这是我们降落前 最后一次的报告
That completes my final report until we touch down.
我们现在启动 电脑自动导航系统
We’re on full automatic, in the hands of the computers.
现在我所有船员已进入长眠
I’ve tucked my crew in for the long sleep,
不久后我也会一起睡
and I’ll be joining them soon.
再过一小时 我们就到 甘西迪角有整整六个月了
ln less than an hour we’ll finish our sixth month out of Cape Kennedy.
在外太空留了六个月 那是我们这里的时间
Six months in deep space. By our time, that is.
根据夏瑟林博士的理论
According to Dr Hasslein’s theory of time
因为我们的速度接近光速
in a vehicle traveling nearly the speed of light,
地球已经过了七百年
the Earth has aged nearly 700 years since we left it,
可是我们几乎没有老化
while we’ve aged hardly at all.
也许如此 不过这点是事实
It may be so. This much is probably true.
派我们出任务的那些人 早就已经死了
The men who sent us on this journey are long since dead and gone.
现在听到我发讯的人 是新一代的人类
You who are reading me now are a different breed.
我希望是更好的一代
I hope a better one.
我对离开二十世纪豪不后悔
I leave the 20th century with no regrets. But one more thing…
如果有人在听 还有一件事
lf anybody’s listening, that is.
这不是科学的 而是个人的观察
Nothing scientific. It’ s purely personal.
从这里看起来 一切都是不一样的
Seen from out here, everything seems different.
时间会扭曲 太空是无尽的
Time bends. Space is boundless.
这会粉碎人的自信
It squashes a man’s ego.
我感觉好孤独
I feel lonely.
就是如此
That’s about it.
告诉我…
Tell me, though…
万物之主的人类
Does man, that marvel of the universe,
派我进太空的矛盾生物
that glorious paradox who has sent me to the stars,
是否还是会自相残杀 让邻居的孩子挨饿
still make war against his brother, keep his neighbor’s children starving?
“2673年3月26日”
你没事吧
Are you all right?
史德慧
Stewart?
史德慧
Stewart?
我们要沉没了 道奇 快测试大气中的成份
We’re in the soup. She’s sinking. Dodge, read the atmosphere.
蓝登 发出最后的通讯
Landon, get out a last signal.
-什么讯号♥ -发给地球 我们落地了
-What signal? -To Earth. That we’ve landed.
-空气没有问题 -在失去动力前 赶快炸开舱门
The air’s OK. Blow the hatch before we lose all our power.
-算了 已经没有动力了 -弃船吧
-It’ s no use. The power’s gone. -Forget it. Abandon ship.
“3978年11月25日”
太空船要沉了
She’s sinking.
沉了…
Going…
沉了…
Going…
沉了
Gone.
我们要留在这里了
OK. We’re here to stay.
我们到底在哪里 船长 你知道吗
Well, where are we? Do you have any notion, skipper?
离地球大约320光年
We’re 320 light years from Earth
一颗射手座无名的行星
on an unnamed planet in orbit around a star in the constellation of Orion.
那个可以吗
ls that close enough for you?
-那也许是参宿五 -太白了 不可能
-That could be Bellatrix. -It’ s too white for Bellatrix.
你无时间去看资料 你不知道发生了什么问题
You didn’t have time to read the tapes. So you really don’t know, do you?
这艘船没有预计会在水中降落
What went wrong? We weren’t programmed to land in the water.
重点不是我们在哪里 而是这是什么时候
The question is not so much where we are as when we are.
我们已经睡了够久 现在该去赚加班费了
We’ve had enough sleep for a while. Let’s start earning all that back pay.
道奇 测试土壤
Dodge, run your soil test.
-你有否带感应器 -有
-Got your sensors? -Right.
-幅射测量器 -有
-Geiger counter? -Got it.
我看看 一把手♥枪♥ 二十颗子弹
Let’s see… One pistol, 20 rounds ammo,
急救箱 摄影机 TX9
a medical kit, camera, TX9.
足够三天用的食物与食水
We’ve got food and water enough for three days.
-白书有多久 -这是个好问题
-How long is a day? -That’s a good question.
蓝登
Landon…
蓝登
Hey, Landon.
和我们一起探险
Join the expedition.
对不起 我在想史德慧 你认为发生了什么事
Sorry. l was thinking about Stewart. What do you suppose happened?
-漏气 她在睡梦中死亡 -你好像不会难过
-Air leak. She died in her sleep. -You don’t seem very cut up about it.
现在哀伤已经太迟 她已经死了一年多
It’ s a little late for a wake. She’s been dead nearly a year.
我们离开地球十八个月了
That means we’ve been away from Earth for 18 months.
那是我们的时间
Our time.
你有白头发了
You’ve gone gray.
以2031岁的人来说 你还算不错
Apart from that you look pretty chipper for a man who’s 2,031 years old.
时钟证实了夏瑟林的理论
I read the clocks. They bear out Hasslein’s hypothesis.
我们离开地球二千年了 误差也许有十年
We have been away from Earth for 2,000 years, give or take a decade.
接受事实吧 你所熟悉的都消失了
Still can’t accept it? Time’s wiped out everything you ever knew.
-都是红尘往事 -证实这一点
-It’ s all dust. -Prove it.
若无法回地球 这还是个理论
lf we can’t get back, it’s still just a theory.
是事实 接受吧 你会更自在
It’ s a fact, Landon. Buy it. You’ll sleep better.
这里长不出东西来
Nothing will grow here. There’s just a trace of carbohydrates.
几乎没有碳水化合物 所有的氮都变成了硝酸碱
All the nitrogen is locked into the nitrates.
-没有危险的电离吗 -没有
-No dangerous ionization? -No.
好…
Well…
若这里没有生命迹象 我们有72个小时去找寻
lf there’s no life here, we’ve gotjust 72 hours to find it.
-到时补给就用完了 走吧 -什么方向
That’s when the groceries run out. Let’s go. Which direction?
-往那边 -有什么特别理由吗
-That way. -Any particular reason?
没有
None at all.
快来…
Come on…
都没事吧
Everybody all right?
检查食用水
Water check.
八安士
Eight ounces.
不合理 打雷 闪电
It doesn’t add up. Thunder and lightning,
但没有雨水 晚上有云层
and no rain. Cloud cover at night.
-还有奇怪的光 没有月亮 -能够定出方位就好了
-That strange luminosity, yet no moon. -lf we could just get a fix.
这有什么用处 我说过你们在何处与何时了
What would that tell you? I’ve told you where you are and when you are.
好了
All right, all right.
你们离宝贵的地球有三百光年
You’re 300 light years from your precious planet.
你们的亲人已经死了 二十个世纪
Your loved ones are dead and forgotten for 20 centuries.
二十个世纪 就算你们能回去
20. Even if you could get back,
也只是个怪物
they’d think you were something that fell out of a tree.
别逗他了
Taylor, quit riding him.
现在唯一的现实 就是这里 就是现在
There is just one reality. We are here and it is now.
记住这一点 不然你与死无异
You get hold of that, or you might as well be dead.
我随时都可以死
I’m prepared to die.
他随时都可以去死
He’s prepared to die.
这真是令人感动 又是人类精神的一次胜利
Doesn’t that make you misty? Chalk up another victory for the human spirit.
告诉我一件事 为何你会加入我们
Clue me in on something, will you? Why did you sign on for this trip?
你是自愿加入的 为何
You volunteered. Why?
别管了 我告诉你
Never mind. I’ll clue you in.
你是72年毕业的高材生
You were the golden boy of the class of ’72.
他们提名你时 你无法拒绝
When they nominated you, you couldn’t turn it down.
不然你的完美形象就破坏了
Not without losing your all-American image.
-不要骚扰我了 好不好 -还有别忘了这个
-Climb off, will you? -And the glory. Don’t forget that.
外面某处有你的人身铜像
There’s a life-size bronze statue of you standing out there somewhere.
现在大概已经变绿色了 无人看得出名牌上的名字
Probably turned green by now and nobody can read the nameplate.
-但我们不该忘记英雄 -你别烦我了
-But never let it be said we forget our heroes. -Taylor, climb off my back.
最后还会名垂千史
And there’s one last item. lmmortality.
你想永远活下去
You wanted to live for ever, didn’t you?
你差点成功了 除了我与道奇
Well, you damn near made it. Except for me and Dodge,
你活得比谁都久
you’ve lived longer than anyone ever born.
现在美丽的史德慧上尉死了
And with our lovely Lieutenant Stewart dead,
你应该是最后一位了
it looks like you’re the last of the line.
现在你高兴了吧 感觉如何
You got what you wanted, tiger. How does it taste?
好 算你了解我 我为何不了解你
OK. You read me well enough. But why can’t I read you?
别管了
Don’t bother.
道奇 他和我不一样 不过他言之有理
Dodge, there. He’s not like me at all. But he makes sense.
只要能知道别人所不知
He’d walk naked into a live volcano
他也愿意跳入火山
if he thought he could learn something that no other man knew.
你可不是探险家 你尖酸刻薄
But you… You’re no seeker. You’re negative.
-我可不愿意死 -为什么
-And I’m not prepared to die. -I’d like to know why not.
你认为地球上的生活无意义
You thought life on Earth was meaningless.
你恨人类 所以你一走了之
You despised people. -So what did you do? You ran out.
不是这样的 我也是个探险家
No. It’ s not like that, Landon.I’m a seeker too.
但我的梦想和你们不一样
But my dreams aren’t like yours.
在宇宙中一定
I can’t help thinking somewhere
有比人类更好的东西
there has to be something better than man. Has to be.
过来这里
Taylor, over here.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!