I believe Miss Adele said he finished lower than second once.
我想阿黛尔小姐说过有这么一次
Must’ve been the week he took his law exams.
肯定那周他还要参加法律考试
Yeah, I believe it was.
估计是这样
Uh, you gonna be needin’ these shoes where you’re goin’, Mr. Junuh?
你需要这些鞋吗 朱诺先生?
They look like they just about my size.
它们看上去很合我的尺寸
Keep ’em. Thank you kindly, sir.
你留着吧 非常感谢 先生
Yep, sure is some storm headin’ this way.
肯定有风暴要来临了
It’s a real pleasure to welcome you to our home.
非常欢迎您到我们家来
It’s a pleasure to be here, ma’am. Thank you.
很荣幸能来 女士 谢谢
Hardy, you take his belongin’s up to his room.
哈代 你把这位先生的行李 拿到他的房♥间
Then come right back. I got chores for you. Yes’m.
然后马上回来 还有些事要你做 好的
I expect this is the most exciting sportin’ event ever.
我想这是有史以来 最激动人心的体育赛事了
Ain’t it, Mr. Rice? Why is that, son?
不是吗 赖斯先生? 为什么这么说 孩子?
Why? ‘Cause of Jones and Hagen. They’s out for blood.
为什么?因为琼斯和哈根要来大干一场
Oh, I didn’t come for Jones or Hagen.
哦 我不是为他门两个而来
I came for Rannulph Junuh.
是为了兰努夫·朱诺
You come all the way down from New York City to see Junuh?
你从纽约来为了看看朱诺?
Uh-huh.

I saw Junuh play once. Then he disappeared.
我见过一次朱诺打球 后来他就消失了
I’d love to see him play again, especially against Jones and Hagen.
我想再看看 尤其是对阵琼斯和哈根
Go get ’em, Junuh! You go get ’em!
打败他们 朱诺!你要打败他们!
God bless you, Junuh! Show ’em what Savannah’s made of!
上帝保佑你 朱诺! 让他们看看萨凡纳也不是好惹的
Go get ’em, Junuh! Hey, Junuh, give ’em hell!
打败他们 送他们去地狱!
“Give ’em hell. ” You can do it!
送他们去地狱! 你能做到的!
Damn.
天啊
So I takes it you was interested in bein’…
我看你非常感兴趣做…
Mr. Junuh’s forecaddie.
朱诺先生的球童 球道球童
No. No?
不 不?
No! No?
不 不?
Well, maybe I was,
嗯 也许曾想过
but I guess I just ain’t got the nerve to ask you yet.
但是现在没有胆量提起这个
I ain’t got the time to sit around and wait, so here’s what I’m proposin’.
我没时间坐在这等着 这就是我打算的
I’m gonna assume that just about the moment you gets up the nerve to ask me…
这个时候我假设你有胆量问起这个
gonna be just about the same moment I decide I’m gonna tell you yeah.
恰好也是我说可以的时候
How that suit you?
怎么样?
That suits me just fine, sir. Folks call me Bagger.
太好了 先生 人们叫我贝格
Yes, sir, Bagger, sir.
好的 贝格先生
You may want to get to pickin’ all the crud out of Mr. Junuh’s shoes.
你先把朱诺先生的鞋弄干净
You through with that, we got us some measurin’ to do out on the course.
干完后我们去球场上测量一下
Junuh knew now that if he were to have any chance at all in the tournament,
朱诺明白唯有战胜心魔
he had no choice but to come to terms with his demons.
他才有机会贏得比赛
The only question in Junuh’s mind…
他心中惟一的问题是…
was which demon was givin’ him the most aggravation.
哪个魔鬼最严重
Bagger Vance or Miss Adele Invergordon.
贝格·文斯还是阿黛尔·因佛哥登小姐
Mr. Jones?
琼斯先生?
Could you hold, please?
请摆个姿势
Thank you very much, Mr. Jones.
非常感谢 琼斯先生
Any time now. Okay.
随时可以 好的
That’s very nice.
很好
Thank you very much, Mr. Hagen.
非常感谢 哈根先生
Dancin’ picture, sir?
来个跳舞的照片 先生?
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
## That’s it. Very nice. Look right over here.
很好 看着这里
Big smile. No, don’t stop dancin’. Stay together.
笑一些 不不 不要停 靠近些
Just pretend there’s music. Keep goin’. Keep goin’.
假装音乐还在继续 继续
Look right over here. Okay.
看着这 好的
Give me a smile.
笑一点
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
May I have the pleasure of this dance, please? Yes.
能跳个舞吗? 好
Longer.
长点
A little shorter.
稍短点
How’s that?
怎么样?
Yeah, that’s good. One stride equals a yard.
很好 一大步等于一♥码♥
You go on over to the tee and start countin’.
你走到球托那然后开始数
Top golfers always tried to get a leg up on the competition…
顶级的高尔夫选手比赛时都有帮手
by havin’ the men they trusted most sneak onto the course at night…
比赛前一天夜里潜入球场…
and do their own measurements.
进行他们自己的测量
So Bagger and I walked the course that night, measurin’ away.
所以贝格和我那天夜里进行了步测
Bagger never wrote down a number.
贝格从不写下数字
He filed it all in his head.
他都记在脑子里
Hit one a little harder.
再稍微用力一点击球
Go on. Do that again.
继续 再来一次
Yeah, right here is where this game is won,
对 就在这赢得比赛的地方
right here on the green, but first you got to see it.
就在这绿地上 但首先你得看得到
Sun gonna be there in the mornin’
上午阳光在这
over there in the afternoon.
下午在那
Funny thing is, the blades of grass…
可笑的是 草的叶片…
are gonna follow the sun.
会跟着太阳
The grain is gonna shift.
草会移♥动♥
That same putt…
同样的一击
is gonna go one way in the mornin’,
上午是这样
the other in the afternoon.
下午又是那样
One way in the mornin’, the other in the afternoon.
上午这样 下午那样
You see that?
你明白吗?
Yeah, a golf course put folk through quite a punishment.
球场会给人们惩罚
It lives and breathes just like us.
它就像就像我们一样有生命 呼吸
Do you think Junuh can win?
你看朱诺能赢吗?
Yeah, if he can find his authentic swing.
是的 如果他能找到可信的挥杆
Authentic?
可信的?
Go on. Hit one more for me.
继续 再来一次
Yep, inside each and every one of us…
是的 对我们所有人来说
is one true, authentic swing.
有一件事是真的 就是可靠的挥杆
Somethin’ we was born with, somethin’ that’s ours and ours alone.
有些是与生俱来的 只能为我们所有
Somethin’ that can’t be taught to you or learned.
有些是学也学不到的
Somethin’ that got to be remembered.
有些可以被记住
Over time, the world can rob us of that swing.
时间长了 就挥不起杆来了
It get buried inside us under…
它埋藏在…
all our wouldas and couldas and shouldas.
我们的心里
Some folk even forget what they swing was like.
有些人甚至忘了挥杆的样子
Some folk even forget what they swing was like.
有些人甚至忘了挥杆的样子
You keep swingin’. But I don’t have any balls.
你继续挥杆 但是你没有球了
Don’t worry about hittin’ the ball the way it’s gonna go.
别担心击到球…是它飞行的路线
Just swing the club, feel the club.
就挥起杆来 感受那球杆
Now close your eyes.
闭上眼睛
Close my You can’t make that ball goin that hole.
闭上? 你不能强制球进洞
You got to let it.
你应该让它自己进去
I want you to feel that club, feel the weight of the club.
我要你感受这球杆 感受这球杆的重量
Settle in deeper, then drop the ball soft as butter.
深呼吸 轻轻的放下球
Listen to the sounds of the night.
听这夜里的声音
You just keep swingin’ that club until you feel the breeze comin’ off the sea.
你要保持挥杆 直到感觉像是离开了海面
Inside every one of us is one true, authentic swing.
我们每个人心中都有这可靠的挥杆
You just keep swingin’ that club until your authentic swing-
你要保持挥杆 直到你那种感觉…
You’re part of the whole thing, somethin’ you was born with.
你是整个事情的一部分 与生俱来的
That’s a good thing.
很好的事情
I don’t feel a thing.
我感觉不到
You just keep swingin’ that club until you’re part of the whole thing.
你保持挥杆直到成为一部分
That’s a good thing.
很好的事情
Can you see it?
看到了吗
All right, time to go.
好了 该走了
Why?
为什么?
They say that God is happiest when His children are at play.
他们说子民们在玩时上帝最高兴
Well, it certainly seemed like God was in fine spirits when the day of the match dawned.
看上去比赛那天来临时上帝精神很好
People came from far and wide.
人们从四面八方赶来
There wasn’t a room to be found in either boarding house or the Krewe Island Hotel.
周围的公♥寓♥和克鲁岛上的饭店都没房♥间了
The match had been designed as the ultimate championship.
比赛被设计成最终的冠军赛
thirty-six holes on Saturday…
周六36个洞
followed by another grueling thirty-six holes on Sunday.
周日同样36个洞
Good luck today.
今天好运
Where’s Hagen?
哈根在哪?
Oh, he’ll be here.
哦 他会来的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!