他废除了奴隶制 夫人
He abolished slavery, ma’am.
说得对
That’s right.
谢谢
Thank you.
鲍比 告诉他们我要读关于林肯的书
Bobby, please tell them I want the books on Lincoln.
-关于他葬礼的 -好的
– About his funeral. – Mmm-hmm.
你终究是要告诉大家一些私人感受的
You’ll have to share something personal, eventually.
否则他们会没完没了地问你
People won’t stop asking until you do.
要是我不开口 他们会肆意解读我的沉默吗
And if I don’t they’ll interpret my silence however they want?
“她眉头紧锁
“Her brow furrows.
嘴唇紧绷
“Her lips are drawn.
她忍♥住了泪水 但掩饰不住愤怒”
“She holds back her tears, but she can’t hide her anger.”
大多数作家都想出名
Most writers want to be famous.
你想出名吗
You want to be famous?
不 现在这样就好 谢谢
No, I’m fine as I am, thank you.
你应该做好准备
You should prepare yourself,
这篇文章会给你引来大量关注
this article will bring you a great deal of attention.
那样的话 有什么建议吗
In that case, any advice for me?

Yes.
别嫁给总统
Don’t marry the President.
你担心我又要哭了吗
Are you afraid I’m about to cry again?
不 我觉得你更可能大喊大叫
No, I’d say you’re more likely to scream.
叫什么
Scream what?
“我丈夫曾是个伟大的人”
“My husband was a great man.”
林肯的送葬队伍离开了白宫
Lincoln’s funeral cortege departed the White House,
沿着宾夕法尼亚大道走到国会大厦
progressed along Pennsylvania Avenue to the Capitol.
第二天又回到白宫
And the next day returned to the White House,
然后他们一直走到圣马修大教堂
then they walked all the way to St. Matthew’s
送葬队伍很长 场面壮观
in a long, grand procession.
那天春光明媚
It was a sunny spring day.
只发了六百张票
Only 600 tickets were allotted,
但有成千上万人列在街道两旁 站在屋顶上
but thousands, thousands lined the streets and rooftops,
市民 参议员 国会议员
citizens, senators, congressmen,
外交官 政♥府♥官员
diplomats, officers,
所有人都整齐地穿着制♥服♥
all in their full dress uniforms.
林肯的坐骑 老鲍勃
Lincoln’s mount, Old Bob,
身上罩着带白流苏的黑毯子
was draped in a black blanket with white trim and tassels.
头上罩着面罩 有人牵却没人骑
Hooded, he was led rider-less,
亨利·布朗牧师领头 身后是几英里长的送葬队伍
the head of a miles-long procession by the Reverend Henry Brown.
我能感到杰克开始对这件事生气了
I can feel Jack getting angry with this.
“你真行 把钱全花在
“There you go, spending all that money
这些没用的破摆件上”
on those silly knick-knacks.”
那个会不惜重金争取选票的人
The man would spend whatever it took for votes,
却在买♥♥漂亮的油画时犹豫不决
but balked at buying a beautiful painting.
我们不用再担心那些了
We don’t have to worry about that anymore.
我们必须办好 比尔
We must get this right, Bill.
我们必须办好
We must get this right.
必须办得很美
It has to be beautiful.
你告诉他们我们需要马车厢了吗
Did you tell them we’ll need a horse-drawn carriage?
我们要和杰克一起游♥行♥
We have to march with Jack.
所有人
Everyone.
要让人们记住这宏大壮丽的送葬队伍
A big, beautiful procession that people will remember.
肯尼迪夫人 你不用这么做
Mrs. Kennedy, you don’t have to do this.
做什么
Do what?
其实 我认为
In fact, I don’t think
他们不会让你游♥行♥送葬的
they’ll let you parade through the streets.
世界已经疯了
The world’s gone mad.
你应该带上孩子们销声匿迹
You should take the children and disappear.
在波士顿筑起一座堡垒 永远别回头
Build a fortress in Boston and never look back.
肯尼迪夫人
Mrs. Kennedy?
孩子们醒了吗
Are the children awake?
他们在卡罗琳的房♥间里玩
They’re playing in Caroline’s room.
我要怎么做
How do I do this?
亲爱的
Oh, dear.
你说什么并不要紧
It doesn’t matter what you say.
抱住他们 告诉他们会没事的
Just hug them and tell them it will be okay.
妈妈 你为什么穿得这么奇怪
Mommy, why are you dressed so funny?
因为发生了一件非常悲伤的事
Because something very sad has happened.
发生这种事之后 我们就得穿成这样
And this is how we dress when something sad happens.
妈妈 爸爸在哪
Mommy, where’s Daddy?
爸爸不会回家了
Daddy’s not coming home.
为什么
Why not?
爸爸得去看你们的小♥弟♥弟♥帕特里克
Daddy had to go see your baby brother Patrick.
去了天堂
In heaven.
为什么
Why?
因为有我陪着你们呢
Because I’m here with you.
我们不想让帕特里克孤单 对吧
We don’t want Patrick to get lonely, do we?
但我们呢
But what about us?
卡罗琳 我需要你做个懂事的大姑娘
Caroline, I need you to be a big girl.
你能勇敢起来 对吧 做个战士
You can be brave, right? You can be a soldier?
一个大坏人伤害了爸爸
A very bad man hurt Daddy.
爸爸如果能回家 一定会回的
Daddy would come home if he could.
但他不能
But he can’t.
他得去天堂
He has to go to heaven.
我能跟他道别吗
Can I say goodbye?
当然了 亲爱的
Yes, of course you can, my love.
愿你听到我恳求怜悯的声音
Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.
主啊 你若究察罪孽 谁能承受得住呢
If you, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?
但你有赦免之恩 才会被人敬畏
But with you there is forgiveness, therefore you are feared.
我等候耶♥和♥华♥ 我的灵魂等候
I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
我也仰望他的话
and in his word I put my hope.
我的心等候主
My soul waits for the Lord
胜于守夜人等候天亮
more than watchmen wait for the morning.
以色列啊 你当仰望耶♥和♥华♥
O Israel, put your hope in the Lord,
因他有永不让人失望的爱
for with the Lord is unfailing love.
弥撒做得真好
That was a beautiful mass.
失陪了 妈妈 杰姬
Excuse me, Mother. Jackie.
你开始整理参加葬礼的宾客名单了吗
Have you started on the guest list for the burial?
什么
The what?
你得减少人数 亲爱的
You’ll need to pare it down, dear.
我们没办法安排这么多人住在布鲁克莱恩
We can’t possibly accommodate all these people at Brookline.
肯尼迪先生 我们需要讨论一下葬礼的安排
Mr. Kennedy, we need to discuss the funeral, sir.
我们都想听她的安排
We all want to follow her lead,
但我们还不太清楚奥斯瓦德的情况
but we still don’t know much about this Oswald.
他可能还有同谋
There may be co-conspirators.
我会找她谈谈 但决定权在她
I’ll talk to her, but she makes the call.
还有总统办公室的问题
There’s also the matter of the Oval.
你到底想要我先做哪件事
What do you want me to do first?
筹备葬礼还是打包家具
Plan the funeral or pack the furniture?
我知道这一切都很敏感
I know this is all delicate.
所以我才先问您
That’s why I’m approaching you.
可是游♥行♥送葬真的太疯狂了
But a procession is insane.
布鲁克莱恩
Brookline?
家族墓园
The family plot.
我想杰克也会跟我们大家埋葬在一起
Well, I assume Jack will be buried with the rest of us.
到时会有很多人 考虑到所发生的事
A crowd full of people, given what’s happened,
我不能让我的总统在人群中步行
I just can’t have my President walking.
-你的总统 -我的总统
– Your President? – My President.
不管发生什么
Well, regardless of what happens,
我哥哥到时都只能躺在棺材里被抬着走
my brother is going to be carried in a box.
我很抱歉 先生
And I am sorry, sir.
滚开 杰克
Fuck off, Jack.
埃夫里尔·哈里曼
Averell Harriman owns
在乔治敦至少有四处房♥产
at least four properties in Georgetown.
他肯定能借出一处
I’m sure he could loan out one of them.
我叫萨奇去问一下
I’ll have Sarge look into it.
我们应该还有时间
I’m sure we have time.
他们不会让我们马上搬走吧
They can’t expect us to move immediately, can they?
当然不会了 别犯傻
Of course not. Don’t be silly.
林肯的遗孀去世时穷困潦倒
Lincoln’s widow died destitute.
她搬回伊利诺伊州了
She moved back to Illinois,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!