Welcome home.
-敬兰迪和玛利亚 -敬兰迪和玛利亚
-To Randy and Maria. -Randy and Maria.
我们尽力了…这才是最重要的
We did our best… and that’s what matters.
我们做了一切能做的事情
We did everything we could.
过去的都已经过去了
The past is the past,
现在我们必须放下它
and now we must let it go.
玛利亚
Maria?
兰迪
Randy.

Hey.
我是为了钱去的
I went for the money.
那些画价值超过一亿美元
Those paintings are worth over $100 million.
我就是为了这个才跟她一起去的
That’s why I went out there with her.
我是为钱而去的 帕姆
I went for the money, Pam.
这是人之常情
It’s natural.
但是现在你回家了 一切都好了
But you’re home now, and it’s okay.
是这样吗
Is it?
兰迪
Randy?
奥地利政♥府♥文♥化♥部♥ 艺术品归还要求
9个月后
一共29美元 先生
That’s $29, sir.
-谢谢惠顾 谢夫太太 -再见
-Thank you, Mrs. Scheff. -Good-bye.
噢 不好意思
Oh. Excuse me.
谢谢
Thank you.
过了这么久再见到你真高兴
Fancy seeing you again, after all this time.
美景宫画作集
Belvedere catalog,
在威尔夏街的巴诺书店打折出♥售♥
on sale in Barnes & Noble on Wilshire.
你也好 你在喋喋不休地说什么呢
And hello to you, too. What are you babbling about?
你不明白 我们逮住他们了
You don’t understand. We got ’em.
你在这里就可以起诉他们了 在美国
You can sue them here, in the U.S.
噢 别再提这事了
Oh. Not all that again.
噢 算了 兰迪 我想你说过
Oh, anyway, Randy, I thought you said
我们不能在这里起诉他们 因为那个…
we couldn’t sue them here because of that…
外国豁免权什么的
the foreign state immunity thing.
我是说过 但是我发现了一个漏洞 有三个条件
I did, but I found a loophole. Three conditions.
什么条件
Which are?
当财产的取得违背了国际法的时候
When the property’s taken in violation of international law.
-这符合条件 -谢谢
-Which it was. -Thank you.
还有财产被外国机构持有
And that property is owned by an agency of a foreign state.
你是说美景宫美术馆
You mean the Belvedere Gallery?
谢谢 而且那个机构
Thank you. And that agency
在美国境内参与了商业活动
engages in a commercial activity within the USA.
在巴诺书店卖♥♥书
Selling books in Barnes & Noble?
谢谢 如果满足这三个条件
Thank you. If you meet these criteria,
你就可以在美国起诉他们
you can sue them here in the U.S.
祝贺你…都满足了 你可以起诉
Congratulations… you meet ’em. You can sue.
是的 但是我不想起诉
Yes, but I don’t want to.
噢 难道你忘了我说过的话吗 兰迪
Oh, don’t you remember what I told you, Randy?
有时…
Sometimes it’s…
你必须得向前走
You just have to move on.
这可是希望渺茫
It’s a long shot.
首先 没有先例可循
For starters, there’s no precedent.
有的 我找到了一件案子 先生
There is. There’s one case that I found, sir.
是一家来自阿根廷的犹太人 他们失去了一家旅馆
It’s a Jewish family from Argentina, they lost a hotel.
回答是不准
The answer is no.
我真的感觉有戏 先生
I have a real feeling about this, sir.
什么时候起 我付你钱是让你找感觉来了
Since when have we been paying you to have feelings?
通常人们称之为最后通牒 兰迪
It’s commonly known as an ultimatum, Randy.
我已经让你开心了
I humored you.
我想”让他去欧洲 放松一下肌肉吧”
“Let him go to Europe,” I thought, “Let him flex his muscles.”
天知道 我内心真有点希望…
God knows, I suppose there was a small part of me that hoped…
-你找到了个大案子 -我就是的
-you were onto something. -I think I am.
你没有 根本就没有希望
You’re not. There isn’t a case.
美奥两国间没有强制执行机制
There’s no enforcement mechanism between the U.S. and Austria.
再试一次就好 先生
Just one more go, sir.
我现在需要你呆在这
I need you here now.
别再搞些课余活动
No more extracurricular stuff,
也别再提克里姆特
and no more Klimts.
你好
Hi there.
你好 我要提起对奥地利政♥府♥的诉讼
Hi. I’m here to file a lawsuit against the Austrian government.
我已经填了传票 这是起诉书
I’ve filled in the summons and that’s the complaint.
-给你多少钱 -嗯 一共165美元
-What do I owe you? -Well, that’ll cost you $165.
我想有一天能跟女儿一起去奥地利
I want to go to Austria one day, with my daughter.
她很喜欢袋鼠
She loves kangaroos.
玛利亚
Maria?
嗨 你能跟我过来一下吗
Hey, can you come with me for a second?
我想让你做个见证
I’d like you to witness something.
快 快 快 快…再说一次
Come on, come on, come on, come on… double time.
-嗨 -嗨
-Hi. -Hi.
布兰德斯泰特领事在吗
Is Consul Brandstetter around?
-抱歉他不在 先生 -噢 那就跟他说…
-I’m afraid not, sir. -Oh, well, tell him…
阿特曼太太和兰迪·勋伯格来过了
that Mrs. Altmann and Randy Schoenberg dropped by.
-我想他可能听说过我们 -好的
-I think he may have heard of us. -Okay.
我们找奥地利领事干吗
What do we want with the Austrian Consul?
请知会他
Please inform him that I’m
我是来递交传票和起诉书的…在这
dropping off a summons and complaint… here it is.
我们要起诉奥地利政♥府♥
We’re taking the Austrian government to court.
祝您愉快
Have a nice day.
-嗯 -好吧
-Mm. -Okay.
兰迪…
Randy…
请你能走慢点好吗 告诉我究竟发生了什么
Will you slow down a little, please, and tell me what’s going on?
我们要起诉他们
We’re taking them to court.
不 你不能这样做 你不能就这么
No, you can’t do this. You can’t just go
横冲直撞…像疯了的蒸汽压路机
charging ahead like a… like a mad steamroller.
-我不能吗 -兰迪 别走那么快
-Can’t I? -Randy, stop walking so fast.
我跟不上你了 停下
I can’t keep up with you. Stop!
听我说…
Now…
我告诉过你我无意起诉他们
I told you before I have no interest in suing them.
我已经刺♥激♥够了
I have had enough excitement.
我…我已经恢复安静的生活
I… I have returned to my quiet life
而且终于找回了内心安宁
and finally begun to find some peace again.
说得再有自信点
Say that again with conviction.
不得无礼
Don’t be impertinent.
噢 你真烦人
Oh, you do annoy me.
不管怎么 你没有时间处理这事情
Anyway, you don’t have the time for this.
你…你还要养活家人
You… you have a family to support,
还有份全职工作
and you have a full-time job.
噢 不
Oh, no.
你说你退出了是什么意思
What do you mean, you quit?
我辞职了
I quit my job.
喂 我跟我父亲说了…他可以借我们一笔钱
Hey, I talked to my father… he can give us a loan, you know,
-噢 很好 好极了 -够我们撑几个月了
-Oh, great. Great. -to keep us afloat for a few months.
正好在我们准备迎接下一个宝宝的时候
Just when we’re expecting another baby.
你不觉得我们压力已经够大了吗
Don’t you think we’re under pressure enough?
我们应该共同做这个决定
We’re supposed to make these decisions together.
-重点不是在这吗 -是的
-Isn’t that the point? -Yeah.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
你是对的
You’re right.
是因为奥地利
It’s Austria.
在那里发生了一些事 我不知道…
Something happened out there, and I don’t know…
我不知道为什么 我就是放不下
I don’t know why, but I can’t let it go.
我觉得这事很重要
I think it’s important.
我非常抱歉
I’m so sorry.
希望我们今天不是在浪费时间
Let’s hope we’re not wasting our time today.
你清楚这只是第一阶段 是吧
You realize this is only the first stage, right?
他们请的斯坦·古尔德来自罗斯律师事务所
They’ve hired Stan Gould of Heimann Rose,
一家相当成功的犹太律师事务所
which is a hotshot Jewish law firm.
他们给犹太孩子工作机会真是善良
Nice of them to give jobs to Jewish boys.
他们试图从程序上驳回这个案件
They’re trying to dismiss the case on procedural grounds,
就是把”我们要缓缓而退”说得漂亮点
which is just a fancy way of saying we’re trying to drag it out.
寄希望于我在法♥院♥受理案件之前就死
In the hopes that I’ll die before the case comes to court.
没错
Precisely.
嗯 那我就帮个忙 好好活着

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!