when he ran from a fight with the British.
谋杀 杀 还不都一样
Murder. Killed. It’s the same thing.
我们不谋杀敌人 我们杀他们
We don’t murder the enemy, we kill.
大家都开动了
Everything is on the move.
大队派我们进驻凯萨琳山径
Battalion is sending us to the Kasserine Pass.
-我们会被坦克废气呛死的 -我才不干
-We’re going to choke on panzer fumes. -Not me, Schroeder.
让隆梅尔自己的人 躲在他的坦克后面
Let Rommel’s panzer grenadiers march behind those tanks.
我不干了
But not me. I want no more.
我才不像你一样 是纳粹狂热份子
I’m no damn Nazi fanatic like you.
德国人不再随着 希♥特♥勒♥的歌♥声起舞
Germany is through singing for Adolf Hitler.
我们的天才将军们言判
Our brilliant generals had figured…
隆梅尔会由一个叫史匹瓦的地方推进
that Rommel’s push would come at a place called Speava…
所以他们将大批军力 派驻至该处
so they massed most of the Allied forces over there.
却派我到一个
But they sent our regiment around the back way…
叫做凯萨琳山径的地方
through a shit-hole called the Kasserine Pass.
我们的小队担当前哨
Our squad was on point. We got an eyeful, all right.
我们看到了大批非洲军队 由凯萨琳山径通过
The whole damned Afrika Korps was coming through the Kasserine Pass.
隆梅尔杀的我们措手不及
Rommel had caught us with our pants down.
有大批的坦克和一整支步♥枪♥连 朝着我们过来
We got tanks, boys, and infantry with them.
他们会到处搜索反坦克武器 我们快走吧
They’ll be looking behind the rocks for antitank guns, so let’s go!
-该死 -我们快走
-Oh, shit. -Let’s go.
士官长 我们能往哪儿跑
Sergeant, where are we gonna run to? They’ll spot us out in the open.
我们不跑 我们往下挖
We’re not running, we’re digging in.
往下挖 你疯了吗 士官长
Digging in? Are you crazy, sergeant?
好 往下挖 让他们从我们头顶上经过
All right. Dig in and let them roll over our heads.
他们又转了
Hey, they’re going off to the right!
傻子 你看看那边
Guess again, jerk-off. Look over there.
天啊
Jeez.
到处都是他们的人
Tanks! They’re all over the place!
对你们而言 战争结束了
The war is over for you.
我们赢了
We won.
你们输了
You lost.
这是突尼斯的一座临时医院
You are in a temporary German hospital in Tunis, sergeant.
你的复原情况 让我们的医生大感吃惊
Our doctors are very impressed with your recovery.
你本来应该死了的
You should be dead.
我们最好离开
We’d better get out of here.
你也听到他说的了
You heard what that orderly said.
这是座临时医院 我们很快就会遭到轰炸
This is an unmarked hospital, and they’d just as soon blast us.
这里有没有红色大队的人
Anybody here from the Big Red One?
16连
Sixteenth.
18连
Eighteenth!
那个红色大队的人呢
Where’s that Big Red One man?
山径发生什么事了
What happened at the pass?
你是16连的人吗
You with the 16th?
你就是那个蠢蛋吗
You one of them goons?
第三大队I连
I Company, 3rd Battalion.
你身上围着阿♥拉♥伯床单干嘛
What are you doing wrapped up in that Arab bed sheet?
山径上到底发生什么事了
What happened at the pass?
你们逃走后 我们展开反击
We counterattacked after you jokers ran.
我们攻下凯萨琳 革法 艾尔卡塔 突尼斯
We took Kasserine, Gafsa, El Guettar, Tunis.
我们将隆梅尔赶出非洲了
We ran Rommel right out of Africa.
你是说 红色大队拿下突尼斯了
You mean the Big Red One took Tunis.
没错
We sure as hell did.
这里是突尼斯
This is Tunis.
没错
You’re right.
我们是拿下突尼斯了
We took Tunis.
那老家伙 就是不愿意一个人留下来
The old bastard just couldn’t face being left behind.
他听说我们要前往进攻西西里
He heard we were shipping out to invade Sicily.
第一小队在哪里
Where’s the 1st Squad?
第一小队在哪里
Where’s the 1st Squad?
我们队上原有12人
Out of the original 12-man rifle squad…
现在只剩下我们4个了
the four of us were the only ones left.
西西里
1943年7月
这次进攻行动和在北非不同
This invasion wasn’t gonna be like North Africa.
海滩将有重兵防守
The beach would be heavily defended.
至少我们现在可以一块去西西里 一块战死
So now at least, we could all go to Sicily and get killed together.
我跟补给官换来的
I gave the supply officer a Luger for it.
对了 你那时为什么 围着阿♥拉♥伯床单
By the way, what were you doing in that Arab bed sheet?
他们派了一大堆
They were shanghaiing all the combats…
什么都不懂的菜鸟来接替叛逃的士兵
and noncoms and training replacements for those rebel devils.
你偷的 史托普
Where’d you steal it, stupe?
我叫学普 不是史托普
My name’s Shep, not “stupe.”
这是我从阿尔吉利亚 圣乔治旅馆拿的
I got it from the St. George Hotel in Algiers.
文奇 听说你是意大利人
I understand you’re an Italian, Vinci.
他们怎么会让意大利佬 加入这个军队
How come they let a wop in this man’s Army?
我不认为意大利佬会互相残杀
I don’t think a wop’s gonna fight a wop.
我想你只会缩在一旁喝酒 唱”我的太阳”
I think all you’ll do is drink dago red and sing “O Sole Mio.”
我喜欢这首歌♥
I like “O Sole Mio.”
战争最可怕的一点就是那一种孤寂感
The creepy thing about battle is that you always feel alone.
你触目所及尽是
All you can see are the guys right next to you…
尸魂遍野
and the bodies you keep tripping over.
为什么老是我们被调派
Why are we always sent out?
难不成美国陆军 只剩下我们了吗
It’s the only damn squad in the whole U.S. Army?
对啊 其他的士兵到哪去了
Where’s the rest of the Army?
我们派了八名巡兵前往村庄 寻找顽强抵抗份子
There are eight patrols checking the villages for diehard snipers.
如果有人想要调派 告诉我一声
Anybody wants to transfer, just let me know.
我要
I want to transfer.
很好 文奇 你被调到前哨去
Okay, Vinci. You’re transferred to the point.
你们知道如何引出狙击手吗
You know how you smoke out a sniper?
派一个人到空旷处 再看他会不会中枪
You send a guy out in the open and you see if he gets shot.
这是西点军校的人 想出的鬼点子
They thought that one up at West Point.
-你没事吧 -为什么这么问
-Are you okay, sergeant? -Why?
-你刚刚派文奇去引狙击手出洞 -没错
-You just let Vinci walk into a sniper. -That’s why he’s here.
我们这里有很多菜鸟
We got plenty of wet-noses here too.
你真的很想完成 你的小说 是吧
You really want to finish that book, don’t you?
所以我才在这里
That’s why I’m here.
文奇成功了
Vinci made it.
莱科尔 你是下一个
Come on, Carlos, your turn. Let’s go. Come on!
-嘿 文奇 -在这
-Hey, Vinci? -Ho!
你知道他住在哪儿吗
You know where he lives!
注意你的右边 我走左边 看你的了
Work to your right, I’ll go left. It’s your ball.
了不起
Bravo! Bravo!
你早就看准他了 没错
-You had him in the sights all the time. -All the time.
只是想看我害怕吗
You just wanted to see me sweat.
谁叫你调我到前哨
It’s punishment for transferring me to the point.
我可以回到后部队去了吗
May I rejoin the rear echelon now?
你被调到前哨去了
You are transferred back to the point.
我的屁♥股♥好痛
Oh, my aching butt.
现在我们将替补新兵当做死人
By now, we’d come to look at all replacements…
只是借用他们的手脚一用
as dead men who temporarily had the use of their arms and legs.
他们来来去去 如此之快
They came and went so fast and so regular…
有时甚至来不及问他们的名字
that sometimes we didn’t even get to know their names.
一段时间后 我们避免和他们熟悉
Truth is, after a while we sort of avoided getting to know them.
我拿了些水来
I… I brought some water.
你知道大队里的人 叫你们做什么吗
Do you know what they call you four guys down at Battalion?
说你们是士官长的四骑士
Sergeant’s Four Horsemen.
我不懂 你们在北非幸存
I don’t get it. You guys lived through North Africa.
毫发无伤
You didn’t even get a scratch.
那是因为被杀的都是替补新兵
That’s because replacements keep getting hit instead of us.
你认为我会被杀吗
You think…? You think maybe I’ll get it?
为什么不 你很特别吗
Why not? You something special?
我再去拿一点来
I’ll go get some, all right?
对不起
I’ll… Excuse me.

Water.
你死不了的 史密 你刚踩到地雷
You’ll live, Smitty. You did tripwire the mine.
这种地雷不会要你的命 只会阉了你
They’re not designed to kill you, just to castrate you.
阉了我
Castrate me?!
我找到了
Hey, here it is. I found it.
-我的天啊 -是你的一个睾丸 史密
-Oh, my God! -It’s just one of your balls, Smitty.
少一个也死不了 这是为什么老天给你两个的原因
You can live without it. That’s why they gave you two.
这就是两个的妙处

1
2
3
4
5
6
前一篇文章洛克
下一篇文章告密者(2010)
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!