They are not acting, they are real people crying.
你会知道虚无
You will know nothingness –
这就是唯一的真实
it is the only reality.
我希望最后的部分是一部纪录片
I wanted the last part to be a documentary.
不要害怕
Don’t be afraid. It’s so easy to give.
我想从一部虚构的电影变成一部纪录片
I wanted to go from a fictional film to a documentary.
很容易给予
你不是孤独的
You are not alone. You have a grave.
你有个坟墓
我按时间顺序拍摄 这样演员就能感受到变化
I filmed it chronologically, so that the actors could feel the change.
它是你第一个母亲
It is your first mother.
坟墓是你重生之门
The grave is the door to your rebirth.
现在你将交出你曾经称为
Now you will surrender the faithful animal you once called your body.
身体的虔诚动物
不要设法保有它
Don’t try to keep it.
记着 那是借出的东西
Remember, it was a loan.
交出你的腿 你的生殖器
Surrender your legs, surrender your sex,
你的头 你的血液
your hair, your blood, your organs, your bones.
你的器官 你的骨头
你不再想要占有
You no longer want to possess.
占有是最终的痛苦
Possession is the ultimate pain.
泥土掩盖了你的尸体
The earth falls over your corpse.
她用爱来遮盖你
在两个月的拍摄期间
During the two months of shooting,
She comes to cover you with love,
每次我们开始拍摄 雨就停了
every time we started filming, it stopped raining.
因为她是你真正的血肉
because she is your true flesh.
拍摄结束后 天又开始下雨
We finished shooting, and it started raining again.
现在你是一颗空无的心
Now you are an empty heart,
张开去接受你最真实的本体
open to receive your truest selves.
每一天都是奇迹 你可以看到天空多云
Each day was a miracle. You can see the sky is cloudy.
你自己的完美
Your own perfection, your new body,
你新的身体 那是宇宙
which is the universe, the work of God.
神的杰作
你会获得重生 你会成为真实
You will be born again, you will be real,
你会成为你自己的父亲
you will be your own father, your own mother,
你自己的母亲 你自己的孩子
your own child, your own perfection.
你自己的完美
睁开你的眼睛
Open your eyes. You are the earth, you are the green,
你是泥土 你是植物
你是蓝天 你是首位
you are the blue, you are the Aleph, you are the essence.
你是本初之源
看那花儿
Look at the flower. Look at the flower.
第一次看那花儿
看那花儿
For the first time, look at the flowers.
现在你们是一个集体
Now, you are a group.
我们得付钱给保安 这样他才允许我们上去
We had to pay the guard so that he allowed us to get up there.
我拍摄了35个小时的素材
I filmed 35 hours’ worth of material,
但大部分都损坏了 所以我不能用
but much of it got damaged, so I couldn’t use it.
我只能凑合着用这个 剩下的就只有这个了
I had to make do with this, which is all that was left.
枪击持续了六个月因为他们阻止了我们六个星期
The shooting lasted six months because they stopped us for six weeks.
我们游遍了墨西哥
We traveled all over Mexico.
在后期制♥作♥期间 艾伦·克莱因在纽约租了一间公♥寓♥
During post-production, Allen Klein rented out an apartment in New York
你想要像基♥督♥一样施展奇迹吗
Do you want to perform miracles like Christ?
为了我 也为了编辑 一个曾经编辑过鼹鼠的老人
for me and for the editor, an old man who had edited El Topo.
看看如果你做了会发生什么事情
See what would happen if you did.
他叫费德里科·兰德罗斯 他参与了大约2000部墨西哥电影的制♥作♥
His name was Federico Landeros. He’d worked on about 2,000 Mexican films.
他花了三个月的时间在纽约拍摄这部电影
He spent about three months in New York working on this film.
我们还在纽约的录音室录制了声音
We also recorded the sound in a New York studio
我还请来了一位墨西哥音效专家 加维拉
and I brought in a Mexican sound effects specialist, Gavira.
他会用拳头捶肚子 玩小玩意来制♥造♥噪音
He’d make noises by punching his stomach, playing with little gadgets…
一切都是临时的 它是奇妙的
Everything was improvised. It was fantastic.
弗里德金看到了他 就问 请把他给我吧
Friedkin saw him and asked, “Please, give him to me.”
所以我的加维拉为 驱魔人做了音效 并赢得了奥斯卡奖
So my Gavira made the sound effects for The Exorcist and won an Oscar.
这是一艘捕虾船在
This was a shrimp boat in the middle of…
它的名字是什么
What’s its name?
加勒比海
The Caribbean Sea.
有一场戏我拍不下来 我想让大家都跳进海里
There was a scene I couldn’t shoot. I wanted us all to jump into the sea,
进入无尽的水域
to get in the infinite waters.
我们跳进海里 开始被淹死
We jumped into the sea and started to drown.
船员们忙着扔绳子之类的东西来救我们
The crew was so busy throwing ropes and so on to save us,
全神贯注在这个海星上
Concentrate on this starfish.
当它在你眼里你有了大象的大小
When you see the size of an elephant, you will never miss the target.
他们没有向我们开枪
that they didn’t shoot us.
在水中的那一幕消失了
That scene in the water got lost.
你就永远不会错过目标
我们都跳了进去 没有想到这是开放水域 还有鲨鱼
We all jumped in without thinking that this was open water and there were sharks.
我们的思想有着它的形式
Our thoughts have forms.
我们正在经历一场神秘的冒险
We were living out a mystical adventure.
你的头脑里有一个怪物
You have a monster in your mind.
我们会帮助你
We will help you.
当我拍圣山的时候 我想打破电影制♥作♥的规则
When I made The Holy Mountain, I wanted to break the rules of film-making.
首先 我打破了故事规则
First of all, I broke the “story” rule.
我们所知道的电影主要来自美国 它是由第一幕
Cinema as we know it, which comes mainly from America, consists of a first act,
英雄不愿意参与他所面对的行动
where the hero is reluctant to be part of some action he is confronted with.
然后发生了一些事 英雄也参与其中
Then something happens and the hero gets involved.
在第二幕 他有敌人也有盟友
There’s a second act, where he’s got enemies and allies,
第三幕 一切都得到解决
and a third act, where everything gets solved.
圣山我打破了那种结构 圣山我打破了那种结构 圣山我不想讲故事
In The Holy Mountain I broke that structure. I didn’t want to tell a story.
我想用不同的方式来表现角色和表达自己
I wanted to present characters and express myself differently.
把怪物丢进水里
Throw the monster into the water.
自我遭受偏差
The ego suffers deviations.
我们有偏执狂偏差 精神分♥裂♥症偏差
We have paranoid deviations, schizophrenic deviations,
他不会游泳 他会淹死的
He can’t swim, he will drown.
自我表现欲和自恋
exhibitionism and narcissism.
傻瓜 毁灭你的幻觉
Fool, destroy your illusions.
自我承受着各种各样的偏差
The ego suffers all kinds of deviations.
把你从过去解放出来
Free yourself from the past.
小偷把另一只扔进了海里 从而摆脱了自己的烦恼
The thief gets rid of his deviations when he throws the other one into the sea.
他摆脱了他的怪物
He gets rid of his monstrosity.
偏离自我是根据一个人拥有什么来定义的
A deviated ego is defined in terms of what one has.
我是我所拥有的一切
“I am what I have got.”
当你的自我是你想要的 而不是别人想要的
When your ego is what you want it to be, and not what others want it to be,
你们已经成功地塑造了它 现在它为你们的本质服务
you have succeeded in molding it and now it is at the service of your essence.
我们穿过了伟大的水
We have crossed the great waters.
他们在陆地上 现在电影的另一部分开始了
They are on dry land and now another part of the film begins.
每个人都真的剪了头发
Everybody cut their hair for real.
好极了 好极了
恭喜 你们到达了我们的海岸
Congratulations, you made it to our shores! This deserves a toast!
这值得干杯
你们不是第一批来到莲花岛
You’re not the first to come to Lotus Island in search of the holy mountain.
寻找圣山的人
这是伊扎塔克·华特尔 墨西哥城附近的一座著名的山
This is Iztaccíhuatl, a famous mountain near Mexico City.
I drink alone because newcomers are always abstainers.
我一个人喝酒
因为新来的人总是滴酒不沾
不过迟早他们都会意识到
In time they realize that the best liquor in the world
世界上最好的酒就在万神殿酒吧
这是罗丹的雕像 思想者 象征着知性主义的缺陷
This is the Rodan statue, “The Thinker”, symbolizing the flaws of intellectualism.
is at the Pantheon Bar.
快来 快来 来 我拥有一切
Come. Come. Come. I have everything –
吃的 喝的 睡的 洗澡的
food, drinks, beds, baths, men, women.
男人 女人
这里是那些几乎完全开悟的人
Here are those who almost achieved complete enlightenment,
但他们在社会层面 名声和成功上止步不前
but they stopped short at the social level, at fame, at success.
这是一个以成功为导向的世界 似乎成功是唯一的目标
It’s a success-oriented world, as if success were the only goal.
我读了一本给我留下深刻印象的书叫做博伽梵歌♥
I read a book that marked me profoundly called the Bhagavad-Gita.
这是一本印度教的圣书 它的第一条戒律是
It is a Hindu sacred book whose first precept is,
考虑工作 而不是结果
“Think of the work, not about the result.”
第二 让你的工作表达你内心的上帝
Second, “Let your work express your inner god.”
这些杰出的旅行者来到这里
第三 把你的工作当作神圣的祭品来对待
And third, “Approach your work as you would a sacred sacrifice.”
These illustrious travelers came here to find the holy mountain,
想要寻找圣山
不过他们却比较喜欢万神殿酒吧
but they preferred The Pantheon Bar!
我的艺术抱负在增长 我想制♥作♥ 沙丘
My artistic ambition grew – I wanted to make Dune,
我参与了一个大到无法实施的项目
and I got involved in a project so big that it was not feasible.
The real holy mountain is here –
真正的圣山在这里
我想 没关系 这部电影不是我拍的 但失败不代表什么
I thought, “It’s OK.” I didn’t make the film, but failure doesn’t mean anything,
在我的言语中 在我的诗句中
in my words, in my poems.
如果我写玫瑰
它只是意味着改变道路
it just means changing paths.
If I write rose, it blooms in my hand,
它就会在我手中盛开

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!