爱德华.佩瑞曼.科尔 在五月去世了
Edward perriman cole died in may.
那是在一个周日的下午 天空万里无云
It was a sunday afternoon, and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky.
人生的功过是非 很难衡量
It’s difficult to understand the sum of a person’s life.
有人说取决于他所留下事物
Some people will tell you it’s measured by the ones left behind.
有人让信仰来评定
Some believe it can be measured in faith.
有人说爱能衡量一切
Some say by love.
还有人说人生根本就没有意义
Other folks say life has no meaning at all.
我?
Me?
我相信你可以
I believe that you measure yourself
用那些以你为度量标准的人来衡量自己
by the people who measured themselves by you.
而我所肯定的就是 无论你如何度量
What I can tell you for sure is that, by any measure
爱德华.寇尔在这世上活的最后日子
edward cole lived more in his last days on earth
比大部分人穷取一生的日子还要充实
than most people manage to wring out of a lifetime.
我知道当他去世时 他的双眼是闭上的
I know that when he died, his eyes were closed
而他的心灵却是敞开的
and his heart was open.
说出姓氏以H开头的五个总统的名字
name the five presidents whose last names begin with the letter h
H?
H?
沃伦.G.哈定 拉塞福德.b.海斯 赫伯特.胡佛
Warren g. harding, rutherford b. hayes, herbert hoover
还有两个都姓哈里森 分别叫本杰明和威廉.亨利
and the two harrisons, benjamin and william henry.

Ah.
我还以为两个harrison能难倒你呢
Thought I’d get you with the double harrisons.
-哈哈哈 -你很变♥态♥ 你知道吗
Ha-ha-ha. – you’re sick, you know?
这就叫变♥态♥吗 你知不知道他们的老婆的名字
You think that’s sick, can you name their wives?
-不行 -我也不行
– no. – neither can i.
-喂 修车王卡特 -我在
-yo, cartey-car! -yo!
-他们什么时候要那辆大黄蜂 -昨天
– when they need the camaro, man? – yesterday.
-好 我又找到一个 -尽管问
-all right, I got one for you. -all right.
谁发明了收音机
Who invented the radio?
挺难的
That’s a hard one.
你知道吗 终于有你不会的了
what do you know, I finally got you. no.
问题的关键是 究竟是谁发明了收音机
I don’t know if you want who they think invented the radio
还是真正的发明收音机的那个人
or the person who actually invented the radio.
在这儿是指
Well, in here it says
马可尼 对不对
Marconi, right?
没错 还能有谁呢
Yeah, it ain’t him?
普罗大众都认为是他发明了收音机
He’s the one they generally think invented the radio.
事实上 1909年他获得了诺贝尔奖
In fact, he got a nobel prize for it in 1909.
真♥相♥是一个叫做尼古拉.特斯拉的家伙
Truth is a guy named nikola tesla…
在1♥8♥9♥6年就为收音机的构想申请了专利
…patented the basic idea for the radio in 1♥8♥9♥6.
几年之后马可尼用了专利中的几处相同概念
Same idea marconi used for his patent several years later.
特斯拉一直为此事与马可尼斗争 直到1943年他去世为止
Tesla fought marconi till the day he died in 1943.
同年 最高法♥院♥宣告
Same year the supreme court ruled…
马可尼的专利无效
that marconi’s patent was invalid…
特斯拉终被平♥反♥为收音机的发明者
recognizing tesla as the inventor of the radio.
卡特
Carter.
你太变♥态♥了
You really are sick.
你好 吉妮
Oh, hi, ginnie.
哦 挺好 时间呢 他们怎么说
Well, good. about time. what did they say?
好吧 那意味着什么
All right, what does that mean?
鲁哇克香猫咖啡 世界上最稀有的饮品
Kopi luwak. the rarest beverage in the world.
尝一小口
Take a whiff.

Go ahead.
寇尔先生 董事会已准备好听你的提案
Uh, mr. cole, the board is ready to hear your proposal.
等一下下
Hold on just a second.
来 继续
Go ahead. go on.
怎样
Well?
真不错
Really good.
真不错
Really good.
寇尔先生?
Mr. cole. sir?
吉姆 你知道庸俗是什么吗
Do you know what a philistine is, jim?
先生 我叫理查德
Sir, it’s richard.
没错 费尔 出动你的如簧巧舌吧
That’s right, phil. give them the spiel.
谢谢 主席先生 主管们
Thank you, mr. chairman, fellow supervisors.
我们寇尔集团财务的管理不善
We at the cole group feel the decline of the winwood hospital…
直接造成了温伍德医院的衰败
…is a direct result of significant fiscal mismanagement.
请原谅 我们医院…
I beg your pardon, this hospital…
日常开支近2倍
overhead costs are nearly double.
你们的租金和置业费用高得不可置信
Your lease and land costs were similarly overbid.
在科研分♥析♥ 儿科 肿瘤学和核磁共振等领域的贡献
Donations have atrophied to the point you’ve fallen far behind
萎缩到了有史以来曲线的最低点
the curve in research, pediatrics, oncology and mri.
7年来 寇尔集团私有化了15家公立医院
The cole group has privatized 15 public hospitals in seven years…
每一家目前都为社区提供 或即将提供
…each of which now provides, or will soon provide…
最高标准的医疗服务
…the highest standard of medical care to their communities.
人手问题就不管了吗
despite being grossly understaffed?
越好的医生 越需要…
the better the doctor, the need…
床位怎么办 外面在传你们收太多病人
What about beds? there are rumors you increased the number
挤都挤不下了
of patients to the point of overpopulation.
病人的密度一直是…
Patient density has always been…
还有急诊室 这可是众所周知的…
And your emergency rooms, I mean, they are known…
我开的是医院 不是健康疗养所
I run hospitals, not health spas.
一个房♥间两张床 无一例外
Two beds to a room, no exceptions.
听着 我和米雪尔.费弗约好了来这儿吃午饭
Look, I passed up a lunch with michelle pfeiffer to be here…
我们能否尽早停止惺惺作态
…so can we desist from all of this inane posturing?
男孩女孩们 你们需要我
Boys and girls, you need me.
而我却不需要你们
I do not need you.
这信封里有一张大额支票
Now, there’s a sizeable check in this envelope…
如果决定了就请随便使用吧
…let me know if you decide to cash it.
寇尔先生 你没事吧
Mr. cole, are you all right?
你在这儿干嘛
What are you doing here?
为生命而战斗啊 你呢
Oh, you know, fighting for my life. you?
我只是有点惊奇…
Uh, no, I was just surprised…
我并不在乎保险
and I don’t care about the insurance!
去告诉那个脑子糊了屎的医生 必须告诉我
And tell dr. shit-for-brains i wanna know everything
为什么一定要我打这一针光霉素
about this bleomycin drip he wants to get me on.
我听说它会吞噬你的肺
I hear it eats your lungs.
等我下个月去国会座谈时
When I address congress next month…
我不想通过喉咙里的洞来呼吸
…i don’t want to do it breathing through a hole in my throat.
-其实并不完全是这样 -这家伙是谁
– that’s not exactly what happens. – who the hell is this guy?
-汤马斯在哪儿 汤姆 -我在这儿呢 先生
– where’s thomas? tom! – in plain view, sir.
-你好 汤姆 -我们要把你挪上♥床♥
– hi, tom. – we’re gonna move you into the bed.
我能自己来 我还没死呢
I can do it myself. I ain’t dead yet.
现在怎样
How about now?
我最近炒你鱿鱼了吗
Have I fired you lately?
自从奥普拉事件以来还没有
Not since the oprah incident.
-他是个好人 -对 好员工
– that was a good one. ha-ha-ha. – yeah, it’s good stuff.
那他妈是谁
Who the hell is that?
你♥他♥妈♥又是谁
Who the hell are you?
他说 “你♥他♥妈♥…?”
He said, “who the hell…?”
天哪 我在哪儿 这是停尸房♥吗
Oh, god. what am i, in the morgue?
那是我第一次将目光停留在爱德华.寇尔身上
That was the first time I laid eyes on edward cole.
一个不祥的开始 一定是这样
An inauspicious beginning, to be sure.
放过我吧 亲爱的上帝
Oh, spare me. sweet jesus.
我讨厌这些… 我讨厌针管
I hate these… I hate tubes!
要是接下来3个星期里
I’ll be damned if I’m gonna spend the next three weeks
我都挨着这个家伙一起睡的话 我一定会死的
laying next to this guy.
怪人一个 像个半死人
Zombie boy. looks half-dead already.
你不能住单间
You can’t have your own room.
不然会造成巨大的公♥关♥问题
It would create an enormous pr problem.
我没有定过这样的鬼规矩
I don’t give a shit about pr.
我要住单间 这是我的医院 没天理啊
I want my own room. it’s my hospital, for chrissake.
别告诉我不能住单间
Don’t tell me I can’t have my own room.
无意冒犯 保尔
No offense, pal.
这政策你已公开辩护过无数次
You have publicly defended this policy countless times.
你开的是医院 不是健康疗养所
You run hospitals, not health spas.
一个房♥间两张床 无一例外
two beds to a room, no exceptions.
我从前没有生过病
I’ve never been sick before.
好吧 艾尔德瑞吉医生马上就要来给您打麻醉
Okay, dr. eldridge will be in in a minute to dot you up, okay?
打麻醉
Dot me up.
上帝
Jesus.
汤马斯
Thomas

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!