I’ve plotted this garden for you, gracious goddess…
没有牧羊人敢领羊群穿行的草甸
…A meadow where no shepherd brings flocks to graze…
不好意思打扰一下 我是Olive Byrne 新的助教
Sorry to interrupt. I’m Olive Byrne, the new teacher’s assistant.
啊 你好
Yes, hello.
Marston女士说您下午要喝咖啡
Uh, Mrs. Marston said you liked coffee in the afternoon.
哦 好 你见过我妻子了
Oh, good. You met my wife.
– 是的 – 请坐
– Yes. – Please, sit.
哦 不 我真的应该回去了
– Oh, no, I really should get back to…
不不不 请坐吧
– No, no, no, please. Sit.
我很高兴你能加入我们
Well, I’m very glad you could join us.
你没事吧
Are you all right?
没事
Yes.
那 和我讲讲你自己吧
So tell me a little about yourself.
呃 恐怕没什么好讲的 真的
Uh, I’m afraid there’s not much to tell, really.
你订婚了
You’re engaged.
是的
Yes.
那 你为什么对心理学领域感兴趣
So, what makes you interested in the field of psychology?
呃 我不知道 我
Uh, I don’t know, I…
那些女生 我姐妹会的人
The girls, my sorority sisters…
她们 说你的课很有意思 而且
…they, uh, said your lectures were interesting, and it…
– 什么 – 合我的时间表
– What? – Fit in my schedule.
我认为人的思维令人着迷 我
I find the human mind fascinating. I…
不好意思 我不认为这是个好主意
I’m sorry. I don’t think this was the best idea.
– 什么 – 我不知道为什么
– What is? – I don’t know why…
她会说这么糟糕的话
…she would say such awful things.
不好意思
Excuse me.
但你说过你没有性上的嫉妒
But you said you had no sexual jealousy.
但我有职业上的嫉妒
But I do have professional jealousy,
而且我们现在做的工作
and the work that we’re doing right now…
很重要 我不能容你搞女学生
…well, it’s critical, I can’t have you panting after some coed.
– 之前你说没事的 – 我改主意了
– Before, you said it was all right. – I changed my mind.
如果你如此渴望理解女人的思想
If you desperately want to understand the mind of a woman…
先从这个开始吧
– …you can start with that.
你惹那个可怜的姑娘哭了 Elizabeth
– You made the poor girl cry, Elizabeth.
我请你不要上我丈夫的时候
When I asked you not to fuck my husband…
我很抱歉 我不是想侮辱你
…I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to insult you.
– 我什么都没做 – 我知道 你没错
– I’ve done nothing. – No, I know, you’re right.
我只是不知道为什么女人和男人
I just don’t know why women and men…
那也是我想给你们两个工作的原因
That’s why I wanted to work for you both…
因为我认为你们能告诉我是为什么
…because I thought you could tell me why.
我什么都没做 依旧 没人能看到听到我自己
I never do anything, and yet, nobody sees me or hears me.
只有嘈杂 敌意和谎言
It’s just all noise and hostility and lies.
对不起 我没想惹哭你
I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you.
我想学习
I wanna learn.
我崇敬你 我
I admire you, I…
读过你的论文
…read your paper on the
色彩与情感状态的关系
correlation of color and emotional states.
你读过我的论文
You read my paper?
他们不肯授你学位简直是犯罪
It’s criminal that they will not give you a degree.
你不用编一套词来哄我
You know, you don’t need to feed me a line.
我没有 天啊 你到底有什么毛病
I’m not. God, what is wrong with you?
她既神经质 又控制不了 这么形容应该准确
She’s neurotic, also compulsive. I’d say that’s accurate.
我们能喝点威士忌吗
Would it be possible to get some whiskey with this?
那是违法的
It’s illegal.
来吧
Come on.
去哪
Where?
如果你没拒绝好好生活
How are you going to learn
那关于生活你能学到什么
anything at all about life if you refuse to live it?
哦 不 亲爱的 我不同意你说的
Oh, no, darling, I have to disagree with you.
– 哦 我真意外啊 – 不 弗洛伊德都是狗屁
– Oh, surprise, surprise. – No, Freud is full of shit.
不 我要条阴♥茎♥干嘛
No. What would I want with a penis?
说真的 要长一个器官时时刻刻
Seriously, it would be exhausting to have one organ…
指向你生命的追求就太累了
…constantly directing the course of your life.
Olive 你想要条阴♥茎♥吗
Olive, do you want a penis?
– 不 – 你认为你有阴♥茎♥嫉妒吗
– No. – Do you think that you have penis envy?
我不知道那是什么意思 抱歉
I don’t understand what that means, sorry.
你能不能别道歉了
Will you stop apologizing?
你知道你一分钟要道歉几次吗
Do you know how many times a minute you apologize?
抱歉
Sorry.
Elizabeth 亲爱的 阴♥茎♥嫉妒是种比喻
Elizabeth, peach, penis envy is figurative.
它表示一种女性经历着的
It means a woman experiences
一种对男性在世界上的地位的嫉妒
an envy of the male position in the world.
他的统治 他的能力
His dominance. His ability
不仅能插入女人 而且
to penetrate not just the woman, but…
– 生活亦然 – 哦 插入生活
– …life. – Oh, penetrate life?
– 对 – 嗯 那就很有意思了
– Yes. – Well, that’s very interesting.
你应该读他的书
You should’ve read the book.
– 你不认为我 – 那我可能确实有
– You do not think I… – Then perhaps I do have it.
我确实嫉妒男性在生活中的地位
I do envy men’s position in life,
他们的强韧体力 他们的权力
their physical strength, their entitlement.
我的姑妈说 “一个女人不该被告知怎样使用她的自♥由♥
My aunt said, “A woman must not be told how to use her freedom…
她必须自己找到方法”
…she must find out for herself.”
你的姑妈 亲爱的 是在引用Margaret Sanger
Your aunt, my dear, is quoting Margaret Sanger.
我姑妈就是Margaret Sanger
My aunt is Margaret Sanger.
– 那个Margaret Sanger – 我和她不怎么熟
– The Margaret Sanger? – I don’t know her very well.
我认为我母亲和她 应该有不快的旧事
My mother and her… There are sore feelings, I think.
你开玩笑吗
Are you joking?
你母亲是Ethel Byrne
Your mother is Ethel Byrne?
我们积极地参与过为女性选举权的斗争
We were very active in the fight for women’s suffrage.
她为避孕绝食抗♥议♥的时候
When she did her hunger strike
我们都去为她加油
for birth control, we rallied in her support.
我不是我母亲带大的
I didn’t grow up with my mother.
她 呃 离开了 我被送到修道院学校
She, uh, left and I was put in a convent school.
– 什么 她把你抛弃了吗 – 我的父亲是个醉鬼
– What, she abandoned you? – My father was a drunk…
不肯和她离婚 而她必须赚钱生存
…and wouldn’t divorce her, and she had to earn a living…
而且她还有那些运动要考虑
…and she had the movement to think of.
那 你说的是你是世界上
So, what you’re saying is, you are descended…
最著名的两个激进女权者的后辈
…from two of the most famous radical feminists in the world…
而你是被修女养大的
…and yet you were raised by nuns?
– 对 – 我以为你只是个
– Yes. – I thought you were just a…
什么
What?
我不知道 不是那样
I don’t know, not that.
那你能留下吗
So will you stay?
– 呃 – 你能加入我们吗
– Hmm. – Will you join us?
– 好的 – 好 太棒了
– Yes. – Yes! Wonderful.
支配 诱导 臣服
Dominance, inducement, submission…
还有屈从
…and compliance.
所有人类的关系归根结底都可以
All human relationships break down into the interplay…
归入这些情感分类中
…between these categories of emotion.
一个人最开心的时候是
A person is most happy when
他们臣服于所爱的权威之时
they are submissive to a loving authority.
重要的是
It is essential that a
人是自愿臣服于权威的
person submits to an authority willingly…
是他们自身的想法
…that it is their idea.
当人们感到是被迫做自己不想做的
We get into trouble when people feel forced to do something…
就有麻烦了 那只不过是屈从
… they don’t want to do, and that is merely compliance.
屈从而非臣服的人
People who comply instead of submit…
是不幸而压抑的
…are unhappy and repressed…
这就导致憎恨的产生
…and this can lead to resentment.
这种情感到极点
Taken to its extremes…
就会导致犯罪 战争 法♥西♥斯♥主义
…it can lead to crime, war, fascism.
如何能避免屈从 看上去
How do you avoid compliance? It seems like…
– 它在多数情景下都是固有的 – 诱导
– …that is built into most situations. – Inducement.
诱导的是一种
Inducement is the act of
引诱某人采用你思考的角度
seducing somebody to your way of thinking…
如此完全地支配他们
…dominating them so completely…
你想要的就是他们想要的
…that what you want is what they want…
而他们迫切想要献给你
…and they love giving it to you…
那 女士们 就是通往人生 爱情 幸福
…and that, ladies, is the key to life, to love, to happiness…
还有和平的钥匙
…to peace.
女性比男性更擅长诱导

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!