Some of his effects transcend mere
他的部分演出…甚至超越了幻象
illusion and approach the realm of art.
已臻艺术之境
He is very young to be so masterful.
他年纪轻轻,却已是大♥师♥
You see? We’ll pack the house with this review.
懂了吗?这评论包准让剧院满座
We are going to make more money than you ever dreamed of.
我们就要赚到超乎你想像的钱了
But if it was mechanical, maybe he had it wrapped in some kind of bark?
那是人造的,再用树皮包起来?
Oh, yeah, of course I thought of that.
我当然也想到了
It’s the butterflies I’m trying to work out.
我只是想不透蝴蝶到底怎么变的
Oh, for Pete’s sake, invisible wire.
还用说吗,钢丝呀
Too obvious.
那太明显了
How many men have you detailed for tonight?
你今晚派了多少人
We have eight men inside, another eight out front.
里面八人,外面八人
Perhaps you’ll get another look at your butterflies.
也许你下回再研究蝴蝶吧
Check the last ten rows there.
检查后面十排
You! Don’t touch that! Put that down!
你﹗别碰那东西﹗把它放下
Ah, Herr Eisenheim.
艾森瀚先生
Who are you and what do you think you’re doing?
你是谁,以为自己在做什么?
I’m Chief Inspector Walter Uhl
我是华特乌尔探长
and I’m inspecting your theatre.
我正在检查你的剧院
I’ve seen you perform.
我看过你的表演
Very impressive. Very impressive.
很让人难忘,让人印象非常深刻
How can we help you, Inspector?
有什么指教吗?探长先生
You will be honored to know that the Crown Prince plans
你将很荣幸得知…
to attend your performance tonight.
王子殿下今晚将莅临你的演出
The Crown Prince?
王子殿下?
Yes! So, obviously we have to inspect the theatre.
是的,所以我们得做安检
I think that one’s a bit small for an assassin, don’t you?
刺客可能会嫌那太小,不是吗?
Yes, the orange tree.
是的,关于柳橙树…
You know, I have seen things like this before
我曾看过类似的演出
but never one like that. Extraordinary.
但和你的完全不同,无人能及
Thank you.
谢谢
I have been puzzling over how it works,
我一直想不透怎么变的
especially how the butterflies fly.
尤其是蝴蝶那段
I assure you your secret is safe with me.
我保证会守密
I’m an officer of the law after all,
毕竟我是执法人员
and a bit of an amateur conjourer.
私底下也是业余魔术师
Are you really?
你说真的?
Yes. Well, card tricks, coins, uh, slight of hand, yes?
是的,牌戏、钱币,还懂一点手技
But nothing fancy. Perhaps you’ll give me a tip?
没啥了不起,也许你能给点提示
Yes, all right. I’ll show you one I’m very fond of.
好啊,教你我很喜欢的一招
Are you a gambling man?
你会赌博吗?
On occasion, yes.
偶尔会
I will bet you the secret of the orange tree
我以柳橙树的秘诀与你打赌
that I can guess which hand you place this in every time.
我能猜到你放在哪只手
Excellent.
好极了
Put it in your fist, raise your hand against your forehead,
放掌心,手抬起碰一下额头
concentrate on it, form a mental picture.
全神贯注想像一下画面
Yes. Have you got it?

Yes.
是…
Put your hands in front of you.
手伸到前方
It’s in your left.
在左手
Well ! A lucky guess, perhaps.
噢 一个幸运的猜测 也许是
You have a confederate who signals you.
有人在旁提示你吧?
No. It’s more primitive than that.
不,比这简单多了
Uh-huh.
是吗?
When you raise your hand to your head, the blood drains from it.
当你抬起手时,血液会往下流
It will be paler every time.
每次都会变白
Oh, oh, I like that very much.
喔,我喜欢这招
Please take it with my compliments.
请你笑纳
Why, thank you. Eh, the blood drains.
当然,谢了,嗯,血往下流
Now, Inspector, if you don’t mind,
探长,如果你不介意…
I’ve got to prepare for tonight’s performance.
我得准备今晚的演出了
Ah.

Please stand for his Imperial Highness, Crown Prince Leopold.
起立恭迎利奥波德王子殿下
I thought we might end this evening with a discussion of the soul.
今晚的压轴就让我们探讨灵魂
All of the greatest religions speak
伟大的宗教都曾谈到灵魂的存在
of the soul’s endurance beyond the end of life.
超越了生死
So, what then does it mean to die?
死亡的意义到底为何?
I need a volunteer from the audience.
我需要一位自愿者上台
Someone not afraid of death. Please, someone?
一位不畏死亡之人,有人吗?请
I assure you no tragedy will befall you.
我保证不会有悲剧上身
It’s an honor, Duchess Von Teschen.
真是荣幸,特森女爵
Do you know me?
你知道我是谁吗?
No.

You’re quite certain that we’ve never met before?
你确定我们没见过?
Yes, of course.
是的,当然
Now please gaze directly into my eyes. Look nowhere else.
请凝视我的双眼,不要瞄别处
Wave to yourself. Turn in a circle.
朝自己挥手,转个圈
Now, bow to yourself.
现在,向自己鞠躬
Away.
远离
They must have liked you.
他们一定很欣赏你
They’ve waited for you nearly five minutes.
等了你快五分钟
Your Highness, may I introduce Eisenheim the Illusionist?
殿下,容我为你介绍魔术师艾森瀚
Well done.
表演得好
Thank you for coming. I hope you enjoyed it.
感谢你的莅临,希望你喜欢
Oh, we more than enjoyed it.
我们不只是喜欢而已
Stimulated great debate amongst us, hasn’t it?
还引发一阵辩论,不是吗?
Except of course for your assistant, Duchess Von Teschen.
除了你的助手特森女爵
You seemed to have struck her quite speechless.
你似乎把她吓呆了
A feat in itself. Did you hypnotize her?
了不起的技艺,你催眠了她吗?
In a fashion.
一点点
I’d like to learn that trick.
我倒想学这个戏法
Rainier here thinks you have supernatural powers.
瑞纳觉得你有超能力
Do you claim supernatural powers?
你声称你有超能力吗?
I’ve never said anything of that kind.
我从没这么说
Then you won’t mind a question or two.
你不介意我问一两个问题吧
Now let’s not ruin it.
我们别再煞风景了
You needn’t divulge anything I can’t guess.
你毋须泄露我猜不到的事情
As you wish.
悉听尊便
Your assistants are behind a mirror somewhere in robes obviously.
你的助手穿上袍子…躲在镜子后方
Lights in the frame perhaps to illuminate them, or angled mirrors?
镜框里的光线能照出他,还是角镜?
That would be one way to do it.
这是可行方法之一
I think I understand it all except the ghost.
除了幽灵部分,我都懂
That was very, very good.
那真的非常非常精彩
Another viewing perhaps?
还会再大驾光临吗?
You must come to the Hofburg next time.
你下次得来霍夫堡皇宫
We’ll make an evening of it.
我们会有个美好的夜晚
That will be my pleasure.
我的荣幸
So be it. Sophie?
那就来吧,是吧,苏菲?
And we’ll gather our best minds next time.
我下次会召集智囊团
You’ll really have a challenge then.
届时你的挑战可大了
Then I’ll prepare something special.
我会准备特别的演出
Perhaps I’ll make you disappear.
也许我会把你变不见了
Oh, my God, when he volunteered her I heard the crashing sound
我的老天,他拱她上台时…
of money falling on me in piles.
我听到成堆钱币撒在身上的声音
Every lady of means in Vienna will want to get up there with you now.
每位维也纳女人会巴不得与你同台
What a showoff.
他真是爱现
His father would have died if he had seen such a display.
他的父王看到后,搞不好会气死
She didn’t seem too happy about it either.
她看来似乎也不太高兴
Well, she’d better get used to it.
她最好快习惯
How’s that? Word is she’ll marry him soon.
那个怎么样 听说她很快就会嫁给他了
Really? Taking her chances if you ask me.
真的吗 如果你问我的话 我会抓住她的机会
Why?
怎么说?
He likes to give his lady friends a good thrashing now and again.
他喜欢对女人♥拳♥打脚踢
People say he pushed one of them off a balcony
听说他曾把一人推下阳台
just to cover the beating he had given her.
只为了掩饰他曾痛揍过她
For Herr Eisenheim.
艾森瀚先生的信
Hello, Sophie.
你好,苏菲
When I was on the stage, you knew me right away.
我上台时,你马上就认出我了
It took me a moment but, yes, I knew.
想了一下,是的,我的确认出你

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!