你是谁 朋友
Who are you, friend?
我叫阿伯盖斯特 朋友
My name is Arbogast, friend.
私♥家♥侦♥探♥
I’m a private investigator.
她在哪里 克兰小姐
Where is she, Miss Crane?
我不认识你
I don’t know you.
我知道你不认识我 因为如果你认识
Why, I know you don’t, because if you did,
我就无法跟踪你了
I wouldn’t be able to follow you.
你为什么要插手这事
What’s your interest in this?
4万块钱
Well, $40,000.
-4万块钱? -对
– $40,000? – That’s right.
你们最好告诉我发生了什么事 快点说
Well, one of you’d better tell me what’s going on, and tell me fast.
我实在无法忍♥受…
I can take just so much of this…
别激动 朋友
Now, take it easy, friend.
别激动 只是你的女朋友偷了4万块钱
Take it easy. It’s just that your girlfriend stole $40,000.
你在说什么 到底怎么回事
What are you talking about? What is this?
她星期五本来该去银行存钱 但她没有
She was supposed to bank it on Friday for her boss and she didn’t.
之后没有人再看到她
And no one has seen her since.
有人看到过她
Someone has seen her.
有人知道她有4万块钱
Someone always sees a girl with $40,000.
萨姆 他们不想控告 只希望把钱要回来
Sam, they don’t want to prosecute, they just want the money back.
萨姆 假如她在这里…
Sam, if she’s here…
她不在 她不在这里
She isn’t. She isn’t.
克兰小姐 可以问你个问题吗
Miss Crane, can I ask you a question?
你只是来这里而没有其他想法吗
Did you come up here on just a hunch and nothing more?
我根本没想到其他事 只是希望
Not even a hunch. Just hope.
等我们查证后 我就能相信你了
Well, with a little checking I could get to believe you.
我不在乎你是否相信我
I don’t care if you believe me or not.
我只想在曼璐越陷越深之前找到她
All I want to do is see Marion before she gets in this too deeply.
你有没有去凤♥凰♥城的医院找
Did you check in Phoenix? Hospitals?
她可能出了车祸 或被抢劫
Maybe she had an accident, or a holdup.
不 有人看到她驾车离开市区
No, she was seen leaving town in her own car,
补充一下 是她老板看到的
By her employer, I might add.
我不敢相信 你呢
I can’t believe it. Can you?
对于名声不好的人
Well, you know, we’re always quickest to doubt people
我们都持怀疑态度
Who have a reputation for being honest.
我想她在这里 克兰小姐
I think she’s here, Miss Crane.
她的这位男友…
Where there’s a boyfriend…
可能并没有在幕后操纵
Well, she’s not back there with the nuts and bolts,
但她一定在这里 在市区的某个地方
But she’s here, in this town somewhere.
我会找到她 我会见到你的
I’ll find her. I’ll be seeing you.
-晚上好 -晚上好
– Evening. – Evening.
我刚才差一点儿在那里转弯
I almost drove right past.
我忘了把灯箱打开 我们有空房♥
I’m always forgetting to turn the sign on, but we do have a vacancy.
总共12间 间间都空着呢 吃糖
Twelve, in fact. Twelve cabins, twelve vacancies. Candy?
不 谢谢
No, thanks.
这两天我已经看了很多旅馆 眼都花了
Last two days, I’ve been to so many motels my eyes are bleary with neon,
这里是第一个
But, you know, this is the first place that
远离尘世的地方
Looks like it’s hiding from the world.
说实话 我不是忘了把灯箱打开
Well, I’ll tell you the truth. I didn’t really forget to turn the sign on.
只是想让人以为这里很少人来
Just doesn’t seem like any use anymore, you know.
那里本来是主干道
See, that used to be the main highway right there.
进来登记吧
Well, wanna come in and register?
不 不 你坐下 我不想麻烦你
No, no, sit down. I don’t wanna trouble you.
只是想问你几个问题
I just wanna ask a few questions.
不 不麻烦 今天是换洗日
No, that’s no trouble. Today’s linen day.
我每周都把床铺清洗一下
I always change the beds here once a week
不管有没有人住
Whether they’ve been used or not.
你讨厌潮湿 对吧 那…
Hate the smell of dampness, don’t you? It’s such a…
我不知道 发臭了 进来吧
I don’t know, creepy smell. Come on.
你想买♥♥栋旅馆吗
You out to buy a motel?
不是
No.
你刚才说这两天
Reason I ask, you said you’d seen so many
看了很多家旅馆 我在想你可能…
In the past couple of days, I thought maybe you…
你…你要问什么
What… What was it you wanted to ask?
我在找一个失踪的人
Well, you see, I’m looking for a missing person.
我叫阿伯盖斯特 私♥家♥侦♥探♥
My name’s Arbogast. I’m a private investigator.
我一直在找一个女孩的下落
I’ve been trying to trace a girl
她在凤♥凰♥城失踪一个星期了
That’s been missing for, oh, about a week now from Phoenix.
是家庭纠纷 他们已经原谅她了
It’s a private matter. The family wants to forgive her.
她并没有任何麻烦
She’s not in any trouble.
我想警♥察♥不会找没有惹麻烦的人
I didn’t think the police went looking for people who aren’t in trouble.
-我不是警♥察♥ -对啊
– I’m not the police. – Oh, yeah.
我们确信她走的是这条路
We have reason to believe that she came along this way.
可能在这附近停留过 她来过这里吗
May have stopped in the area. Did she stop here?
我们这儿好几个礼拜没人来了
Well, no one’s stopped here for a couple of weeks.
你可不可以先看看照片再作证
Would you mind looking at the picture before committing yourself?
作证?
Commit myself?
你的口气真像警♥察♥
You sure talk like a policeman.
请认一下照片里的人
Look at the picture, please.
-确定吗 -确定
– Sure? – Yeah.
她可能用的是别名
Well, she may have used an alias.
曼璐·克兰才是她的真名
Marion Crane is her real name,
但她可能是用另一个名字登记的
But she could’ve registered under a different one.
老实讲 我甚至懒得再让客人登记
Well, I tell you, I don’t even much bother with guests registering anymore.
慢慢地就不再拘泥于形式
You know, one by one, you drop the formalities.
我甚至不该费时去换床单
I shouldn’t even bother changing the sheets,
然而积习难改
But old habits die hard.
这提醒了我…
Which reminds me…
那是什么
What’s that?
旅馆的标志灯箱
It’s the light. The sign.
上周有对夫妇说 如果那玩意儿没开着的话
We had a couple last week, said if the thing hadn’t been on,
他们会以为这是间无人居住的旧…
They would’ve thought this was an old, deserted…
我也这么认为
Well, you see, that’s exactly my point.
你说已经好几个礼拜没人来过这儿了
You said that nobody’d been here for a couple weeks,
还有对夫妇经过并不知道你在营业
And there’s a couple came by and didn’t know that you were open.

Yeah.
正如你所言 积习难改
Well, as you say, old habits die hard.
有可能这个女孩是用化名来登记的
It’s possible, this girl could’ve registered under another name.
介意我看一下登记簿吗
Do you mind if I look at your book?
-不介意 -谢谢
– No. – Thank you.
好的
All right.
从日期查起
I’ll get the date somewhere.
瞧见了吧 没有此人
See, there’s nobody.
我有她的笔迹样本 来对照一下
Let’s see now, I have a sample of her handwriting here.
找到了
Here we are.
玛丽·萨米尔 有趣的化名
Marie Samuels. That’s an interesting alias.
是她吗
Is that her?
是的 我想是的
Yeah. Yeah, I think so.
玛丽 曼璐
Marie, Marion.
萨米尔 她男朋友叫萨姆
Samuels. Her boyfriend’s name is Sam.
她是否有可能乔装打扮过?
Was she in disguise, by any chance?
要再确认一下照片吗
Wanna check the picture again?
听着 我并没有对你撒谎 先生…
Look, I wasn’t lying to you, Mr…
我知道 我知道你没撒谎
Oh, I know that. I know you wouldn’t lie.
时间久了记忆容易模糊
You know, it’s tough keeping track of the time around here.
明白…
Oh, I know, I know.
记起来了
Oh, yeah.
那天下着雨
Well, it was raining
她的头发都湿透了
And her hair was all wet.
说实话 照片跟她本人真是相差甚远
I tell you, it’s not really a very good picture of her either.
我想也是
No, I guess not.
跟我讲一下她吧
Tell me all about her.
那晚她来投宿已经相当晚了 所以直接就去睡了
She arrived rather late one night, and she went straight to sleep
第二天一早就退房♥了
And left early the next morning.
多早?
How early?
很早
Oh, very early.
哪天早上
Which morning was that?
第二天早上 是周日
The…The next morning. Sunday.
明白了
I see.
-有人跟她在这儿碰面吗 -没有
– Did anyone meet her here? – No.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!