so it was on the same day as ours.
另外 呃…
And, um,
艾伦·麦克吉还说
Alan McGee and then were saying
大概是这个意思 推就推吧
Well, just, like, ‘move yours back again.’
我们说 去他妈的
And we were saying ”No, fuck that.”
不过那也是个机会 他们最后一个机会
So, it was a chance, their last chance, really,
最后一个与我们能够
to drag themselves up on the coat-tails
平起平坐的机会
of my band, really.
后来都知道《新音乐快递》
And, you know, the NME
每周都要失去几千个读者
losing readers by the thousands every week.
我想
I suppose
这糟糕的结果
it was summat they didn’t
他们事先也没有料到
think would get as out of hand as it did.
不过话说回来
But, then again, you get
达蒙·阿尔本却成了十点档新闻的红人
Damon Albarn on the ten o’clock news, you know.
我实在想问问 这他妈到底怎么回事
I ask you, what the fuck is all that about, you know?
这个早晨唱片店大门一开
When the recordshop doors opened this morning,
战斗已然开始
battle commenced.
本来两支单曲都有望打入榜首
The chances are both singles could have been number one
只要它们彼此隔开几周
had they been released on separate weeks.
我对整件事有点担心
I’m a little nervous about the whole thing.
显然 由于
Obviously, because
双方都下了过高的筹码
both bands have really upped the stakes,
结果总是会
and someone’s gonna come out
迫使双方拼出个输赢成败
on top and someone’s gonna come second.
作为一名乐手
And by the very nature of being in a band
自然没人甘心落败
you’re always quite competitive.
谁都想打入榜首
And, um, you wanna come top, really.
在这场争斗中
I found myself on the News At Ten
我竟然上了十点档新闻
in this kind of battle.
如果可以说是争斗的话
Supposed battle.
简直不可思议
All really odd.
上次采访时候你和我说
You were saying to me last time we met that, you know,
你在大街上
when you were walking around in the street,
曾经被人
you were getting
-诘难 -没错
– Heckled. – Yeah.
不过这也不错
But also cheered as well.
我可不想
I don’t think it’s
我可不想自己就像…
I don’t wanna cast myself as, like,
就像..
You know,
达蒙那个小可怜
you know, poor little Damon,
任谁都能奚落一番
everyone started picking on him.
不过
Just
我可不像他
it wasn’t really like that.
偶尔还是有点不舒服
But it was a bit unnerving on occasions.
我意思是
I mean,
不管我去哪儿
everywhere I went,
那事总还是忘不掉
I’d be reminded of it.
污迹这乐队名字有点名不符实吧
Blur didn’t come out of it too well.
他们是中产阶级
They were the middle-class band,
而你们完全是工人阶层的代表
and you guys were the working-class heroes.
我倒不认同污迹乐队有什么名不符实
I wouldn’t say Blur didn’t come out of it well,
他们是他们
but that’s what they are.
我们是我们
And that’s what we are.
人们总不应该
You can’t, you know, you can’t
总不能换换衣装就去扮演别人的身份
don’t dress it up and make it summat that it’s not.
他们绝没有下过建筑工地
They’ve never been on a building site.
我倒不是说那就…
Not to say that that’s…
知道吗 不是说手指缝里面的污垢
You know, not to say that the dirt under your fingernaiIs…
是荣誉勋章之类的东西
..is some sort of badge of honour.
并不是 只不过是个事实
It’s not. It’s just a fact.
他们从没送过报纸之类
They never had a paper round, you know.
而我当过送奶工
I had a milk round and stuff like that.
我在工地上干过活
I worked on building sites.
这从根本上使我的灵魂
That makes my soul a lot
比他们纯净得多
more purer than theirs.
最奇怪的事情就是
The strange thing about it…
你突然间
..is that you were suddenly…
污迹乐队有点像是…不真实
Blur were the, sort of, inauthentic,
中产阶级的流行乐队
middle-class pop band,…
而绿洲是真实的 粗犷的 工人阶级的英雄
..And Oasis were the real, gritty, working-class heroes.
对于这种看法 你怎么想
How did you feel about that?
不管是谁做出这样的结论
That was a very intelligent observation
那都是”敏锐”的观察 不是吗
by whoever made it, wasn’t it?
我有什么看法
What do I think about it?
是啊 你是怎么想的
Yeah. Well, how did you feel?
-那段时间 -我的想法 我感到很愚蠢
– That whole time… – How did I feel? I felt stupid.
我也感到…
And I feIt, er,…
我感觉有些困惑
I just feIt… very confused.
就是这样
BasicaIIy.
没有真正意识到我的那种轻率
Didn’t really… realise that my, kind of, flippancy…
会造成…
..was gonna have such, um,…
你知道的
..You know,…
我生命中一个十分深刻的影响
..A profound sort of resonance in my life.
经过那个阶段之后 我的改变可以说是翻天覆地
And, um, I changed quite dramaticaIIy after that period.
乐队:大举进攻乐队
专辑:《保卫》
发行时间:1995年一月
This girl l know
大举进攻乐队 《庇护》
Needs some shelter
我只是不明白
l just didn’t understand why
两支乐队怎么突然
two bands suddenly became
成为了整个音乐界的晴雨表
the barometer for the whole music scene.
对于我们还有其他的乐队来说
For us, and other bands,
我们一定都不感兴趣
who were not at all interested,…
最后局面变成了
..it became a little more
很难体现自己乐队的存在感
difficult to make your presence felt,…
因为你不得卷入…
..because you had to have this kind of…
不得不成为这场…
You had to be part of this great,
“战役”的一份子
sort of, this battle,…
你还要选择支持的对象
..AImost take sides,…
其实你根本他妈的不关心这件事
..And you weren’t interested in the fucking first place.
只是随波逐流 等待事件得以平息
So you just got on with it and waited for it to abate.
对于我们和其他布里斯托尔的乐队来说
For us, and for other bands living in Bristol,
我认为过去十年是我们创作力
l think the last ten years have been the most creative
最强的一个阶段
you know, of our lives really.
波蒂斯黑德[布里斯托尔外一个海边小镇]
乐队:波蒂斯黑德乐队
专辑:《傀儡》
发行时间:1994年十月
果浆乐队 《奇形怪状》
Raised on a diet of broken biscuits
Oh, we don’t look the same as you
And we don’t do the things you do
But we live round here too, oh, really
乐队:果浆乐队
专辑:《不同阶级》
发行时间:1995年十月
Misshapes, mistakes, misfits
We’d like to go to town, but we can’t
在那个阶段 感觉有事情正在萌芽
Around that time, it seemed like something was happening.
对我来说很兴奋 因为
It was exciting for me, because…
感觉就像
..It seemed like…
有很长…
..There’d been this long,
很长一段时间
you know, long period of time…
那个时候
..when, um,…
我所处于的那个世界的事情
..things from the kind of world I was from…
被认为是非常的微不足道
..were considered very marginal.
很多人也被认为是微不足道
A Iot of peopIe were considered marginal,…
因为如果你在80年代中期到后期
..because if you lived on the dole
依靠救助生活
in the mid-to-late 80s,…
你就像是败类一般 不是吗
..You were just scum of the earth, weren’t you?
我认为那时候英国在撒切尔的统治下
And, I suppose it was on the back of Thatcher’s Britain,…
所以你也就习惯了
..So you were kind of used
作为微不足道的狗屎一般的人
to being this kind of marginal piece of turd.
之后 突然之间
And then, suddenly,
这坨狗屎移到了舞台中♥央♥
the piece of turd was moved into centre stage.
那种情况的确感觉很兴奋
So that, that felt exciting.
感觉就像…
It felt like…
像是一场革命迫在眉睫

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!