然后它会转接到你们其中一人
and it gets routed over to one of you.
开始是随机的 但是一旦你开始和一位客户服务
Random at first, but once you start working with a customer,
因为持续的原因 以后会一直转接到你这里
they’ll continue to be routed over to you for the sake of continuity.
你收到询问 想办法回答
Um, you get the query, figure out the answer,
你回覆给他们 这就是工作的核心内容
you write them back, and that is the core of it.
理论上讲很简单的 听明白了?
Simple enough in theory. So far so good?
是的 很好
Uh, yeah. Cool.
我们假设你已经回覆了一位客户的问题
So let’s say you’ve answered a client’s question,
他们似乎很满意
and they seem satisfied.
这不只是你得到一个微笑还是一个皱眉 虽然这是工作的一部分
Now, it’s not just that you get a smile or a frown, though that is part of it.
你得到了微笑 总是一直是一个微笑的
You get your smile… it’s almost always a smile.
这是当你送去检验的
Um, that is when you send the survey.
检验是一串快速的提问 关于你整体的服务
The survey is a set of quick questions about, you know, your overall service,
你如何应对的 他们会很快反馈回来
how you did, and they send that immediately back,
然后你会明白你在这里做得是否正确 这是评分 你知道吗?
and you get to see how you did right here. That is the rating. Uh, you know what?
让我们实时做一个测试
Let’s just do a live one.
打扰 抱歉
Excuse me. Sorry.
好的
Okay.
祝你愉快
Have a nice day.
这很好 99分很不错的
That’s pretty good, 99 is good,
但是我忍♥不住问怎么不是100分 让我们看一下
but I can’t help wondering why it wasn’t 100. Let’s look.
好的
Okay.
搞定 有时候你只是会碰到某些对指标不怎么敏感的人
Boom. Sometimes you just encounter someone who isn’t really sensitive to the metrics.
所以询问他们很重要 确保你澄清了问题
So it’s important to ask them and make sure you get that clarity.
然后我们就拿回了完美的分数 是的
And we’re back to a perfect score, yeah.

Oh, wow.
好了 你准备好自己弄了吗?
All right, are you ready to do this on your own?
是的 很棒
Yes. Awesome.
原谅我 我非常抱歉
Excuse me. I’m terribly sorry.
嗨 你好吗?
Hey, how’s it going?
我以为你在阿姆斯特丹 哦 只是去了一天
I thought you were in Amsterdam. Oh, just for a day.
然后去了伦敦 再是纽约 现在在这里了
Then London, then New York, now here.
你不睡觉吗? 在飞机上睡了几个小时
Have You slept? a few hours on the plane.
吃了点药 我很好 你呢? 这是第一周
A couple pills, I’m good. So you? First week.
什么?
What?
你得了平均87分
You got an 87 average.
这就像是一个B的成绩 我离被解雇还有多久呢?
That’s like a solid B. How long till I’m fired?
听着 我刚开始的时候 花了我几周的时间
Listen, when I first started, it took me a few weeks
才真正地掌握它的窍门 相信我 好吗?
to really get the hang of it. Believe me, okay?
相信我 你干得不错 你很棒 好吗?
Believe me, you’re doing fine. You’re good, all right?
嗯哼
Mm hm.
你好 我是埃蒙.贝利
Hello, I’m Eamon Bailey.
你好
Hey.
谢谢 谢谢你 很高兴在这里全部见到你们
Thank you, thank you. So glad to see you all here.
自从我上次演讲以来,你们当中有很多人是新公♥司♥的
Now a bunch of you are new to the company since I last spoke,
那些孔雀鱼们都站起来吗?
so can the guppies all stand up?
对了 就是你 快 孔雀鱼们 站起来
Right, that’s you. Come on, guppies, just stand up.
喔 孔雀鱼们 站起来 快
Whoo! Guppies, stand up, come on.
恭喜你们 有你们加入这很棒
Congratulations, nice to have you.
现在孔雀鱼只是一个充满爱的名称 对你们这些小鱼苗来说
Now guppies is just an affectionate term for you baby fishies.
不久你们都会成长 变得有力量
Soon you will all grow to become powerful…
你们很可爱 我恨你
You’re adorable. I hate you.
这鱼…孔雀鱼成长锐变成为
…the fish that guppies grow up into being
它们会成为什么?
What do they grow up into?
不过怎么说 好了 这是“梦想周五”
Anyway, all right, this is Dream Friday,
这是我们展示最新创新的悠久传统的最新成果
the latest in our long tradition of presenting our newest innovations.
第一个“梦想周五”由泰.拉菲特发起
The first Dream Friday featured Ty Lafitte,
他是“真实的你”的发明者以及我们的奠基之父
the inventor of True You and our founding father.
通常 我们会展出以为我们的工程师或者愿景者
And usually, we feature one of our engineers or our visionaries
但是不幸的是今天只有我自己
but today unfortunately, it’s just me and for that,
我事先道歉
I apologize in advance.
我们爱你 埃蒙!
We love you, Eamon!
谢谢 妈妈
Thanks, Mom.
你们也许没见到我在园区
Now you might not have seen me around campus
在过去的几天里 也许你们会想
for the last few days, and maybe you were wondering
我到底去了哪里
just where the heck I’ve been.
冲浪
Surfing!
啊!
Argh!
你说对了 是的 我在冲浪
You got me! Yes, I’ve been surfing.
而这是我在这里要谈论的
And that’s part of what I’m here to talk about.
我热爱冲浪 在过去
I love to surf and in the past,
我必须得醒来 然后电♥话♥给本地的冲浪商店
I would have to wake up and call the local surf shop
问问当地的浪头情况 很快
to ask about the local breaks, and pretty soon,
那本地的冲浪商店不再接他们的电♥话♥了
the local surf shop stopped answering their phone.
然后我拿起了手♥机♥
And then I got a cell phone,
我打给那些已经在那里的伙计们
and I could call up my buddies who were already out
比我早到的伙计们 我会问他们
at the beach before me, and I could ask them,
但是他们 同意 不再接听电♥话♥了
but they, too, stopped answering their phones.
然后来到了
And then came…
网际网路
the Internet.
喔 哦
Whoa. Oh!
一些天才在海滩上架起了相机
Some geniuses set up cameras on the beaches,
这样我就可以登陆然后得到非常原始的图像
so I could log on and get some very crude images
那些在史汀森海滩的浪潮的图像
of the waves at Stinson Beach.
它们比我打电♥话♥给冲浪商店还糟糕
It was almost worse than calling the surf shop.
这就是它们以前的样子
Here’s how it used to look.
几乎没用 是吗?
Almost useless, right?
但是现在我们翻过了这一页
But now let’s refresh that page
用我们“环网”的视频递送展示那现场
and show the site with our new Circle video delivery.
现在看起来很棒 不是吗?
Now that looks pretty good, doesn’t it?
是的 也许我现在就会去那里
Yeah, maybe I should be out there right now.
但是让你惊讶的是
But would it surprise you to know
这不是来自某个大的相机
that this is not coming from some big camera
但是实际上只是这些其中之一?
but actually just one of these?
无线摄像头
This camera needs no wires.
通过卫星传送图像
It transmits this image via satellite.
今天早上我安装了这摄像头
I set up that camera this morning.
我把它安装在沙丘附近的一棵树上 没有得到许可 什么也没有
I stuck it to a tree near the dunes with no permit, nothing,
实际上 没人知道它就在那里
in fact, no one even knows it’s there.
实际上 今天早上我还真忙
And actually, I was pretty busy this morning
因为这里是蒙特拉的罗迪欧海滩
because here’s Rodeo Beach, Montera,
海洋海滩
Ocean Beach,
要塞点
Fort Point.
这是我的前院
This is my front yard.
这是我的后院
And here’s my backyard.
这是101公路的交通状况
Here’s traffic on the 101.
哦 你会认为这只是一个摄像头吗?
Oh, did you think this was just a camera?
不 欢迎来到实时分♥析♥处理
No, welcome to real time analytic processing.
当你看到这个 你会得到这个
When you see this, you’re also getting this.
空气质量 交通流量 天气预报 生物识别技术
Air quality, traffic volume, weather patterns, biometrics,
脸部识别 储存下来然后可以搜索 所有一切都是为了更好服务你
facial recognition, saved and searchable, all to serve you better.
朋友们 我们准备在几个月里零售这摄像头
My friends, we are looking at retailing these in just a few months
不到一条牛仔裤的价格
for less than a pair of jeans.
我不是说很好的牛仔裤
And I’m not talking about fancy jeans.
我是说像我穿着的这条牛仔裤
I’m talking about the ones like I’m wearing.

Wow!
现在 “环网”人 你们喜欢这分享吗?
Now, Circlers… do you like to share?
分享就是关怀
Sharing is caring!
分享就是关怀 我想你们是那么说的
Sharing is caring. I thought you might say that.
分享就是关怀? 分享就是关怀
Sharing is caring? Sharing is caring.
我有一打的帮手在全球 现在就携带着这些摄像头
I have a dozen helpers all over the world right now carrying these cameras.
想像一下人♥权♥的影响
Imagine the human rights implications.
活动家们不再需要拿着摄像机
Activists no longer have to hold up a camera.
现在很容易把一个摄像头粘贴在墙上
Now it’s as easy as gluing a camera to a wall,
事实上 我们已经做了这个
and actually, we’ve done just that.
你看到这里有任何摄像头吗?
Do you see any cameras here?
没有
No.
我们在这里布置了144个摄像头 只花了我们一天的时间
We have 144 cameras in place here, and it took us just a day to do it,
他们虚拟隐身
and they’re virtually invisible.
它们有很多颜色 所以伪装是小事一桩
They come in every color, so camouflaging is a cinch.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!