对啦 跟爸爸
Yes, to Dad.

I…
怎么了
What, Mom?
在你♥爸♥之前
Before your father…
怎样
Yeah?
有个 有个男孩
There was this boy.
你爱他吗
Did you love him?
我爱他
Yeah.
怎么没嫁给他
Well, why didn’t you marry him?
等你长大才有问题可以聊啊
So that you could ask me this question someday.
看起来比较小
Looks smaller.
他什么时候建好的
When did he complete it?
你还没出生 我八岁
You weren’t born yet, and I was 8.
柯布西耶 建筑大♥师♥
柯布西耶遇上了法兰克·洛伊·莱特
Corbusier meets Frank Lloyd Wright.
爸和他们两个都打过牌
You know, Dad played cards with both of them.
-同吸一根大♥麻♥ -是喔
– Sharing a joint. – Yeah, well…
不会游泳
Can’t swim.
应该有楼梯通往水面 还有阳台 甲板
There should be a stairway down to the water, a porch, a deck.
这房♥子像个箱子
Here, you’re in a… In a box.
可以环顾周遭景致的玻璃箱子
A glass box with a view to everything that’s around you…
只能看却摸不到
…but you can’t touch it.
和景物之间毫无联♥系♥
No interconnection between you and what you’re looking at.
我不知道 他在房♥子中♥央♥
I don’t know, you know. He’s got this big maple growing…
-种了一棵枫树 -限制
…right in the middle of the house. – Containment.
限制 还有控制
Containment and control.
这栋房♥子要表达的是主♥权♥ 不是联♥系♥
This house is about ownership, not connection.
是很漂亮 甚至引人入胜
I mean, it’s beautiful. Seductive, even.
可惜不完整
But it’s incomplete.
都是以他为中心
It was all about him.
爸很会盖房♥子 却不会经营家庭
Dad knew how to build a house, not a home.
不过
But you know…
我想他要我们做他做不到的事
…I think he wants us to do what he couldn’t.
但承认这一点
But admitting that…
就等于承认他自己有缺点
…would mean admitting that he came up short in some way…
可以做更好
…that he could do more.
于是这让他很不好过
And that tortures him.
你还记得和妈一起住这里吗
Do you remember being here with Mom?
印象中她想以此为家
I remember she tried to make it work here…
和我们一起
…with us…
和他一起
…with him.
梦想先锋呢
Hey, what about Visionary Vanguard?
-怎样 -少装蒜了
– What about it? – Come on.
我才不相信你会安于在这里盖度假小屋
You can’t convince me you’re gonna be happy building saltboxes for tourists.
没人会崇拜那样的你
Nobody’s gonna admire you for that.
-崇拜那样的我 -对 梦想先锋
– Admire me for that? – Yeah, Visionary Vanguard.
那是你的主意
That’s your idea.
我办不到 但名字可以给你用
I can’t. But you can keep the name.
别闹了 一定要我们俩联手
No, come on. It’s gotta be you and me.
亨利 抱歉 我办不到
Henry, I’m sorry, I can’t.
我只是
I just…
-怎样 -我有别的计划
– What? – I’ve got other plans.
你有女朋友
You have a girlfriend?
没有啊
No…
没有
No.
-怎样 你结巴了 -我才没有结巴
– What is that? You hesitated. – No, I didn’t hesitate.
拜托 我没那种闲时间
Come on, man. I don’t have any time for that.
没时间又怎样
What does time have to do with it?
你会当我是疯子
Oh, you’re gonna think I’m crazy.
亲爱的维勒先生
My dearest Mr. Wyler:
你要不要陪我玩个游戏
Are you willing to play a game with me?
两年前的今天 我从河畔车站
Two years ago today, I was taking the 145 train to Madison…
搭145班次列车去麦迪逊 我把东西忘在那儿了
… from the Riverside station and I forgot something there.
是我爸送我的礼物
It was a gift from my father.
要是你找到了 请你放进信箱里
If you find it, can you please put it in the mailbox?
这对我意义非凡
It would mean a lot.
凯特亲笔
Yours, Kate.
-5点46分往麦迪逊列车要开了 -你真想知道 少来了
– Final call for the 5:46 to Madison. – Do you really wanna know? Come on.
-请上车 -好
– All aboard. – Okay.
我再打电♥话♥给你
I’ll call you.
《劝导》 简·奥斯汀著
凯特 我找到了 在我这里
Kate, I found it. I have it with me.
总有一天会交给你 相信我
One day I’ll get it to you. Trust me.
我知道这对你很重要
I know how important it is to you.
你或许不记得了 但我们有见过
You might not remember, but we saw each other.
至少我看见你了
At least, I saw you.
你没告诉我你长得这么美
You never told me how beautiful you are.
你可能是看到别人
Well, maybe you saw somebody else.
我那时的发型很丑
That was a bad hair year for me.
褐色的长发 温柔无邪的眼神
Long brown hair. Gentle, unguarded eyes.
好啦
Okay, okay, okay.
你看见我了
You saw me.
但我还是不知道你长怎样
But I still don’t know what you look like.
好吧 我们在未来见个面吧
Well, why don’t we just get together in the future…
到时再跟我说你的感想
… and you can let me know what you think.
那就约好咯
It’s a date.
好吧
Okay.
2006年7月10日 打电♥话♥给我
Why don’t you call me July 10th, 2006…
晚上9点05分
…at 9:05 p.m.
-喂 -凯特
– Hello. – Kate?
-是的 -我是摩根
– Yes. – It’s Morgan.
摩根
Morgan.
我在芝加哥 我来开会 结果取消了
I’m in Chicago. I came for a meeting, but it was canceled…
我就想打电♥话♥给你
… so I thought I’d give you a call.
你吃过了吗
Hey, have you eaten?
-没有 但我不 -我也还没吃 我觉得我快饿昏了
– No, but I’m not… – Neither have I. I realized I’m starving.
-去吃点东西吧 -好啊
– We could grab a quick bite. – Okay.
-可以吗 -可以
– Yeah? – All right.
-等一下 -小心
– Hey, wait up. – Watch out, man.
-太好了 -这家好像不错
– All right. – Looks pretty good.
-好极了 -不要 摩根 这是
– Perfect. – No, Morgan, it’s…
-这里不行啦 -没关系 相信我
– It’s not. – No, no, trust me.
这 好吧
It’s… Okay.
你好
Hi there.
抱歉 请等我一下
One sec. Could you hold on for a moment?
-两个人用餐 -请问贵姓
– We’d love a table for two. – The name?
我们没订位
We don’t… We don’t have a reservation.
抱歉 都客满了 订位到十月
I’m sorry, sir, we’re booked until October.
十月
October?
好吧
Well…
再联络
…l’ll get back to you.
可真顺利
That went well.
又没什么大不了
It’s no big deal.
别难过了啦
Oh, come on, stop it.
这是全市最好的餐厅 没订位进不去
It’s the best restaurant in town. Nobody gets a table here.
-不是为了这件事 -不然呢
– No, it’s not that. – Well, what is it?
我做得不对
I didn’t do this right.
-你不是来开会吧 -没特别的事你才会见我
– There wasn’t a meeting. – You’d see me if there was no big deal.
-如果只是 -你算计我
– If it was just… – Ambush.
只是喝咖啡 喝完咖啡吃晚饭
– You know, coffee, and coffee can turn into dinner…
-吃完晚饭 -怎样
…dinner can turn into… – Turn into what?
我承认有时候会猴急抢个几步
I do sometimes get a few steps ahead of myself.
几步 你每次都 抢先至少十步
Morgan, a few steps? You’re always leaping 10 steps ahead.
我们才交往一个礼拜
We were dating, what, a week?
你就规划好我们整个未来
And you had our entire future mapped out for us?
我还在实习 你就买♥♥好房♥子 我才去你家度个周末
In my residency, you were picking out real estate. I’d go to your house…
你就邀请所有的朋友给我认识
…you’d have the entire town in your house to meet me.
印象中你和其中一个打得火热
I do seem to remember that you made pretty fast friends with one of them.
你在胡说什么
What are you talking about?
你心里有数
You know what I’m talking about.
-就那个男人啊 -什么男人
– That guy. – What guy?

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章中途岛之战
下一篇文章偷龙转凤
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!