跟她一起住
But I don’t wanna live with her.
她很专横
She’s bossy.
这话我听过
I’ve heard that.

Hey.
你放心 你哪儿都不会去
Don’t worry. You’re not going anywhere.
你保证?
Promise?
我保证
I promise.
嗨 玛丽 我叫帕特戈尔丁
Hi, Mary. I’m Pat Golding,
你叫我帕特就行
but you can call me Pat if you like.
知道了
Got it.
你知道你为什么来吗
Do you know why you’re here?
有人说过是为了什么事吗
I mean has anyone told you what this is about?
我外婆希望我跟她一起住
My grandmother wants me to live with her
而我想跟弗兰克一起住
and I wanna stay with Frank.
很好
That’s correct.
我知道这可能挺可怕的
I’m sure this can all be very scary stuff.
你担心过吗
Does any of it worry you?
不担心 弗兰克说我哪儿也不去
Nope. Frank says I’m not goin’ anywhere.
你舅舅说你哪儿都不去
Your uncle told you you’re not going anywhere?
15分钟之前说的
Just 15 minutes ago.
我们谈完了吗
So, we done here?
还没有
Not quite yet.
除了弗兰克和弗雷德 我最好的朋友就是罗伯塔
My best friend other than Frank and Fred is Roberta…
她住在我家附近
who lives a couple houses away.
是吗 她是什么样的人
Really? What’s she like?
她和善 风趣 我喜欢她
She’s nice and funny. And I love her.
那挺好
That’s nice.
罗伯塔是你唯一的同龄朋友吗
Is Roberta your only friend your age?
罗伯塔跟我不同龄 她大概40 50
Roberta’s not my age. She’s like 40, 50…
30多岁的样子
30-something.
罗伯塔是个成年人?
Roberta’s a grown woman?
我的同龄人都很无趣
People my age are boring.
罗伯塔很棒
Roberta’s cool.

Okay.
我不看电视
I don’t watch TV.
但我喜欢海绵宝宝
But I got hooked on SpongeBob.
主要是因为罗伯塔喜欢
Mostly because Roberta loves it.
对了 我们周六晚上会看UFC
Oh. And on Saturday nights, we watch the UFC.
UFC? 是不是…
The UFC? Is that…
是终极格斗吗
Is that Ultimate Fighting?
每周六都看
Every Saturday.
你和你舅看终极格斗?
You and your uncle watch Ultimate Fighting?
不只是看
Well, you don’t just watch it.
弗兰克把声音调低
Frank turns the sound down
我们俩来配音
and we do the grunting and voices.
有时我真的用力打弗兰克
Sometimes I attack Frank for real.
对我来说很开心
Which is really fun for me.
如果你们了解弗兰克
I think if you guys knew Frank,
就会让我们住在一起了
you’d leave us alone.
他虽然有时很烦人
He can be pretty annoying…
但他是个好人
but he’s a good person.
应该是吧
I think.
为什么这么说
Why do you say that?
我聪明之前他就喜欢我
He wanted me before I was smart.
波拉德先生
Mr. Pollard, are you…
你是玛丽阿德勒的生父吗
the natural father of Mary Adler?
是的
Yes, I am.
你何以确定
And how can you be certain of this?
我一直知道 后来你们让我
Well, I always knew, but then you had me…
做了DNA测试
take a DNA test.
我想提供测试结果
I would offer the test results
证明波拉德先生
as presumptive evidence that Mr. Pollard…
是这孩子的生父和自然监护人
is the father and natural guardian of the minor.
同时作为证言
As well as an affidavit…
波拉德先生提出
from Mr. Pollard nominating…
让孩子的外婆阿德勒夫人
Mrs. Adler, the maternal grandmother,
为孩子的法定监护人
as the legal guardian of the minor.
没有反对
No objections.
波拉德先生
Mr. Pollard…
阿德勒夫人给过你任何金钱
has Mrs. Adler offered you any monetary reward…
或职位来请你出庭吗
or employment for coming forward today?
没有 我自己有工作
No, sir. I have a job of my own.
谢谢
Thank you.
没别的问题了 法官大人
No further questions, Your Honor.
波拉德先生
Mr. Pollard…
你最后一次见到玛丽是什么时候
when was the last time you saw Mary?
呃 我从未见过她
Uh… I’ve never seen her.
为什么
Oh, why not?
当我听说黛安…
By the time I heard about Diane…
去世时
passing…
孩子已经不在了
the baby was gone already.
你试图找过她吗
Well, did you try and find her?
尽力找了
Best I could.
我总不能找遍全国吧
I couldn’t just go and search the entire country.
你上班用电脑吗
Do you use a computer at work?
当然
Sure.
那你帮我个忙
You know what? Help me out.
搜索一下玛丽阿德勒
Here, let’s google “Mary Adler”
看看能搜到什么
and, uh, see what we find.
这样吧
You know what?
最好把她的中间名也加进去
Uh, you better add her middle name.
能缩小搜索范围
It’ll narrow it down.
是艾琳
Eileen.
对 点击搜索
Yeah. Hit Enter.
第二页
Page 2.
第二条
Second hit.
你能告诉法庭你看到了什么吗
Would you please tell the court what you see there?
是一篇报纸文章 题为
It’s a newspaper article called
非♥典♥型两岁儿童
“Not So Terrible Twos.”
其中一个就是玛丽艾琳阿德勒
And one of them is Mary Eileen Adler.
跟你女儿同名
Same name as your daughter.
和你女儿同一天生日
Born on the same day as your daughter.
还有照片
With a photograph.
当然你不可能认得出来
Um, in your defense, you’d never recognize it…
– 法官大人 这… – 法官大人
– Your Honor, this is… – Your Honor…
很明显的一点是
if there’s one thing here that’s sadly obvious…
波拉德先生从来不是
it’s that Mr. Pollard has never been
孩子的真正监护人
a genuine guardian of the minor…
他对阿德勒夫人的提名
and his nomination of Mrs. Adler
也是没有诚意的
is no less disingenuous.
佛罗里达州尊重
While the State of Florida gives deference
孩子父母的提名
to nomination by a natural parent…
但这次我倾向于支持
I’m inclined to side with Mr. Cullen’s laptop…
卡伦先生的笔记本电脑
at this time.
谢谢你 法官大人
Thank you, Your Honor.
别得意
Don’t gloat.
想都不敢想
Wouldn’t dream of it.
送你去车上
Walk you to your car?
刚才忙着打官司 我不好意思问
We’ve been so preoccupied, I’m almost ashamed to ask.
沃尔特还好吗
How’s Walter?
说了恐怕你也不信
You wouldn’t believe it if I told you.
怎么了
Why?
你的继父在蒙大拿
Well, your stepfather is in Montana.
他买♥♥了个农场
He bought a ranch.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!