– They fought bravely.
– They were well led.
是的,没错。
Yes, they were.
看起来我们的罗马执政官毫无斗志.
To be fair our Roman Consul doesn’t seem to be in the mood for fight.
-你差一点杀了他。
-差一点吗?你一定是糊涂了马哈巴尔.
– You’ve nearly killed him.
– Nearly? Are you losing your edge Marhabal?
他被他儿子救走了
He was rescued by his son.
花了两代人努力才从你的刀下逃走.
That’s two generations to escape fore your blade.
这是那个家族? 他们看起来很亲切.
Who is this family? They’ve smile so kindly upon us.
西庇阿,罗马最尊贵的家族之一。
The name is Scipio, one of Rome’s most noble families.
但是他们流的依然是和普通士兵一样血
But they still bleed the same color as their footsoldires
父亲受伤了,也许下次,就轮到他儿子了,
The father is wounded, perhaps next time,
it will be the sons turn.
然后我们可以终结这些西庇阿贵族还有他们对罗马的服务。
And then we can put a stop to these nobles Scipios
and their service to Rome.
好了,迦太基的将军,我们将加入你的行列。
Alright, General of Carthage, we will join you.
非常欢迎你们的到来.
You’re welcomed.
你今天所看到的,这仅仅是开始。 我的朋友。
What you witness today,
It’s only the beginning. My friend.
汉尼拔在罗马土地上的第一次胜利
Hannibal’s first triumph on Roman soil
促成了意大利北方蛮族部落和他的联盟.
sealed his alliance with the tribes in the Northern Italian.
为了应对他们,罗马从西西里岛召回了第二支军队
In response, Rome recalled its second army from Sicily
来加强西庇阿的军力.
to reinforce the defences of Publius Scipio.
(时任执政官的提比略.塞姆普罗尼乌斯.隆古斯从西西里向北撤回,
公元前218年11月)
(Consul Tiberius Sempronius Longus withdraw northward.
November 218 BC)
– 哈, 隆古斯.
– 普布利乌斯.
– Longus.
– Publius.
谢谢。
Thank you.
我听说你的勇猛救了你父亲一命.
I understand that you father owns
his life to your bravery.
很高兴看到我的执政官同事身体健康.
And I’m glad to see my fellow consul looking in better health.
医生向我保证,我将完全康复。
The doctors assure me that I will make a full recovery.
我认为,我们应该立即进攻汉尼拔。
It is my view that we should strike Hannibal without any futher delay.
不能让他享受他侥幸的胜利,
and not allow him to enjoy his lucky victory.
如果他真的仅仅是侥幸的话,隆格斯。
If lucky it was, Longus.
他们不知道从哪里冒出来, 在我们反应过来之前就冲散了我们.
They just came out of nowhere,
they nearly trampled us down before we could even draw our swords.
看到你这样评价一个野蛮人, 我感到很惊讶。
I’m surprised to hear you speak like this for a barbarian.
塞姆普罗尼乌斯,相信我, 我也很惊讶,
人真的可以在一天之内得到很多经验教训。
One can learn a lot in a day, Sempronius.
我建议在进一步对抗之前,
先设立冬营。
Before any further confrontations,
I suggest we rest our army for winter.
这个迦太基人在罗马的土地上度过的每个小时都是对罗马的侮辱!
Every hour this Carthaginian spent in Roman soil is an insult.
我们要在他站稳脚跟之前,迅速采取行动。
We need action,
swift action before he finds his footing.
明天我将前往特雷比亚。
Tomorrow I march for Trebia.
作为执政官,普布利乌斯和隆格斯在罗马享有最高的政♥治♥地位。
As consuls Publius and Longus share
the highest political position in Rome.
每届任期仅一年
Each term of office lasted just one year
所以, 随着时间的流逝,
隆格斯渴望在任期结束前击败汉尼拔。
As time runing out,
Longus was desperate to fight.
在特雷比亚,我在隆格斯的军队完全准备好之前就向他叫阵,
他上钩了.
At Trebia I offered battle before his army
was prepared. And he took the bait.
我们歼灭了25,000名罗马最优秀的士兵
25,000 of their finest soldiers were slaughtered.
在特拉曼尼他们向我进攻
In Trasmanië they threw the might of the Roman Army against me.
在薄雾的掩护下,我们迫使他们进入湖中,
歼灭了15,000人。
Under cover of mist, we forced them into a lake and massacared 15,000 of them.
有些人甚至选择淹死,也不愿意死在我们的剑下.
Some even drown themselves rather than face our sword.
在此之前, 我只是一个名字,
鲜为人知
Before I was just a name,
no known to a few.
一个从群山中来的影子,
A shadow came out of the mountains.
而现在, 我投下的阴影笼罩了整个意大利的心脏
Now the shadow I cast reached across the heart of Italy.
再有一场决定性的胜利,
One more decisive victory,
这场战争就将结束。
And this war would be over.
汉尼拔的军队现在在罗马城的攻击范围内了,
Hannibal’s army was now within striking distance of Rome.
五十年来,罗马第一次任命了军事独♥裁♥官。
For the first time in 50 years a military dictator was appointed.
他们选择的人是费边·马克西姆斯
The man they chose was Fabius Maximus.
我要提醒大家,汉尼拔军队距罗马只有100英里。
May I remind you all that
Hannibals Army was 100 miles from Rome.
那么我们必须和他们作战!
直到他们被彻底消灭.
Then we must fight them,
fight until we destroy them.
或直到我们被彻底消灭
Or until we are destroyed.
你在质疑罗马的荣耀和勇气吗
Are you questioning, sir?
The honor and the courage of the people of Rome?
面对事实吧,特雷比亚战役给我们造成了20,000人损失。
These are the facts, Trebia costed us 20,000 lives.
我们在特拉西梅诺湖战役中失去了一名执政官和15,000名士兵。
We lost a Consul and 15,000 soldiers at Trasimene.
我们正在输掉这场战争。
We are losing.
如果我们继续执行直接对抗的战略。 罗马将被摧毁!
And if we continue along the path of direct confrontation.
Rome will be destroyed!
现在是无情的时候了。
Now is the time to be ruthless.
不仅对我们的敌人,也要对我们自己。
And not just with our enemies but with ourselves.
面对失败,重新考虑我们的战略。
To face our failures, to reconsider our strategy.
费边,你有什么建议?
What’s you proposal, Fabius?
我们不能给他他最想要的东西:
That we starve him of the one thing he thrives on:
战斗。
Battles.
与他战斗的最好方法就是根本不与他战斗。
The best way to fight him
it not to fight him at all.
噢,他是有一支庞大的军队,
但是它是由很复杂的成分组成的,
Oh he has a large army,
but it’s made of many people,
通过骚扰他们的补给线,
我们可以轻易地分化他们
who can be easily devided,
by harassment of their supplylines
让他的军队忍♥饥挨饿。
换句话说,给他的军队的腹部一记重击。
and starvation of his troops.
In short, to kick his army in the stomach.
这是胆小鬼的战略,而不该是士兵的战略。
This is a tactic of cowards,
not soldiers.
你想让伟大的罗马军队采取野蛮人的战术吗?
Will you have the great Roman Army act the tactic of a savage?
我会让伟大的罗马军队做任何事情
I would have the great Roman army do anything
只要能一劳永逸地击败这个汉尼拔。
to defeat this Hannibal once and for all.
在向南部的进军中,
On the journey south,
疾病以一种没有一个敌人能做到的方式吞噬了我。
illness has eaten into me the way that no enemy could.
-他们真的认为他们可以这样击败我们吗?
-他们很清楚, 饥饿的军队是一支虚弱的军队。
– Do they really think they can outfight us this way?
– They know that a hungry army ìs a weak army.
我们必须找到一种方法诱使他们来进攻。
We have to find a way to draw them into the attack.
– 医生到底在哪里?
– 他在路上了,我的兄弟。
– Where is the damm healer?
– He is on his way, my brother.
我们不需要战场来击败这些罗马人。
烧毁他们的房♥屋。
We do not need the battlefield to defeat these Romans.
I want their houses burned to the ground.
还有庄稼,田野,所有能使罗马人感到安全东西,
全都烧掉。
The corps, the fields, everything that
makes the Roman feel safe,
I want them reduced to the asch.
费边的财产除外。
Except Fabius.
我希望他的财产保持安全。
I want his properties remain untouched.
然后,让我们看看, 当他周围的人开始失去一切后,
他如何能感到安全。
Then let’s see how security feels once those around him start to lose everything.
那么费边,你认为你的策略在奏效吗?
So Fabius, what do say your strategy is progressing?
不要让他激怒你
He is trying to provoke you,
don’t let him.
又不是你的土地化为云烟.
It is not your lands going up in smoke.
-感染很深。
-有什么你可以做的吗?
– The infection is very deep.
– Can anything be done?
– 对不起。
– 那出去吧
– I’m sorry.
– Than leave me.
出去!
Get out!
我会丢掉这只眼睛吗?
Will I lose it?
是。 对不起。
Yes. I am Sorry.
他们可能会认为这是一个恶兆。
They may take it as an ill omen.
-但这不是一个不祥之兆。
– 当然不是。
– But it’s not an ill omen.
– Of course not.
西庇阿, 你知道, 罗马公民的身份意味着什么吗
You undertand what it means
to be a citizen of Rome, Scipio?
它意味着无论你身在何处,无论你走到哪里,
It means that wherever you are and whereever you go,
人们知道,如果你遭到攻击或不尊重,那么整个强大的罗马都将是你的后盾。
people konw that it you are attacked or mistreated,
the whole mighty Rome could be brought to bear your defence.
– 这是独一无二的特权。
– 我明白。
– This is a unique privilege.
– I understand.
这个野蛮人给正在纠缠罗马的野蛮人杂种们
This barbarian sets an example to every other halfbried savage
树立了一个坏榜样!
that Rome has been trifling with.
我不该说这些.
你是忠于费边的.
I speak out of tune
You are loyal to Fabius.
费边是我的直接上司,
任何担任这一职务的人会获得我的忠诚。
Fabius is my commanding officer.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!