I’m Lexie… Lexie Coop. – Hi.
你好. – 这些花哪来的
Hi. – Where’d all these flowers come from?
社会各界.你是大名人了
All over. You’re a big celebrity.
记者也来了.坐起来
They’re reporters here. Lean up.
你看
See?
电视台的都在这一整夜了.- 为什么
TV! They’ve been here all night. – What for?
因为你啊!他们想采访你
For you! They wanna talk to you.
我? – 当然
Me? – Of course.
每个人都想采访沃尔玛宝宝的妈妈呢
Everybody wants to talk to the mother of the Wal-Mart baby.
我是不是闯祸了,警♥察♥会不会来抓我?- 为什么?
Am I in trouble? Are they gonna arrest me? – What for?
因为我住在卖♥♥场里.- 抓你
For livin’ in the Wal-Mart. – Arrest you?
医院会扣留我的孩子吗?? 她在哪里
Is the hospital gonna keep my baby? Where is she?
他们为什么要这么做?- 我付不起住院费
Why would the hospital keep your baby? – Because I can’t pay.
就像在餐厅…如果你没钱付账…他们会让你洗盘子
It’s like… it’s like a restaurant… when you can’t pay,they make you wash dishes.
我不知道医院会要我做什么
I don’t know what they’re gonna make me do.
不.不. – 我一贫如洗,什么都没有
No. No. – I’m broke. I got nothin’.
我没有家人,没有工作,又生了孩子
I have no family,no job,and I got a baby.
我知道你需要什么
I know what you need.
你真乖,猜猜我们要去见谁
[Gurgling] – Yes,you’re okay. Look who we’re going to see.
是时候了要见到妈妈了
[Gasps] Say,”It’s about time.”
这样好点了吧?
Does that help? – [Gurgling]

Oh,oh,yeah.
怎么会如此深爱刚刚见到的人呢?
How can you love someone so much you just met?
佛尼也没事.医生帮他缝了几针.就回家休息了
Forney’s okay too. Doctor stitched him up and sent him on home.
佛尼?图书馆男孩? – 嗯哼
Forney? The “libary” guy? – Mm-hmm.
是的. – 为什么?他怎么了?
Yeah. – Why? What happened to him?
为了帮你接生,他跳过了厚厚的玻璃窗户
He jumped through a plate-glass window to deliver your baby.
你不记得了? – 那个人是他?
Don’t you remember? – That was him?
[Fussing] – Oh.
那么,你要帮她取个什么名字?
So,what are you gonna name her?
哦,对了
Oh,that’s right.
阿梅里克斯? 你怎么会想到取个美♥利♥坚♥的名字呢?
[Lexie] “Americus”? How the hell’d you come up with a name like Americus?
我希望给她取个坚强的名字 一个有意义的名字
[Novalee] I wanted her to have a strong name,a name that stood for somethin’.
Ooh. Aw. – [Baby Crying]
我也没资格给你建议,我都用食物点心,来帮孩子们取名
Well,I guess I should talk. I call my kids after snack foods:
布朗尼 宝琳 查莉跟露丝
Brownie,Praline,Cherry and Baby Ruth.
Brownie 核仁巧克力蛋糕.Praline 比利时知名品牌果仁糖.
Cherry 樱桃糕点.Baby Ruth 雀巢生产的巧克力棒糖
你有四个?你看起来这么年轻. – 对
You got four? You don’t look old enough. – Yep.
我十五岁怀孕 就没停下来过
Well,I started when I was 15,and I just couldn’t stop.
我本想帮孩子找♥个♥爸♥爸♥ 但却只得到另一个孩子
I wanted to find the first one a daddy,but all I got out of that was another baby.
所以我就想帮他们找爸爸 结果就这样继续下去
So,I wanted to find ’em both a daddy,and so on,and so on.
我想我一开始就想错了
I think I’m goin’ about this the wrong way. – [Chuckles]
嗨,她在那里,卖♥♥场妈妈
Hey! There she is! That’s the Wal-Mart mommy!
你在卖♥♥场里头住了多久?
Now,how long were you living in the Wal-Mart?
Uh,uh,
Uh,uh,
六个星期 – 那是怎样的生活
six weeks. – And what was it like?
你知道
You know.
[Giggles]
你跟孩子的爸爸联络过吗?
Have you spoken to the father?
娜薇莉 如果我是你,就不会接触传播业(指接受采访)
Novalee,if I was you,I’d rule out a career in broadcastin’.
为什么会写这么伤人的话? – 说了什么?
Why would anyone write anything so hurtful? – What’s it say?
“非婚生下来的孩子在上帝眼中令人深恶痛绝”
“A baby born out of holy wedlock is an abomination in the eyes of God.”
我的孩子才不惹人厌
[Sighs] – My baby is not an abomination.
别理他.- 密奈,密西西比
Screw ’em. – Midnight,Mississippi.
天啊.这封信很悲伤
Oh,my. This one’s sad.
“我是在福斯旅行车后座生产.我在那里住了快一年”
“I gave birth to a baby in a V.W. Van where I lived for nearly a year.”
我的孩子没能撑过来 希望你的孩子可以
[Sighs] ” My baby didn’t make it. I hope yours does.
我没有什么可以给你 但我想你可能需要钱
I don’t have much else to offer you,but I know that some money might help,
所以随信附上十块钱
so I enclose $10.”
你相信吗?
Can you believe that?
“杜妲,”德克萨斯州
“Duda,” Texas. – [Chuckles]
我希望我可以给你钱,可是我一无所有
“I wish I could send you some money,but I don’t have any.
我能给你一个家
What I can offer you is a good home.”
把十块钱寄给她
Send her the $10.
莱茜,你的孩子打电♥话♥来
Lexie,one of your kids is on the phone.
哪一个
Which one?
不知道.披萨还是巧克力
I don’t know. Pez,Twinkie… one of ’em.
马上回来
[Scoffs] I’ll be right back. – [Giggles]
娜薇莉在里面吗? – 是的,夫人
[Woman] Is Novalee in there? – [Lexie] Yes,ma’am.
Well
希望孩子不要叫我外婆
I hope you don’t think this kid’s gonna call me “Grandma.”
夫人,会客时间到九点…
I’m sorry,ma’am,but visiting hours are not until… [Gasps]
什么时候? – 现在
Are when? – Right now.
好,谢谢
Yes. Thank you.
妈妈? – 我以为你会很惊讶
Mama? – I thought you’d be surprised.
你怎么知道我在这里? – 给你
How’d you know I was here? – There ya are.
我在电视上看到你的报导
I saw your fabulous interview on the television,
就跳上一辆车,来到这里
and I hopped right in the car,and here I am.
我发了数十个小时转坐那该死的车
Oh,I must have been in that damn car,like,ten hours,I’m tellin’ you.
从哪
From where?
纽奥尔良
New Orleans.
我现在住在那里.呣…
I been livin’ there about,um…
Huh.
大概有两三年了吧
I guess I been livin’ there about two,three years now.
跟弗雷德? – 谁?
With Fred? – Who?
弗雷德,那个裁判
Fred,the umpire.
[Scoffs]
那个猪头?我的天
That shithead? Oh,my God!
老天啊
[Laughing] Jesus!
你怎么会想到他
What in God’s name made you think of him?
因为那是你离开的原因
Because he was the reason you left.
离开什么? – 离开我
Left what? – Me.
天啊,现在
Oh,geez. Now,
甜心,听我说
sweetie,look.
那都已经过去了
[Scoffs] That is all water under the bridge.
我开了十小时的车,可不是来求你原谅我的,对吧?
I didn’t drive here for ten hours to reminisce with you,all right?
那你来做什么? – 来帮你啊
Well,then why did you come? – Well,I thought you could use some help.
你在电视上看起来并不好
You didn’t look too good up there. You…
住在卖♥♥场里面,可不叫出人头地
Livin’ in the Wal-Mart is not my idea of a big success.
你要怎么帮? – 我不知道
How are you gonna help? – I don’t know.
你有男人吗? – 没有
You got a man? – No.
难不成是人工受孕
It’s not one of those artificial “spermination” things is it?
不是
No.
那么那个把你害成这样的浑帐东西在哪里?
Then where is the prick who put you in this mess?
加州
California.
这有点道理
[Laughs] Well,that figures.
混♥蛋♥都搬到加州
All the pricks… they move to California.
他们应该改名叫混州
They ought to call it “Prick-ifornia.”
有地方住吗?
Got a place to live?
甜心.你需要住的地方来照顾孩子
Sweetie,look. You are going to need a place to take this baby.
或许你可以搬到希尔斯百货 或者是量贩超♥市♥也不错
Maybe you should think about movin’ into Sears. I hear Kmart is really nice.
你是来取笑我的吗?
Did you come all this way just to make fun of me?
天啊 不是
God,no.
老天啊
Jesus.
不. – 我是来…
[Stamping Out Ash] – I didn’t. I wanted…
帮我的女儿跟她的孩子的
[Laughing Nervously] To help my child with her child,is all.
你要我离开? – 不
You want me to go? – No.
这才像话
All right then. [Chuckles]
你几时出院? – 明天
When are they lettin’ you out? – Tomorrow.
Hmm.
我不急着离开
Well,I’m not in any hurry to move on.
或许可以帮我们找个地方… 就你 我 跟宝宝
Maybe I could find a place… you and me and the baby.
就像…一个家?
You mean like… like a home?
Uh…
家,公♥寓♥…直到你能自立为止
home,apartment,whatever… till you get on your feet.
我只有一点钱
I got me a little money. [Chuckles]
我有钱,沃尔玛董事长资助了我五百块
Oh,I got money. The president of Wal-Mart sent me $500.
为什么?
Why?
他不是孩子的父亲吧 – 不是
He’s not the father of the child,is he? – No.
见鬼 – 他只是想表现下善意
Aw,shit. – No,he just wanted to be nice.
在沃尔玛他们还给我了一份工作
They offered me any job in any Wal-Mart in the country.
Wow. [Chuckles]
所以
So.
我在想
I’m thinkin’,
你的钱和我的钱加起来
what with your money and my money together,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!