if the IPA doesn’t hit the spot.
你觉得他们是什么样的
What do you reckon they’re like?
火车上的其他人
The other folks on the train?
我一直想知道 那个城里人
I always wonder. You know the city guy?
穿着手工西服 小指戴着共济会戒指
Handmade suit and Masonic pinky ring.
我一直觉得他是个自信的工业巨头
I always saw him as this self-assured giant of industry.
结果 有一天 我看见他在百安居
And then, one day, I saw him in B&Q.
在看管道之类的东西
He was looking at pipes and stuff.
他看起来不知所措
And he looked completely out of his depth.
完全不行
Totally incompetent.
可以想象
I can imagine.
我经常根据他们读的东西
I’m always making up their life stories
编他们的人生故事
based on what they’re reading.
你知道那个忘带票的孩子吗
You know the kid who forgot his ticket?
知道 -平时读科幻小说
Yeah. – Science fiction usually.
所以我把他设定为梦想家
So I have him as a dreamer.
他在自己的世界比在现实世界更舒服
More comfortable in his own mind than the real world.
那个短发女人经常读书
That woman with the bob’s always reading.
她用书作掩护
She uses her book like a shield,
表示”别和我说话”独行者
says ‘don’t talk to me’. Loner.
也有读浪漫主义的 简·奥斯汀和D·H·劳伦斯
Then there’s the romantic. Jane Austen and DH Lawrence.
其实基本都是鸡仔文学
So, I mean, basically chick lit but too much of a snob
但对玛丽安·凯斯来说太过高雅了
for Marian Keyes.
我都不知道该感动还是害怕
I don’t know whether to be impressed or terrified.
又不是我要给他们办圣诞派对
I’m not the one throwing them a Christmas party.
也许你可以帮帮忙
Maybe you can help?
你似乎了解他们是怎样的人
You seem to know what they’re like.
不 我瞎猜的
No, I’m just guessing.
但如果你了解了他们
But if you got to know them,
你就会明白他们是怎样的人
then you really would know what they’re like.
如果你确实需要帮忙
If you did need some help with, um…
计划什么的
…planning stuff.
谢谢
Thanks.
晚安
Night.
宝贝 我来了
Babes, now I’m here,
我想我没必要
I’m thinking there is no point in me
回来搬家 对吧
coming back for the move, is there?
全都订好了 你只带一个箱子就行了
It’s all booked in and you’ll only have a case.
除非你真的需要我回去
Unless you really need me there then, of course,
坐飞机很辛苦 -没事
but the flight is a slog. – It’s fine.
没事 没什么大不了
It’s fine. It’s no big deal.
好 你能处理好
Yeah, you’ll manage it.
你会喜欢这个地方的 是派对中心
And, hey, you’re gonna love this place. It’s party central.
等等 出租司机给我打电♥话♥了
Hold on, my cab’s calling me.
拜拜 西蒙
Goodbye, Simon.
你什么时候实验这个圣诞派对
When are you gonna have this Christmas party experiment?
因为我们20号♥要参加妈妈的派对
Because we’ve got mum’s party on the 20th,
21号♥要参加招待会
then a reception on the 21st
22号♥要赴鲁宾逊·汤克的晚宴
and then the Robinson Tonker dinner on the 22nd.
我22号♥办
I’ll, um, I’ll go with the 22nd.
所以我得鸽了鲁宾逊·汤克的晚宴
So, I’ll need to miss the Robinson Tonker dinner.
管他是什么
Whatever that is.
他们是重要的潜在客户
They’re important potential clients.
你不能让我一个人去
You can’t make me go on my own.
拜托 你很擅长寒暄
Come on, you’re brilliant at small talk.
我知道我们在一起是有原因的
I knew there was a reason we were together.
宝贝 我知道你认为这个派对想法很蠢
Baby, I know you think this party idea is stupid,
但我话都已经放出去了
but I’ve put it out there now.
我得兑现承诺
I have to deliver.
你这个笨蛋
You’re such an idiot.
我觉得这个小派对真的很暖心 宝贝
Look, this little party, I think it’s really sweet, babe,
但我的工作对我来说很重要
but my job is important to me.
我就想说声谢谢
Just wanted to say thanks.
为举办派对
For throwing the party?
不是 不是那个
God no. Not that.
就售票员那次
Just that time with the conductor.
从没觉得我会和你说话…
Never felt as if I could speak to you…
但现在说上了
..but now I have.
你懂的
Well, you know.
但其实…你应该谢他
But really… it’s him you should be thanking.
谢谢你那天帮我
Thanks for helping me the other day.
不客气 我明白那种感受
Oh, it’s alright. I know what it’s like. Yeah.
我曾有一次被赶下公交 -是吗
I got chucked off a bus once. – Did you?
就在利物浦城外
Right outside Liverpool.
我尝试回去 然后又被赶下去了
Yeah, I was trying to get back and kicked me off.
开心点
Cheers.
早上好 牛仔 -你好
Morning, cowboy. – Hello.
我想他们在等新进展
I think they’re expecting an update.
大家早上好
..morning, folks.
你们好
Hello.
我想让你们知道
Just, er, to let you know
首届兰顿线圣诞派对
that the inaugural Langton Line Christmas party
将在22号♥晚上举♥行♥
will be on the evening of the 22nd,
如果各位有空的话
if that suits everyone.
然后…
Oh, er, and…
也许举手表决会有帮助
..well, maybe a show of hands might be helpful.

Yeah.
没错
Oh, yes.
是个开始 亲密起来是件好事
It’s a start. And intimate is-is good.
如果有人改变主意或者想来帮忙
And if anyone changes their mind or wants to help?
其他的都解决了 除了食物
Everything is sorted apart from the food
饮料 音乐和场地
and the drinks, and the music, and the venue.
所以…
So, um…
如果有任何建议 来办公室找我
Yeah, well, if you’ve any suggestions, you’ll find me
就在靠过道的35号♥座位
in my office here, seat 35 aisle um…
好 非常感谢
Good. Thank you very much.
很棒
That was great.
我们不去吗
Are we not going?
你认真的 -对
Are you serious? – Yeah.
看看他们 不是退休老人就是疯子
Look at them. Just pensioners and lunatics.

Yeah.
那我们就待在家跟你妈和兄弟一起看电视
Let’s just stay at home watching telly instead
因为我们从没这么干过
with your mum and brother because we never do that.
你圣诞节有什么打算吗
What are you doing for Christmas?
回家还是… -不 今年不回了
You going to family or…? – No. Not this year. No.
我会去社区中心
I’ll get down the community centre.
他们午餐做得不错
They do a good lunch there.
我家只有我和我妈一起过
It’s just me and mum.
我们会搞一个巨大的火鸡腿
We get one of those giant turkey drumsticks.
巨大的火鸡腿
Oh, the giant drumstick.
很不错 -我们很喜欢
Very nice. – Does us fine.
你不喜欢吗 那个派对
You not fancy it? The party?
那小子脑子一定不正常
Fella must have a screw loose.
我去过一次萨沃伊酒店的圣诞派对
I went to a Christmas party once in the Savoy Hotel.
舞厅里有驯鹿和雪花飘落
They had reindeer and snow falling in the ballroom.
很美好的一晚
What a night.
我当时和你差不多大
I was your age, about.
那里的女孩子们
There were these girls there.
优雅 美丽 俊俏
Polished, fine, handsome women.
有个叫黛博拉·斯旺的女孩请我去她家喝茶
One of them, Deborah Swan, asked me to tea at her house.
你去了吗 -去了
Did you go? – I did.
我们享受了茶 蛋糕 香槟 圣诞和新年
We had tea, cakes, then champagne, Christmas, New Year.
她1月3号♥把我赶走了
She kicked me out on the 3rd of January.
但六个月后我们结婚了
We got married 6 months later.
很难想象老人也曾年轻过 对吧
It’s hard to imagine an old man was once a young man, isn’t it?
你今年会向圣诞老人要什么
What are you asking Santa for this year?
去年我得到了一瓶古龙香水
Last year I got this bottle of cologne
上过泰坦尼克号♥的
that had been on the Titanic.
我确实很明显暗示了三明治机 但…
I did hint fairly heavily for a toasted sandwich maker, but…
不错
That’s nice.
阿曼达喜欢礼物

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!