I’m not gonna lie.
你想说你有资格提出建议……我当过三次失败的舞蹈教练…连大学都没上过的人?
You want to say you’re qualified to hand out advice… based on being a three-time loser dance instructor… who’s never even been near a college?
好吧,你很紧张。我现在明白了。
Okay, you’re nervous. I see that now.
我和他一起复习了所有的问题。
I went over all the questions with him.
唯一会惹上麻烦的就是你偏离了我给你的回答……或者他放下笔记板,这意味着他会问你一些我们没讨论过的问题。
The only way to get in trouble is if you deviate from the responses I’ve given you… or he puts down his clipboard, which means he’ll ask you something we didn’t discuss.
但他向我保证他不会那么做。
But he assured me he’s not gonna do that.
这让我想到了以下几点,雪莉医生。
Which leads me to the following, Dr. Shirlee.
你知道人们的愤怒…你这个混♥蛋♥!你这个撒谎的混♥蛋♥!
You’re aware of the furor… You bastard! You lyin’ bastard!
-他说他不会那么做的!-我们在这里工作!
– He said he wasn’t gonna do that! – We’re working here!
什么意思?
What do you mean?
具体来说,它是如何诋毁一个职业的……利用它来达到商业目的。
Specifically, how it denigrates a profession… exploits it for its commercial ends.
你是这么想的吗?
Is that what you think?
你听我的节目了吗?
Have you listened to my program?
我当然有,但我们不是在讨论我的观点。
Of course I have, but we’re not discussing my opinions here.
为什么不呢?这是你的节目。
Why not? It’s your show.
我们直说吧。
Let’s be straight.
和你打交道的人完全是陌生人。
The people you deal with are total strangers.
你对他们的历史知之甚少…而你却试图在五分钟内解决他们的问题。
You have little or no knowledge of their history… and yet you try and solve their problems in less than five minutes.
你不用担心用这么少的信息来给出建议…会有严重的后果吗?
Don’t you worry that to give advice with so little information… can have serious repercussions?
人们只会对我喊一声。
People just give me a holler.
我告诉他们我的想法,希望能有所帮助。
I tell ’em what I think and hope it helps.
我不知道所有的答案。是吗,齐姆?
I don’t know all the answers. Do you, Zim?
你不觉得你会受伤吗?
Don’t you think you can hurt?
不要担心你会给人建议……没有足够的了解这个人——我只是说我看到的事实。
Don’t you worry that you may give advice… without enough knowledge of the person — I just tell the truth as I see it.
据我所知,真♥相♥从未造成任何伤害。
To my knowledge, the truth has never caused any damage.
有时痛苦,但不是伤害。
Pain sometimes, but not damage.
很好。
Very nice.
很好。
Very nice.
-要么让他闭嘴,要么带他出去——对不起。
– Shut him up or get him out of here. – Sorry.
让我们欢迎我的特别嘉宾…著名电台精神病学家大卫·厄德曼博士。
Let’s welcome my special guest… renowned radio psychiatrist Dr. David Erdman.
欢迎,厄德曼博士。
Welcome, Dr. Erdman.
哦,狗屎!哦,狗屎!
Oh shit! Oh shit!
我很高兴能有第二个意见。
I’m glad to have a second opinion.
让我们从……厄德曼医生,你对来电者有什么要求?
Let’s start with… what are you looking for in a caller, Dr. Erdman?
我喜欢符合听众群体特征的来电者。
I like a caller that fits my listeners’ demographic profile.
我喜欢有健康问题的健康电♥话♥。
I like healthy callers with healthy problems.
如果他们的问题恰好和我推销的磁带有关……那更好。
If their questions happen to tie in with a tape I’m promoting… so much the better.
不,我是认真的。
No, seriously.
我在这里是为了帮助我的听众…谁都想对自己有更深的了解。
I’m here to help anyone in my listening audience… who wants to come to a deeper understanding of themselves.
-雪莉医生。-我对来电者的要求是什么?
– Dr. Shirlee. – What am I looking for in a caller?
-我在找需要帮助的人。- – – ?
– I’m looking for someone that needs help. – And?
他们早餐还得吃果圈。
And they have to eat Froot Loops for breakfast.
和什么?有问题的人。这还不够吗?
And what? Someone with a problem. Isn’t that enough?
让我们开始我觉得这个节目最有趣的部分。
Let’s proceed with what I feel is the most interesting part of the program.
哦。
Uh-oh.
有人打电♥话♥来,说有问题。
We have a caller who has a problem.
我们将要求我们的每一位医生对这个问题做出回应……为了让你看到……无线电心理学的不同研究方法。
We’re gonna ask each of our doctors to respond to that problem… in order to let you see… the different approaches to radio psychology.
哦!
Oh!
嗨,你正在直播。
Hi, you’re on the air.
-能听到我说话吗?-大声点,琼。
– Can you hear me? – Loud and clear, Joan.
我是琼。她48岁。她有婚姻问题。
This is Joan. She’s 48. She has a marital problem.
医生们,为了简洁起见……把你对琼的问题的回答保留下来……精确到一分钟。去吧,琼。
Please doctors, in the interest of brevity… keep your responses to Joan’s problem… down to a minute. Go ahead, Joan.
我丈夫有外遇已经一年了。六个月前我发现了这件事
My husband’s been having an affair for a year… and I found out about it about six months ago.
我让他住手,但他不听。
I asked him to stop, but he won’t.
我给他交往的女人写了封信…让她不要见他,但她给他看了。
I wrote a letter to the woman he’s seeing… and asked her not to see him, but she showed it to him.
嘿,你能出来吗?他在做什么?
Hey, will you get outta there? What is he doing?
我对他充满了愤怒,我不知道该怎么办。
I’m so filled with anger toward him, I don’t know what I’m gonna do.
-厄德曼医生。-等一下。
– Dr. Erdman. – Hold that shot.
-琼,你想离婚吗?——没有。
– Joan, do you want a divorce? – No.
那我建议你还是别自找麻烦了。
Then I suggest that you let sleeping dogs lie.
——什么!-会轮到你的。
– What! – You’ll have your turn.
琼,你不会因为你丈夫这么做而恨他吧。你恨自己。
Joan, you do not hate your husband for doing this. You hate yourself.
给我一个。
Give me one.
如果你自我感觉良好……也许你丈夫会想和你在一起。
If you felt better about yourself… maybe your husband would want to be with you.
她丈夫出轨是她的错?
It’s her fault her husband’s cheatin’?
我只是建议她自己想想。
I’m simply suggesting that she look to herself.
也许她在床上要求太高了。
Maybe she’s too demanding in bed.
你跟打电♥话♥的人这么说话吗?
You talk to your callers like that?
你应该被取消律师资格或者出轨或者他们对医生做的任何事。
You should be disbarred or derailed or whatever they do to doctors.
出轨吗?
Derailed?
你在哪里接受的训练,医生?
Where did you receive your training, Doctor?
-我在哪里接受的培训?——是的。
– Where did I receive my training? – Yes.
我毕业于哈佛大学,在索邦大学读研究生。你在哪里受训?
I’m a graduate of Harvard, postgraduate studies at the Sorbonne. Where did you train?
我在哪里受训?我在fuck U受训。
Where did I train? I trained at Screw U.
你知道是谁想出了”别自找麻烦”这个说法吗?
You know who came up with the expression “Let sleeping dogs lie”?
一只狗。
A dog.
琼,亲爱的,你改变不了他。
And, Joan, honey, you are not going to change him.
要么忍♥受,要么结束。
You gotta live with it or end it.
尿尿或者离开便盆。不管怎样,你都会重新喜欢上自己的。
Tinkle or get off the potty. Either way, you’ll start to like yourself again.
哦,是的,是的,是的!哦,Shirlee !
Oh, yes, yes, yes! Oh, Shirlee!
我们爱你!
We love you!
她太棒了!哦,上帝!
She was so good! Oh, God!
-你们太棒了!-我们马上回来
– You guys are great! – We’ll be right back.
这个节目太棒了!
This show is fantastic!
这太棒了。
This is great.
她们俩都被她征服了。我什么时候能拿到报道?
She blew both of those guys away. When can I get the story?
-现在你觉得这是个故事了。-这是个故事。
– So now you think it’s a story. – It’s a story.
-你掌握了她多少把柄?-差不多了。
– How much have you got on her? – Almost enough.
快去吧。
Get on it.
快抓住她,是吗?
Nail her and fast, huh?
雪莉,怎么了?你要去哪里?
Shirlee, what’s the matter? Where you going?
我们回去吧。我们没跟齐姆道晚安。
Let’s go back inside. We didn’t say good night to Zim.
艾伦,我累了。我想去。
Alan, I’m tired. I want to go.
-你就是那辆粉色奔驰。-不,我不是。
– You’re the pink Mercedes. – No, I’m not.
不,我是雪莉·凯尼恩。我开一辆粉红色的奔驰。
No, I’m Shirlee Kenyon. I drive a pink Mercedes.
-我很沮丧。-哦,得了吧!
– I’m depressed. – Oh, come on!
你在说什么?你应该高兴得飘飘然。
What are you talking about? You should be on cloud nine.
你刚刚把那两个小丑埋在里面了。
You just buried those two clowns in there.
那很好,但是这些”医生”的东西…还有齐姆说的万一出事怎么办?
That’s great, but all this “doctor” stuff… and what Zim said about what if somethin’ happened?
让我们面对现实吧。我没受过训练。
Let’s face it. I’m not trained.
也许厄德曼医生是个混♥蛋♥…-但至少他上过学。-厄德曼医生!
Maybe Dr. Erdman is a jerk… – but at least he’s been to school. – Dr. Erdman!
厄德曼医生知道的和你一样多。
Dr. Erdman knows about as much as you do.
我应该知道的。他当了我五年的心理医生,看看我病得有多严重!
I ought a know. He was my shrink for five years and look how sick I am!
噢,得了吧,雪莉,放轻松点!
Oh, come on, Shirlee, lighten up!
我不是医生。
I’m not a doctor.
我当然不是我的奔驰……我是谁?
And I’m certainly not my Mercedes… so who am I?
我是凯迪拉克。
I’m a Cadillac.
雪莉医生,肖恩在线上。他是个清醒的酒鬼。
Dr. Shirlee, we have Sean on the line. He’s a sober alcoholic.
雪莉,谢谢你接我电♥话♥。
Shirlee, thanks for taking my call.
我已经两年没喝酒了,我妻子是个酒鬼。
I’ve been sober for two years and my wife is an alcoholic.
我不知道该怎么办。
I don’t know what to do.
如果我和她在一起,我可以再喝酒,而她不想戒。
If I stay around her I could drink again and she doesn’t want to quit.
你有孩子吗,肖恩,还是只有你们两个?
You got kids, Sean, or is it just the two of you?
只有我们。
It’s just us.
那样的话,告诉她如果她喝酒你就不能和她在一起。
In that case, tell her you can’t be with her if she’s drinkin’.
如果她足够爱你,她会戒掉的。
If she loves you enough, she’ll try to quit.
如果她不愿意,你就得爱自己,离开她。
If she doesn’t, you have to love yourself enough to walk away.
就像我爸爸常说的…鸟和鱼可以相爱……但它们在哪里安家呢?
Like my daddy always said… a bird and a fish can fall in love… but where do they make a home?
我看到了!
I saw that!
我的帮手对我选择的词语做鬼脸。
My helper is makin’ faces at my choice of words.
但我说的都是真的。有时候唯一的办法…让一个人改变坏习惯的方法就是离开他们。
But what I’m sayin’ is true. Sometimes the only way… you can get somebody to change their bad habits is to leave ’em.
如果他们不这么做,你们中至少有一个人能活着出来。
And if they don’t, at least one of you’s gotten out alive.
吉恩,怎么了?
What’s cookin’, Gene?
你昨晚给我留下了深刻的印象,雪莉…而且不只是针对齐姆·齐默尔曼
You made quite an impression last night, Shirlee… and not just on Zim Zimmerman.
帕尔曼先生,有时候我的嘴就会失控…没有先检查我的大脑。
Mr. Perlman, sometimes my mouth just runs off… without checkin’ with my brain first.
-我不是有意冒犯他的。——不!
– I didn’t mean to offend him. – No!
不,Shirlee。一个好印象。
No, Shirlee. A good impression.
今天早上电视台打来电♥话♥。
The network called this morning.
他们想把你推向全国。
They want to take you national.
宣传旅行,广♥告♥活动,所有的工作!
Promotional tours, ad campaigns, the works!
全国各地的听众都在给雪莉医生打电♥话♥。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!