Home 传记电影 点球成金(2011)

点球成金(2011)

0
点球成金(2011)

were fundamentally not a sound baseball team.
他们采用了球队经理及其智囊团的错误概念
They had a flawed concept that started with the general manager
他们以为他们能彻底改造棒球体系
and the brain trust thinking they could reinvent baseball.
不能用数据统计的方法
You can’t approach baseball from
来处理棒球事物
a statistical, bean-counting point of view.
它靠的是场上的实战技巧
It’s won on the field with fundamental play.
你得盗垒 你得短打 你得牺牲
You have to steal, you have to bunt, you have to sacrifice.
你得让球员到达得分位置
You gotta get men in scoring position,
你得引导他们进入角色
and you gotta bring them in.
不能依赖于玩弄一堆数据游戏
And you don’t do that with a bunch of statistical gimmicks.
没人可以改造这项运动
Nobody reinvents this game.
哪位
Yeah.
芬威棒球场 波士顿红袜队主场
我对大体育馆怀有敬意 但这里是棒球场
Due respect to the Coliseum, but this is a ballpark.
对 这确实是
Yes, it is.
我们吃点午餐吧
We’re gonna have some lunch in a little bit.
我怎么没叫点咖啡呢
Why don’t I have some coffee sent up?
丹尼斯
Denise?
谢谢 丹尼斯
Thank you, Denise.
-谢谢 -不客气
– Thanks. – You’re welcome.
今天是她的生日 我得送她件礼物
You know, it’s her birthday and I need to get her a present,
但通常都是她送我礼物
but she’s usually the one that does that for me.
你有什么建议吗
So do you have any ideas?
围巾
Scarf.
羊毛的吗
You mean like wool?
不 就是女人戴的那种… 装饰性的
No, I meant what women wear with… You know, decorative.
那在哪儿能买♥♥到呢
Ah. And where would I get something like that?
恕我冒昧
No disrespect,
我刚连输了五场 新赛季马上就要开始了
I just lost in five for the second year in a row.
送她个保龄球 也不关我事
Get her a bowling ball for all I care.

Right.
史蒂夫告诉我他和你签了份新合同
Well, Steve told me he’s offering you a new contract.
是的
Yes.
那你干嘛还回我电♥话♥
So why did you return my call?
因为红袜队的名气
Because it’s the Red Sox.
因为我相信科学或许可以
Because I believe science might offer
解开贝比鲁斯诅咒
an answer to the Curse of the Bambino.
贝比鲁斯1920年被红袜队卖♥♥给扬基队
诅咒红袜队无法再拿世界大赛冠军
-因为我听说你雇了比尔·詹姆斯 -对
– Because I hear you hired Bill James. – Yup.
为什么时隔这么久才雇他 那不是我的原因
You know, why someone took so long to hire that guy is beyond me.
棒球届都讨厌他
Well, baseball hates him.
是啊 大家都讨厌他
Well, baseball can hate him, you know.
钱的好处之一
One of the great things about money is
就是它能买♥♥很多东西
that it buys a lot of things,
其中包括不用去理会
one of which is the luxury to disregard
其他人喜欢什么
what baseball likes, doesn’t like,
想什么
what baseball thinks, doesn’t think.
听上去不错
Ah. Sounds nice.
谢谢你打给我
I was grateful for the call.
-谢我吗 -是啊
– You were grateful? – Yeah.
你用四千一百万打造了一支打进季后赛的球队
For 41 million, you built a play-off team.
没有戴蒙 吉昂比 伊斯林豪森 佩纳
You lost Damon, Giambi, Isringhausen, Pena,
没有了他们 你还赢了更多的比赛
and you won more games without them than you did with them.
你赢的场次和扬基队一样多
You won the exact same number of games that the Yankees won,
但是扬基队每赢一场要花一百四十万
but the Yankees spent 1.4 million per win,
你只用二十六万
and you paid 260,000.
我知道你不同意我的想法
I know you’re taking it in the teeth,
但是第一个敢于打破陈规的人
but the first guy through the wall,
必定会碰得头破血流
he always gets bloody.
这是必然的 这不但威胁到他们的经营方式
Always. This is threatening not just a way of doing business,
他们的思维 还威胁到了比赛
but in their minds, it’s threatening the game.
真正受到威胁的是他们的生活和工作
Really, what it’s threatening is their livelihood, their jobs.
威胁到了他们的处世之道
It’s threatening the way that they do things.
每次发生这种事
Every time that happens,
无论是一个政♥府♥ 还是一种经营方式 无论主体是什么
whether it’s a government, a way of doing business, whatever,
那些大权在握的人
the people who are holding the reins,
掌控全局的人
they have their hands on the switch,
都抓狂了
they go batshit crazy.
无论是哪个球队经理 如果现在还不拆散自己的队伍
I mean, anybody who’s not tearing their team down right now
再按你的模式重建
and rebuilding it using your model,
他们就是老顽固
they’re dinosaurs.
到十月 他们就会坐在沙发上
They’ll be sitting on their ass on the sofa in October
眼睁睁地看着波士顿红袜队赢得世界职业棒球大赛
watching the Boston Red Sox win the World Series.
为什么这么说
What’s this?
我想邀你来当经理 这是我开的条件
I want you to be my general manager. That’s my offer.
抬头
Heads up.
你干嘛
What was that?
-抱歉 我不知道 -你到底想干嘛
– Sorry. I don’t know. – What the hell was that?
你个白♥痴♥
You knucklehead.
在波士顿谈得怎样
How was Boston?
很不错
Impressive.
亨利开的条件很优厚吧
Did Henry make you a good offer, at least?
-无所谓 -什么意思
– Doesn’t matter. Doesn’t matter. – What was it? What was it?
-无所谓 -什么意思
– Doesn’t matter. – What was it?
这会让你成为运动史上薪酬最高的经理
That makes you the highest-paid GM in the history of sports.
所以呢
So?
那又如何
So what?
我为了钱 曾做过一次人生重大的决定
I made one decision in my life based on money.
我发誓再也不会那么做
And I swore I would never do it again.
你那样做不是为钱
You’re not doing it for the money.
-不是吗 -不是
– No? – No.
你那样做是为了有钱能办事
You’re doing it for what the money says.
有钱就能得到能赚大钱的球员
And it says what it says to any player that makes big money.
那就是钱的价值
That they’re worth it.
鬼扯什么
What a dump.
我真的很想在这里赢
I really wanted to win here.
真的很想
I really did.
我觉得你赢得够多了 比利
I think you won pretty big, Billy.
皮特 我们输了
Pete, we lost.
我们输了
We lost.
这才没几天
It’s only been a few days.
给自己点时间 让这事过去吧
Give yourself some time to get over it.
伙计 这事我过不去
Man, I don’t get over these things.
从来都是
Ever.
跟我来录像室 我想给你看点东西
Come with me to the video room. I wanna show you something.
不 伙计 我现在没心情看电影
No, man, I’m not up for film right now.
快点 说真的
Come on. Seriously.
快来 比利 过来
Come on, Billy. Come on.
维萨利亚橡树队里
The Visalia Oaks
我们240磅的接球手 杰瑞米·布朗
and our 240-pound catcher, Jeremy Brown,
正如你所知 他不敢跑二垒
who, as you know, is scared to run to second base.
这是六周前的一场比赛
This was in a game six weeks ago.
这家伙第一下就投了个快球
This guy’s gonna start with a fastball.
杰里米这一击很漂亮
Jeremy’s gonna take him to deep center.
这儿就有趣了
Here’s what’s interesting,
因为杰里米会做出前所未有的举动
because Jeremy’s gonna do what he never does.
他要冲了
He’s gonna go for it.
他准备绕过一垒 奋力向二垒冲去
He’s gonna round first and he’s gonna go for it.
明白吗
Okay?
杰里米的梦魇成真了
This is all of Jeremy’s nightmares coming to life.
-他们在笑他 -杰里米快要知道原因了
– Aw, they’re laughing at him. – And Jeremy’s about to find out why.
杰里米就要发现
Jeremy’s about to realize
球飞出了边界外六十英尺
that the ball went 60 feet over the fence.
他没发觉自己打出了本垒打
He hit a home run and didn’t even realize it.
你怎能不迷上棒球呢
How can you not be romantic about baseball?
-这是隐喻 -我知道
– It’s a metaphor. – I know it’s a metaphor.
好吧
Okay.
皮特 你是个大好人
Pete, you’re a good egg.
我会再打给你的
I’ll call you.
爸爸 这是我跟你提过要录的那首歌♥
Hey, Dad, this is the song I told you I’d record.
拜托别给别人听
Please don’t show it to anyone else.