安妮你不应该 把东西放在耳朵后面的
Ann, I don’t think you ought to put things behind your ears.
– 会进耳朵里面的 – 艾玛安妮说我们有电报
– Something might get into your ear. – Emmy, Ann says we have a telegram.
我想你应该去查清楚 可能有人病了
I think you ought to find out about it. Somebody might be sick or something.
– 汉德森太太没有读出来… 因为我找不到铅笔
Mrs Henderson didn’t read the telegram because I couldn’t find a pencil.
等我有了屋子之后 我会在周围放满铅笔
When I have a house, it’s going to be full of well-sharpened pencils.
– 汉德森太太有说是哪里来的电报吗? – 没有
– Did Mrs Henderson say who it’s from? – No, she didn’t.
她应该说电报从哪里来的
She might have said who it was from.
– 安妮那是我的椅子啊 – 我会问清楚的
Come on, Ann. That’s my chair. I’ll call up and find out.
你们静一会好吗
If you will be quiet just a second.
你好请接181好吗?
Hello. 181, please. I wonder who it can be?
没什么就是181
Oh, nothing, Operator. Just 181.
– 如果是我姐姐的… – 喂?
– If that’s from my sister – – Hello?
汉德森太太吗? 我是艾玛
Mrs Henderson? This is Emma Newton.
安妮说我有一封电报
Ann says you have a telegram for me.
妈妈你不用那么大声的
– Mama, you don’t have to shout. – Ssh.
爸爸妈妈 好像没用过电♥话♥一样
Really, Papa. You’d think Mama had never seen a phone.
她这样很不科学
She makes no allowance for science.
认为用声音 就可以压倒听众
She thinks she has to cover the distance by sheer lungpower.
真好啊是周四吗?
Why, how wonderful. Thursday, you say?
似乎有人就要来了
Looks like somebody’s coming.
– 谁要来啊妈妈? – 那真是最大的惊喜啊
– Who’s coming, Ma? – Well, it’s the most wonderful surprise.
是我的弟弟就是他
It’s my brother, you know. My younger brother. The baby.
是啊他被宠坏了家里 最小的一个总会被宠坏的
Yes, of course, a little spoiled. Families always spoil the youngest.
这真是太好了
Well, it’s just simply wonderful.
谢谢你汉德森太太
Thanks most awfully, Mrs Henderson.
好了
Well…
你猜是谁? 查理就要来了
What do you think? Charles is coming.
– 谁? – 你们的查理叔叔
– Who? – Your Uncle Charlie.
– 查理叔叔?
Did you say “Charles”?
– 我们的查莉正去给他发电报呢 – 她为什么那样做呢?
And our Charlie’s sending him a telegram. Now, what made her think to do that?
你好啊查莉 你妈妈刚打电♥话♥来了
Hello, Charlie. I just called your house.
– 你妈妈的电报 – 是吗?
– Telegram for your mother. – Did you?
本来让比尔送过去的 你现在可以拿走了
Gonna send that by Bill Forest, but you can take it.
– 谢谢 – 是你叔叔的
Thanks. From your uncle. The spoiled one.
我叔叔? 查理叔叔?
My uncle? My Uncle Charlie?
是的
Yeah.
汉德森太太 你相信心灵感应吗?
Mrs Henderson, do you believe in telepathy?
噢那是我的工作啊
Well, I ought to. That’s my business.
不是邮件 是心灵感应啊
Oh, not telegraphy. Mental telepathy.
那就是说… 你想到了一些事情
Like… well, suppose you have a thought,
假设你想到了一个 和你很相似的人
and suppose the thought’s about someone you’re in tune with.
然后那个与你 相隔千里的人回应你
Then across miles, that person knows what you’re thinking and answers you.
– 就是心灵感应 – 我不知道你在说什么
– And it’s all mental. – I don’t know what you’re talking about.
我只会收发邮件
I only send telegrams the normal way.
他听见我的
He heard me. He heard me.
– 奥提斯先生? – 什么?
– Mr Otis? Mr Otis? – Yes?
就到圣罗莎了 你应该准备一下
You’re almost in Santa Rosa. Want to be ready when you get into Santa Rosa.
– 我准备好了谢谢 – 那我帮你拿行李出来
– I’m ready now. Thanks. – Then I’ll get all your bags out for you.
– 你觉得怎么了 奥提斯先生?- 很好
– How you feelin’, Mr Otis? – Pretty well.
只是有点虚弱 其他都很好
A little weak but pretty well on the whole.

Mm-hm.
哈里告诉他你是医生吧
Harry, tell the porter you’re a doctor.
看看他有什么问题 你也许可以帮他的
Ask if there’s anything you can do. Maybe you can help that poor soul.
我正在休假啊搬运工 我丈夫是医生你去问问他…
– I’m on my vacation. – My husband’s a doctor and if there’s –
不必了夫人 他不想见任何人
No, Ma’am. He’s a very sick man. Won’t see anyone.
我们上车之后就没见他出来
I haven’t set eyes on him myself since we first got on the train.
你脸色也不太好啊
Well, you don ‘ t look very well either.
到了孩子们出来吧
Ah, here we are. Come on, children.
把门关好对了
Close the door, there. That’s right.
– 你就是… – 查理
– Oh, are you – – Charlie. Young Charlie.
小查莉我开始 还认不出来呢我以为你病了
At first, I didn’t know you. I thought you were sick.
– 病了? – 你没病的
– Sick? – You aren’t sick, are you?
爸爸他在这里!
Look, Pop! Here he is!
查理叔叔你没病啊 真有点奇怪
Why, Uncle Charlie, you’re not sick. That was the funniest thing.
– 我病了?祖你好啊 – 你好查理
– Me, sick? Well, Joe, how are you? – Alright, Charles.
你们好啊罗杰安妮 应该认不出我了
Roger. Hello, Ann. I bet you don’t remember me.
我隐约记起 你样子好像不同了
I remember you sort of. You look different.
我们赶快回去吧 艾玛就做好晚餐了
Well, we better get started. Emma’s got the dinner almost ready.
她不能来车站 晚餐第一啊
I couldn’t persuade her to come to the station. Dinner came first.
– 罗杰拿行李我来吧查理 – 谢谢祖
– Roger, get the bags. I’ll take that. – Thank you, Joe.
到了来吧
That’s it. Come on. Let’s go.
罗杰 拿这些行李
Come on, Roger, get these bags.
噢对你来说真的不重吗?
You, uh, sure that isn’t too heavy for you?
没什么 我喜欢搬东西的
Oh, no. It’s nothing. I love to carry.
艾玛别动
Emma. Don’t move.
站在那里 你不像是艾玛.牛顿
Standing there, you don’t look like Emma Newton.
你还是艾玛.奥克里 住在明尼苏达州 圣保罗市本翰大街46号♥
You look like Emma Spencer Oakley of 46 Burnham Street, St Paul, Minnesota.
– 那一区最漂亮的女孩! – 查理
– The prettiest girl on the block. – Charles.
查莉妈妈车站里 只有叔叔一个人下车
Mama, nobody got off the train but Uncle Charlie.
– 让我看看你 – 只有我们在那里接人
– Let me look at you. – There was only us meeting somebody.
很难想像你会来这里
– To think you could take the time off. – There was only one bed made up.
– 噢查理你来了真好 – 艾玛别哭啊
– It’s so wonderful to have you here. – Emmy, Emmy, don’t cry.
你在想起 本翰大街46号♥吧
And imagine your thinking of 46 Burnham Street.
我很多年没想过那里了
I haven’t thought of that funny old street in years.
我一直想起过去那些 美好的事情艾玛他样子怎么了?
I keep remembering those things. All the old things.
还是没变对吧?
Emmy, how’s he look? Same old Charles, eh?
罗杰安妮 去拿那些包
Roger, Ann, get these other bags.
你就住在查莉的房♥间里
You have Charlie’s room right here at the head of the stairs.
艾玛本想安妮搬出来的 但查理说你在这里会舒服些
Emmy wanted to move Ann, but Charlie thought you’d be more comfortable here.
来吧罗杰
Come on, Roger.
– 别把帽子放在床上啊 – 你也迷信吗祖?
– Ah-ah! Don’t put the hat on the bed. – Superstitious, Joe?
不但我不想 带来什么麻烦事
No, but I don’t believe in inviting trouble.
那游艇并不是最大的 但在图书馆里有壁炉…
It wasn’t the biggest yacht in the world, but it had a fireplace in the library
酒吧的面板都是桃木做的
and the bar was panelled in bleached mahogany.
只要按那个键…好了 不说我的
You pushed a button and… What am I talking about? That’s all over.
说说你们吧
Let’s talk about you.
查莉这是我见你 穿过的最漂亮的裙子啊
Charlie, that’s the prettiest dress I ever saw.
我也这样认为啊
I think so, too.
查理你忘记了吗?
Why, Charles, don’t you remember?
忘记?忘记什么?
Remember? Remember what?
查理叔叔 这是你寄给我的是吗?
– Why, Uncle Charlie, you sent it to me. – I did?
是啊看我 总是忘了一些事情
Well, say, I’ve been sitting here all this time forgetting something.
安妮罗杰
Ann. Roger.
– 看看你们 – 祖不知道你有没有
– Look at that. Oh, dear now. – Joe. Don’t know whether you had one.
不用给我买♥♥礼物吧 给孩子们就可以了
You didn’t have to think of me, Charles. Presents for the children are alright.
噢…我还没有过 一苹腕表呢
Say… I’ve never had a wristwatch.
银行里的同事 还说我是运动型呢
Fellows at the bank’ll think I’m quite a sport.
艾玛你有两份 一新一旧
I have two for you, Emmy. One old and one new.
噢查理 是什么呢?
Oh, Charles. What is it?
你真是…
– You shouldn’t have. Really. No. – Well, yeah.
噢查理
Oh, Charles.
多么漂亮啊
Oh, how… beautiful.
我总想有一件的
Oh, I’ve-I’ve always wanted one.
是啊妈妈 你应该有一件的
Oh, Mother, it’s exactly right. It’s what you should have.
看看
Look, Emmy.
查理你一直带在身边
Charles. You’ve had these all along.
是啊艾玛很多年了
Mm-hm. All along, Emmy. All these years.
无论去哪里 都存放在保险箱
Safe in a deposit box, no matter where I was.
噢是外公和外婆吗?
Oh. Grandpa and Grandma?
1888年
1888.
53年前了
53 years ago.
– 他们很和蔼对吗? – 噢她很美啊
Aren’t they sweet? My, she was pretty.
在那个时候 每个人都很美的
Everybody was sweet and pretty then. The whole world.
一个精彩的世界 不像现在的那样
A wonderful world. Not like the world today.
不像现在的世界
Not like the world now.
那时候年轻真好
It was great to be young then.
我们现在很开心啊 看看大家
We’re all happy now, Uncle Charlie. Look at us.
– 我们第一次同时那么开心 – 现在是你的礼物了查莉
– And we’re all happy at the same time. – Now, for your present, Charlie.
噢我什么都不需要 现在已经很满足了
Oh, I don’t want anything. Right now, I have enough.
你来之前 我以为我需要很多东西
Before you came, I didn’t think I had anything,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!