没有啊
No. It tasted all right.
这就对了 那里面有点不同
That’s what I mean. It wasn’t all right.
– 放了什么? – 一点苏打水
– Put something in it? – Put a little soda.
如果我放毒药的话 也是这份量
About the same amount that I’d have used if I’d wanted to use poison.
你不说我还不察觉呢
Well, you don’t say? I never tasted a thing.
当然我连苏打 也察觉不到
Of course, I might not notice the soda.
更别提无色无味的毒药
You’d notice the soda more than you would the poison.
如果是的话 你现在早死了
For all you knew, you might just as well be dead now.
– 安妮还没睡吗? – 是啊
– Aren’t you asleep yet, Ann? – Uh-uh.
查莉你在干嘛?
Charlotte, what are you doing?
噢我在找我看过的新闻
Oh, I’m just looking for a recipe I thought I saw,
但这已经给撕破了- –
but it’s just so torn up.
图书馆里什么报纸都有
They have papers in the “libarry”, new ones and old ones.
柯克然小姐会帮你找的
Miss Corcoran will get them out for you.
就算你剪下来一点 她都不会发现的
She won’t even notice if you cut out a little, bitty recipe.
那也不是什么重要的东西
Oh, it’s not that important.
图书馆几时关门?
What time does the library close?
如果你平时多去的话 就会知道是9点
If you read as much as you should, you’d know it closes at 9:00.
这样啊那我明天才去吧
Oh, well. If I think about it, maybe I’ll go tomorrow.
你该睡了
You really ought to go to sleep, Ann.
回去!回去!回去!
Get back there! Get back! Get back!
查莉等一下 知道我为什么在这吗?
Just a moment, Charlie. What do you think I am out here for?
对不起诺顿警官
Oh, I’m sorry, Mr Norton.
没事了走吧
Alright. Go ahead.
噢柯克然小姐 请让我进去!
Oh! Miss Corcoran, please let me in.
求求你!
Oh, please!
太谢谢你了
Oh, thank you.
查莉你真是的 明知道这里9点关门
Really, Charlie. You know as well as I do the library closes at 9:00.
如果我这次给你例外 以后还得了
If I make one exception, I’ll have to make a thousand.
对不起柯克然小姐 我要找出那报纸
I’m sorry, Mrs Corcoran, but there is something in the paper I’ve got to see.
太令我惊讶了 你都不为别人着想
I’m surprised at you, Charlie. No consideration.
– 我只需要一分钟 – 你一大早又不来
– Oh, I’ll only be a minute. – You’ve got all day to come here.
真不知道你为啥 夜晚赶来这里
I don’t know why you want to rush in here tonight like a madwoman.
我只给你三分钟
I’ll give you just three minutes.
老天保佑不要是坏消息
Can’t be anything really awful.
我会证明他不是的
I’ll prove to him it isn’t.
第三版- –
Page three –
你好
Hello.
– 查莉在哪? – 她还在睡我不想吵醒她
– Where’s Charlie? – Still asleep. I don’t want to wake her.
– 查莉还在睡吗? – 不她刚醒来
– Charlie still asleep? – No, she just woke up.
我不该让她睡那么久 但她好像很累
I shouldn’t have let her sleep so long, but she needed it.
她有点不舒服 她会下来吃饭的
She doesn’t look quite herself. She’ll be down for dinner.
妈妈让我来捣碎这些
Mother, let me finish mashing those.
我来弄晚餐吧
I’ll fix the rest of dinner and get it on the table.
你去跟查理叔叔聊吧
You go talk to Uncle Charlie.
– 你觉得怎么样? – 我没事
– How do you feel? – Fine.
我累极了 睡得死死的
I must have been tired. I slept like a log.
查理叔叔找你很多次了 他很喜欢你
Uncle Charlie was asking for you again. He’s fond of you.
那年轻人也来过两次 我说你睡了
That nice young man came to ask after you. I told him you were asleep.
我又恢复精神了 这肉汁弄好了吗?
I’m rested now. Is the gravy made?
你又在哼那华尔兹曲了
Now you’re humming that waltz. Please don’t hum that tune anymore.
我好不容易才忘了它
I’ve just got it out of my head and don’t want it started again.
不要再哼了
Please remember, don’t hum that tune.
不要每次都站起来
And don’t keep getting up every few minutes.
只要像个淑女那样 静静♥坐♥着
You just sit there and be a real lady.
那好吧 至少我能把汤端出去
Alright, if you say so, but at least I can carry in the soup.
罗杰快洗手! 祖查理吃饭了
Roger, wash your hands! Joe. Charles. Dinner.
妈妈安妮我说过 不要把东西挂在耳后
– Mama – – Ann, don’t put things behind your ear.
别低声说谁都知道 你在说坏话
And don’t whisper. Anyone could hear you a block away.
我能跟你坐吗?
May I sit by you at the table?
跟我?我还以为 你想跟查理叔叔坐呢
By me? I should think you’d want to sit by Uncle Charlie.
– 不我想跟你坐 – 为什么想换?
– No, I want to sit by you. – Why do you want to change?
妈妈就让她换吧
Mother, let her change if she wants to.
罗杰说不介意
Roger doesn’t mind.
他当然不介意 但查理叔叔会不能
No, certainly not. Uncle Charlie might think… Certainly not.
– 妈妈让她换吧 – 好吧安妮总是有怪念头
– Mother, let her change. – OK, but Ann has some foolish ideas.
你们都去饭厅吧
Go in the dining room, both of you.
什么事了? 安妮不跟我坐了吗?
What’s going on here? Have I lost my little girl?
罗杰想跟你坐
Roger wanted to sit next to you,
我想让孩子们换换座位
and I thought it would be nice if the children took turns.
– 我才不想- – – 不想什么罗杰?
– I never… – Never what, Roger?
没事安妮快来帮我
– Nothing. – Come, Ann. Come and help me.
祖! 我不该把报纸 带到饭桌上没特别的新闻
Joe! I brought it in by mistake. Nothing special in it.
– 查理想看一下吗? – 谢谢祖
– Want to look at the headlines, Charles? – Thank you, Joe.
罗杰喝汤不要发出声音
Roger, don’t make so much noise with your soup.
如果他能像马一样 把嘴唇贴近点就好了
If he holds his lips together, he could draw it carefully, like a horse.
– 别那么恶心 – 我能把面包沾进去吗?
– Don’t be disgusting. – May I dip my bread in it?
– 查莉呢? – 她在准备晚餐
– Where’s Charlie? – She wanted to serve dinner.
– 她很快就来 – 说得对祖
– She ‘ II be in in a minute. – You’re right, Joe.
没什么特别新闻 她来了!
Nothing special tonight. Oh, here she is!
– 我可爱的外甥女来了 – 我想知道你睡了多久
– Here ‘ s my girl. – How many hours did you sleep?
只要你告诉我什么时候睡
If you could tell me the exact minute you went to sleep,
你什么时候醒 如果你中途有醒来…
the exact minute you woke up, if you woke up in between
那你醒了多久
and how long you stayed awake each time you woke up,
然后我就能准确告诉你
then I could tell you exactly –
你今晚准睡不着 没人能睡一整天的
You won’t sleep tonight. Nobody who sleeps all day can.
我昨晚做梦
I slept all right, and I kept dreaming,
关于你的噩梦 查理叔叔
perfect nightmares about you, Uncle Charlie.
关于我的噩梦?
Nightmares about me?
你在火车上 想躲避某些东西…
You were on a train, running away from something
我很高兴看到你在火车上
and when I saw you on the train, I felt terribly happy.
看到查理叔叔在 火车上又怎会高兴呢?
How could you feel happy seeing Uncle Charlie on a train?
我才不要他离开呢 我要他留在这
I don’t want to see him on a train. I hope he stays here forever.
他始终要走 我们要面对现实
Well, he has to leave sometime. We have to face the facts.
我欣赏面对现实的人
I like people who face facts.
我们也不一定 要遇到那些事
Well, we’re not going to face any such facts as those.
安妮你要看笑话吗?
Oh, Ann, would you like to see the funnies?
我长大了 一个星期还看两本书
I’m too old for funnies. I read two books a week. I took a sacred oath I would.
而且在饭桌上 阅读是不礼貌的
Besides, no one’s allowed to read at the table. It isn’t polite.
不要顶撞长辈!
Don’t correct your elders!
不关她事艾玛 是我忘了
She’s right, Emmy. I’m forgetting my manners.
祖我不是说你带报纸来
Joe, I’m going to blame this paper on you.
罗杰去冰箱 找那红瓶子的酒来
Roger, go to the icebox and bring me a big, red bottle you’ll find there.
现在能把报纸扔走 爸爸读过你也读过
You can throw the paper away. Dad’s read it, you’ve read it.
今晚我们 也不玩什么游戏了
We don’t need to play any games with it tonight.
安妮帮查莉 把水果拿出来
Ann, you can help Charlie carry the vegetables.
我准备晚餐 时就看到那瓶酒
I saw that bottle when I was getting dinner.
圣.波罗说过“ 为了胃部着想而喝点酒”
St Paul said, “Take a little wine for thy stomach’s sake. ”
餐酒… 听起来多暧昧!
Wine for dinner sounds so gay!
记得老琼斯的大女儿 结婚时的酒吗?
Remember they had the champagne when the oldest Jones girl got married?
那是正宗 法国勃艮第红酒啊
This is sparkling burgundy.
只要一口 我就知道是勃艮第红酒
One sip and I’ll be calling it “sparkling burgledy. ”
我还是不要喝了
Maybe I’d better not take any.
噢…进口的
Oh… imported.
法国进口和那些斜纹?
Imported Frankie and his tweeds?
他把斜纹刻在拐杖上
And his loaded cane.
他把什么都刻上去!
His loaded everything!
罗杰拿四苹杯子出来
Roger, go get four of the small glasses with stems.
我答应俱乐部的格林太太 你给女士们演讲
Charles, I promised Mrs Greene of our club that you’d talk to the ladies.
我讲什么好呢? 一般都是时事和见闻
What am I going to talk about? Travel or current events?
不要讲时事 我们听得多了
Oh, not current events. We get current events.
什么类型的观众?
Who’ll my audience be?
像我一样的家庭主妇
Oh, women like myself. Busy with our homes, most of us.
这城镇的女士们都很忙
Women keep busy in towns like this.
在大城市就不同 中年的寡妇
In the cities it’s different. Middle-aged widows, husbands dead,
她们死去的丈夫 穷尽一生积累财富
husbands who ‘ ve spent their lives making fortunes, working and working,
留下一大笔钱给 愚蠢的妻子
and then they die and leave their money to their wives, their silly wives.
这些没用的妻子们怎么做?
And what do the wives do, these useless women?
她们出入 最豪华奢侈的酒店
You see them in the best hotels every day by the thousands,
吃喝玩乐 挥霍度日
drinking the money, eating the money,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!