我并不是个有名的导演或编剧
甚至不是个有名的画师
你们也不是专业的动画师
我们都没有参与大制♥作♥的经验
我们不在电影产业的中心
不在什么有巨额预算的好莱坞工作室里
我们甚至不在波兰电影产业的中心
那些都是真的 但我们心中仍有信念
我相信我们能够
做一些别人
包括那些老牌电影产业 都未曾踏足的事
我们会在荧幕上呈现
文森特和
这群从格但斯克的莫雷纳商场走出来的怪人的内心世界
谢谢
波兰 比托姆
我在比托姆长大
I was brought up in Bytom,
它位处波兰南部
which is in the south of Poland.
属于一个叫西里西亚的地区
It’s a region called Silesia.
那是一个矿区
It’s a mining district.
我在共♥产♥主义的理念中由祖母抚养长大
And I was brought up by my grandmother in communism.
在14岁左右时
And when I was around 14,
多洛塔·科别拉
画师 导演 编剧
我想参加戏剧俱乐部
I wanted to sign up to the theater club,
于是我就去报名加入戏剧俱乐部
and I went there to sign up to the theater club
但导师生病了
and the tutor, she was sick.
他们就让我报名参加艺术.. 绘画俱乐部
They offered me to sign up to the art…To painting club,
我照做了
so I did that,
在那里我遇见了非常喜欢的人
and I met people there that I really liked
我还发现
and I actually discovered that
其实我非常喜欢油画和素描
I really liked painting and drawing.
一切就是这样开始的
And this is how it all started and I,
我就这样进了艺术高中
that’s how I got into the art high school.
我们有一群非常亲密的朋友
We had like this very close group of friends.
米哈乌·亚尼茨基
学生时代好友
我们很幸运能遇到那些教授
We had also a lot of luck when it come to our professors.
耶日·米尔日维亚得
尤拉利娅·多马诺夫斯克
我们的艺术史老师让我们
Our art history teacher enabled us
第一次真正接触到
to have our first proper and tangible meeting
重要的艺术基础知识
with important basics of art.
上学的时候她常带我们去远足
She used to take us for excursions during school time
假期的时候我们也常一起
and also on holidays we used to go together
去参观欧洲各地的博物馆
to see museums all over Europe.
在那里 我们一起了解了文森特·梵高
Where, amongst others, we learned about Vincent van Gogh.
高中毕业后 有人留在艺术领域
After high school, some of use stayed with
继续接受艺术教育
and carried on the same education,
上了一所美术学院
went to a fine arts academy.
华沙美术学院
多洛塔 在我印象中
Dorota, as long as I can remember,
一直想当导演
always wanted to take on directing.
我觉得她对导演的热爱来源于她的祖父
I think her love for it came from her grandfather.
每次她去拜访在比托姆的家人
Whenever she visited her family home in Bytom,
他们都会一起去看电影
they would go to cinema together
然后讨论电影中的经典片段
and later had a discussion about film classics.
我一个最好的朋友 卡米尔
One of my best friends, Kamil,
他去了电影学校
he went to film school
总是带着精彩的故事回来
and he came back always with amazing stories
卡米尔·波拉克
导演
在某种意义上
and on some point
他让我参与了他的电影和项目
he got me involved with his films and his projects,
这对我来说简直不可思议
which, for me, it was just incredible.
这有点像开了个电影学校的后门
It was kind of like a back door to film school.
卡米尔邀请我参与他的电影《失落之城》的制♥作♥
Kamil invited me to work on his film Switez.
做《失落之城》时 我在研究概念艺术
With Switez I was working on concept art,
研究动态分镜 动画和3D纹理
on animatic, on animation, on texturing in 3D.
多洛塔·科别拉
艺术总监:计算机绘图
各种事情
So all sorts of things.
几个月后 突然之间
After a few months, all of a sudden,
所有关于《失落之城》的工作都停止了
all the work on Switez were stopped.
卡米尔直接消失了
Kamil just disappeared.
我一个人在城市里举目无亲
I was alone in the city that I didn’t know anyone,
几乎无事可做
and I didn’t have much to do
因为我就是为了卡米尔的电影才去那里的
because I went there just to work on Kamil’s film.
他消失后
And when he disappeared
我决定待在那儿等他
I decided just to wait around and wait for him,
于是我开始画画
so I started painting,
然后突然之间 他又回来了
and all of a sudden, he did come back,
他和我见了面 我意识到
and he met with me and then I realized
我们得暂停《失落之城》的制♥作♥
we have to take a break from Switez.
他需要休息 他建议我
He needed a break and he just advised me to,
与其等着别人的项目
instead of waiting around for the other’s people project,
不如开始我自己的项目
to start my own project.
我觉得这是个很棒的建议
And I think that was really good advice
我接受了建议 开始按自己的想法工作
and I took it, and I started working on my own idea.
但另一方面 我真的很想念绘画
But on the other hand I really missed painting
我想如果我能把两者结合起来
and I felt that would be amazing
就再好不过了
to actually combine these things.
我大概花了两周的时间 差不多
And I think it took me around two weeks, maybe,
来决定我要做什么
to decide what I’m gonna do
我要画出一部电影
and that I’m gonna paint a film
一开始我只想到这么多
and at first that is all I knew.
我想做一部手绘动画
That I wanted to do a painting animation
这将是一个7分钟的短片
and it would be a seven-minute short film
全部由我自己绘制
that I would paint entirely by myself.
我想为我自己的画注入生命
I was thinking about bringing my own paintings to life.
我想以一个著名画家的风格
I was thinking about telling a fictional story
讲一个虚构的故事
in the style of a famous painter,
我当时一直在担心
and then I was also wondering whether
我是否真的能给一名著名艺术家的画注入生命
I could actually bring a famous artist’s paintings to life
去讲述它们自己的故事
to tell their own story.
我一想到这一点 我就知道
And as soon as I had thought that, then I knew,
我知道我要做一部关于文森特·梵高的电影
I knew I would make a film about Vincent van Gogh.
文森特
多洛塔
科别拉

多洛塔
科别拉
我清楚地记得十几岁时在艺术学校
I vividly remember as a teenager at art school
我被文森特的作品
being overwhelmed by both Vincent’s work,
和他短暂的悲剧生活所震撼
and also by the tragic sadness of his short life.
他在经历了几次失败的职业后
And I think that the fact that he started painting at 29
29岁才拿起画笔
after having failed several professions
这让我对他产生了更强烈的共鸣
meant that I identified with him even more,
因为我正是在这个年龄
as that was the exact age I was
构想出了这一部电影
when I was coming up with the idea for the film.
文森特在29岁重新开始
Vincent’s bravery in starting over at 29,
投身于一个他没有受过相关训练的职业
in throwing himself into a profession he had no training in,
相信自己能够创造出触动人心
in believing that he could make art
甚至帮助他们的艺术 这是种鼓舞人心的勇气
that would touch people, help them even, was inspiring.
所以我决定 我要讲述他的故事
So I decided that I wanted to tell his story,
《文森特》测试 2007年
并且用他自己的画作来讲述
and tell it through his own paintings.
你很难找到如此高产且个人化的艺术家
You don’t get artist who paints so much and so personally.
他画出了他周围的世界
He painted the world around him.
他的房♥间 他的鞋子
His room, his shoes,
他吃的食物 聊天的朋友
the food he ate, the friends he spoke to.
这就是为什么一定得是文森特
So that’s why it had to be Vincent.
我要等三个月才能开始制♥作♥
I had to wait for three months to get the production started
才能拿到资金 所以我有了三个月的空闲
and get the money, and so I had this three months
然后罗兹的一个人
and then someone in Lodz,
把我推荐给了极越工作室的休
he recommended me to…in BreakThru to Hugh.
我认为这是一个绝佳的机会
So I thought that’s amazing opportunity
我就去到罗兹着手研究此项目
and I went to Lodz to work on the project
极越工作室
罗兹2008年
休·韦尔什曼
制片人 导演 编剧
我在电影和动画领域已经工作了20年
I’ve been working in film and animation for 20 years
我最先是去到电影学院进修
I started off going to film school
在17年前 我离开学校成立了自己的公♥司♥
After I left film school I set up my company
极越电影公♥司♥
BreakThru films, 17 years ago
在《至爱梵高》之前 我最令人熟知的是
Before Loving Vincent, I was best known for
制♥作♥了电影《彼得与狼》
producing a film called Peter and the Wolf

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!