What’s wrong with you?
我有什么问题
What’s wrong with me?
历史是残酷的
History is harsh.
没有时间了
There’s no time.
我们真可笑 看看你
We’re ridiculous. Look at you.
对不起
I’m sorry.
你喜欢你的新办公室吗
How do you like your new office?
肯尼迪夫人
Mrs. Kennedy.
请进
Come in.
对不起 我只是在尽我的职责 夫人
Sorry, I’m just doing my job, ma’am.
那是当然
Of course you are.
我还记得当初我们赢得大选的时候
I remember when we won the election.
简直令人欣喜若狂
It was so overwhelming.
我们也就平平淡淡的
We’re doing just fine.
现在大家都在关心你
Everyone’s thoughts are with you right now.
你真贴心
Oh, that’s very kind of you.
我今天来是想商量下明天的事
I’ve come to discuss tomorrow.
司法部长告诉我
The Attorney General relayed to me
你希望丧礼办得低调些
your desire for a more modest ceremony.
我改变主意了
I’ve changed my mind.
什么
I’m sorry?
我说我改变主意了
I said I’ve changed my mind.
我们要举办游♥行♥送葬
We will have a procession,
我要和灵柩一起走向教堂
and I will walk to the Cathedral with the casket.
就算我们可以重新安排一切
Well, even if we could resume the arrangements,
我相信你一定明白
I’m sure you can understand
特勤局也有他们的顾虑
the Secret Service still has their concerns.
那么约翰逊总统呢
And President Johnson?
约翰逊总统希望尽可能满足你的心愿
President Johnson would like nothing more than to fulfill your wishes,
但我必须考虑他的安全
but I have to take into account his safety.
这国家没法再承受一次打击了 万一出事…
The country couldn’t endure another blow should anything…
这次情况不太一样
It’s not the same.
如果他能决定的话
If it were up to him,
只要能让你心里快慰一些 他一定什么都愿意做
he’d do anything that might bring you comfort.
那这到底该由谁决定呢 瓦伦蒂先生
Then who is it up to, Mr. Valenti?
我想你应该知道
Well, as I’m sure you know,
明天我们会迎来将近100位国家领导人
tomorrow we’re expecting close to 100 Heads of State.
是103位
One-hundred three.
没错 是这个数
Yes, I’m sure that’s right.
我估计他们会各自做出决定的
And I suspect they’ll make all their own decisions.
你根据什么估计的
Based on what?
有大量我无法接触到的
There’s a great deal of classified intelligence
机密情报
that I just can’t get into.
我们在日内瓦的组织拦截了一起
We’ve intercepted a threat against General de Gaulle
针对戴高乐将军的威胁
from our assets in Geneva.
恐怕如果他拒绝参加游♥行♥ 其他人也会的
I’m afraid if he refuses to march, others may follow.
我明白了
I understand.
我说了 肯尼迪夫人
As I said, Mrs. Kennedy,
我也希望我们能做的更多
I wish there were more we could do
以满足你的心愿
to accommodate your wishes.
但实在抱歉
I’m terribly sorry.
不必
Don’t be.
你和约翰逊一家已经做的够多了
You and the Johnsons have already done so much.
再见 肯尼迪夫人
Good day, Mrs. Kennedy.
瓦伦蒂先生
Um, Mr. Valenti.
那些参加葬礼的宾客抵达后
Would you mind getting a message
你能否替我给他们带句话
to all our funeral guests when they land?
没问题
Of course.
告知他们 明天我会陪着杰克的遗体 步行前往
Inform them that I will walk with Jack tomorrow.
如果有必要 就我一人
Alone, if necessary.
并告诉戴高乐将军
And tell General de Gaulle
如果他想坐在装甲车或坦克里
that if he wishes to ride in an armored car or in a tank for that matter,
我不会怪他
I won’t blame him.
而且我相信成千上万围观的群众也不会怪他
And I’m sure the tens of millions of people watching won’t either.
你为什么要这样 肯尼迪夫人
Why are you doing this, Mrs. Kennedy?
我只是在尽我的职责
Oh, I’m just doing my job.
你想把这段写下来吗
Would you like to write this down?
-你认为应该写下来吗 -我…
– Do you think I should? – I…
是的
I do.
我们死后 影响力还会继续存在
We all live on far after our deaths.
总统上台下台 一届又一届
Presidents will come and go,
他们每一个人
and every one of them
都将瞻仰杰克 寻求指引和鼓舞
will look up to Jack for guidance, for inspiration.
有人说他不值得这么风光的葬礼 你如何回应
What do you say to those who say he didn’t deserve it?
少数人吧 他的确是个好总统
The scale of it. I mean, he was a great president,
但总比不上打赢内战那么伟大
but he didn’t win the Civil War, for instance.
那是为美♥利♥坚♥合众国的总统举办的葬礼
It was a funeral for the President of the United States.
你丈夫平时都是开车 并不是骑马
Your husband drove cars, he didn’t ride horses.
没错 本该有更多的马
Yes, and there should have been more of them.
本该准备更多的马
There should be more horses,
更多士兵 更多痛哭 更多照相机
more soldiers, more crying, more cameras!
我猜你不会允许我把这段话也写下来
I’m guessing you won’t allow me to write any of that.
没错
No,
因为我可没说过这些话
because I never said that.
也许杰克来不及打败共♥产♥主义
Perhaps Jack didn’t have time to defeat Communism,
但我似乎记得…
but I do seem to recall…
恕我冒昧
With all due respect,
你当时是葬礼上的焦点 肯尼迪夫人
you were at the center of it all, Mrs. Kennedy,
我估计在你当时所在的位置
and I’d imagine it’s impossible
可能看不到远景
to have any perspective from that vantage point.
但我可以向你保证
But I can assure you
葬礼的场面极为盛大隆重
that it was a spectacle.
南希说他们想分担我的悲伤
Nancy said they wanted to share my grief,
于是我就允许了
so I let them.
但后来我意识到 所有隆重的仪式
But after, I realized that all the pageantry,
我为了纪念他提出的种种要求
all the demands I made to honor him,
其实都不是为了他或他的遗产
it wasn’t for Jack or his legacy.
而是为了我自己
It was for me.
我给他写了封信
I wrote him a letter.
就在我们把灵柩移送至国会大厦的前夜
That night, before we moved the casket to the Capitol.
你知道我写了什么吗
Do you know what I wrote?
我想去死
That I wanted to die.
-我理解 -真的吗
– I understand. – Do you?
真的
I do.
除非你是在请求我的许可
Unless you are asking my permission.
不 只有愚蠢 任性的人才会自杀
No, only crass, self-indulgent people kill themselves.
不 我只是希望
No, I was just hoping that
当我伴着杰克的遗体 在长街前行的时候
if I walked down the street next to Jack’s body,
有人能善心大发杀了我
maybe someone would be kind enough to do it for me.
当着全世界人的面吗
In front of the whole world?
生时赫赫有名 死时惊动世界
Famous life, famous death.
我从来不想要名气
I never wanted fame.
我只是成了肯尼迪家族的人
I just became a Kennedy.
我告诉所有人 我不记得当时的事了
I told everyone that I can’t remember.
那是假话
It’s not true.
其实我记得
I can remember.
我什么都记得
I can remember everything.
第一颗子弹 砰
The first bullet. Boom.
然后又是 砰
Then boom.
我本来可以救他的
I could have saved him.
我应该反应过来那是枪击
I should have known it was a gunshot.
我应该护住他的
I should have shielded him.
我试图阻止流血
I tried to stop the bleeding,
但是等我们赶到医院时 已经..
but when we got to the hospital, it was…
那一晚 以及自那之后的每一晚
That night, and every night since,
我都祈祷自己能死去
I pray to die.
上帝难道不想让我和我丈夫在一起吗
Won’t God let me be with my husband?
能让我看看吗
Can I look?
就…还没有…
It’s just the… It hasn’t…
你的字迹不太容易辨认啊 对吧
You don’t write very legibly, do you?
你在这个国家的历史上留下了你的印记 肯尼迪夫人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!