到1941年 中日在未宣战的状态下已进行了四年战争
日军已占领许多乡村和城镇
在上海 数以千计的西方人 在国际租界的外交保护之下
继续居留 并保有自十九世纪 英国人进驻以来的生活形态
盖银行 旅馆 办公室 教堂
以及利物浦或萨里搬来的家
但他们时日不多了
日军已在上海外做好攻势
等待珍珠港事变的来临
太阳帝国
Jamie!
杰米
Jamie, off the grass!
杰米 离开草地
Off the grass!
离开草地
ice plane finish!
我的飞机
– Which side will win the war, Father? – Ours, of course.
-爸 哪一边会打赢战争? -当然是我们这边了
– Oh, that war. – Well, China isn’t our war.
-不 是另一场战争 -中日之战又不是我们的战争
We’re awfully lucky. Are we?
我们真幸运 不是吗?
– Living here, having everything. – naughty!
-住在这里 什么也不缺 -真调皮
The harder I work, the luckier we get.
有意思的是 我愈努力工作 就愈好运
I only meant lucky.
我是说幸运
Luckier than him.
比他幸运
We’re luckier than most.
是的 我们比大多数人幸运
He’s luckier than some.
而他又比一些人来得幸运
Out of the way. Chip across the water.
别挡到我 我要把球打过水塘
The Japanese will win. They’ve got better planes and braver pilots.
日本人会赢 他们的飞机和飞行员比中国好
I may join the Japanese Air Force.
我正考虑加入日本皇家空军
For heaven’s sake!
别胡说了 杰米
Father, look! Zero Sen! It’s my plane! Zero Sen!
爸 你看! 零式战斗机 我最崇拜的零式战斗机
Mama, I’ll have…
奶妈 我要吃些
the buttered biscuits.
奶油饼干
Mrs. Graham, she…
格兰太太不喜欢
not want you eat before bed.
你睡觉前吃东西
You have to do what I say.
你得听我的吩咐
Backed by reinforcements into Malaya…
援军进入马来半岛
certain to influence Japan against further military action.
一般认为将影响日本考虑 进一步军事行动
As Far East tensions grow, British nationals evacuate…
随着远东地区紧张情势高升 英国已渐渐
for Australia and India.
撤退至澳洲及印度
A steamer left Shanghai yesterday with 450 British on board…
安努号♥汽船昨天从上海 搭载450名英国人
to Hong Kong.
开往香港
A third of occupied China’s British community…
占领中国三分之一的英国人
estimated at 15,000, has left in recent weeks.
估计有一万五千人 已在近几星期离开
Little hope ofprogress remains…
如今所剩的一点希望
between Roosevelt and the Japanese ambassador.
是罗斯福总统和日本大使 目前在华府的协议
Singapore revealed that Japanese forces in Indochina…
新加坡消息 日军在印度支那
have reached the strength of perhaps 50,000.
兵力已增加到五万人
Hello…

Ace.
空军英雄
– I was dreaming about God. – What did he say?
-我刚刚梦到上帝 -他说了些什么?
Nothing. He was playing tennis.
什么也没说 他在打网球
Perhaps that’s where God is all the time.
或许上帝一直都住在梦里
It’s why you can’t see him.
所以人醒着时看不到他
I don’t know about God.
我不知道 我不了解上帝
Good night, Jamie.
晚安 杰米
Perhaps he’s our dream…
或许他是我们的梦
and we’re his.
而我们是他的梦
Go to sleep. It’s the Lockwoods’ party tomorrow;
睡吧 明天拉克伍家有派对
Can I take my glider?
我可以带滑翔机去吗?
Dream of flying.
你可以梦到飞行
Mother…

if God is above us, does it mean up, like flying?
上帝如果在我们之上 意思是不是他飞在天上?
Good night.
晚安
– Mistress, very beautiful. – Thank you, mama. Off we go.
-夫人很漂亮 -谢谢 奶妈 走吧
Jamie, behave yourself.
吉米 别撞到我们
Thank you, Yang.
谢谢你 杨
Right, squeeze up.
坐过来点
Mind the plane. Prop it against the seat.
小心飞机 把它放在椅子上
Right, Yang.
走吧 杨 再见
Settle down, Sinbad!
坐好 辛巴达
Take the Wang Pu Road. Let’s avoid the crowds.
杨 走环浦路 避开人潮
– See you back on board. – See you, Charlie.
-回头船上见 -好 待会见 查理
Green apples! Green apples!
青苹果唷!
No mama. No papa. No whiskey soda.
没爸爸 没妈妈 没有威士忌
Slow down. Checkpoint coming up.
开慢点 前面就是检查站了
God rest ye merry, gentlemen
上帝让你快乐 先生们
Hello, darling. Lovely to see you.
亲爱的 见到你太好了
– Big kisses. – There he is.
-亲一下 -他在那
Leave Shanghai while you can.
趁还来得及快离开上海
Well they leave us alone so far.
日本到目前为止没骚扰我们
Lockwood’s invited a Chink.
拉克伍请了个中国奴来
Sorry, but don’t mind him.
对不起 别把他当回事
– English humor? – Scottish whiskey.
-英国式幽默? -威士忌喝多了
So, Mr. Chen. you think our days numbered?
陈先生 你认为 我们日子不多了吗?
All our days are numbered. Ours higher than yours.
所有人都一样 但比人数 中国人能多活点
You’ve been in Shanghai 100 years. It’s only an incident.
你们到上海一百多年了 那只是个偶发事件
The Japanese, four years. Nothing.
小日本只来了四年 算不了什么
Long enough to spoil your harvest and steal what’s left of it.
但也足以毁坏你们的收成 夺取剩余的一切
A million Chinese peasants are trying to enter Shanghai.
上百万中国农民拼命挤进上海
Just living on our rubbish.
靠我们的剩菜剩饭维生
The Japanese will get hungry too. We got more of us.
日本人也会挨饿 但我们人数较多
We have the guns, the planes, and 500 million fighting back.
我们有枪炮飞机 和五亿同胞抵抗
We’ll still be here after this war and next to that.
在这场战争之后依然会屹立
I hope we’ll be here too.
希望大家到时都在
Always delighted to return hospitality.
我乐意回报盛情款待 拉克伍先生
– Very good. Utterly convincing. – Thank you.
-太精采了 非常有说服力 -谢谢
Zero?
零式战斗机?
Akajima. Two machine guns.
纳克吉马式 机上有两管机♥枪♥
I rely on you for keeping up- to- date on the war.
得靠你获得最新战争知识 杰米
Especially military aviation.
特别是飞机这方面
– I hear you resigned from the Scouts. – I’m now an atheist.
-听说你退出童子军了? -我成为无神论者了
– Where are you going? – To see something!
-你上哪儿去 -去看一个东西
Your boy tells me he’s an atheist.
你儿子告诉我 他是无神论者
Always thought he was.
我想他一直都是
– Chow time. – Thank you.
-吃点心 -谢谢
Enemy aircraft sighted!
瞄准敌方飞机
He’s on my tail! On my tail!
它跟上我了
Stand still, John.
别动 约翰
Don’t run.
别跑 约翰
Come on, Jamie. You’re missing the party.
来吧 杰米 你错过派对了
– I left my plane. – Never mind.
-我的飞机掉在那里 -别管了 谁捡到就是他的
– Don’t look back. – Thanks.
-别回头看 杰米 -谢谢 麦斯
– They’re waiting for something to happen. – Yes.
-他们好像在等什么事发生 -没错
– They didn’t look angry. – It’s not anger. It’s patience.
-但他们又不象生气 -不是生气 是耐性
Is it time to close ranks?
该团结了 麦斯 你说呢?
I get Mary and the boy out.
我要把玛莉和孩子送走
Somewhere safe. Singapore?
到安全的地方 新加坡
We’re moving into the hotel.
我们搬进旅馆住几天
Why?
为什么
To see how things are going.
看看事情发展到什么地步
I don’t want you two alone in the house.
我不想把你和杰米独自留在家里
I didn’t mean it. It was a joke.
我不是故意的 只是开玩笑
Keep away from the window.
离窗子远一点
Get dressed. You do what your Mother tells you.
把衣服穿好 然后照你♥妈♥的♥话去做
We’re leaving in 3 minutes.
我们三分钟后就离开
I am dressed, Father.
我已经穿好衣服了
– Am I going to school? – There’s no school today.
-我今天要上学去吗 -不 杰米 今天不必上学
We’ll see if Yang can take us home.
看看杨能不能送我们回去
Never mind the suitcase. Come on!
别管那些行李了
– Taxi! Over here! Taxi! – Excuse me!
-出租车! 这边! -让一让
Good heavens, it’s ridiculous!
天哪 太荒唐了
– Keep holding my hand! – Stop shoving me! Stop!
-抓住我的手 -别推我 别推
– Excuse me! Excuse me! – Yang!
-让一让 让让 -杨
Yang, get us to the waterfront.
杨 载我们到港口
Jamie, for God’s sake, sit down!
杰米 别闹了 坐好
Jamie, get out of the car. Quickly!
杰米 快下车 快!
– What will we do? – We have to get out of here.
-我们该怎么办? -我们得尽快离开此地

1
2
3
4
5
6
前一篇文章天鹅绒金矿
下一篇文章泰格 Tig
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!