-什么事u3000-是的u3000事实上
– Why – Yes, as a matter of fact.
我的妻子在睡觉
Wife’s taking a nap
但我可能会吵到她
And I never can keep quiet enough for her,
所以我来找你聊聊天
So I just thought I’d look you up and talk.
很好u3000你对房♥间还满意吗
Good. You satisfied with your cabin?
很好
Oh, it’s fine.
这么半天u3000都是我在讲话u3000对吧
I’ve been doing all the talking so far, haven’t I?
我原本认为总是独处的人
I thought it was the people who were alone most of the time
一旦有谈话的机会u3000会滔滔不绝
Who did all the talking when they got the chance.
而你却一言不发
Here you are doing all the listening.
你一个人住在这儿u3000对吧
You are alone here, aren’t you?
这会让我发疯的
Drive me crazy.
我觉得你的反应太极端了u3000对吧
I think that would be a rather extreme reaction, don’t you?
这只是种修辞手法
Just an expression.
我是说u3000无论如何我也会离开
What I meant was I’d do just about anything to get away.
-你不会吗u3000-不会
– Wouldn’t you? – No.
贝茨太太?
Mrs. Bates?
我不是说你住在这里不应该感到满足
I’m not saying you shouldn’t be contented here,
我只是不敢相信你会很满足
I’m just doubting that you are.
我觉得如果你有机会摆脱困境 你肯定会
I think if you saw a chance to get out from under, you.
把这旅店脱手
Do unload this place.
这里吗 这旅店是我的全部
This place? This place happens to be my only world.
我在这里长大 在这里度过了快乐的童年
I grew up in that house up there. I had a very happy childhood.
我和母亲生活的非常幸福
My mother and I were more than happy.
你害怕了 是我的话让你害怕了吗
You look frightened. Have I been saying something frightening?
我不知道你在说些什么
I don’t know what you.ve been saying.
我在说你母亲 还有你的汽车旅馆
I’ve been talking about your mother, about your motel.
你要如何处理它
How you gonna do it?
处理什么
Do what?
去个新地方再买♥♥一家吗 这样你就不必藏起你的母亲了
Buy a new one in a new town where you won’t have to hide your mother.
请你立刻开车离开这儿 好吗
Why don’t you just get in your car and drive away from here, okay?
你哪儿来的钱去做那些 贝茨
Where will you get the money to do that, Bates?
你是否已经把钱存起来了
Or do you already have it socked away?
闭嘴
Shut up!
很多钱 4万块钱
A lot of it. $40,000.
我打赌你妈妈知道钱在哪儿 也知道钱是怎么来的
I bet your mother knows where the money is and what you did to get it.
我想她会告诉我们的
I think she’ll tell us.
跟你一起来的女孩呢 她在哪儿
Where’s that girl you came here with? Where is she?
贝茨太太
Mrs. Bates…
我就是诺曼·贝茨
I’m Norman Bates!
如果谁能猜到答案 那他一定能当心理学家了
If anyone gets any answers it’ll be the psychiatrist.
就连我也搞不懂他 而且他还认识我
Even I couldn’t get to Norman and he knows me.
-你不冷吗 小姐 -不冷
– You warm enough, miss? – Yes.
他跟你谈过了吗
Did he talk to you?
没有
No.
我得知了一切 但不是从诺曼那里 是从他妈妈那儿
I got the whole story, but not from Norman. I got it from his mother.
诺曼·贝茨已经不存在了
Norman Bates no longer exists.
他本来还有一半尚存
He only half existed to begin with.
现在另一半完全占据了他
And now the other half has taken over,
或许一直如此
Probably for all time.
是他杀了我妹妹吗
Did he kill my sister?

Yes.
也不是
And no.
听着 如果你想为我们打精神病学的铺垫
Well, now look, if you’re trying to lay some psychiatric groundwork
这位伙计更愿意去抓…
For some sort of plea, this fellow would like to cop…
精神病学家不做任何铺垫
A psychiatrist doesn’t lay the groundwork.
他们仅仅想解释缘由
He merely tries to explain it.
-但我妹妹… -是啊
– But my sister is… – Yes.
是啊 我很遗憾
Yes, I’m sorry.
你的私♥家♥侦♥探♥也很遗憾
The private investigator, too.
如果你去调查汽车旅馆附近的沼泽 你就会…
If you drag that swamp somewhere in the vicinity of the motel, you’ll…
你是否有失踪人口案件仍然在册
Have you any unsolved missing persons cases on your books?
是的 有两个
Yes, two.
都是年轻女孩吗
Young girls?
他是不是已经承认…
Did he confess to…
-就像我说的 -那位母亲
– Like I said, – The mother.
现在 我从他母亲那儿得到信息的方式是这样的
Now, to understand it the way I understood it, hearing it from the mother,
说道诺曼人格中母亲的那部分
That is, from the mother half of Norman’s mind,
我们须从10年前谈起
You have to go back 10 years
那时 诺曼杀了他的母亲及她的情人
To the time when Norman murdered his mother and her lover.
自从他父亲去世后
Now, he was already dangerously disturbed,
他的精神就极度紊乱了
Had been ever since his father died.
他的母亲 是一位执着而且苛刻的女性
His mother was a clinging, demanding woman,
他们两个多年来就好像生活在
And for years the two of them lived
没有其他人的世界里
As if there was no one else in the world.
然后 她爱上了一个男人
Then she met a man,
对于诺曼 感觉就像她为了那个男人把自己抛弃了
And it seemed to Norman that she threw him over for this man.
这让他无法忍♥受 最终将二人全部杀死
Now, that pushed him over the line and he killed them both.
弑母大概是最无法令人忍♥受的犯罪了
Matricide is probably the most unbearable crime of all,
尤其是儿子亲手杀了母亲
Most unbearable to the son who commits it.
因此 他必须洗清罪恶 至少在他的思想中要这样
So he had to erase the crime, at least in his own mind.
他偷走了她的尸体
He stole her corpse.
棺材下葬时装的是其他重物
A weighted coffin was buried.
他把尸体藏在了果窖
He hid the body in the fruit cellar,
并十分妥善地保存着它
Even treated it to keep it as well as it would keep.
但这还不够
And that still wasn’t enough.
她人虽在那里 但却成了一具尸体
She was there, but she was a corpse.
所以他开始以母亲的方式思考 说话
So he began to think and speak for her,
可以说 他把自己的一半给了他母亲
Give her half his life, so to speak.
有时 他的两种人格同时存在 可以形成对话
At times he could be both personalities, carry on conversations.
而其他的时候 他母亲的人格完全占据了他
At other times, the mother half took over completely.
他再也不完全是诺曼了 大部分时间他是自己的母亲
He was never all Norman, but he was often only mother,
因为他是如此病态地妒忌着自己的母亲
And because he was so pathologically jealous of her,
所以他认为母亲也同样妒忌着他
He assumed that she was as jealous of him.
因此 如果他被其他女人深深吸引
Therefore, if he felt a strong attraction to any other woman,
他”母亲”的一面就会发狂
The mother side of him would go wild.
当他遇到你妹妹时
When he met your sister,
就被她深深触动 深深吸引
He was touched by her, aroused by her.
他想要她
He wanted her.
这激怒了他”母亲”的一面 然后他”母亲”杀了那姑娘
That set off the jealous mother, and mother killed the girl.
杀完人后 诺曼如梦方醒
After the murder, Norman returned as if from a deep sleep,
变回了那个忠诚的儿子 并掩盖掉一切罪行
And, like a dutiful son, covered up all traces of the crime
他确信杀人的是他母亲
He was convinced his mother had committed!
他为什么要穿成那样
Why was he dressed like that?
他是个异装癖
He’s a transvestite.
并不确切
Not exactly.
为了达到改变性别或者自我满足
A man who dresses in women’s clothing in order to achieve a sexual change
而穿上女人服饰的男人被称作异装癖
Or satisfaction is a transvestite.
但对于诺曼而言 他只是想竭尽全力去维持
But in Norman’s case, he was simply doing everything possible
自己母亲还活着的这一幻觉
To keep alive the illusion of his mother being alive.
而当现实逼近时
And when reality came too close,
当危险或者欲望要吞噬这个幻觉时
When danger or desire threatened that illusion,
他就会穿上女人服饰 甚至戴上假发
He’d dress up, even to a cheap wig he bought.
在屋子里徘徊 坐在母亲的椅子上 用母亲的腔调说话
He’d walk about the house, sit in her chair, speak in her voice.
他试着成为自己的母亲
He tried to be his mother.
现在 他做到了
And now he is.
这就是我说 是从他母亲那里得知一切的原因
That’s what I meant when I said I got the story from the mother.
当人们脑海中出现双重人格时
You see, when the mind houses two personalities,
就一定会有冲突 甚至战争
There’s always a conflict, a battle.
对于诺曼而言 战争已经结束
In Norman’s case, the battle is over,
较为强势的人格获胜
And the dominant personality has won.
那4万块钱呢 谁拿走了
And the $40,000? Who got that?
在沼泽里 这次犯罪源于人格分♥裂♥ 而非图财
The swamp. These were crimes of passion, not profit.
他觉得有点冷 我能把毯子给他吗
He feels a little chill. Can I bring him this blanket?
当然 可以
Oh, sure. All right.
谢谢
Thank you.
当一位母亲不得不谴责自己的儿子时
It’s sad when a mother has to speak the words
是多么悲哀啊
That condemn her own son,
但我不会让他们认为是我杀的人
But I couldn’t allow them to believe that I would commit murder,
他们会抛弃他的 就像我数年前应该做的那样
They’ll put him away now, as I should have years ago,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!