Time for our morning dose.
吃吧
There you go.
乖狗狗
That’s a good boy.
你为什么给它吃阿司匹林
How come you give him aspirin?
因为斑点后腿有点僵
Uh, it seems Spot has developed some stiffness in his hindquarters.
阿司匹林对这有改善吗
And aspirin helps that.
我不是很确定
I’m not exactly sure,
但只要试试就知道了
but long as he thinks it does, that’s half the battle, isn’t it?
你为什么不用电脑写作
How come you don’t write on a computer?
我回答你 但你得安静点儿
I’m gonna answer your question in return for blessed silence.
看看这个打字机
Look at that machine.
我喜欢舒缓的敲击出文字
I like that you have to write a bit slower on a manual.
我喜欢打字发出的声音
I like the way it sounds.
我喜欢 字母被印入纸张的感觉
I like the way the letters bite into the paper.
它让我觉得自己写作时 是个真实的人
I like that you can feel there’s a genuine human being
手拿下去
doing the work–Hands off.
那是什么
What’s that?
牛仔 牛仔是什么
Buckaroo. What’s a Buckaroo?
是一个文学奖项
It’s an award for literary excellence.
西部作家协会 最佳西部小说
“Western Authors Academy. Best Western novel.
《朱伯·麦克劳斯历险记》
“‘The Saga of Jubal McLaws.’
1975年 授予蒙提·维尔德亨
Presented to Monte Wildhorn. 1975.”
真酷 得奖的时候说获奖感言了吗
Cool. Did you give a speech when you won?
对 演讲了
Yes, ma’am, I did.
都感谢了谁
Who’d you thank?
我的真爱和三位吧台服务员
My one true love and three bartenders.
为什么你不能走路
How come you can’t walk?
谁说我不能
Who says I can’t?
那你为什么坐在轮椅上
Why are you in a wheelchair?
你能保守秘密吗
Can you keep a secret?
打死也不说
Even if they torture me.
我正在策划
I’m attempting to defraud
向保险公♥司♥
the Liberty Mutual insurance conglomerate
诈骗100万美元
out of a million dollars.
什么是诈骗
What’s defraud?
欺骗 诓骗 欺诈 诳骗
Cheat, snooker, fleece, bamboozle.
所以你能走路的吗
So you can walk?
我还能跑呢
I can run.
不过我要小心
But I have to be careful.
别被保险公♥司♥抓到
If those Liberty Mutual boys catch me
那一切都完了
while I’m out for a quick jog, it’s all over.
我就得和那些钱说再见
I can kiss that million bucks good-bye
去坐牢了
and say hello to Yuma State Prison.
你会被抓去监狱吗
You could go to jail?
是啊
Oh, yeah.
但监狱算什么
But what’s jail?
约翰·米尔顿曾说过 心灵才是最终的港湾
As John Milton once said, “The mind is its own place.”
那些要抓你的人什么样
So what do those, uh, Liberty Mutual boys look like?
西装革履
Suits.
西装是吧
Suits, huh?
我们来做个交易
I’ll make you a deal.
你教我拥有想象力
You teach me about imagination,
我帮你留意穿西装的
and I’ll keep a lookout.
这不太公平
That might be asking too much.
我还可以付你钱 34.18美元 现金
I can pay you, $34 and 18 cents in cash.
我存的钱
I saved it up.
你想用钱换什么
And what exactly would you want for your money?
我想知道故事是怎么来的
I wanna know where stories come from.
你想要个导师
you want a mentor.
什么
A what?
你确定要涉足这个神奇的领域吗
You absolutely sure you want to set foot into such a mysterious realm?
我确定
I’m sure.
踏进去了
You may get lost in there
可就很难回头了
and not be able to find your way back.
你说过我很勇敢
You said I’m fearless.
我是这么说过
That I did.
-所以就这么定了 -我说话算数
– So, we got a deal? – My word is my bond.
很好 什么时候上第一节课
Great. So, when’s my first lesson?
刚刚已经教你了
You just had it.
我不能走路
I can’t walk.
什么意思
What do you mean?
我是说 我没法走路 刚刚都是我编的
I mean, I can’t walk. I just made up a story.
真的吗
Really?
真的
Really.
你真是个混♥蛋♥
You’re kind of a jerk.
你想象着我在奔跑吗
Did you picture me running?
想象了
Yeah.
你看到穿着西装的人在追我吗
Did you see those men in suits coming after me?
看到了
Yeah.
我也能看到
So did I.
这就是想象力
That’s imagination.
-但是你…-这节课结束了
– But you– – Class dismissed.
明天再接着上课
We’ll have another lesson tomorrow.
好吧
Okay.
我还是觉得你个怪人
I still think you’re a jerk.
你可以这么认为
Fair enough.
朱伯·麦克劳斯
“Jubal McLaws.”
那是我最后一本呢
You got my last Wildhorn there.
35美分
It’s gonna run you 35 cents.
打了折 因为最后一页不见了
It’s discounted because it’s missing the last page.
有人把它撕掉了
Somebody tore it right out of the book.
没关系 我要了
That’s okay. I’ll take it.
我们请隔壁作家吃晚饭
What would you say if we extend a dinner invitation this evening
怎么样
to our local author?
-太好了 妈妈 -天哪
– Yes, Mama, please! – Oh, God.
但他只吃虫子 妈妈
But he only eats worms, Mama.
芙罗拉 菲妮骗你的
Flora, Finn was just teasing you.
让你们女孩子
I think it would be good for you ladies
接触文艺男有好处
to experience a literary man.
怎么请
How do you expect that to happen?
他需要一个滑坡
He needs a ramp.
我们没有
We’re not exactly handicap-friendly.
我来搭
I’ll build it.
谢谢 菲妮 看看我能不能帮忙
Thank you, Finn. Let me know if I can help.
爸爸的电♥话♥
It’s Dad.
也许他愿意来和我们吃晚饭
Maybe he’d like to come to dinner tonight.
我想要和他说话
I wanna talk.
-等我说完 -爸
– After me. – Hi, Dad.
我什么时候能见到你
When am I gonna see you?
他说会来给芙罗拉过生日
Dad’s coming the weekend of Flora’s birthday.
提醒他帮我做筏子
Tell Dad he has to finish my raft.
我生日什么时候
When’s the weekend of my birthday, Mama?
在八月 亲爱的
It’s in August, baby.
-那是什么时候 -快了
-When’s that? -Soon.
跟你♥爸♥说我会打回去的
Tell your father I’ll call him back.
他现在就想和你谈谈
No, he wants to talk to you now.
不行 我现在在开车
Not while I’m driving.
今天我来介绍夏季运动项目
Today, I will introduce our summer athletic program.
传统游戏 捡球运动
The traditional game of fetch,
我想你应该很熟悉
which I’m sure you are familiar with.
在我手里的是一个棒球
I hold in my hand a Major League baseball.
我要告诉你的是
You might be interested to know, sir,
在我左手失去知觉之前
that before I lost the use of my left arm,
我可是很厉害的棒球拦截手
I was known to possess a mean cut fast ball.
所以我希望你能把球
Therefore, my affinity for this wondrous sphere
顺利地捡回来
should come as no surprise.
去捡
Fetch.
看来你没有得到捡球的奥义
I see the concept of fetch eludes you.
这是戴夫的错
I blame Dave for that.
顺便一说
For the record, this will be the last time
这是我最后一次捡球

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!