I see.
我明白了
I’m sorry, I…
对不起我
Look, as I said, I don’t have anything to give.
我已经说了我没什么可以捐的
I’m…

Please…
拜托
No.

I wish you all a good day.
祝你们今天顺利
You have refused to contribute
你拒绝了捐赠
to our collection on behalf of the veterans?
我们可是为退伍军人募捐
Their families?
还为他们的家人
I also hear that you have refused
我听说你还拒绝
to accept the family allowance,
接受家庭津贴
and other subsidies the state would have provided you.
还有国家为你提供的其他津贴
Why?
为什么
Franz. Tell me.
弗兰兹告诉我
Show a little humor.
拿出幽默感
Yes.
是的
Nobody refused but you.
除了你没人拒绝
Please.
拜托了
Thank you.
谢谢
We must be strong.
我们必须要坚强
Stand firm.
坚定
Learn the lesson of the blacksmith.
吸取铁匠的教训
No matter how hard the hammer strikes…
无论锤子挥得多用力
the anvil cannot,
铁砧都不能
need not, strike back.
也无需反击
The anvil outlives the hammer.
铁砧比锤子更长寿
That which is hammered on the anvil,
被放在铁砧上捶打的东西
takes its form,
最后成型
not only from the hammer, but the anvil, too.
不仅归功于锤子也归功于铁砧
Have a seat.
坐吧
Your excellency.
阁下
Thank you so much for speaking with me.
非常感谢您能和我谈话
If God gives us free will,
如果上帝赐予了我们自♥由♥的意志
we’re responsible for what we do…
我们就要对我们做的事
what we fail to do…
以及没做到的事负责
aren’t we?
对吗
If our leaders
如果我们的领导
are not good…
不善良
if they’re evil…
而是邪恶的
What does one do?
我们该怎么办
I want to save my life,
我想保住自己的命
but not through lies.
但不想借助谎言
You have a duty to the Fatherland.
你有义务报效祖国
The church tells you so.
这是教会的教导
Do you know the words
你知道使徒的
of the apostle?
教义吗
Let every man be subject
所有的人都当服从
“to the powers placed over him.”
“在上掌权的”
Do you hear those bells?
你听到钟声了吗
They’re melting them.
他们要把钟熔了
For bullets.
制♥造♥子弹
I think he was afraid
他好像担心
that I might be a spy.
我可能是间谍
They don’t dare to commit themselves,
他们不敢挺身而出
or it could be their turn next.
怕下一个轮到自己
We can’t blame the Bishop for going along.
我们不能怪主教趋炎附势
He hoped, by doing it,
他这样做是希望
that the regime would be more tolerant towards the Church.
政♥权♥能够对教会更加宽容
But now, the priests are sent
但现在牧师们被送往了
to concentration camps.
集中营
Church processions banned.
教会游♥行♥也被禁止了
We don’t have a say.
我们没有话语权
What can we do?
我们能做什么
We,
我们
little people here.
这些小人物
Give me a piece of coal.
给我一块木炭
Coal? Just one.
木炭就一块
Just one? Yeah.
就一块对
Thank you.
谢谢
I paint the tombs of the prophets.
我画了先知们的墓穴
I help people look up from those pews and dream.
我让人们能坐在长椅上抬头做梦
They look up and…
他们抬头看
they imagine that if they lived back in Christ’s time,
会想象如果自己生活在基♥督♥那个时代
they wouldn’t have done what the others did.
他们不会做出前人做过的事
They would have murdered those whom they now adore.
他们会杀死现在所崇拜的人
I paint all this suffering, but I don’t suffer myself.
我描绘这些苦难但我自己并不痛苦
I make a living of it.
我靠此谋生
What we do
我们做的事
is just create
只是创造
sympathy.
同情
We create…
我们创造
We create admirers.
我们创造崇拜者
We don’t create followers.
但不创造追随者
Christ’s life is a demand.
基♥督♥的生命就是索求
You don’t want to be reminded of it.
你也不愿时刻记着这一点
So we don’t have to see what happens to the truth.
如此我们就不需要知道真理的下场了
A darker time is coming…
更黑暗的时代来临了
when men will be more clever.
人们会更加聪明
They won’t fight the truth.
他们不会反抗真理
They’ll just ignore it.
只会无视它
I paint their comfortable Christ,
我画的是抚慰人心的基♥督♥
with a halo over his head.
头上有光环
How can I show
我该如何表现
what I haven’t lived?
我没经历过的苦难
Someday I might have the courage to venture.
将来我或许会有勇气尝试
Not yet.
但现在不会
Someday I’ll…
将来我会
I’ll paint the true Christ.
我会画出真实的基♥督♥
They won’t call you up.
他们不会征召你的
They need farmers.
他们需要农民
How else are people going to eat?
否则人们吃什么呢
Maybe the war will end soon.
或许战争很快就结束了
Is she asleep? Yeah.
她睡着了吗嗯
Why are you looking at me that way?
你们为什么这么看我
It’s an act of madness.
他的行为是疯狂的
A sin…
是罪过
A sin against his family, against his village.
对家人对村庄来说都是罪过
We’re different, Mother.
我们不一样母亲
I’m sorry.
对不起
But I am grateful to you for wishing me the best.
但我很感激你对我的祝福
Your life was hard enough already.
你的生活已经够艰难了
His mother looks at me coldly,
他母亲冷漠地看着我
like I was to blame.
仿佛是我的错
I want what you want.
我和你的想法是一样的
But I can’t bear that he makes you suffer.
但我不能忍♥受他让你受苦
He makes a choice for you, too.
他也为你做出了选择
Does he know what he’s doing?
他知道他在做什么吗
Tell him.
告诉他
Pride.
傲慢
It’s pride.
是傲慢
That’s what it is.
就是这么回事
Did they say something to you?
她们跟你说什么了吗
I saw them speaking to you by the road.
我看到她们和你在路边说话
They said…
她们说
their husbands have gone off to war.
她们的丈夫上了战场
Why should they fight to…
他们为什么要为了我们这种人
save us?
而战斗
Did they hurt you…
她们的话
with their words?
伤到你了吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!