She needed your help.
我现在知道了 但是
Yes. I know that now, but…
我的孩子
My child.
那是我的孩子
That was my child.
我那时不了解是什么情况
I didn’t understand the situation.
我不了解
I didn’t understand.
她是怎么去世的
How did she die?
她自杀了
She took her own life.
我知道
I know that.
用什么方式
How?
她喝了大量的消毒剂
She swallowed a large amount of disinfectant.
由内而外烧死了自己
It burnt her insides out.
怀恨而死
She died in agony.
听我说
Listen to me.
你们所有人都听着
All of you.
我不需要再了解更多了
I don’t need to know any more.
你们也不需要了
Neither do you.
你们每个人都要为她的死负责
You each helped to kill her.
记住这一点
Remember that.
永远都别忘
Never forget.
你看
Look…
探长
Inspector…
我可以给你几千
I would give thousands…
是的 几千
..yes, thousands,
如果可以的话
if I could…
现在不是贿赂我的好时机 伯灵先生
You’re offering the money at the wrong time, Mr Birling.
伊娃·史密斯已经去世了
Eva Smith is gone.
你无法再伤害她了
You can’t do her any more harm.
也做不了什么事去弥补她
You can’t do her any good now, either.
你甚至无法说一句
You can’t even say,
“对不起 伊娃·史密斯”
“I’m sorry, Eva Smith.”
但请记住
But just remember this.
在我们身边 还有成千上万
There are millions and millions of
伊娃·史密斯 和约翰·史密斯这样的人
Eva Smith and John Smith still left with us,
带着他们的生活 希望和恐惧
with their lives and hopes and fears,
他们所经历的苦难与获得幸福的机会
their suffering and chance of happiness
都与我们的生活休戚相关
all intertwined with our lives,
同我们的观念 言辞
and what we think, and say,
及所做所为都密不可分
and do.
我们并非遗世独♥立♥
We don’t live alone upon this earth.
我们有责任互相帮助
We are responsible for each other.
如果人类无法意识到这一点
And if mankind will not learn that lesson,
那么 当审判之日来临
then the time will come, soon,
那时 他将饱受
when he will be taught it
烈火
in fire…
鲜血
..and blood…
与苦痛的洗礼
..and anguish.
晚安
Goodnight.
他们会立案调查的
There’ll be an inquest.
是的 恐怕会的
Yes, I’m afraid there will.
我们可能会以证人的身份被传唤
We may be called upon as witnesses.
这些丑事肯定会被抖出来的
All of this is bound to come out.
我倒希望如此
I hope it does.
我也是
So do I.
好吧 你比我想象中的更愚蠢
Well, you’re more of a fool than I took you for.
你是我们当中真正犯了罪的人
You’re the only one of us who’s done something criminal.
你怎么能这么说
How can you say that?
因为法律就是这么定的
Because that’s how the law works.
而我们剩下的人
For the rest of us…
只是
..just…
羞耻
Shame.
看来我的爵位是铁定没戏了
It’ll be the end of my knighthood, that’s for sure.
你得告诉我 你偷了哪些账户的钱
You’ll have to tell me exactly which accounts you stole from.
幸运的话 没准我能帮你逃脱牢狱之灾
I’ll be lucky if I can keep you out of prison.
那我就进监狱
Then I’ll go to prison.
我宁愿进监狱也不想呆在这里
I’d rather go to prison than stay here.
埃里克 亲爱的
Eric, dear…
在你把偷的钱都还清前
You’ll stay here long enough
你就一直待在这
to pay that money back!
即使要用上一百年
If it takes you a hundred years!
埃里克
Eric…
我会尽全力阻止自己
I’ll do anything to stop myself from
变成他们那样
turning into another one of them.
他们只关心如何掩盖掉这件事
All they care about is covering this up.
我希望会有战争
I hope there is a war.
借此了结他们
I hope it finishes them.
你知道最可怕的是什么吗
Do you know the worst thing?
我可能会重蹈覆辙
I would have done it again.
有时 我发现我自己
You know, sometimes I find myself
盯着那些女孩子 然后
Iooking at girls, and…
这次之后 你不会再重蹈覆辙了
You won’t do it again. Not after this.
一切都变了 这
Everything’s changed. It’s…
我真的很抱歉 埃里克
I am so sorry, Eric.
这件事
It’s…
这件事真的糟透了
It’s ghastly, it really is.
-我需要喝一杯 -我帮你拿
– I need to get myself a drink. – I can get you…
不用了
It’s all right.
你还好吗 希拉
Are you all right? Sheila…
现在不合适 杰拉德
Not now, Gerald.
埃里克
Eric…
干什么
What?
别这样
Please don’t.
咱们得先商量好事情的说辞
We all need to come to terms with what’s happened.
警♥察♥很快就会回来的
The police will be back.
他们会来录口供
They’ll want statements.
我只希望那个男的别来了 仅此而已
I just hope they don’t send him again, that’s all.
真是惹人厌恶的人
Dreadful man.
我无法想象再遇见那位探长
I can’t imagine ever seeing the inspector again.
当他离开的时候 感觉就像
When he left, it was so…
都结束了
..final.
他一点都不像个警官
He wasn’t like a police officer at all.
他没必要态度那么恶劣
He was unnecessarily harsh.
一点儿都不像我认识的那些探长
Not like any police officer I’ve ever met.
你们不觉得奇怪吗
Do you not think it’s strange that…
他到现在都没让咱们录口供
..he didn’t ask us for statements now,
我的意思是 今晚他似乎
Tonight, I mean, it was almost as though
对办案流程一点都不感兴趣
he wasn’t interested in procedure,
他就是想让咱们
he just wanted us to…
正视我们的所作所为
To face what we’ve done.
是的
Yes.
我觉得他很不同寻常
I thought he was extraordinary.
就好像他能看穿我们的灵魂
It was as though he could see into our souls.
他叫什么来着
What was his name?
好像叫 古尔德探长
Inspector Goold, I think.
我记得他说的是古尔
I thought he said Goole.
艾德娜
Edna.
那个探长敲门的时候 他对你说什么了
What did that inspector say to you when he came to the door?
他说他是警局的探长
He said he were a police inspector.
问我您是否在家 然后说
He asked if you were home, and said
他急需见您一面
he needed to see you urgently.
他向你出示证件了吗
Did he show you identification?
没有 先生
No, sir.
他说他叫什么了吗
What did he say his name was?
我记得他说的是 古尔德探长
Inspector Goold, I think he said.
我做错了什么吗
Have I done something wrong?
不不 没有
No. No, not at all.
不如你上♥床♥休息吧
Why don’t you go up to bed now?
我来沏茶倒水
I can see to the tea.
好的 谢谢您 小姐
Well… Thank you, miss.
有点儿不太对劲
There’s something not quite right here.
亚瑟

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!