Although each of the world’s countries
尽管世界各地的人
would like to dispute this fact,
会为这个事实争论不休
we French know the truth:
但法国人都知道这是不变的真理
The best food in the world is made in France.
那就是世上 最上等的美食出自法国人之手
The best food in France is made in Paris.
最好的法国菜在巴黎
And the best food in Paris, some say, is made by Chef Auguste Gusteau.
巴黎最好的美食出自 名叫”奥古斯汀.食神”的大厨
Gusteau’s restaurant is the toast of Paris,
食神餐厅是巴黎的骄傲
booked five months in advance.
你必须提前五个月订位
And his dazzling ascent to the top of fine French cuisine
他的甜点 名列法国美食前五名
has made his competitors envious.
即便是对手也非常嫉妒
He is the youngest chef ever to achieve a five star rating.
他是有史以来 最年轻的五星大厨
Chef Gusteau’s cookbook, Anyone Can Cook!
食神的书:《料理非难事》
Climbed to the top of the bestseller list.
是畅销书排行榜上的第一名
But not everyone celebrates its success.
但不是人人都为他的成功而喝彩
Amusing title, Anyone Can Cook!
他的书名非常滑稽, 谁都可以做料理!
What’s even more amusing is that Gusteau actually seems to believe it.
更滑稽的是他似乎非常相信这一点
I, on the other hand, take cooking seriously.
像我这样严肃看待烹饪的人来说
And, no, I don’t think anyone can do it.
我不认为每个人都能成为大厨师
片名:料理鼠王
This is me.
这就是我
I think it’s apparent I need to rethink my life a little bit.
我想我该反省一下我的生活了
What’s my problem?
有什么问题呢?
First of all, I’m a rat.
首先 我是一只老鼠
Which means life is hard.
这意味生活是相当困苦
And second, I have a highly developed sense of taste and smell.
第二 我的味觉和嗅觉相当发达
Flour, eggs, sugar, vanilla bean…
面粉 鸡蛋 糖 香草豆…
Oh! Small twist of lemon.
噢! 一小块柠檬皮
Whoa, you can smell all that? You have a gift.
你连这个也闻得出来 你太有天分了!
This is Emile, my brother. He’s easily impressed.
这是大米 我的兄弟 他很容易被小事感动
So you can smell ingredients? So what?
闻得出食物成分那又怎么样?
This is my dad. He’s never impressed.
这是我老爸 他总是一付酷样
He also happens to be the leader of our clan.
他也是”鼠辈族群”的老大
So, what’s wrong with having highly developed senses?
拥有高度发达的嗅觉 有什么麻烦呢?
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Don’t eat that! What’s going on here?
哇 哇 哇! 别吃那个! 这是怎么回事?
Turns out that funny smell was rat poison.
最后证实那个怪味是老鼠药
Suddenly, Dad didn’t think my talent was useless.
老爸突然觉得 我的天分也不是没有丝毫用处
I was feeling pretty good about my gift,
我因此自傲起来
until Dad gave me a job.
直到老爸给了我一个任务
Clean.
安全
Clean.
安全
That’s right. Poison checker.
对了 那就是毒物检测员
Cleanerific.
安全
Cleanerino.
非常安全
Close to godliness.
近乎纯净
Which means clean. You know, cleanliness is close to…
就是安全的意思 你知道, 就是非常的…
Never mind. Move on.
算了别在意 继续
Well, it made my dad proud.
这让老爸相当自豪
Now, don’t you feel better, Remy? You’ve helped a noble cause.
不错吧? 小米 有没有高尚的感觉
Noble? We’re thieves, Dad.
高尚? 我们是贼 爸爸
And what we’re stealing is, let’s face it, garbage.
而我们偷的 其实就是垃圾
It isn’t stealing if no one wants it.
都是别人不要的东西
If no one wants it, why are we stealing it?
如果是别人不要的东西 我们干嘛还要偷?
Let’s just say we have different points of view.
这样说吧 那只是价值观不同
This much I knew:
至少我知道
If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff.
如果要我选择 我只吃好东西
But to my dad…
但是对我老爸来说…
Food is fuel.
食物就是燃料
You get picky about what you put in the tank, your engine is gonna die.
如果油箱没有燃料 你就会像发动不了的引擎般死掉
Now shut up and eat your garbage.
现在闭嘴 吃你的垃圾吧
Look, if we’re going to be thieves,
反正我们都是贼了
why not steal the good stuff in the kitchen,
为什么不去偷厨房里的好东西
where nothing is poisoned?
那里的东西都没有毒
First of all, we are not thieves.
首先 我们不是贼
Secondly, stay out of the kitchen and away from the humans.
第二 不准踏入厨房半步 离那些人类远点
It’s dangerous.
那样很危险
I know I’m supposed to hate humans,
我知道我要痛恨人类才对
but there’s something about them.
但是他们有很迷人的东西
They don’t just survive. They discover, they create.
除了求生存 他们同时发明和创造
I mean, just look at what they do with food.
看看他们处理食物就知道
GUS TEAU ON TV: How can I describe it?
该怎么形容呢?
Good food is like music you can taste, color you can smell.
美食就像可口的音乐 闻得到的色彩
There is excellence all around you.
你的身边处处皆美食
You need only be aware to stop and savor it.
你只须留心并伫足品尝
Oh, Gusteau was right.
食神说得对
Oh, mmm, yeah.
噢 太棒了
Oh, amazing.
哦 太神奇了
Each flavor was totally unique.
每一种食物都有独自的口味
But combine one flavor with another,
但是把两种味道混合
and something new was created.
一种新的口味又诞生了
So now I had a secret life.
现在我的生活 有不为鼠知的另一面
The only one who knew about it was Emile.
唯一知道的是大米
Hey, Emile. Emile.
嘿 大米 大米
I found a mushroom.
我找到了一点蘑菇
Come on, you’re good at hiding food. Help me find a good place to put this.
快点 你最擅长藏食物了 帮我找个好地方藏起来
He doesn’t understand me, but I can be myself around him.
他不了解我 所以我可以自在地和他在一地
Why are you walking like that?
你为什么要那样走路?
I don’t want to constantly have to wash my paws.
我不想老是洗脚掌
Did you ever think about how we walk on the same paws
想想看 用来走路的脚掌
that we handle food with?
同时抓食物放进嘴里
You ever think about what we put into our mouths?
想一想那多不卫生呀
All the time.
不都是这样吗?
When I eat, I don’t want to taste everywhere my paws have been.
吃饭的时候 我不想尝到脚掌上的味道
Well, go ahead.
好吧 你继续
But if Dad sees you walking like that, he’s not going to like it.
但如果被你爸爸看到 他会火冒三丈
What have you got there?
你找到什么东西?
You found cheese?
奶酪?
And not just any cheese. Tomme de chevre de pays!
而且不是一般的奶酪 是阿尔卑斯山羊奶酪
That would go beautifully with my mushroom.
这跟我的蘑菇简直是天作之合
And…
加上…
This rosemary! This rosemary
迷迭香! 迷迭香
with maybe with a few drops from this sweet grass.
再滴几滴香草汁
Well, throw it on the pile, I guess, and then we’II… You know…
丢进垃圾和在一起吃 我想那会…你知道
We don’t want to throw this in with the garbage. This is special.
别和垃圾搅在一起 这是特别的食物
But we’re supposed to return to the colony
但在我们应该赶在日落前回家
before sundown or, you know, Dad’s gonna…
你知道的 不然老爸会…
Emile!
大米
There are possibilities unexplored here.
这可能是一桩新发明
We got to cook this.
我们必须试试看
Now, exactly how we cook this is the real question…
但是如何煮了它倒是个问题
Yeah.
对了
The key is to keep turning it.
关键是保持旋转
Get the smoky flavor nice and even.
让烟熏的香气均匀分布
That storm’s getting closer.
那朵乌云越来越近了
Hey, Remy, you think that maybe we shouldn’t be so…
小米 我们也许不该太靠近…
You got to taste this!
你一定要尝尝这个味道
This is… It’s got this kind of… It’s burny, melty…
这是… 有点烧烤味… 又丰润多汁
It’s not really a smoky taste. It’s a certain… It’s kind of like a…
不像完全烟熏的味道 有点像…
It’s got, like, this “ba boom, zap” kind of taste. Don’t you think?
就像是”砰” 那种味道 你认为呢?
What would you call that flavor? Lightning y?
该怎么形容这种味道? 劈呖啪啦
Yeah. It’s lightning y! We got to do that again.
对 就是劈呖啪啦! 我们一定要再来一次
Okay, when the next storm comes, we’ll go up on the roof…
下一朵乌云来的时候 我们要上屋顶去…
I know what this needs! Saffron! A little saffron would make this!
我知道还需要什么 番红花! 再一点点番红花就行了
Saffron. Why do I get the feeling…
番红花 为什么我感觉它在…
it’s in the kitchen? It’s in the kitchen.
它在厨房里么? 是在厨房里
(番红花食谱) 用盐和胡椒调味 奶油爆炒…
Saffron. Not good.
番红花 情况不妙哟
Saffron.
番红花
Don’t like it. She’s gonna wake up.
嗯 我不喜欢这样 她就快要醒了
I’ve been down here a million times.
我去过下面无数次了
She turns on the cooking channel, boom, she never wakes up.
她每次都转到烹饪频道 然后睡到不省人事
You’ve been here a million times?
你已经来过这里无数次了?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!