是我们未来的承诺
it was a promise of everything to come.
时间慢慢过去
The days became months.
每个周末我们都去新的地方探险
We ventured on weekends to new places.
我之前从没有度过假
Never once had I been on vacation.
就算有
Had I, though…
也肯定不会有这些周末那么令人难忘
it could never have been as memorable as these.
怎么了
What?
我现在才觉得北卡州是我的家
It’s the first time North Carolina has felt like home.
但在我最重要的学生面前
But yet, with my most important student…
我彻底失败了
I am a total failure.
露丝爱上了现代艺术
Ruth has fallen in love with contemporary art.
爸爸觉得马蒂斯和毕加索之后就没有艺术了
Father thinks that art stopped with Matisse and Picasso.
不是没有 只是沉睡了过去而已
I don’t think it stopped. But it’s taken a long nap.
我尽全力好好抚养女儿 艾拉
You try and raise your children right, Ira…
到头来她还是长大了 有了自己的想法
and they grow up and think for themselves.
真行 真行
Very good. Very good.
真是令人悲伤
It’s tragedy!
看到你那么说话真好
It was nice seeing you talk like that.
要是每天都能和你在一起那该多好
Nothing would make me happier than a lifetime of days like this.
露丝 我问你个事
Hey, Ruth. I need to ask you something.
等等
Wait.
我想要个大家庭 很大很大的家
I want a big family. A really big family.
这是我从小的梦想
I’ve always wanted one since I was a little girl.
我们现在都这样了
With everything that’s going on now…
我感到这种需求 这种责任
I feel this need, this responsibility,
将新生命带到世界上
to bring life back into the world.
听起来不错
Sounds perfect.
现在可以问了
You can ask me now.
露丝
Ruth…
我知道我并不富有
I know I’m not a rich man.
对艺术也一窍不通
Don’t know the last thing about art.
我只能承诺爱你
All I can do is promise to love you…
用我余生每天每夜每分每秒来爱你
every second of every day for the rest of my life.
真的吗
Really?
你愿意嫁给我吗
Will you marry me?
愿意
Yes!
我愿意 你怎么等了那么久
Yes, yes, yes! What took you so long?
欢迎来到这个家
Welcome to the family.
-谢谢 -衷心欢迎你
– Thank you. – So good to have you.
“爱你的 艾拉”
“With love, Ira.”
我明天再来
I’ll come back tomorrow.
♪I’m gonna set aside my pride
♪Not gonna be the one to say “Goodbye”
♪Neither am I
♪Oh, tonight
-莱文森先生吗 -你谁啊
– Mr. Levinson? – Do I know you?
卢克·柯林斯
Luke Collins.
你还记得吗 119公路上
Remember, off 119…
你决定撞断护栏
when you decided to bust open that guard rail?
你救了我的命
Oh, you saved my life.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你好
Hi.
你好
Hi.
这是你的卢克吗
Is this your Luke?
我朋友卢克
This is my friend Luke.
是的
Yes.
你的朋友吗
Your friend. Hmm.
你来这干嘛
What are you doing here?
我在车地板上发现了这个
I found this on the floor of my truck.
觉得应该对你挺重要的
Figured you might wanna hang on to that one.
1941年12月7日
December 7th, 1941.
我们要结婚了 这比任何事都让我开心
Nothing made me happier than knowing we were going to be married.
但是你和你家人逃离的那场梦魇
But the world you and your family had fled…
还是找上了我们
finally caught up to us.
美♥利♥坚♥合众国
The United States of America…
遭到了日本帝国海空军
was suddenly and deliberately attacked…
精心策划的突然袭击
by Naval and Air Forces of the Empire of Japan.
-答应我你会回来 -我会的
– Promise me you’ll come back. – I will.
答应我 艾拉
Promise me, Ira!
我答应你
I promise.
看着我 我答应你
Look at me. I promise.
要回到我身边
Come back to me!
救命
Help!
我们不能把他留在那里
We can’t just leave him out there.
救救我
Help! Help me!
来人救救我
Somebody help me!
我要去救他
I gotta save him.
你疯了吗 装甲车离我们不到两百米
Are you crazy? Those Panzers are 200 yards away.
去了就回不来了
You’ll never make it back.
我会回来的 我答应了一定会回来的
I’ll make it back. I made a promise I have to keep.
你的死只会让德国人开心
You getting killed ain’t gonna help anyone but the Germans.
救命啊
Help me! Please!
我的天啊
Oh, my God!
有人能救我吗
Can somebody help me?
该死
Oh, shit.
手臂搂住我脖子
Put your arms around my neck.
我一定要回去 回到露丝身边
I gotta get back. I gotta get back to Ruth.
你真是疯了 莱文森 你知道吗
That was goddamn crazy, Levinson. Do you know that?
该死
Shit!
我很抱歉
I’m very sorry.
离开战场回到家 我变了
When I came back from the war, I wasn’t the same.
我现在正在打一场更艰苦的仗
I was fighting a bigger battle now.
我无法兑现给你的承诺
And I couldn’t honor the promise I had made to you.
你妈妈说你星期一就回来了
Your mother says you’ve been home since Monday.
你的遭遇我无法感同身受
I can’t pretend to know what you’ve been through…
但我想帮你
but I want to help.
你不觉得应该给我一个解释吗
Don’t you think I deserve an explanation?
你应该
Well… I do.
你不明白 不是受伤本身
You don’t understand. It wasn’t the injury itself.
伤口感染了
The wound got infected.
我发了近两个星期的高烧
I ran a high fever for almost two weeks.
你应该去多看几个医生 多听听不同意见
You need to see more doctors. Get a second opinion.
你以为我没有试过吗
Don’t you think I’ve already done that?
他们也无能为力
There’s nothing they can do.
这就是我的命 我只能接受
This is my life, I have to accept it.
但我不想让这成为你的命
But I don’t want it to be yours.
但还是有希望的
But there is still a chance.
我想和你结婚
I want to marry you.
如果你和我结婚 你可能就不会有孩子了
If you marry me, you may never have a family.
你真的愿意做出这样的牺牲吗
Are you honestly willing to give that up?
战争结束了
The war was over…
在我看来
and as far as I was concerned…
我的生命也结束了
so was my life.
我们打烊了
We’re closed!
我知道你想干嘛
I know what you’re doing!
我要牺牲什么 不用你来告诉我
You cannot tell me what I’m willing to give up!
你去打仗之后
When you went to war…
我待在这里 满怀希望
I was here, clinging to the hope
你会回家 然后我们结婚
that you would come home and we would get married.
没错 然后生小孩 但那是梦想 艾拉
Yes, and have kids. But that’s a dream, Ira.
你才是现实
You’re real.
我不知道未来会如何
I don’t know what the future holds…
但我知道没有你就没有未来
but I know there’s no future without you.
除非你已经不爱我了
Unless you don’t love me anymore.
那一刻
And in that moment…
我们都知道
we both knew…
与其选择分手 不如一辈子在一起
a chance at life together was greater than the risk of being apart.
你把照片带来了 真好心
It was really nice of you to bring that photo.
他肯定经历了不少事
He sure has been through a lot.
是啊
Yeah.
你多保重
Well, you take it easy.
卢克
Luke.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章狐狸猎手
下一篇文章间谍之桥
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!