但等我仔细看的时候 人都跑了
Mr. Simms?
西门先生呢?
I couldn’t say.
我不确定
That automobile is not just a possession of mine.
那车不是我的财产
That automobile was presented to me by the Board of Trustees.
那是董事会交托给我的
It is a symbol of the standard of excellence for which this school is known,
它代表着本校著名的卓越成就
and I will not have it tarnished.
我绝不让它蒙羞
The automobile?
那车吗?
The standard, Mr. Willis.
我说的是标准 威利斯
What’s your position, Mr. Simms? On what, sir?
你怎么说 西门先生? 关于哪方面 先生?
On preserving the reputation of Baird.
关于维护博德的名声
I…I’m for Baird. Then, who did it?
我支持博德 那么是谁干的?
I really couldn’t say for sure.
我真不确定
Very well.
很好
First thing Monday, I’m convening a special session
这周一我要召开一个关于
of the student faculty disciplinary committee.
学生和教职员纪律的委员会
As this is a matter which concerns the whole school,
因为此事件关乎全校
the entire student body will be present.
全体学生都要出席
There will be no classes, no activities.
当天不上课 不举行活动
Nothing will transpire at this institution
一切取消
until that proceeding is concluded.
直到委员会得出结论
And if, at that time, we are no further along than we are now,
如果届时没有任何进展
I will expel you both.
我将开除两位
Mr. Willis, would you excuse us?
威利斯先生 你可以先离开吗?
Have a nice Thanksgiving.
感恩节快乐
Thank you. You too, Mr. Willis.
你也一样 威利斯先生
I will.
我会的
Mr. Simms.
西门先生
I’m not quite through with you yet.
我的话还没问完
One of the few perks of this office is that…
我这个职位的有个好处就是
I am empowered to handle certain matters on my own as I see fit.
有权决定一些校务
Do you understand?
明白吗?
Yes, sir. Good.
明白 先生 很好
The Dean of Admissions at Harvard and I have an arrangement.
我和哈佛大学正在谈合作
Along with the usual sheaf of applicants submitted by Baird,
一般的博德申请生
of which virtually,
实际上
oh, two thirds are guaranteed admittance,
会有三分之二被录取
I add one name,
除此之外我还能再加一名
somebody who’s a standout and yet, underprivileged;
一名优秀但贫困的学生
a student who cannot afford to pay the board and tuition in Cambridge.
一名付不起剑桥宿费和学费的学生
Do you know on whose behalf I drafted a memo this year?
你知道今年提名的是谁吗?
No, sir. You. You, Mr. Simms.
不知道 你 是你 西门先生
Now can you tell me who did it?
现在你总该告诉我是谁干的吧?
No, sir, I can’t.
不 先生 我不能
You take the weekend to think about it, Mr. Simms.
给你周末的时间想清楚再说
Good afternoon.
再会
What’d he say?
他说了什么?
Nothing. What do you mean, nothing?
没什么 什么叫没什么?
He said the same thing he said to both of us. He just said it over.
重讲一遍对我们讲的话
You know what he’s doing?
你知道他在干什么吗?
He’s good cop, bad copping us.
他在搞分化啊
He knows I’m old guard. You’re fringe.
他知道我是保守的 你是非主流
He’s gonna bear down on me and soft soap you.
他要打压我再哄骗你
Did he try to soft soap you? Did he?
他有没有哄你? 有没有?
No.
没有
Chas, I detect a slight panic pulse from you. Are you panicking?
查理 我发现你吓坏了 你很害怕吗?
Yeah, a little. Come on.
有一点点 别慌
You’re on scholarship, right? Yeah.
你拿奖学金的对吧? 对啊
You’re on scholarship from Oregon at Baird.
你拿奖学金从奥勒冈来博德
You’re a long way from home, Chas.
离家相当远 查理
What’s that got to do with anything?
什么意思?
I don’t know how it works out there.
我不知道你们那儿的习惯
But how it works here? We stick together.
但在这儿 我们很团结
It’s us against them, no matter what.
我们反对他们 绝不变卦
We don’t cover our ass. We don’t tell our parents.
既不出卖朋友 也不告诉父母
Stonewall everybody!
个个守口如瓶
And above all, never, never
最重要的是 绝不 绝不
Leave any of us twisting in the wind.
抛下任何一个哥儿们
And that’s it.
就是这样
What does that have to do with me being on scholarship?
这些和我拿奖学金有关系吗?
I’m just trying to bring you up to speed, kid, that’s it.
我只是把情况分析给你听
Thanks.
谢了
I’ll tell you what. Give me a few hours to figure out the moves,
这样吧 给我几小时想对策
and call me tonight in Vermont.
然后打电话到维州找我
I’ll be at the Sugarbush lodge, all right?
我都在甘蔗丛别墅 好吗?
All right.
好吧
You all right?
你还好吧?
Yeah, I guess so.
我想是的
Okay.

Try to keep him down to four drinks a day.
别让他每天喝超过四杯
If you can keep him down to forty, you’re doing good.
别让他超过四十杯就不错了
Try to water them down a little. Do you know how to do that?
试着在酒里掺水 你知道怎么掺水吧?
It’s a long ride, honey! Get the bags in the car. I’ll be right out.
该走了 亲爱的 先搬行李 我马上来
Mommy, Mommy! Don’t forget Uncle Frank’s walk.
妈咪 别忘了舅公要散步
Oh, ha… Yeah.
是的
Uh, you have to air him out a little every day.
你每天要带他出去透透气
Why don’t you go on back there get yourself oriented?
你要不要先回他那儿?
I’ll come out in a minute, give you telephone numbers and stuff.
我马上过来 给你些电话号码等等
Well, I wouldn’t try a thing like that
我绝不会贸然动作的
unless I knew, would I?
除非我知道 不是吗?
Just let me speak to her.
就我来跟她说吧
Hello, beautiful. Is that you?
你好 美人 是你吗?
Yeah, we spoke yesterday.
昨天我们讲过话
You have a glass of wine with lunch?
午饭喝酒了吗?
You sound a little dusky. Hmm.
声音有点忧郁
Just a minute, sweetheart.
等一下 甜心
You’re back, huh?
你回来了?
Tenacious!
死硬派
Get out my dress blues. They’re in a garment bag in the closet.
取我的蓝制服 在橱子里的西装夹里
Check the top dresser drawer. Take out the shoulder boards
在梳妆台上 拿出肩章
and affix them shoulders right and left,
扣上去
A.S.A.P. That means now.
尽快 立刻!
Hello. Sorry to keep you waiting, sweetheart.
抱歉让你久等了 亲爱的
I’m not the kind of guy who likes to rush things,
我不喜欢催人
but I’m catching a 4:00 at Logan, looking out my window,
但是我要坐四点的飞机 现在窗外
and there’s not a taxi in sight.
连部出租车也没看到
What happened to Chet?
查特呢?
He didn’t invest in a radio yet?
还没有投资买无线电吗?
Hah! Well, get your driver on it.
那叫司机来听吧
Tell him to get a move on.
叫他快点
Some kind of body has got to go with that bedroom voice.
这等卧室嗓音配的身材一定好
One day I’m gonna swing by, get a better look at it.
哪天要去好好瞧瞧
You bet.
一定
Bye.
再见
My val pak’s underneath the bed. Get it out.
提袋在床底下 拿出来
Put the boards on the blues and fold them in.
把制服放进去
Uh, are we going someplace, Colonel?
我们要去哪儿吗 中校?
What business is that of yours? Don’t shrug, imbecile.
关你什么事? 别耸肩 小子
I’m blind. Save your body language for the bimbi.
我看不见 身体语言留给小妞们吧
Now, get my gear out.
快去整理我的行李
Francine, get in the car.
弗朗辛 上车了
It’s almost 3:00. The goddamn Flintstones haven’t left yet.
快三点了 原始人还没出洞呢
Willie Rossi must go in the car!
威利·罗斯必须上车咯
Here comes Mrs. Rossi now. Damn it!
罗丝太太来了 妈的!
She said good bye to me three times today.
今天她已经来道别三次了
What’s she got, separation anxiety?
怎么搞的 她有分离焦虑?
Cut her off at the door!
别让她进门!
Hi, honey. Bye, honey.
亲爱的 再见 亲爱的
I wish you were coming with us.
真希望你一起去
Me too.
我也希望
Maybe next time.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!