我叫H·I·麦克唐纳
My name is H.I. McDunnough.
叫我嗨
Call me Hi.
我初次遇见艾德…
The first time I met Ed…
是在亚历桑那州的滕比市监狱
was in the county lockup in Tempe, Arizona.
别忘了拍侧面 艾德
Don’t forget his profile, Ed.
向右转
Turn to the right!
这一天我永远不会忘记
The day I’ll never forget.
向右转
Turn to the right!
艾德这名字怎么配得上象你这样的美女
What kind of name is Ed for a pretty thing like you?
是艾德温娜的简称 向右转
Short for Edwina. Turn to the right!
你是一朵花
You’re a flower, you are.
小小的沙漠之花
Just a little desert flower.
告诉我照片的效果怎么样
Let me know how those come out.
监狱生活非常有组织…
Prison life is very structured…
比大多数人了解的更夸张…
more than most people care for…
但是男人之间的友情有个特点…
but there’s a spirit of camaraderie between the men…
看起来似乎只有争斗…
like you find only in combat, maybe…
就象在一家职业球会打比赛
or on a pro ball club in the heat of the pennant drive.
有件事对我们有所帮助…
In an effort to better ourselves…
我们被迫听法律顾问讲课…
we were forced to meet with a counselor…
他努力帮助我们认识自己为何会这样那样
who tried to help us figure out why we were the way we were.
他所要的只是一个辊子和黄油
All he wanted was a hot roll and butter.
那么…
So…
为什么你们会用”捕获”这个词呢
why do you use the word “trapped”?
在一个男人的体内你们怎么会有那种感觉呢
Why do you say you feel trapped in a man’s body?
有时候我痛经痛得非常厉害
Well, sometimes I get the menstrual cramps real hard.
你有没有认识到什么 嗨
Have you learned anything, Hi?
是的 先生 肯定有
Yes, sir. You bet.
你不是唬弄我们对吧
You wouldn’t lie to us, would you?
不 夫人 当然不是
No, ma’am. Hope to say.
那就好
OK, then.
我试过要重新做人…
I tried to stand up and fly straight…
但是在里根政♥府♥管理下这不太容易
but it wasn’t easy with Reagan in the White House.
我不知道
I don’t know.
他们说他是个好样的 看来…
They say he’s a decent man, so…
也许他的顾问们被搞糊涂了
maybe his advisers are confused.
向右转
Turn to the right.
怎么了 艾德
What’s the matter, Ed?
我的未婚夫离开了我
My “fy-ance” left me.
她说她的未婚夫走了…
She said her fiance had run off…
和一个美容学徒一起…
with a student cosmetologist…
谁知道她是怎么勾引他的
who knew how to ply her feminine wiles.
真是个婊♥子♥
The sumbitch.
别忘了记下他的电♥话♥ 艾德
Don’t forget his phone call, Ed.
告诉他我觉得他是个该死的白♥痴♥ 艾德
Tell him I think he’s a damn fool, Ed.
告诉他这话是谁说的…
You tell him I said so…
H·I·麦克唐纳
H.I. McDunnough.
如果他想讨论这一点 他知道上哪找我…
If he wants to discuss it, he knows where to find me…
马利柯帕郡最大的安全机构…
in the Maricopa County Maximum Security…
男子劳♥改♥所…
Correctional Facility For Men…
州农场公路三十一号♥ 滕比市 亚历桑那州
State Farm Road Number Thirty-one, Tempe, Arizona!
我会等着他
I’ll be waitin’!
我会等着
I’ll be waitin’.
我不能说很高兴回到里面…
I can’t say I was happy to be back inside…
但是所有那些熟悉的场景 声音还有面孔…
but the flood of familiar sights, sounds, and faces…
几乎给人一种回家的感觉
almost made it feel like a homecoming.
大多数男人在你们的年纪已经结婚成家
Most men your age are getting married and raising a family.
实际上…
Well, factually…
他们不会认为监狱能代替家庭
They wouldn’t accept prison as a substitute.
对此你们有什么看法
Would any of you men care to comment?
有时你得先立业再成家
sometimes your career has got to come before family.
工作能使我们保持快乐
Work’s what’s kept us happy.
我试过照施瓦兹博士说的那样去做…
I tried to sort through what Doc Schwartz had said…
但监狱并不是想象中那么轻松的地方
but prison ain’t the easiest place to think.
没有鲜肉的时候我们吃禽肉
When there was no meat, we ate fowl.
没有禽肉的时候我们吃龙虾
When there was no fowl, we ate crawdad.
等到发现没有龙虾了我们就吃沙子
When there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand.
-吃什么 -吃沙子
-You ate what? -We ate sand.
-吃沙子 -没错
-You ate sand? -That’s right.
嗨 你服刑二十个月了…
Well, Hi, you done served your twenty months…
鉴于你从未使用过装着子弹的武器…
and seeing as how you never use live ammo…
除了将你释放我们别无选择
we got no choice but to return you to society.
社会的大门是大开着的
These doors gonna swing wide.
我不想伤害任何人
I didn’t want to hurt anyone, sir.
我们尊重这一点
Hi, we respect that.
但你在伤害你自己…
But you’re just hurting yourself…
用这种粗暴的做法
with this rambunctious behavior.
我明白 先生
I know that, sir.
那就好
OK, then.
不知道你如何通过…
I don’t know how you come down…
这些法律程序…
on the incarceration question…
不管是为了改造还是报复…
whether it’s for rehabilitation or revenge…
但是我已经开始认为…
but I was beginning to think…
报复是唯一的目的
revenge is the only argument makes any sense.
把纹身亮出来
Show the tattoo!
向右转
Turn to the right!
别忘了他的指纹 艾德
Don’t forget his fingers, Ed.
听说了警车…
Hear about the paddy wagon…
和水泥搅拌机相撞吗 艾德
that collided with the cement mixer, Ed?
有十二名惯犯逃跑
Twelve hardened criminals escaped.
哈哈 我听说过这事
Ha ha! I heard that one.
找到新情郎了吗
Got a new beau?
没有 嗨 我相信没有
No, Hi. I sure don’t.
别担心 是我买♥♥的
Don’t worry. I paid for it.
他们说渴望能滋长心中的柔情
They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder.
只有这一次他们也许是对的
And for once, they may be right.
那里还没弄干净
You missed a spot.
我越来越多地想到艾德…
More and more, my thoughts turned to Ed…
我终于感觉到坐牢的痛苦
and I finally felt the pain of imprisonment.
妈妈会把那些活龙虾…
Mama would throw the live crawdad…
扔进沸腾的锅里
in a pan of boiling water.
有一天 我决定自己做小龙虾
One day, I decided to make my own crawdad…
我把它扔到没放水的锅里 你明白吗
and I threw it in a pot without the water, you see?
那就象做爆米花
And it was just like making popcorn.
是的 监狱是个孤独的地方…
Yeah, the joint is a lonely place…
等到熄灯之后…
after lockup and lights out…
当最后还醒着的囚犯…
when the last of the cons…
也被瞌睡虫一扫而光的时候
has been swept away by the sandman.
但是我忍♥不住会想到…
But I couldn’t help thinking…
预先安排美好的未来…
that a brighter future lay ahead…
未来离我只有八到十四个月
a future that was only eight to fourteen months away.
有个名字用来称呼你这类人的 嗨
They got a name for people like you, Hi.
用来称呼那些反复违法的人
That name is called recidivism.
惯犯
Repeat offender.
不是什么好名字对吗 嗨
Not a pretty name, is it, Hi?
不是 先生 那是个笨蛋的名字…
No, sir. That’s one bonehead name…
但我再也不会了
but that ain’t me anymore.
你不是在说我们想听的话吧
You’re not just telling us what we want to hear?
不是 先生 不是
No, sir. No way.
因为我们只想听真话
‘Cause we just want to hear the truth.
那么我想我就是在说你们爱听的话
Then I guess I am telling you what you want to hear.
我们没告诉过你别那样做吗
Didn’t we just tell you not to do that?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
那就好
OK, then.
向右转
Turn to the right!
我是用我的膝盖走进来的 艾德…
I’m walking in here on my knees, Ed…
作为一个自♥由♥人向你求婚
a free man proposing.
你好 克特
Howdy, Kurt.
真的就是这样
And so it was.
别忘了花束 艾德
Don’t forget the bouquet, Ed.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章独家新闻
下一篇文章孤独的幸存者
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!