Take that, one of you birds. You ain’t doing anything, Ernie.
你们这些人是怎么了?残障还是有什么病吗?
What’s the matter with you guys?Crippled or something?
我刚赌两毛钱
I’ll just bet 20 cents.
记者室,请稍待
Press room. Wait a minute.
嗨,中士,麦克尤打来 等一下,好吗?什么?
Hello, Sarge, McCue talking.Hold the line, will you? What?
我告诉你这是犯罪法庭的记者室
I told you this is the press room of the criminal courts building.
杰克,绞刑案的新线索
Jake, new lead on the hanging.
从纽约来的精神病学家麦克斯艾格贺佛
This alienist from New York, Dr. Max J. Egelhoffer.
他大概半小时后要在警长办公室里访问威廉斯
He’s interviewing Williams in about half an hour in the sheriff’s office.
肯定是他们请的第十位给威廉斯检查的精神医生
Must be the tenth alienist they’ve put on Williams.
如果他没发疯,等经历了十位…
If he wasn’t crazy, he would be by the time…
这样的医生折磨后,他可能就已经疯了
…ten of those babies got through psychoanalyzing him.
这个艾格贺佛很行吗?
Is this guy Egelhoffer any good?
你会知道的
You figure it out.
他就是他们派去华盛顿访问布莱恩杜斯特的人
He’s the guy they sent to Washington to interview the Brain Trust.
他说他们很清醒
He said they were sane.
在处死前一晚有个状况
Here’s the situation on the eve of the hanging.
我要小软糖 这是莫菲
I’ll pick up a little fudge. This is Murphy.
上吊时会有更多排泄物
More slop on the hanging.
监狱和市政大楼里…
A double guard has been thrown around the jail, municipal buildings…
…火车终点,架高的车站…
…railroad terminals, and elevated stations…
…都有双重守卫准备等着激进份子…
…to prepare for the expected general uprising…
…在行刑的时候暴♥乱♥
…of radicals at the hour of execution.
警长要多加派二百多个人手领薪上班…
The sheriff has put 200 more relatives on the payroll…
保护城市不被红军侵略…
…to protect the city from the Red Army…
这些红军再过一两分钟就要离开莫斯科
…which is leaving Moscow in a couple of minutes.
问题是,当真的红色危险出现时
Trouble is, when the real Red Menace shows up…
…警长还会毅力不摇吗? 你说呢?
…the sheriff will still be crying wolf. What do you got?
好吗? -从这看起来不错
Is that good? – Sure looks good from here.
海蒂,你什么时候回来?
Hildy, when did you get back?
你好吗,艾迪? -很高兴见到你
How are you, Eddie? – Glad to see you.
很高兴见到你 -帽子在哪买♥♥的?
Glad to see you. – Where’d you get the hat?
我花十二元买♥♥的 -回来工作吗?
I paid 12 bucks for that hat. – Coming back to work?
最后的告别 我要去做点生意
It’s a farewell appearance. I’m going into business for myself.
什么事? -我明天结婚
What doing? – I’m getting married tomorrow.
又要结婚?婚礼请我们去吗?
Again? Are we invited to the wedding?
罗伊,我也许能找你当伴娘
I might use you for a bridesmaid, Roy.
你好吗,莫菲?-你干嘛还要结婚?
– What are you getting married for?
不关你的事 -不是骗我们吧?
None of your business. – Ain’t fooling us, are you?
骗你们?看我这里有什么
Fooling? Look what I’ve got in here.
今晚六点前往奥尔班尼的三张火车票
Three tickets to Albany on the 6:00 train tonight.
三张?
Three?
我,我的未婚夫,你们听好了,还有他妈
For me and my beau and, hats off boys, his sweet darling ma.
真好 -这是什么样的婚姻?
That’s nice. – What kind of marriage is that?
我要安定下来,我受够了报业
I’m settling down. I’m through with the newspaper business.
你能想像海蒂唱摇篮曲哄着小孩?
Can you picture Hildy singing lullabies and hanging out didies?
在后院东家长西家短? -忌妒啦
Swapping lies over the back fence? – Sour grapes.
她打毯子会打到烦
She’ll get tired beating rugs.
我不打毯子
I’m not going to beat any rugs.
那是三街跟杰佛森街中♥央♥学校的所在地
That’s 3rd and Jefferson. Where the Central School is.
现在这时候不需要上学 -你还在乎什么?你都辞职了
No school this time of day. – What do you care for? You quit.
你说你受够了
You said you were through.
我只是以为会很好 就这样
I just thought it might be a good fire, that’s all.
那是什么?-替威廉斯准备开派对
What’s that? – Practicing for the Williams party.
你会错过一场精彩的处死 -没兴趣
You’ll miss a nice hanging.- Not interested.
叫他们安静点
Tell them to pipe down.
安静点!你想我们这样怎么把工作做完?
Keep quiet down there! How do you expect us to get any work done?
闭嘴!
Shut up!
非常不尊重这里的新闻媒体
Very little respect for the press around here.
有人打电♥话♥给我吗?
Say, did anybody phone me?
就我所知,没有
Not that I know of.
海蒂,华特知道你要结婚的事吗?
Say, Hildy, does Walter know you’re getting married?
刚刚跟他吃过午饭 -他知道你要辞职?
Just had lunch with him. – Does he know you’re quitting?
我跟他说了,还有问题吗? -我要直接跟你交涉吗?
I told him. Any more questions? – Shall I deal you in?
我没有时间 我要写篇威廉斯的报导
I haven’t got time. I have to do a yarn on Williams.
当他开枪时他知道他自己在做什么吗?
Did he know what he was doing when he fired that gun?
如果你问我们,答案是不知道 如果你问心理医师,答案是知道
If you ask us, no. If you ask the state alienist, the answer is yes.
他是谁?他做什么? -他是簿记员
Who is he? What’s he do? – He was a bookkeeper.
他最开始一周二十元 工作了14年后
He starts at $20 a week. After 14 years…
变成了十七块五 -还有口香糖吗?
…he works himself up to $17.50. – Got more gum?
麦克考斯基公♥司♥倒闭 威廉斯就失业了
McClosky Company goes out of business. Williams loses his job.
没法找另一个
Can’t get another.
我加入
I’m in.
他在公园晃荡,听听街头政见…
So he hangs around the park listening to soapbox spellbinders…
发表言论,开始相信他们…
…making speeches, and begins believing them.
…自己也讲两句
And makes some of his own.
再加一角 -我加入
Up a dime. – I’m in.
还有吗,医生? -不,就这样,柏斯先生
Anything else, Doc? – No, that’ll be all, Mr. Burns.
一切都很好?
Everything okay?
没什么好担心的
Nothing to worry about.
很好,很好
Good, good.
你好吗,布鲁斯?
How are you doing, Bruce?
还有一件事
Just one more thing.
再见,柏斯先生,鲍德温先生 -再见,医生,非常谢谢你
Good day, Mr. Burns. Mr. Baldwin. – Goodbye, Doc. Thanks very much.
谁是受益人?
Who’s the beneficiary?
你说什么? -就是说,要是你死了
Excuse me? – That is, in case of your death.
我们要把钱付给谁? -为什么问,当然是海蒂
Who do we pay the money to? – Why, Hildy, of course.
我不知道,这让我觉得很好笑
I don’t know. That would make me feel pretty funny.
现在我为什么不能把海蒂当作我的太太呢?
Now, why shouldn’t I make Hildy my whatever-it-was?
我觉得我该照顾她
I feel I should take care of her.
但你会照顾她,布鲁斯
But you will take care of her, Bruce.
这么说,如果医生是对的,我还能活得很久
Say, if that doctor is right, I’m good for a long time yet.
布鲁斯,这是我的荣幸
Look, Bruce, this is a debt of honor with me.
对海蒂来说我不是一个好丈夫
I was a bad husband to Hildy.
她可以要求很多赡养费
She could have claimed a lot of alimony.
但她什么都不拿
But she wouldn’t take any.
她有这个需要 但她太独♥立♥了
She had it coming to her, but she was too independent.
你知道,我也很独♥立♥ -我知道你很独♥立♥
I’m independent too, you know. – I know you are.
你就这么想
But look, you just figure it this way.
我还能工作二十五年
I’m good for, we’ll say at least 25 years yet.
到那时候,你赚够了钱,所以钱对你并不算什么
By then, you’ll have made enough so that money won’t mean anything to you.
要是你没有赚到大钱
But suppose you haven’t made good.
海蒂年老后该怎么办? 想想海蒂
What about Hildy’s old age? Think of Hildy.
我现在可以看见她
I can see her now.
白发,熏衣草,旧花边
White-haired, lavender and old lace.
你看不到她吗,布鲁斯? -是,是,我看得到
Can’t you see her, Bruce? – Yes, yes, I can.
她已经老了,不是吗?
She’s old, isn’t she?
难道你不觉得海蒂应该在她的下半辈子…
Don’t you think that Hildy’s entitled to spend her remaining years…
不需要担心钱的事? 那是当然,布鲁斯
…without worries of money? Of course you do, Bruce.
当然,如果你要这么说
Of course, if you put it that way.
但记住,我也爱她
And remember, I love her too.
是,我开始明白了
Yes, I’m beginning to realize that.
最美的事是…
And the beauty of it is…
直到我去世以后她才会发现
…she’ll never have to know until I’ve passed on.
也许她会非常怀念我…
Maybe she’ll think kindly of me…
…在我死后
…after I’m gone.
你让我觉得我好像是你们之间的第三者
You make me feel like a heel, coming between you.
不,不,布鲁斯,你不是第三者
No, no, Bruce. You didn’t come between us.
对她来说 在你出现前我们就都结束了,但对我…
It was all over for her before you came on the scene. For me…
…永远都不会结束 你要什么?
…it’ll never be. What do you want?
我打扰一下好吗?
Can I see you a minute, please?
失陪一下,布鲁斯
Excuse me, Bruce.
你明白了吗?嗯?
Did you get it, you get it?
在哪?快说
Where is it? Come on.
认证? -当然,但是华特,要二千五
Certified? – Sure. But Walter, that’s for $2,500.
这里有认证的文件
Here we are certified and everything.
认证了
Certified.
我觉得恐怕海蒂会觉得因为不信任你而非常不好意思
I’m afraid Hildy’ll feel ashamed to think she hasn’t trusted you.
但她有一天会明白
But she’ll know some day.
你答应一拿到支票就打电♥话♥给她
You promised to phone her as soon as you got the check.
噢,是,是,当然

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!