So is Terry. Come on.
泰利也是 拜托
He’ll be passed out on the sofa in less than an hour.
他会昏倒在沙发上 不用一小时
Aah. That’s nonsense. You know that’s not true.
胡说八道 你知道那不是真的
You weren’t supposed to be on the show tonight, were you?
今晚本不该你上节目的吧
Oh, me, on the show tonight?
我今晚的节目
Yeah, I was. I was the headliner.
必须的 我是头牌
Okay.
好吧
I lied about the show
我撒谎要演出
to get out of hanging out with you guys,
是为了摆脱你们
and then I lied about headlining
然后我还撤谎领衔
to impress you guys.
来打动你们
Well, that didn’t work.
嗯 那行不通
Also, I think I screwed up with your daughter.
还有 我想我和你女儿搞砸了
Yeah.
是的
You did.
你做到了
I don’t know how people do it when their family’s sick.
我不知道人们是怎么做到的 当他们家人生病的时候
My Uncle Lew, he got cancer.
我叔叔卢 他得了癌症
Then he had a stroke, then a heart attack.
然后中风 然后心脏病发作
Then he had a recurrence of the cancer.
然后他又复发了癌症
But you know what killed him?
但你知道是什么杀了他吗
Cancer? Car accident.
癌症 车祸
We think maybe it was a heart attack
我们以为是心脏病发作
while he was driving, and he did still have cancer, too.
他开车的时候还有癌症
And you know what?
你知道吗
He ate sprouts his whole fucking life.
他一生都在吃豆芽
Hadn’t had a yolk in 30 years.
30年没吃蛋黄了
I don’t know how I’m gonna sleep tonight.
我不知道今晚怎么入睡
You want to stress eat?
你想化悲愤为食量吗
Fuck, yeah.
操 是的
Oh, my God.
上帝
I know. “Most noticeable.”
我知道 “最引人注目的”
Oh, now, now, hold on, hold on.
现在 等等
There’s more. Look.
还有更多 看啊
The legendary cemetery photo shoot.
传说中的墓地 拍的照
Oh. Oh My God.
上帝
Nah! Oh! Wow!
不 哦 哇
Oh. I laughed so hard when I saw these,
我看的时候 笑到抽筋
she got so So mad at me.
她对我很生气
You’re gonna wake him up.
你得把他叫醒
Are you kidding? He could sleep though anything.
你在开玩笑吧 他怎么样都睡得着
Hey, Terry! Shh!
嘿 泰利 嘘
How did you and Terry meet?
你和泰利是怎么认识的
I was, um, going to East Carolina University.
我念东卡罗莱纳大学
And I was, um, waiting tables,
我在等桌子
and, you know, we met at this coffee shop.
我们在咖啡店认识的
I was waiting on him,
我在等他的桌子
you know, and I liked his hair.
我喜欢他的发型
He was a teacher already, you know.
他是老师
Thick New York accent,
纽约口音很浓
like like nobody I’d ever met, you know.
我从未见过这样的人
Totally wrong for me.
我完全错了
So, naturally, we fell in love.
自然地 我们坠入了爱河
My family could not stand him.
我的家人受不了他
We’re all military people. Army pilots.
我家祖传军人 陆军飞行员
All my brothers played football.
我的兄弟们都踢足球
Terry couldn’t even change a tire.
泰利连轮胎都没换过
My father got so mad at me,
我父亲生我气了
he broke every dinner plate we had.
他砸碎了所有餐盘
Now back then, um, you go to the gas station,
那时有活动 去加油站
you fill up your tank, you get a dinner plate.
加满油 就会送餐盘
Oh.

But just one at a time, like cup, saucer.
但一次一个 例如茶杯 茶托
It took a year of fill-ups to get the whole set back.
花了一年的时间 才揍齐一套
And Terry Terry just stuck around.
而泰利 泰利一直这么搞
Eventually,
最终
they just all got over it.
他们都关张了
They just got over it? Mmhmm.
就这么没了 嗯
How?
什么意思
Lots of fucked-up dinners.
很多次乱七八糟的晚餐
How’d your parents meet, Kumail?
你父母是怎么认识的 库米尔
So we have arranged marriage, as you know,
包办婚烟 如你所知
and a big group got together to go see a movie,
集体看电影
but really it was just a set-up
实际上是圈套
so my mom and my dad could meet.
便于我妈和我爸见面
What movie did they see?
他们看的什么电影
I have no idea.
我不知道
I never asked.
我从没问过
She’s great, you know? Yeah.
她很棒 你知道吗 嗯
I know.
我知道
I feel good about the surgery.
我对手术感觉很好
Yeah. Me, too. These doctors know what they’re doing.
我也是 这些医生懂他们在做什么
No, they don’t.
不 他们不知道
They’re just winging it like everybody else.
他们是即兴表演 像其他人一样
Oh fuck.
他妈的
Hey, it’s me.
嘿 是我
So, um, I tried making some Pakistani food,
我试着做巴基斯坦菜
uh, to surprise you, and either I’m a bad cook
给你惊喜 不是我厨艺不好
or all Pakistani food is terrible.
就是巴基斯坦食物都很可怕
I don’t know yet. Bye!
我还不知道 再见
Hey, it’s me. Um, if you just want to come over
嘿 是我 如果你想过来
and, like, kiss me for two seconds,
然后吻我两秒钟
I’d really love that tonight.
我真的很喜欢今晚
Okay, bye.
好的 再见
Hey, it’s me. So, uh, did you want to meet at the gallery?
嘿 是我 你想不想约在画廊
Oh, my God!
上帝
Oh, my God!
上帝
Oh, my God! A bird just hit me in the head!
上帝 一只鸟撞了我的头
Oh, my God! I’m not kidding!
我的天 我没开玩笑
I’ll call you right back. Oh, my God, is it okay?
我马上给你回电♥话♥ 天哪 没事吧
The infection around the lungs has been removed.
肺部周围的感染已经被清除
We should be able to pull her out soon.
我们应能尽快把她弄醒
Oh, boy! Whew.
哦 孩子
Oh. Well, how soon?
哦 那么 多快
She should be up by tomorrow morning at the latest.
她应该在明天早上醒来
Oh, wow.
哦 喔
We’ll also test the pleural fluid from the thoracentesis
我们还会用胸腔穿刺术测试胸腔液 以便采用
to create a more targeted antibiotic strategy.
更有针对性的 抗生素治疗方案
So this is good news? It’s very good news.
这算好消息吗 算好消息
Yeah. We’ll just hold on to her
是的 我们再观察她
for a few more days, and then you can have her back.
几天 她就可以出院了
She’s a fighter, right?
她是个斗士 对吧
Yes.
是的
I was so worried.
我很担心
We saw on the news that a train derailed,
新闻上看到火车出轨
and we thought that you were on the train,
我们以为你在火车上
and you had died.
你已经死了
Nobody died on that train, Ma.
没人死在火车上面 妈
But did they look under the train?
那他们有没有检查火车下面
So where were you last night? What were you doing?
昨晚你在哪 你在做什么
Nothing. I wasn’t doing anything.
没什么 我什么都没做
Kumail? All right, I’ll tell you.
库米尔 好吧 我交代
Tell. I was
交代吧 我
I was studying for the LSAT.
我在法学院入学考试复习
Really? Yup.
真的 嗯
I signed up, and if I pass, I’m going to go to law school
我报名了 如果通过 我要上法学院
and become a lawyer
成为一名律师
and do law.
从事法律事务
Hmm.

Oh, let me see who that could be.
让我看看那是谁
Really, Dad? What?
真的吗 爸爸 什么

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!