我相信人类的完美性
I am a believer in the perfectibility of human beings.
当我们状态是最好的时候,可能性是无限的
When we are our best selves, the possibilities are endless.
我们没有解决不了的问题
There isn’t a problem that we cannot solve.
.我们可以治愈任何疾病,我们可以结束饥饿,而且
We can cure any disease and we can end hunger, and..
没有秘密,没有知识和信息的囤积
Without secrets, without the hoarding of knowledge and information,
我们最终可以认识到自己的潜力
we can finally realize our potential.
这是一个特殊的“梦想周五”
This is a special Dream Friday.
我想今天我要稍微改变一下,不要发表演讲,而是去面试
I thought I’d change it up a bit today and not have a speech but an interview.
前几天我和一个年轻的“环网”员工聊天
I had a conversation with a young Circler the other day
我想和你们分享
that I wanted to share with you.
我已经邀请媚.荷兰 你们中的一些人可能知道她
I’ve asked Mae Holland, who some of you might know
作为我们客户体验部门新的孔雀鱼一员 今天来和我一起
as one of our new guppies in customer experience, to join me today.
媚和我们在一起只有几个月 但她给我们留下了深刻的印象
Mae’s only been with us for a few months but she has made quite an impression.
让我们有请她 媚.荷兰!
Let’s bring her out. Mae Holland!
嗨 媚 你好吗?
Well, hi, Mae, how are you?
非常好 嗯
Terrified. Mm.
别紧张
Don’t be nervous.
你说得容易
Easy for you to say.
好了 媚 我们都看过了
All right, Mae, we have all seen
那天晚上“看见变化”摄像头的录像
the SeeChange footage from the other night,
但是请描述一下发生了什么
but please describe what happened for us.
我犯了罪
I committed a crime.
我没得到主人的同意就借了橡皮艇
I borrowed a kayak without the owner’s knowledge,
划到海湾中♥央♥
paddled out to the middle of the bay,
而且我没有穿救生衣
and I wasn’t wearing a life jacket.
我不确定这是不是重要犯罪
Well, I’m not sure that’s exactly a capital offense,
但你的确冒着生命危险
but you did risk your own life.
那么,媚,你认为你表现得更好还是更差
So, Mae, do you think you behave better or worse
当你被监视的时候? 更好
when You are being watched? Better.
非常肯定
Without a doubt.
当你独自一人,没有观察到的时候会发生什么?
And what happens when you’re alone and unobserved?
首先,我偷了橡皮艇
Well, for starters, I steal kayaks.
天呐 她是个白♥痴♥
Jesus. She’s a natural.
说真的 我做我不想做的事
Seriously. I do things I don’t wanna do.
我撒谎
I lie.
那天我们说的时候,你有办法把它说出来
When we spoke the other day, you had a way of putting it
我认为这是非常有趣和简洁的
that I thought was very interesting and succinct.
你能告诉我们你说了什么吗?
Could you tell us all what you said?
我说过秘密是谎言
I said that secrets are lies.
秘密是谎言
Secrets are lies.
继续
Go on.
秘密使犯罪成为可能
Secrets are what make crimes possible.
当我们不负责的时候,我们会表现得更糟糕
We behave worse when we’re not accountable.
我当时情况很糟糕
I was my worst self
因为我觉得没有人在看
because I didn’t think anyone was watching.
我想
I thought…
我是一个人
that I was alone.
你在这次划橡皮艇旅行中看到了什么 媚?
So, what did you see on this kayaking trip, Mae?
它很美吗? 是的
Was it beautiful? It was.
几乎是满月
There was almost a full moon.
这感觉
And it felt like…
感觉就像我在液态银上划桨
it felt like I was paddling through liquid silver.
听起来不可思议
Hmm, sounds incredible.
但是没有任何记录
But there’s no record of any of it.
是的 只在我自己的记忆里 嗯
Not outside my own memory. Hmm.
好的
Okay.
现在我们来讨论一些个人问题
So now here we get into something personal.
如你所知,我有一个儿子,刚那
As you know, I have a son, Gunner,
他生来就患有脑性麻痹
who was born with cerebral palsy.
尽管他过着充实的生活
And though he’s living a very full life
我们一直在努力改善他的机会
and we’re always trying to improve his opportunities,
他被限制在轮椅上
he is confined to a wheelchair.
他不能走路
He can’t walk.
不能跑步
He can’t run.
不能去划桨
He can’t go kayaking.
那么,如果他想要经历这样的事情,他会怎么做呢?
So, what does he do if he wants to experience something like that?
他观看录像
Well, he watches video.
看着这些照片
He looks at pictures.
他在世界上的许多经历都是通过别人的经历来实现的
And much of his experiences of the world come through the experience of others.
当他体验到攀登肯尼亚山脉的时候
When he experiences the view of a Circler climbing Mount Kenya,
他觉得自己好像在攀登肯尼亚山
he feels like he’s climbed Mount Kenya.
当他看到来自“美国杯”的一名队员的第一手录像时
When he sees firsthand video from an America’s Cup crew member,
他在某种程度上感觉自己也在“美国杯”上航行
he feels in some way that he’s sailed in the America’s Cup too.
这些经验是由慷慨的人类促成的
And these experiences were facilitated by generous humans
他们分享了他们眼中的世界,包括我的儿子
who shared what they saw with the world, my son included,
还有许多人就像刚那一样
and there are many others out there that are just like Gunner.
现在 剥夺他们你看到的东西的权利
Now does it feel right to have deprived them
感觉是对的吗 媚?
of seeing what you saw, Mae?
不对
It doesn’t.
非常错误
It feels very wrong.
这样很自私
It was selfish.
当你剥夺别人 像我拥有的一样的经历
When you deprive others of experiences like the ones I had,
你本质上是在偷他们的东西
you’re essentially stealing from them.
知识是一项基本人♥权♥
Knowledge is a basic human right.
获得所有可能的人类踢验是一项基本人♥权♥
Access to all possible human experience is a basic human right.
谢谢你 媚 感谢你的坦诚和你完美的人性
Thank you, Mae, for your candor and your consummate humanity.
现在…现在是最好的部分
Now… now the best part.
为了与世界分享她所能分享的一切
In the interest of sharing everything she can with the world,
媚有一些新闻
Mae has, uh… Mae has some news.
从现在开始
From now on…
我将一直戴一个改良过的“看见变化”摄像头
I’ll be wearing a modified SeeChange camera at all times.
我要完全透明
I’m going fully transparent.
嗯,也许不是在浴室里
Well, maybe not in the bathroom.
我将立即开始
I’ll be starting immediately.
很好
That’s right.
媚将是第一个分享每一秒的“环网”员工
Mae will be the first Circler to share every single second
分享她的工作和她的个人生活给公众
of her work and her personal life with the public,
所以让我们给她热烈鼓掌
so let’s give her an even bigger hand!
我为你自豪
I’m proud of you.
媚! 媚! 媚! 媚!
媚! 媚! 媚! 媚!
你们好
Hello.
各位 早上好
Good morning, everyone.
阳光灿烂,我确实得喝点咖啡
The sun is shining, and I definitely need my coffee.
我们已经进入透明的第三周
We are in my third week of transparency,
我们已经到了有
and we’re up to…
2,30万8,007观看者
2,308,007 viewers.

Wow.
我跟你们说过我不是早起的人吗?
Did I tell you guys I’m not a morning person?
好的,在所有这些观众中
Okay, among all of those viewers…

are…
我甚至不知道 你好,妈妈,嗨,爸爸
I don’t even know what Hi, Mom, hi, Dad.
嗨 嗨 媚
Hi! Hi, Mae.
各位好
Say hello to everyone.
你好 “环网”
Hello, Circle.
看 我们很相称
Look. We match.
是的 当然
Yeah. We sure do.
这些很棒 非常时尚
These are great. Very stylish.
我爱你们 我过会再见你
I love you guys. I’ll see you later.
爱你们 再见 也爱你,宝贝
Love you. Bye. Love you too, sweetheart.
你们好 “环网”员工们 你好 媚
Hello, Circlers. Hi, Mae.
这就是我第一次来到“环网”的时候工作的地方
So this is where I worked when I first arrived at the Circle,
.这就是我在这“环网”公♥司♥工作的地方
and this is where I still work at the Circle
因为即使我让你们看着我的肩膀
Because even though I have you guys looking over my shoulder…
我基本上还是一条孔雀鱼
I’m still basically a guppy.
开始 加油! 加油! 加油!
Go! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!
哦 上帝
Oh, my God!
你在做什么? 讲讲你自己的故事,绵羊
What are you doing? Tell your own stories, sheep.
别再看我们了,绵羊
Stop looking at us, sheep!
好了,这就是我们的场景
All right, that’s our scene.

Whoo!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!