他们的经历让人心碎 他们的形象个个都深入人心
their journeys heartbreaking, their portrayals intimate and deep.
亲爱的卡索曼先生
Dear Mr. Castleman,
您笔下的人性
the humanity in your writing
超越了阶级或性别的界限
transcends the boundaries of class and gender.
您是文字大♥师♥
You are a master of words,
但更重要的是
but, more importantly,
您是能把人类生活中各种复杂细节
you are a master at portraying the human condition
描绘得入木三分的大♥师♥
in all its complexities.
卡索曼先生 我代表瑞典文学院
Mr. Castleman, I would like to convey to you
向您表示最衷心的祝贺
the warm congratulations of the Swedish Academy
现在 请您来到台前
as I now request you to receive the Nobel Prize in Literature
会由国王陛下亲自为您颁发诺贝尔文学奖
from His Majesty, the King.
你等锅里的猪前胸肉逐渐变成褐色
You brown the brisket in the pot.
然后加两杯水 少量番茄酱
You add two cups of water, some ketchup,
还有少量蒜盐 最后才是我的秘密配方
some garlic salt and finally the secret ingredient,
一汤匙速溶咖啡
a tablespoon of instant coffee.
这是美籍犹太人文化中的典型食谱代表吗?
This is a typical recipe of the American Jewish culture?
不 这不过是证明我妈妈是个不合格厨子的典型例子
No, it’s a typical reflection of how terrible a cook my mother was.
抱歉打扰了 陛下 我得带卡索曼先生去讲台那边了
Excuse me, Your Majesty. If I may lead Mr. Castleman to the dais.
没事 去吧 -好的 抱歉我先走啦
Yes, of course. – Yeah. Excuse me.
我一会儿就回来 -好极了 一定回来啊
I’ll be back. – Yes, bravo. Please do.
跟我谈谈你吧 卡索曼夫人
Tell me about yourself, Mrs. Castleman.
你现在还在工作吗?
Do you have an occupation?
是啊
I do.
你是做什么的?
And what is that?
我是王者的缔造人
I am a kingmaker.
我妻子也会这么说
You know, my wife will tell you the same thing.
皇帝陛下 各位阁下
Your Majesties, Your Royal Highness,
各位女士们 先生们
ladies and gentlemen.
我很荣幸向大家介绍 诺贝尔文学奖获奖者
It is a great honor to introduce the Nobel Prize winner in Literature,
乔瑟夫·卡索曼先生
Mr. Joseph Castleman.
我非常感谢你们给予我如此无上荣耀
I’m deeply grateful for the honor you have given me.
但这份荣耀赢该给的是…
But really this honor should go…
这份荣耀应该给的是另一个人
Really this honor should go to someone else.
我的妻子 琼
My wife, Joan.
琼是我梦寐以求的人生伴侣
Joan truly is my better half.
因为她的存在
She’s made it possible for me to find
我才能懂得
the stillness,
我的文学创作何时该静如止水
as well as the noise,
何时该动若脱兔
to create my body of work.
没有她 今晚我根本不可能站在这里
Without her, I certainly wouldn’t be standing up here tonight.
我只会坐在家里
I’d be at home,
直勾勾地盯着一张纸
staring at a blank piece of paper,
麻木的张着嘴 却说不出一个字
my mouth open in stupefaction.
我的妻子让我得以明智
My wife is my sanity,
她是我的良心所在
my conscience,
也是我每一个创作激♥情♥的
and the inspiration for every decent impulse
动力源泉
I have ever had.
琼 你就是我灵感
Joan, you are my muse,
我的爱人
my love,
我的灵魂
my soul.
我将与你共享此荣
And I share this honor with you.
亲爱的
Darling.
你干什么? -我得离开这里
What are you doing? – I’m leaving.
你说什么呢? -没事 你可以留下
What are you talking about? – No, it’s okay. You can stay.
我必须得离开这里 -抱歉 稍等
I just have to leave. – Excuse me.

Joan.
琼 我想跟你谈谈
Joan, listen. I want to talk to you…
哦 天啊
Oh, God.
没事 -非常抱歉
No, it’s okay. – I’m so sorry.
没事
It’s all right.
来 跟我来 -琼
Come, my dear, come. – Joan.
我带您去化妆室
I will take you to the powder room.
我想回酒店了
I would like to go back to the hotel.
告诉我您的晚礼服尺寸 我可以给您送一件新的
If you tell me your dress size, I can have a clean gown delivered to you.
不用了 谢谢 今晚我不会再出席酒宴了
No, thank you. I’m done for the night.
哦 天啊
Oh, God.
您的诺贝尔奖 先生 -谢谢你
Your award, sir. – Thank you.
卡索曼夫人 我们对此事表示诚挚的歉意
Mrs. Castleman, I’m so very, very sorry that this happened.
非常抱歉
I’m sorry.
古斯塔夫 能把暖风打开吗?
Gustav, would you turn up the heat, please?
马上就开 先生
Right away, sir.
能让我和我妻子好好谈谈吗? 谢谢你
And would you give us some privacy? Thank you.
我们回酒店 你换好衣服 我们再回去
So we’ll go to the hotel, you’ll change, we’ll go back,
短暂地露个面
make a quick appearance,
然后这一切届时就会都结束的
and then we’ll be done with this whole fucking thing.
我要跟你离婚
I’m leaving you.
你说什么? -我受够了
What are you talking about? – I can’t do this anymore.
别犯傻了 你不会离开我的
Don’t be crazy. You’re not leaving me.
别表现出什么惊讶啊 心碎啊或者震惊啊之类的
Don’t act surprised or heartbroken or shocked,
因为这些感受你都不会有的
none of which you could possibly be.
我知道你不想让我在我的演讲中提及你
Look, I know you didn’t want me to acknowledge you in my speech,
可你认为我上台是在秀演技吗?
but do you think everything I said up there was for show?
我每句话都是出自真心的
I meant every word of it.
天啊 你就信我这回吧 -信你什么?
God, give me some credit. – What for?
信我爱你 -饶了我吧 乔
For loving you. – Oh, God, Joe.
怎么了?
What?
给你
Here.
给你 拿着 -我才不要
Here, take it. – I don’t want it.
这是属于你的 -我不想要 这是你的
It belongs to you. – I don’t want it. It’s yours.
都是你的 上面刻得全他妈都是你的名字
It’s all yours. It has your fucking name on it!
赶紧拿着 -我不想要
Fucking take it. – I don’t want it.
我不想要这鬼东西
I don’t want the fucking thing!
你这是干什么?
What are you doing?
你干了什么?
What did you just do?
你找到了? -我找到了
You have it? – I found it.
谢天谢地 谢谢你了
Thank God. Thank you.
小琼 来 坐下 坐我眼前就好
Joanie, come, sit down. Sit where I can look at you.
来嘛 我想跟你谈谈
Come on. I wanna talk to you.
你想喝一杯吗? -不想
Do you want a drink? – No, thanks.
听着 小琼
Listen, Joanie…
听我说 我们的所作所为
Listen, there is nothing horrible
没有一点是可怕的 可耻的或者违背道德的
or shameful or immoral about what we do.
我们是写作搭档
We’re writing partners.
我们一起创作出了这一系列文学作品
We’ve created a beautiful body of work together.
你负责编辑 乔 你只会编辑
You edit, Joe. That’s all you do.
是我每天八小时的坐在桌前
I’m the one who sits at that desk eight hours a day.
你是这么想的吗? 是吗?
Is that the way you see it? Really?
这么多年来 你一直沉浸在巨大的怨恨之中?
All these years you’ve been sitting in some giant stew of resentment?
那这么多年我♥干♥的呢 帮你揉背
And what about all the years I’ve been rubbing your back,
给你端茶 给你做饭 帮你带孩子
bringing you tea, cooking you dinner, watching the kids,
这样你就能全神贯注地写作了 我这算什么?
so you could work without distraction?
你有没有想过 你才是有才华的作家这一点
You don’t think there were times when it killed me
有多少次害得我想去死?
that you were the one with the golden touch?
你认为每天早上我会对自己有哪怕一分的自豪?
You think I wake up every morning feeling even remotely proud of myself?
但我有没有跟你说过 我要离婚
But have I ever said I’m done with this marriage,
我要离开你的话?
I’m walking away?
没有 你只是出轨而已 -天啊
No, you had affairs. – Oh, God.
我对每次出轨都后悔万分
And I’ve regretted every fucking one of them.
是啊 你趴在我双腿之间哭着求我原谅你
Yeah, right, you’d sob in my lap, and you’d beg me to forgive you,
而我每次都原谅你
and I always would because, you know,
是因为你总有办法让我认为是我的才华逼你出轨
somehow you convinced me that my talent made you do it.
得了吧 -而当我特别生气
Oh, shit. – And then when I was too angry
或者极度愤怒 又或者受伤太深而不能写作时
or too furious or too hurt to write,
你就会给我揉背
you would give me one of your famous back rubs,
而你会说 用这个作为写作灵感吧 琼
and you’d say, “Use it, Joanie. Use it.”
我从没说过这话 -你说过
I never said that. – Yes, you did.
幸运的是我知道如果宣泄这些情绪
Lucky for me I had somewhere to put it.
我是说 评论家们非常喜欢思薇雅·福莱
I mean, critics loved the image of Sylvia Fry, you know,
尤其是她把她衣服上的泪痕擦掉的这种形象
scrubbing the tear stains out of her dress.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!