宝贝 怎么还没睡
Honey, what are you doing awake?
亲爱的 你能不能…
Sweetheart, can you…?
我女儿
That’s my daughter.
你有小孩吗
You got kids?
有个女儿
Uh, yeah, a daughter.
斯科特 这是奥克兰运动家队的合同
Scott, this is a contract to play ball for the Oakland A’s.
副本已经发给你的经纪人了
A copy’s been sent over to your agent.
跟你爱人商量一下 给我们个答复
Discuss with your wife, let us know.
谢谢
Thank you.
-再见 -再见
– Bye-bye. – Bye.
-对了 斯科特 -什么事
– And, Scott. – Yeah?
别跟其他人提起一垒的事
Don’t tell anyone about the first-base thing.
-好的 -好
– Yes, sir. – Okay.
-假期愉快 -好的
– Happy holidays. – All right.
-你好 莎伦 -你好 比利
– Hey, Sharon. – Hi, Billy.
-她准备好了吗 -她跟朋友出去了
– Is she ready? – She’s out with friends.
一会儿就回来 进来吧
But she’ll be back. Come in.
-好吧 -对 她在呢 稍等
– Okay. – Yeah, she’s right here. Hold on.
给你电♥话♥
Here you go.
-过来 坐吧 -好的
– Here, wanna have a seat? – Yeah.
还好吗 比利
You good, Billy?
很好 你呢 艾伦
Yeah. How are you, Alan?
很好 很不错 这里很清静
Good. Really good. Things are peaceful around here.
见到你很高兴
It’s good to see you.
谢谢 艾伦
Thanks, Alan.
自从季后赛还没见过你
I haven’t got to see you since playoffs.
纽约的那场比赛确实令人惋惜
I wanted to say that New York was heartbreaking.
你肯定也很难过
I’m sure for you too.
没有几个队能撑那么久
Not many teams make it that far,
看着你们撑了那么久 真是…
and to watch you go that far was…
-的确很厉害 -还好吧
– It was really an accomplishment. – Well, that’s nice.
球队还好吗
How is the team shaping up?
-还好 在重组 -很好
– Team’s good. Rebuilding. – Good.
我听说吉昂博尼和戴蒙走了
I read you lost Giambonni and Damon.
-吉昂比 -吉昂比
– Giambi. – Giambi.
是的 戴蒙 和伊斯林豪森
Yeah. Damon, Isringhausen.
他们真走了吗
They’re really… They’re gone?
走了 已经不是新闻了
Gone. Yesterday’s news.
-太糟糕了 -不 那是有点难办
– That’s terrible. – No, but that is a tough situation.
那是…
That’s…
不过会好起来的 你总有办法
You’re gonna be fine, though. You always figure something out.
她人呢 去哪儿了 上街了还是…
Where is she? Where was she? Down the street or…?
抱歉 是的 我刚跟她通过电♥话♥
Oh, sorry, yeah. I just talked to her on her cell.
她在爬山呢
She’s coming up the hill.
好吧
Okay.
她还有个手♥机♥吗
She’s got a cell phone?
-是的 -十二岁就用手♥机♥吗
– Yeah. – A 12-year-old?

Yeah.
以防万一
For emergencies.
这事该父母决定吧
Big parenting decision.
这事 我们 是应该讨论一下
But it’s something that, you know, we, you know, all should discuss,
因为如果你反对的话 当然…
because if you have any objections, of course…
我和她妈会讨论的
Her mother and I will discuss it.
但还是要谢谢你
But thank you.
这些呢
Any of these?
我不知道
I don’t know.
-你喜欢吗 -这把很酷
– Do you…? – This one’s cool.
带蝴蝶那把 好不好
Is that good or bad? Butterflies.
还行
They’re okay.
这把好看 我喜欢红色
Look, that one’s pretty. I like the red.
试一下吗
Should we try?
不试吗
No?
-我喜欢这把 -是吗
– Oh, I like this one. – Yeah?
老爸 看这把
Dad, look at this one.
-红色的 -很漂亮
– Look the colour is red. – It’s beautiful.
-这把很漂亮 -来弹弹试试
– This one’s pretty. – Let’s try it out.
-就在这吗 -不如去那边吧
– Just right here? – Why don’t we go over there?
去那边行吗
Can we go over there?
宝贝 唱出来 你唱得很好
Oh, honey, you need to sing. That’s so good.
很美
That’s beautiful.
有时候我会唱出来
Sometimes I sing.
边弹边唱的感觉很棒
It’s fun to sing with your song,
但我不想有人在旁边听
but I don’t want people to listen to me.
宝贝 我想大家一定很想听你唱
Well, honey, I think people would love to listen to you.
太好听了
That’s beautiful.
要不给老爸唱一首
Would you sing a little for your dad?
就在店中间行吗
Right here in the middle of the store?
-就唱一小段 -行
– Little bit. – Little bit.
-准备好了吗 -准备好了
– You ready? – I’m ready.
好的
Okay.
我只是有点不知所措
I’m just a little bit caught in the middle
生活像个迷宫 爱情像个谜团
Life is a maze and love is a riddle
我不知何去何从 无法独自承受 我努力过
I don’t know where to go can’t do it alone, I’ve tried
但还是不懂
And I don’t know why
此刻我只是个迷失的小女孩
I’m just a little girl lost in the moment
我心中不安 但不想告白
I’m so scared but I don’t show it
我无计可施 心情变坏
I can’t figure it out it’s bringing me down
我知道 我得释怀
I know I’ve got to let it go
尽情享受人生的舞台
And just enjoy the show
1984年 比恩
比利·比恩在这场选秀赛中首发上场
Billy Beane was taken in the first round of the amateur draft.
比利·比恩真是太超值了
I think this is a steal, to get Billy Beane.
他年轻又多才
He’s young, he’s talented.
真正的速度型全能选手
A true five-tool player with speed.
有着不可估量的前景
This guy is a can’t-miss prospect.
他会给纽约大都会队带来好运
This is a great sign for the New York Mets.
也许此刻就是他们期待已久的转折点
And it could be the turnaround that they’ve been looking for.
一个坏球
Ball one.
我觉得比利·比恩可以替代斯特罗贝里
I’ll take Billy Beane over Strawberry.
比利·比恩 选择了心爱的棒球
Billy Beane, an interesting pick,
放弃了奖学金
turned down a scholarship.
他本可以去斯坦福深造
He could’ve gone to Stanford.
不过加入了大联盟 你才能发现自己的价值
Sometimes you don’t find out till you get to the big leagues.
好球
Strike!
这小伙从未失意过
This guy has never failed at anything.
他马上高中毕业
He’s coming out of high school.
比利本来要去上大学
Billy was gonna go to college.
或许能成为一名出色的四分卫
He could’ve been a great quarterback.
三振出局
Strike three.
几乎每个棒球队
There’s not an organization in baseball
都对这个年经小伙感兴趣
who would not have taken a chance on this young guy.
1985年
他又没发挥好 每年都这样
He didn’t pan out. That happens every year.
发挥不稳定
Some do, some don’t.
如果你对此有任何疑虑…
I mean, if you’re having any doubt at all about this…
1986年
1987年
就去拿奖学金…
Having the scholarship…
您的儿子有极佳的天赋
Your son was born with a God-given ability.
很少有球探能深入了解年轻人的想法
Few scouts can go into the mind of a young man
从而判断他对自己的能力是否充满信心
and determine whether he’s really confident about what he can do.
一个非常与众不同的球员
A very special player.
你根据他的能力与他签约
So you can sign him based on his ability,
但他需要通过胜利找到自信
but then he’s gotta be successful to be confident.
1988年
一旦他有了自信 你才能有所斩获
And once he becomes confident, that’s when you’ve got something.
1989年
你凭眼前所见做出决定
You make a decision on what you see.
如果没有成功 你就继续前进
And if things don’t pan out, you move on.
这就是棒球
That’s baseball.
犹如大浪淘沙 只有金子才会发光
Many are called, few are chosen.
比利 这是凯文·尤克里斯
Billy, that is Kevin Youkilis.
他就是保送之神
That is the Greek God of Walks.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!