Neglected your education to make your fortune, l suppose.
巴黎对什么感兴趣 我洗耳恭听
What is Paris interested in? l’m all ears.
因为维高在过去五年发展非常迅速
Because of Vigau’s extraordinary growth during the past five years…
我建议搞一次详细的人口普查
I’ve proposed that we make a detailed census.
嗯 这确实不错 但这和警♥察♥有什么关系
Well, that would be interesting. But how is it a police matter?
执行现行的新的法律 需要采用新的手段
Modern law enforcement demands modern methods,
这意味着要大量的信息
and that means information.
例如 在过去十年有多少人搬到了这个地方
For example: How many peopIe have moved here in the last decade?
他们从哪儿来 是什么背景
Where did they come from? What’s their background?
我们的犯罪人口都是本地的 还是外来的
ls our criminal population homegrown, or are they outsiders?
没有信息 我们就不知道如何去控制危机的发生
Without information we cannot know how to control the dangerous elements.
-你也许在犯错误 -什么错误
– You might be making a mistake. – What mistake is that?
有时 人们搬到一个新地方
Sometimes peopIe move to a new town
就是为了想以一个全新的面貌生活
to start with a clean slate.
你这样侵入他们的隐私 可能会造成很大的伤害
You might be doing more harm than good by prying into their private lives.
诚实的人不需要畏惧真♥相♥
An honest man has nothing to fear from the truth.
假如 巴黎方面知道
For exampIe, Paris knows…
我父亲曾是个小偷
that my father was a thief…
我母亲是个妓♥女♥
and my mother, a prostitute.
如果我的父母亲搬到维高这来
If my mother or father were to move here to Vigau…
我想让所有人都知道他们曾经是什么人
I would want everyone to know who and what they are.
即使他们已经改过自新
Even if they had reformed themselves?
改过自新只不过是一种推诿的谎言
Reform is a discredited fantasy.
现代科学告诉我们 人的善恶本性是不会变的
Modern science telIs us that people are by nature Iawbreakers or law abiders.
狼可以披上羊皮
A wolf can wear sheep’s clothing…
但它还是头狼
but he’s still a wolf.
我才在想 督察 你的运气可不怎么好
l was just thinking, lnspector, that you have been unlucky.
运气不好 我不明白
Unlucky? I don’t understand.
很不幸 你被派到这个无聊的地方工作
Unfortunately, you’ve been assigned to a dull post.
你在巴黎也许会开心的多
You’d be happier in Paris…
在那儿的人 不管先天还是后天的 都不是很诚实
where everyone, either by nature or experience, is dishonest.
确实如此 这也是我在巴黎所见到的
lndeed. But I’ll see if l prefer Paris.
他们要求我向上级长官进一步解释我的想法
They’ve asked me to report to the deputy prefect to further explain my idea.
我会离开四天
I’ll be gone for four days.
我们会想念你的 一路顺风
We’ll miss you. Good luck.
谢谢 再见
Thank you. And good-bye.
督察 请等一下
lnspector, one moment.
跟我来
Please.
一份告别的礼物
A f arewell gift.
你要送给我礼物
You’re offering me a gift?
是的 督察 我的证件
Yes, lnspector. My papers.
洗礼证明
Baptism certificate.
护照
Passport.
马赛码头开的工作证明
Working papers from the Marseilles docks.
我想做你的第一个调查对象
l want to get your census off on the right foot.
旅途愉快 督察
Pleasant journey, lnspector.
快点 准备好证件 这是巴黎 不要浪费时间
Move on. Have your papers ready. lt is Paris. We don’t waste time here.
-沙威督察 让我过去 -证件 下一个
– lnspector Javert. Let me through. – Papers. Move on.
沙威督察 上面对你的计划很感兴趣
Inspector Javerf, fhe prefecf was impressed by your proposal.
我期望在这个月内通过人口普查的预算
I expect him to approve a budget for your census within the month.
谢谢你 长官这真是个好消息
Thank you, sir. That’s excellent news.
你现在在巴黎可出名了
You are known in Paris now.
前途光明
Your future is bright.
所以我建议你放弃
So l suggest you drop…
要求调查市长的请求
this request for an investigation of the mayor.
长官 我在土伦的采石场当了一年的警卫
Sir, l was a guard for a year in the quarries of Toulon.
我亲眼见到冉阿让展示了惊人的力气 就像市长扛车一样
l saw Jean Valjean perform the same feat of strength the mayor did with the cart.
粗重的体力工作使他们变得异常强壮
The hard labor makes them incredibly strong.
一旦我把这些联♥系♥起来
Once l made the connection…
一旦我不被他的财富所迷惑 我就越肯定
once I was no longer dazzled by his wealth, I’ve grown more certain daily.
现在我记起了他的面貌和声音 我当时竟然没立马把他认出来
Now l recognize his f ace and voice, l’m amazed l didn’t know him right away.
-好了 沙威 我并不怀疑 -长官
– Well, Javert, I don’t doubt that– – Sir.
我准备公开指证他
l’m prepared to denounce him.
指证他 没有任何证据的情况下
Denounce him? Without proof?
如果我诉诸于法庭 证据自然就会出来
lf l force a trial, the evidence will be found.
如果他出示了证件 而且一切无误的话
lf he showed you papers, and they were in order–
我检查了洗礼证明 是个复♥制♥品
l checked the baptism certificate. it’s a copy.
11年前教区发生了一场大火
Eleven years ago there was a fire at the parish.
原件都烧光了 他所有的文件都建立在那个复♥制♥品的基础上
The original records were destroyed. all his documents are based on that copy.
你个人的鉴定不能作为维高市长的
Your identification alone is not enough to subject the mayor of Vigau…
立案依据
to a triaI.
写一份报告 我们会研究的
File a report, and I’ll recommend we investigate.
长官 冉阿让是个小偷
Sir, Jean Valjean is a thief.
让一个邪恶的人掌管政♥府♥和工业
lt makes a mockery of our institutions to have a corrupt and depraved man…
是对制度的公然嘲笑
in charge of our industry and government.
我说过了 写一份报告
l said file a report.
我会谨慎的调查到底的
I’ll investigate on this end, discreetly.
在没有证据的情况下不要公然指责他
Do not denounce him without proof.
耐心点
Be patient.
他那也去不了 对吧
He’s not going anywhere, is he?
夫人
“Madame…
我们以前讲的10法郎一个月已经远远不够了
the ten francs a month we agreed on is no longer enough.
珂赛特每分钟都在长大
Cosette grows bigger by the minute.
她很喜欢六岁生日是我们买♥♥给她的新娃娃
She enjoyed her sixth birthday party and the new doIl we bought her.
我们很爱她 所以礼物是免费的
We love her, so we won’t charge for her present.
但是她需要一个新的外套和鞋 这些我们可付不起
But she needs a new coat and shoes. We can’t afford to pay for them.
而且她比我们两个女儿加在一起的饭量还大
And she eats more than both our daughters put together.
从现在开始 你每个月必须寄20法郎
Beginning right away you must send 20 francs a month…
否则就带她走吧
or you’ll have to fetch her.
真诚的 德纳第
Sincerely, Thénardier.”
-那你的答覆是什么 -我动不了
– So what’s your answer? – I can’t move.
我没有钱预付房♥租
I don’t have money to pay in advance for a room.
我是慈善家吗 你已经四个月没付钱了
Am l a charity? You haven’t paid me in four months.
-我付过 -我有账单要付 但我不能卖♥♥身
– l paid you. – l have bills. I can’t spread my Iegs.
再说了 租给妓♥女♥可不是什么好主意 你的项链怎么样
Besides, it’s not good business to rent to a whore. What about your necklace?
-那还值点儿钱 -不 不行 这是留给我女儿的
– That’s worth something. – No, not this. it’s for my daughter.
你最好拿出点什么来 我要10法郎 否则就滚蛋
You better come up with something. l want ten francs, or you’re out!
这次我要现金
This time l want cash.
晚上好 先生
Good evening, monsieur.
上帝 你真丑
My God, you’re hideous.
-多少钱 -1法郎
– Well, how much? – A franc.
-你开玩笑 -50苏
– You’re joking. – Fifty sous.
-奸尸呀 -过来
– To screw a corpse? – Come here.
她脸上一点血色都没有
She hasn’t got a drop of blood in her veins!
小姐 小姐 1苏怎么样
Mademoiselle. Mademoiselle, how about a sous?
我有1苏 我在你身上可以花1苏
I have a sous. l have a sous to spend on you.
让我们给你的乳♥房♥♥上点颜色
Let’s give your tits a bit of color.
现在
Now…
来点东西喝喝
how about something…
怎么样
to drink!
喝点儿
Something to drink!
现在你趴下了 婊♥子♥
Now down you go, tart.
哦 她疯了
Oh, she’s mad!
她打了他
She’s attacking him!
长官 这是骚乱
Sir, this is a disturbance.

May l?
我会处理的
I’ll take care of this.
够了
That’s enough!
不是我的错 他们先开始的
it’s not my fault! They started–
回家去
Go home!
-动作快点 -我们走
– Be quick about it! – Let’s go.
队长
Captain.
你说过让我通知你 如果他做的太过分
You asked me to tell you if he went too far.
那好吧 我的嘴已闭的够久的了
Well, I’ve kept my mouth shut long enough.
把她带到监狱 坐六个月牢
Have her taken to the prison. You’ll get six months.
六个月 珂赛特怎么办 她会怎么样呢
Six months? What about Cosette? What’ll happen to her?
-珂赛特是谁 -我的女儿
– Who is Cosette? – My daughter.
如果我不给德纳第寄钱 他们会把她赶出去的
lf I don’t send the Thénardiers money, they’ll turn her out.
-你的女儿在维高吗 -不是 长官 她和
– ls your daughter here in Vigau? – No, sir. She lives with–
那我就不管了
Then she’s not my concern.
督察 督察 请听我说

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!