and you’re a great travel companion, sensitive, compassionate.
又是旅途良伴 而且细心 富同情心
Charlie, are you fucking with me?
查理 你在逗我是吧
Yes.
是的
Yeah? Hey, Manny.
喂 曼尼
My God. We missed our plane.
我们错过班机了
Your plane, Charlie. My ticket was one way.
你的班机 查理 我的机票是单程
New England Thruway all the way, Colonel? All the way, Rinaldo.
走新英格兰大道吗 中校? 一路到底
I’m getting that heavy feeling again, Charlie.
我的预感又来了 查理
I think you were right about George and his father.
我想你对乔治父子的看法很对
Uh, I’m sorry to hear that. When we get back,
真遗憾 回去以后
Mr. Trask is bringing us up in front of the whole school.
特拉斯克会叫我们在全校同学面前出列
Putting your feet to the fire, huh?
抓你的脚到火堆前?
Special meeting of the Disciplinary Committee.
生活委员会召开的特别会议
And what are you gonna tell them?
你要怎么说?
I don’t know. I’ll think of something.
我不知道 我会找些话题
Oh, Charlie, why are you all alone in this thing?
查理 你怎么会落单呢
Hmm? Where’s your father?
你爸爸在哪里?
He left.
走了
I thought it was a mom and pop store. Who’s the “pop”?
我以为你家的店是父母开的 谁是爸爸?
It’s my stepfather. Oh, yeah.
我继父 原来这样
But why isn’t he in on this?
他怎么不管这事
Something wrong with him?
他有毛病?
No, he’s okay. We just, uh,
没有 他没问题
We don’t get along very well. Why not?
我们只是处不来而已 为什么
‘Cause he’s an asshole.
因为他是混球
Well, that’s all right, Charlie.
倒也无妨 查理
Every family’s got one nowadays.
每家都有一个
That’s it? That’s it.
就这些? 就这些
Take care of yourself, kid. All right, Manny. Thanks.
保重 孩子 好的 曼尼 谢了
No, I’m not open.
不 我不开窗
I hate good byes.
我痛恨道别
So, uh, you’ll be all right, huh?
那么 你不会有事吧
I’ll be fine.
不会
All right.
那好
What’s that?
什么玩意
Uh, that’s first bell.
预备铃
Just got time to get cleaned up.
刚好够我梳洗
Oh. I almost forgot.
我差点忘了
I owe you some money.
我还欠你钱
Three hundred dollars, hmm? Job well done.
三百块 顺利完工
You ever need any references, Charlie,
需要推荐信的话
I’m your man. Thanks, Colonel.
来找我 谢谢 中校
Uh, it’s 16 Water Street. Just over the bridge. We’ll find it.
华特街十六号 过桥就到 我知道路
Good bye, Charlie.
再会 查理
Good bye, Colonel.
再见 中校
Come here, son.
过来 查理
Okay, Manny.
好了 曼尼
George. George!
乔治 乔治!
I called an open meeting of this institution this morning
我召开这次会议
because the incident that occurred this Tuesday last
是因为上周二发生的事件
describes an issue that concerns all of us.
关系到我们全体
Not an isolated case of vandalism, what happened
那不是单纯的涂鸭 而是
is a symptom of the sickness of a society,
我们社会的病态表征
a sickness which runs counter to the principles…
并与博德的立校精神
this school was founded on,
严重冲突
a school, among whose graduates two have sat behind the desk in the Oval Office,
本校的毕业生中 两个曾在白宫的
in the White House.
总统办公室工作
Baird men have run state departments and investment houses,
博德的人掌管州政府投资局
founded department stores and coached football teams.
兴建百货商场 执教足球队
Our alumni receive their bulletins in ashrams in India
我们的校友在印度僧舍
and in palaces in Jordan.
及约旦皇宫中都有
We are, in fact, known around the world
实际上 我们在全世界被视为
as the cradle of this country’s leadership.
国家领袖的摇篮
What are you doing here?
你怎么会在这里?
Got room for me up there, Charlie? But today,
台上有没有位子 查理? 但是今天
We are bleeding from disrespect, Yeah, I guess so.
我们因受辱而蒙羞 应该有
Give us a hand. disrespect for our values…
帮我一把 不尊重本校价值观
and a disrespect for our standards,
也不尊重我们的标准
a disrespect for the Baird tradition.
更不尊重博德传统
And, as the custodians of that tradition,
为了护卫该传统
we are here today to protect each other
今天我们齐聚一堂
from those who threaten it.
保卫它不受摧残
Who is this, Mr. Simms?
这是哪位 西门先生?
This is Mr. Frank Slade, Lieutenant Colonel, United States Army, retired.
我是弗兰克·史雷得 美国陆军退役中校
I’m here in place of Charlie’s parents.
我代表查理父母出席
Excuse me? In loco parentis.
抱歉 代替他父母
They could not make the trip from Oregon today.
他们不能从奥勒冈赶来
And what is your relationship to Mr. Simms?
您和西门先生是什么关系?
Is this a courtroom?
这是法庭吗?
Closest thing we could manage to it. Then if we’re taking oaths,
是最接近法庭的安排 如果要发誓
there’s a few people I’d like to swear in.
我倒想和几个人一起
There are no oaths at Baird. We are all on our honor.
在博德是不发誓的 我们自律
Larry and Franny Simms
拉瑞和芬妮
are very dear, close friends of mine. Okay?
是我很好的朋友 可以吗?
Happy to have you with us, Colonel.
欢迎光临 中校
Mr. Willis.
威利斯先生
Which Mr. Willis? George, Junior, sir.
哪一位 乔治二世 先生
You were in a position last Tuesday night
上周二你有幸
to see who committed this act of vandalism. Who was it?
目睹了涂鸭事件的经过 是谁做的?
Well, uh, I have an idea who it was.
我不晓得是谁
No, no, not an idea, Mr. Willis. Did you see or did you not see?
不晓得 你看还是没看到?
Well, I didn’t have my contacts in.
我没戴隐形眼镜
Come on. I was in the library. I’d taken my glasses off,
在图书馆的时候脱下的
and I was gonna put my contacts back in.
本来要再戴回去
Then I helped Simms close up,
然后我帮西门锁门
and the next thing I know, we’re outside,
之后 我们已经在外面了
and I hear this sound, and I, um,
我听到声音
didn’t have any time to put my contacts in.
但是没时间戴隐形眼镜
Whom, with your limited vision, did you see?
在你有限的视力下你看到谁
Like I say, it was blurry.
我讲过了 看不清楚
I can’t see without my contacts.
没戴眼镜我看不到
What did you see, Mr. Willis?
你看到谁 威利斯先生?
What, you mean definitively? Stop fencing with me, Mr. Willis!
你是说 确定地? 不要搪塞我 威利斯先生
Tell me what you saw!
讲清楚你看到了什么
Now, don’t hold me to this, but
不要全信我的话 不过
no contacts, it’s dark
没眼镜 天又黑
and everything, I mean
等等 可能是
Mr. Willis!
威利斯先生!
Maybe Harry Havemeyer, Trent Potter and Jimmy Jameson.
可能是哈瑞·海夫梅尔 特伦特·波特和吉米·詹姆森
Maybe? Ballpark, best guess.
可能? 猜测而已 我尽力了
Could you provide us with some detail?
能提供一点细节吗?
I mean, why don’t you ask Charlie?
为什么不问查理?
I really think he was closer.
我觉得他站的更近
Mr. Simms. Yes.
西门先生 是
You don’t wear contact lenses, do you?
你戴隐形眼镜吗?
No, sir.
没有 先生
With your untrammeled sight, whom did you see?
在你无碍的视野内 你看到谁了?
Well, I saw, I saw something,
我是看到一些人
but I couldn’t say who.
但不能讲出是谁
All right. What was the something you saw?
那好吧 你看到的是什么?
I couldn’t say. You couldn’t say or you wouldn’t say?
我说不出来 是说不出来还是不想说?
Well, I just, I just couldn’t say. Couldn’t, wouldn’t, shouldn’t.
不 我只是 只是说不出来 不能 不想 不该
You’re exhausting my patience
你在磨我的耐性
and making a mockery of these proceedings.
和愚弄大家
I will give you one last chance.
最后一次机会
The consequences of your response will be dire.
否则后果堪忧
By dire I mean your future will be jeopardized permanently.
堪忧 西门先生 你的未来将受永久伤害
Now for the last time,
现在 最后一次问
what did you see last Tuesday night outside my office?
上周二晚上 你看到谁在停车场
I saw somebody.
我看到某些人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!