How come your mom let you come to an event like this all by your lonesome?
我都9岁半了
‘Cause I’m 9 1/2 years old.
-不小了 -是啊
– Hmm, that’s pretty old. – I know.
我妈都同意我带随身小刀了
My mom even lets me have my own pocket knife.
你才没有什么小刀
You don’t have no pocket knife.
-我就是有 -你没有
– I do so. – Do not.
老天
My! my’
瞧瞧这个
Look at that.
这肯定是我见过最好的小刀
That must be about the finest pocket knife I have ever seen.
知道吗 从一个人的小刀上
You know, you can tell a lot about a person’s character
可以看出很多他的事
by the condition of their pocket knife.
比如说 你就很勇敢
I’d say you were fearless.
他怎么了
What’s his problem?
他是卡尔·鲁普
Oh, he’s just being Carl Loop.
维柳说他智障 但妈妈说他很特殊
Willow says he’s retarded, but Mom says he’s special.
无论如何 他跳舞很棒
Hmm. Well, whatever he is, he’s a fine dancer.
你是写小说的
You write stories?
以前是
I used to.
我最喜欢外星人的故事
My favorite story is about aliens from outer space.
外星人的故事的确很有意思
Mm. Extraterrestrials have their place,
我读过一些
and I’ve met a few,
但并非离开地球才是好故事
but you don’t have to leave this planet to tell a good story.
怎么
How…
怎么编故事呢
How do you make ’em up?
想象力
Imagination.
它是人类最伟大的力量
The most powerful force ever made available to humankind.
给您
Here you go.
蒙提 我不太专业
Hey, Monte, I’m no professional,
我为唐写了篇演讲稿
but I wrote this speech for Don,
但我演讲真的不行
but I’ll never be able to get through it.
我想请你帮我读一下
I was gonna ask you to read it out loud.
我向来不擅长做公众演讲 凯撒先生
I’ve always had a disdain for public displays of sentimentality, Mr. Kaiser.
谁不是呢 唐肯定会很高兴的
Hey, who doesn’t? Don would be so pleased.
那可不一定 伙计
Didn’t know the man.
蒙提要为唐做个演讲
Monte has something he wants to read to us about Don.
所以请大家尽快去后院集♥合♥
So, if you would, just step outside as quickly as you can.
感谢各位 他很激动
Thank you so much. He’s very excited about this.
你好 没来及跟您打招呼
Hi, nice to see you. I didn’t get a chance to say hello.
我不知道你也在这里 欢迎光临
Oh, I didn’t know you were here. Hi. Welcome.
好了 各位
All right, people, this is a sad and happy occasion.
欢迎大家来到这里
Thanks for coming here.
各位 有请蒙提·维尔德亨
Everybody please say hello to Monte Wildhorn.
“我的老天爷啊”
“‘Jesus H. Christ.”‘
我们的朋友凯伦·鲁普如是说
“According to our friend Karen Loop,
和她一样 大家得知
“that’s how most people around the lake reacted
唐的噩耗都很震惊
“when they heard the news of Don’s passing.
这句话倒是个好讣告
“That’s not such a bad obit.
简洁生动
“Concise. Even rather eloquent.
唐会喜欢的
“Don would’ve approved.
有些人我们避开
“There are people in life you avoid,
另一些我们无意间遇见
“and others you go out of your way to bump into.
唐属于后者
“Don had that bump-into quality about him,
所以我们看见他从来不躲
“which is why nobody ever ducked when they saw Don coming.
他喝啤酒很挑剔
“He took beer very seriously.
只喝帕布斯蓝♥丝♥带♥牌的
“It had to be Pabst Blue Ribbon.
如果没有帕布斯牌
“If it couldn’t be Pabst,
就起码得是冰
“it at least had to be cold.
唐很出色
“As good as Don was,
贝拉岛让他更加完美
“I think he only got better once he found the Belle.
这个地方一定有它的魔力
“There just might be something special about this place.
虽然我们接触得不频繁
“It don’t happen too often, but sometimes
但常能挖掘出对方的闪光点
“we do bring out the best in each other.
我们会想念你的 唐
“We’ll miss you, Don.
在天上保佑我们
Watch over us.”
写得很好
Don’t change a word.
住在养狗戴夫家的人是西部小说作家
The man at Dog Dave’s writes stories about cowboys in the Wild West.
是吗
He does?
是的 不关于外星人
Yeah… not about space aliens.
没有外星人吗
No aliens?
并非离开地球
You know, you don’t have to go off this planet
才是好故事
to tell a good story.
妈妈 回家后我能去造筏子吗
Mama, when we get home, can I work on my raft?
不行 你保证打扫房♥间的
No, you promised you’d clean your room.
我的老天爷啊
Well, Jesus H. Christ!
奥尼尔小姐
Ms. O’Neil.
那是最粗鲁的语言
That is a most unbecoming use of language.
凯撒先生这么写唐的
Mr. Kaiser wrote it about Don.
你不是凯撒先生
You’re not Mr. Kaiser.
我有麻烦了是吗
Am I in trouble?
是的
You most certainly are,
对你的惩罚就是 记住三个新词
and your punishment is to memorize three new words
周五晚饭前把定义给我
and define them for me by dinner Friday.
希望你能给我个惊喜
And I expect to be impressed.
会的 我保证
You will be. I promise.
你的税务谁来管理
Who does your taxes?
我没什么钱 鲁普太太
I am currently without an accountant, Mrs. Loop.
叫我凯伦
Karen.
我一直想感受一下贫困
I have aspired for years to someday attain the poverty level.
现在终于达到目标
Having recently achieved my goal,
暂时不用管这些了
I’m not in need of such services just now.
这种情况我总会帮客户弄到很多退款
I always get my clients a big refund.
真应该让你来处理我的业务啊
You have a positive outlook on life, Karen.
我们到家了
This is our place.
谢谢你送我们
Thanks for walking us home.
就你们俩住在这里吗
You and the boy on your own out here?
卡尔一出生 他就离开了
My old man took off after Carl was born.
我很遗憾
I’m sorry to hear that.
没什么
It’s no great loss.
有什么是我能帮忙的吗
Well, if there’s anything I can do.
从来没人给卡尔打电♥话♥
Carl never gets any phone calls.
如果有人打电♥话♥给他 他会很高兴的
It would be nice for him to get a phone call.
这是我的名片
Here’s my business card.
上面有我家里的电♥话♥
It’s got our home number on it.
电♥话♥是个讨厌鬼
Telephone’s a damn nuisance.
我就不在乎
Ain’t got no use for it.
我听说打手♥机♥的人在街上被枪打死了
And them people on cell phones oughta be shot dead in the street.
卡尔
Hey, Carl.
你想当我的跟班 迪亚戈·桑达纳吗
How’d you like to be my faithful sidekick, Diego Santana?
在三个地区因劫持火车被通缉
Wanted for train robbery in three territories.
我可以吗
I am?
他可是很帅气的
Railroad Pinkertons are hot on our trail, amigo.
我怎么才能当迪亚戈
How do I be Diego?
首先 从改掉兔子跳开始
Well, for starters, lose the bunny hop.
你的关心真让我感动
Yeah, I’m touched by your concern.
谢天谢地我还在喝酒
Thank God I’m still drinking.
不能喝酒真是耻辱
Saves me the humiliation of falling off the wagon.
我想学三个新词
I need three words.
进来吧
Have we met?
我有向你发出邀请吗
Did I extend an invitation?
没有
No.
我想也没有
I didn’t think so.
你是作家 词汇量肯定很大
You know a lot of good words ’cause you write stories.
我要学三个给我妈妈
I need three good ones for my mom.
我很久之前就失去优美的文字了
I lost all my good words a long time ago.
那你的想象力呢
What about imagination?
还在吗
Should I use that one?
上次看的时候它还在
Last time I checked, it was still available.
你能教我写故事吗
Can you teach me to write stories?
你的要求太多了
You are awfully demanding.
好了 斑点
All right, Spot.
吃药的时间到了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!