Does it, Paul?
没有
No.
哈尔知道约翰是无辜的吗
Does Hal know? That Coffey’s innocent, l mean.
他能帮忙吗
Well, can he help?
凭他的影响力 能帮上忙吗
Does he have the influence to do something about this?
他能消取死刑吗
Stop the execution?
不能
No.
那就别告诉他
Then don’t tell him.
帮不上忙 就别告诉他
If it can’t help, don’t tell him.
永远别说
Ever.
我不会说的
I won’t.
你也没法解决这事 对吧
There’s no way out of this for you, is there?

No.
但我真的在想该怎么办
And I’ve been thinking about it, believe me.
我想尽了各种办法
I’ve been running it through my head any number of ways.
说实话 亲爱的
I’ll tell you the truth, honey.
我这辈子也曾做过不光彩的事
I’ve done some things in my life that I am not proud of
但我这次是第一次觉得自己该下地狱
but this is the first time I’ve ever felt real danger of hell.
地狱?
Hell?
去和他谈谈
Talk to him.
和约翰谈谈
Talk to John.
看看他想要什么
Find out what he wants.
你好 老板
Hello, boss.
你好 约翰
Hello, John.
你应该知道就要轮到你了
I guess you know we’re coming down to it now.
几天之后吧
Another couple of days.
你那天晚上想吃点什么?
Is there anything special you wanna eat that night?
我们会尽量满足你
We can rustle you up most anything.
我想吃肉卷 洋芋泥和肉汁
Meat loaf be nice. Mashed taters, gravy.
秋葵浓汤
Okra.
还有你太太做的玉米面包
Maybe some of that fine corn bread your missus make
如果她不介意的话
if she don’t mind.
那么
Now
要不要神父?
what about a preacher?
他可以为你祷告
Somebody to say a little prayer with.
我不要神父
Don’t want no preacher.
你要的话 可以祷告
You can say a prayer, if you like.
我?
Me?
有必要的话 我会为你祷告
Suppose I could, if it came to that.
我要问你一件很重要的事
I have to ask you something very important now.
我知道你想说什么
I know what you gonna say.
你不用开口
You don’t have to say it.
不行 我必须说
No, I do. I do. I have to say it.
约翰
John
告诉我 你要我怎么做
Tell me what you want me to do.
要我放你走吗
You want me to take you out of here?
让你能逃多远就逃多远?
Just let you run away? See how far you could get?
你为什么要做这种傻事?
Why would you do such a foolish thing?
当我在大限之日
On the day of my judgment
站在上帝面前接受审判时
when I stand before God
他若问我为什么
and He asks me why did I
为什么毁了他的
did I kill one of His true…
神迹
miracles
我该怎么回答?
what am I going to say?
因为那是我的工作吗
That it was my job?
这确实是我的工作
It’s my job.
你告诉天父 你这是在行善
You tell God the Father it was a kindness you done.
我知道你很伤心 很烦恼
I know you’re hurting and worrying.
我感觉得出来
I can feel it on you.
但你应该释怀了
But you ought to quit on it now.
我想做个了结
I want it to be over and done with.
真的
I do.
我好累 老板
I’m tired, boss.
我不想再像孤鸟一样单飞
Tired of being on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain.
我不想再过没有朋友的日子
I’m tired of never having me a buddy to be with
我希望能有人告诉我该何去何从
to tell me where we’s going to, coming from, or why.
我不想再看到人间的尔虞我诈
Mostly, I’m tired of people being ugly to each other.
我不想每日再承担全世界的
I’m tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world
痛苦
every day.
世上的痛苦实在太多
There’s too much of it.
像碎玻璃般无时无刻地
It’s like pieces of glass in my head
刺痛我的脑袋
all the time.
你明白吗
Can you understand?
我大概明白 约翰
Yes, John, I think I can.
我们一定能为你做些什么吧 约翰
Well, there must be something we can do for you, John.
你一定有什么愿望想实现吧
There must be something that you want.
我从没看过电影
I ain’t never seen me a flicker show.
天堂
Heaven
我在天堂
I’m in heaven
心跳加速 无法言语
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak
好似在追寻我的幸福
And I seem to find the happiness I seek
就在我俩相聚 贴近漫舞之时
When we’re out together dancing cheek to cheek
他们是天使
Why, they’s angels.
天使 就像是在天堂里一样
Angels, just like up in heaven.
我不会有事的 各位
I’ll be all right, fellas.
这是最难熬的一段
This here’s the hard part.
待会儿我就会没事了
I’ll be all right in a while.
约翰
John
我先替你保管着
I should have this just for now.
待会儿再还给你
I’ll give it back after.
知道吗 我今天下午做了一个梦
You know, I fell asleep this afternoon and had me a dream.
我梦见戴尔的老鼠
I dreamed about Del’s mouse.
是吗 约翰?
Did you, John?
我梦见金格先生去了
I dreamed Mr. Jingles got down to that place
豪威老大说的那个地方
Boss Howell talked about.
那个老鼠村
That Mouseville place.
我梦见好多小孩子
I dreamed there’s kids.
他们被它逗得乐不可支
And how they laughed at his tricks. My!
那两个金发小女孩也在那里
I dreamed those two little blonde-headed girls was there.
她们也好开心
They’s laughing too.
我把她们抱到我的膝上
I put my arms around them and set them on my knees.
她们没有流血
And they was no blood coming out of they hair
一切都平安无事
and they’s just fine.
我们在一起观看金格先生玩滚筒
We all watched Mr. Jingles roll that spool.
我们尽情大笑 笑到肚子疼
How we did laugh. Fit to bust, we was!
这里有好多恨我的人
They’s lots of folks here that hate me. Lots!
我能感觉到
I can feel it.
就像是被蜜蜂蛰一样
It’s like bees stinging me.
试着感受我们的感觉
Well, feel how we feel, then.
我们不恨你
We don’t hate you.
感觉到了吗
Can you feel that?
杀他两次
Kill him twice, you boys!
这个杀人魔死两次都不够
You go on and kill that raping babykiller twice!
多杀几次更好
That’d be fine!
起身之前 把眼泪擦了 迪恩
Wipe your face before you stand up, Dean.
知道了 长官
Yes, sir.
开机
Roll on one.
开始痛了吗
Does it hurt yet? I hope it does.
真希望痛死你
I hope it hurts like hell.
约翰.科菲
John Coffey
你被陪审团宣判
you’ve been condemned to die in the electric chair
电刑处死
by a jury of your peers.
并由本州法官许可执行
Sentence imposed by a judge in good standing in this state.
临刑之前你有什么遗言吗
Do you have anything to say before sentence is carried out?
我的降生就是种罪过
I’m sorry for what I am.
求求你 老板
Please, boss
不要给我套头套
don’t put that thing over my face.
别把我关在黑暗中
Don’t put me in the dark.
我怕黑
I’s afraid of the dark.
好吧 约翰
All right, John.
天堂 我在天堂

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!