是我听错了?
Am I missing something here?
还是你说错了?
Are you missing something?
– 我们不能要。 – 不能要?
– We can’t. – We can’t?
有你我的生活已经够充实了,杰克逊。
My life is full enough with you, Jackson.
等会儿。嘛去? 别走。
Wait a minute. Where you going? Don’t walk away from me.
我们是两口子。我就想要个孩子。
We’re husband and wife. I wanna have a baby.
我们的孩子。这就是…这就是事情发展的意义所在。
Our baby. That’s what the…That’s what the progression of things is about.
– 这就是婚姻的意义。- 这不是婚姻的意义。
– That’s what the union is about. – That’s not what the union is about.
好吧,那是什么?
Well, what else is there?
– 那不是重点 – 对我来说是。
– That’s not what it’s about. – For me.
结婚誓词可没有规定要生孩子。
The vows don’t stipulate baby.
我不会让另一个生命掺和进来。
I am not going to bring another life into that.
我们是画画的,杰克逊。
We are painters, Jackson.
我们没有钱。我们过不下去。我们要奋斗。
We don’t have any money. We don’t get by. We struggle.
你是个伟大的艺术家。
You are a great artist.
我信赖杰克逊·波洛克。
I believe in Jackson Pollock.
这就是你,这就是画画。
There’s you, and there’s the painting.
是你…必做的。必做的。必做的。必做的!
And you… you need. You need, you need, you need!
我哪儿也不想去。
And I don’t wanna be anywhere else.
我也不需要…其他任何人。
I don’t want to be with… anyone else.
我…只能如此了。
But that’s all… I can handle.
– 就是这里吧? – 是的,快请。
– This is it? – Yes, please.
来。我们进去吃午饭吧。
Come on. Let’s go inside for lunch.
– 不不不,我想看看画。 – 这里真美。
– No, no, no, no. I want to see the paintings. – It’s beautiful here.
– 那我们去看画吧。- 那我们去…我们刚搬到谷仓。
– Let’s go see the paintings. – Let’s go out to the…We just moved out to the barn.
– 杰克逊? – 嗯?
– Jackson? – Hmm?
到了。我们能进来吗?
They’re here. Can we come in?
当然。
Sure.
杰克逊!
Jackson!
小心。杰克逊!
Now be careful. Jackson!
– 你好吗? – 嗨!
– How are you? – Hi!
来见见阿方索·奥索里奥。这是杰克逊·波洛克。
I want you to meet Alfonso Ossorio. This is Jackson Pollock.
还有,哦,你认得的,泰德。
And, oh, you know him, Ted.
– 你好。 – 泰德,请进。
– Hello. – Ted, come on in.
– 嗨。- 这是泰德·德拉甘。这是杰克逊·波洛克。
– Hi. – This is Ted Dragon. This is Jackson Pollock.
他们是为了展会先期考察来的,我希望他们会买♥♥一些。
They came up for a preview of the show, and I expect them to buy something.
这里很美。你们一定很快乐。
It’s beautiful. You must be very happy.
就那么回事。乡村美景。
Damn near. The country’s wonderful.
好吧,我就喜欢这张。
Well, I just enjoy this one.
– 这些是新的吗? – 这张上过去年的秋季展。
– Are these new? – This was in my last fall show.
你又回到形象中去了,杰克逊。
You’re retreating into imagery again, Jackson.
画就是画,表象就是表象。
Paint is paint. Surface is surface.
不应该有其他意义。
That’s all they should be.
这是,呃,
This is, um,
这是一流的。
this is first-rate.
你为什么不搞个十张八张的?
Why don’t you do eight or ten of those?
画就是画,表象就是表象,不应该有其他意义。
Paint is paint. Surface is surface. That’s all they should be.
超现实主义者把写作和绘画混为一谈了。
The surrealists confuse literature with painting.
我接受不了。他们不会有市场的。
I can’t stand it. They will not have their way.
杰克逊,这一年来,你在外面所做的一切,
What you’re doing out there, Jackson, is better than anything I’ve seen from you…
比我从你身上看到的任何东西都要好。
in a year or more.
不,我回想一下。佩吉的壁画。
No, I gotta backtrack. Peggy’s mural.
那时我想,“这是一个伟大的画家。”
That’s when I thought, “Here’s a great painter.”
可人们对我说,“这就是墙纸。
And people saying to me, “It’s wallpaper.
不断地重复”
It repeats itself and repeats”
我一直计划回欧洲,
It’s always been my plan to return to Europe.
霍华德去世后我就没精力了。
I don’t have the energy for it since Howard died.
– 但杰克逊需要一个画廊。 – 对不起。
– But Jackson needs a gallery. – Excuse me.
– 那幅画缺点儿什么吗? – 不是太好。
– What was the one that missed? – The one that wasn’t so good.
我觉得你还没上色。
I don’t think you have color yet.
就像毕加索一样,我认为颜色保持柔和些会更好。
Like Picasso, I think you’re much better off when you keep your color quiet.
哪一幅,克莱姆?操,我来改了它。
So, which one was it, Clem? Shit, I’ll fix it.
满篇蓝色的那幅。
The one with all the blue.
蓝得不正?太蓝了?
Is it the wrong blue? Too much blue?
我追求艺术的完美,杰克逊。这张画显然不是。
All I want art to be is good, Jackson. The picture misses.
那你认为如何,泰德?
And what do you think, Ted?
不错,我觉得挺有意思。我喜欢蓝色。
Well, I think it’s interesting. I like blue.
– 你觉得怎么样,阿方索? – 我觉得那是你的作品。
– What do you think, Alfonso? – I think it’s your painting.
– 但你还是觉得它有问题。 – 克莱姆可以有他的观点,但也许是错的。
– But you think it misses. – Clem may have a point, and he may not.
– 我们该走了吧。 – 你觉得有问题?
– We should be going. – You think it misses?
你觉得有问题吗?
You think it might miss?
阿方索,你觉得有问题吗?
Alfonso, you think it might miss?
– 也许吧。 – 好,我改给你们看。
– It might. – Well, I’ll just go fix it for you.
他没事儿吧,李?
Is he all right, Lee?
– 他没事。 – 他没事。
– He’s fine. – He’s fine.
那么,是满篇的蓝困扰你了吗?
So, it’s all the blue that’s bothering you?
还有什么,你想要柔和一点的颜色吗?
And what else, you want the color quiet?
– 可以再柔和一点。 – 那我们把颜色调淡。
– It could be a little quieter. – Let’s quiet the color, then.
目前这是件伟大的作品。
Now this is something.
不管你喝得多醉…
No matter how drunk you are…
我没醉。
I’m not drunk.
对你来说,有一件事是神圣的,
there’s one thing sacred for you,
别人的感觉都无所谓。
not anybody’s feelings or anything like that.
那是你的艺术。
It’s your art.
你不能毁了你的艺术。
You’re not going to destroy your art.
这是伟大的作品。
This is something.
1947年1月
他跟你合作了四场展会了,佩吉。
He’s had four shows with you, Peggy.
他不能突然没有画廊。
He can’t suddenly not have a gallery.
你亏欠于他。
You owe him.
萨姆不会带他的。
Sam won’t take him.
贝蒂·帕森斯说了什么?
What did Betty Parsons say?
哦,每个人都喝酒。又不光是他一个。
Oh, everyone drinks. He’s not the only one.
我知道,但他是个伟大的画家。
I know, but he’s a great painter.
当然,当然。我再打给你。
Of course, of course. I’ll call you back.
哦,晚饭马上就好。
Oh, I’ll have supper ready in a jiffy.
看来贝蒂·帕森斯要收留你了。
Looks like Betty Parsons may take you in.
佩吉愿意继续每月的津贴直到明年,
Peggy’s willing to continue the monthly allowance through next year,
所以她仍然拥有你所有未售出的画作,
So, she’ll still own all your unsold paintings,
但是贝蒂将从销♥售♥的新作品中获得佣金。
but Betty will get a commission on the new work that sells.
你做到了,波洛克。
You’ve done it, Pollock.
你彻底打开思路了。
You’ve cracked it wide open.
过。
Pass.
5分。跟吗?
A nickel. Cover it?
我跟你5分,
I’ll see your nickel,
再大你…25分。
and I’ll raise you… a quarter.
哦。我不喜欢你那种微笑。
Oh. I don’t like the look of that smile.
有一种微笑是爱的微笑,也有一种是欺骗的微笑。
There is a smile of love, and there is a smile of deceit.
– 我走了。 – 我走了。
– I’m out. – I’m out.
我可没这么多钱。
Too rich for my blood.
– 放弃。 – 哦!
– Two 2s. – Whoo!
“这两种微笑在一种微笑中相遇。”威廉·布莱克(英国浪漫主义诗人、版画家)
“There is a smile of smiles in which these two smiles meet.” William Blake.
虚张声势的人。
Such a bluffer.
杰克逊,你听说德·库宁卖♥♥给“现代”了吗?
Jackson, did you hear de Kooning sold to the Modern?
我发牌吗?
Want me to deal?
“激♥情♥与技巧的非凡融合,
“A singular concentration of passion and technique,
能量爆棚、技艺精湛。”
fierce energy, virtuosity.”
我觉得他老婆和评论家上♥床♥也没什么不好的。
I guess it doesn’t hurt that his wife is fucking the critic.
– 你们在说谁呢? – 德·库宁。
– Who are you talking about? – De Kooning.
我不同意”精湛技艺”的说法,但这确实是一场精彩的展会。
I don’t agree with “virtuosity,” but it was a hell of a show.
扯,扯,扯,扯,扯,扯,扯,
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
– 你看展览了吗? – 我们又不在西伯利亚。
– Did you see the show? – We’re not in Siberia.
哦,你现在是评论家了。
Oh, so you’re the critic now.
没人他妈的知道我的存在。有谁会他妈的谈论我?
No one knows I fuckin’ exist. Who the hell’s talking about me?
你的每一场展出我都写稿报道。
I write about every goddamn show you have.
你是唯一一个,克莱姆。你的称赞对我有什么用?
You’re the only one, Clem. What good does your praise do me?
杰克逊,这是新事物。你要给它时间。
Jackson, it’s new stuff. You gotta give it time.
我们要破产了!
We’re broke!
我站在河湾里用脚趾在挖蛤蜊。
I’m digging clams out of the bay with my toes.
– 我没看到德库宁在挖蛤蜊。 – 每个人都在挣扎。
– I don’t see de Kooning digging clams. – Everyone is struggling.
– 它会给你带来突破。 – 啥时候?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!