绿山墙的安妮(续集)
你睡了吗?
Where is sleep?
在月亮辉映的群山上,在阴影密布的山谷中,
Over the mountains of the moon, down the valley of the shadow,
在墨西哥湾暖流的波涛下,
Beneath the waves of the deep gulf stream,
英俊的公爵用深沉而慵懒的语调回道
Replied the handsome duke in dark languid tones.
用深沉而慵懒的语调
In dark languid tones.
用阴沉而神秘的语调
In dark forbodden tones.
他热情地抚摸着她的额头
He fervantly stroked her alibaster brow.
当她倒在他的黑暗斗篷下
As she fell under his cloak of darkness.
这是你的茶
Here’s some tea for you.
摩根,瞧,你认为她需要帮助吗?
Morgan, look. Do you think she needs help?
你是记者?
Are you a journalist?
不,教师
No, a teacher.
不,我是作家
No, I’m a writer.
实际上我写书
Actually I write books.
书? -书
Books? -Books.
希望没弄坏,小姐
I hope nothing’s spoiled, miss.
没关系,不管怎样,我都把它存在我的想象中了
Doesn’t matter. I keep it all filed away in my imagination anyway.
摩根,我们的午餐要迟到了
Morgan, we’ll be late for our lunchen.
谢谢。 -对不起
Thank you. -Excuse me.
再见芭芭拉! 别忘了你的午餐桶! -再见雪莉小姐!
Bye Barbara! Don’t forget your lunchpail! -Bye Miss Sherley!
再见雅各布!祝你在铁匠铺工作顺利
Bye Jacob! Good Luck with your job at the Smithy.
再见米妮·梅!
Goodbye Minnie May!
你就是这样抽烟的吗? -你什么都不懂吗?
Is that how you smoke it? -Don’t you know anything?
你得像这样把纸粘起来
You have to like it to make the paper stick.
你想怎么样?
What do you want?
我妈妈说吸烟会让你的嘴巴变成棕色,耳朵也会突出来
My mama says smoking makes your mouth brown and your ears stick out.
你妈妈是个老碎嘴。 -不,她不是! 我要告诉雪莉小姐你们两个抽烟了
Well your mother’s an old wind bag. -No, she is not!
I’m gonna tell Miss Sherley you two have been smoking.
你敢,我就让我的狗咬你。 -不! 你抓不到我!
You do and I’ll sic my dog on you. -Will not! You can’t catch me!
让我们看看你多喜欢被关起来, 你这个爱说闲话的小尾巴
Let’s see how you like being locked up. You little tattle-tail.
放开我! 我要告发你们两个!
Let me go! I’m gonna tell on you two!
放开我! 我要告发你们两个!
Let me go! I’m gonna tell on you two!
你们两个是坏孩子,我要… -看看你有多喜欢你的闲话尾巴
You two are bad boys and I’m gonna… -See how you like that you tattle tail.
是啊,如果你敢说什么,我们就用他的狗咬你
Yeah, we’re gonna sic his dog on you if you say anything.
怎么回事,米妮·梅!
Why, Minnie May!
安东尼·派伊和汤米·贝尔把我关在这里,因为我要告发他们两个
Anthony Pye and Tommy Bell locked me in here because I was gonna tell on those two.
他们抽烟,而且安东尼要用他的看门狗咬我
They were smoking cigarettes and Anthony’s gonna sic his watch dog on me.
他不会做这样的事。现在,你跑回家。你妈妈会想知道你在哪儿
He’ll do no such thing. Now, you run home. Your mother will be wondering where you are.
好吧,雪莉小姐
Alright, Miss Sherley.
啊,日安,雪莉小姐。 -下午好,派伊先生
Ahh, Good day, Miss Sherley. -Good Afternoon, Mr. Pye.
学校放假了,一定很高兴。 我希望我的安东尼这个学期表现好
Must be glad school’s out. I hope my Anthony behaved himself this year.
安东尼的成绩一直都很好,而且大家都很喜欢他
Anthony’s grades have been quite good, and he is well liked by everyone.
我从米妮·梅·巴里那里了解到,你有一只优秀的看门狗为你看门,安东尼
I understand from Minnie May Barry that you have an excellent watch dog looking out for you, Anthony.
哦,这是真的,今年我们的鸡舍周围没有狐狸了,雪莉小姐
Oh and that’s a fact. No foxes around our chicken coop this year, Miss Sherley.
你再也找不到比它更好的看门狗了,所以米妮·梅刚告诉我
A finer watch dog you’ll never see, so Minnie May was just telling me.
哦,还要谢谢你,安东尼,感谢你和汤米自愿下星期一帮我粉刷厕所
Oh and thank you, Anthony for volunteering with Tommy to whitewash the outhouse for me next Monday.
我听说你们俩是很出色的画家。好了,我会
I hear you two are quite excellent painters. – Well, I’ll
见到你们,那星期一上午9点见。 日安
be seeing you, then, Monday morning at 9:00. Good Day.
对不起,我知道你们关门了,哈里森夫人,但
I’m sorry. I know you’re closed, Mrs. Harrison. But
我答应玛丽拉今天到镇子里取邮件
I promised Marilla I’d pick up the mail in town today.
邮差昨天在我们的信箱里留了一张挂号♥卡。 -幸好你截住我们了,安妮·雪莉
The post man, he left a registered card in our box yesterday. -Lucky you caught us, Anne Shirley.
不过,我不知道今天是否有收获。 -不,女士, 不,没有给绿山墙的
(绿山墙是安妮所住房♥子的名称,这里用作地址)
Don’t know if I’ve seen anthing come through today, though. -No, ma’am. No, nothing for Green Gables.
我有挂号♥卡,斯隆太太
But I have a registered card, Mrs. Sloane.
哦,等一下,现在。 哦! 这就对了!
Oh, just a minute, now. Oh! That’s right!
我记得,你用过的那种大马尼拉信封
I remember. One of them big manilla envelopes that you’ve been
最近寄出昨天又退回来的挂号♥信
sending out recently did come back yesterday registered mail.
好,现在给你
Yes, here it is. Now.
不戴眼镜什么都看不见。 -上面有你的名字,好
Can’t see a thing without my glasses. -It’s got yoru name on it, alright.
“柯蒂斯出版公♥司♥,波士顿” ,他们不是杂♥志♥的人吗?
“Curtis Publishing Company, Boston.” Ain’t they magazine people?
一定是免费订阅或诸如此类的麻烦
Must be a complimentary subscription or some such nuisance.
非常感谢你们让我进来,下午好,哈里森太太,斯隆太太
Thanks so much for letting me in. Good afternoon Mrs. Harrison, Mrs. Sloane.
所以呢,这就是每次我打算放学接你的时候,你总是在我面前消失的原因吧
So, this is why you keep disappearing on me every time I plan to pick you up after school.
吉尔伯特·布莱斯! -都是因为这个秘密啊
Gilbert Blythe! -All this secrecy.
你再也没有时间和你的朋友们说了。 -把那个还给我,不然我不理你了
You never have time to speak to your friends anymore.
-You give that back or I won’t speak to you again.
好吧,既然你这么敏感。 -谢谢
Well if you’re going to be so touchy. -Thank you.
知道吗?大家都觉得你最近怪怪的,我还是告诉你吧
You know, people think you have been acting very peculiarly lately, and I might as well tell you so.
你为什么不来参加卡莫迪春节晚会?我在我们桌给你留了位子
Why didn’t you show up at the Carmody Spring Festival? I saved a spot for you at our table.
我很忙,我要给期末考试打分
I was busy. I was trying to get my finals marked.
安妮,在我之前,你就把期末考试成绩贴在黑板上了
Anne, you had your finals marked and posted with the board before I did.
你在忙什么呢? -没什么
What are you up to? -Nothing.
这完全是个人的事。 -我想准是
This is a completely personal matter. -I suppose it must be.
你不再守信了。 -好伤心!
You can’t keep your word anymore. -Good Grief!
你知道怎样考验一个人的耐心,是吗?
You know how to try one’s patience, don’t you?
别跟我摆架子,安妮·雪莉
Don’t get up on your high horse with me, Anne Shirley.
我从卡莫迪骑那么远的单车来是告诉你,我今天发现戴安娜·芭利的一些事
I cycled all the way from Carmody to tell you something I found out about Diana Barry today.
你真是个讨厌鬼,吉尔伯特·布莱斯
You are a real pill, Dilbert Blythe.
戴安娜·芭利什么事? -呃-呃,我不说,除非你说出你的秘密
What about Diana Barry? -Uh-uh. Not until you spill the beans.
你不告诉你爹妈简·安德鲁斯和查理·斯隆?
You won’t say anything to your folks or Jane Andrews or Charlie Sloane?
以我的名誉发誓
On my honor.
你还要保证,你永远不会拿这事来取笑我。 -我不会让你生气的
And your promise, you won’t ever tease me about this. -I wouldn’t risk your anger.
“亲爱的雪莉小姐,
“Dear Miss Shirley,
我们很抱歉退回所附原稿《艾薇儿的赎罪》,而
We regret to return the enclosed manuscript ‘Avril’s Atonement’ but
无法接受它出版。
are unable to accept it for publication.
您真挚的,《妇女家庭杂♥志♥》“?
Sincerely yours, Women’s Home Journal Magazine”?
你知道我今年春天写的故事吗?
You know the story I wrote this spring?
我想把它出版。 -安妮,太棒了!
I’m attempting to have it published. -Anne, that’s tremendous!
大家听我说!
Listen to this everybody!
埃文利公立学校教师很快成为世界著名的加拿大作家
Avonlea’s public school teacher soon to become world famous Canadian author-
还没发生呢,你这个笨蛋! 你怎么敢告诉别人
It hasn’t happened yet, you fool! And don’t you dare tell anyone.
现在说说,戴安娜·芭利有什么事值得大惊小怪?
Now what’s all the fuss about Diana Barry?
据我所知,她今年夏天要去度长假
Well from what I understand, she’s going on an extended vacation this summer.
就这些吗? 她要去哪? -你的意思是,她要和谁一起去?
Is that all? Where is she going? -You mean, with whom is she going?
好吧,那和谁一起? 有什么区别吗?
Alright, with whom, then? What difference does it make?
-弗雷德·赖特显然对她有很大的影响
-Fred Wright obviously makes a lot of difference to her.
他向戴安娜求婚了,而戴安娜也接受了
He’s proposed and Diana has accepted.
求婚? -查理·斯隆从弗雷德本人那里知道的
Proposed? -Charlie Sloane found out from Fred himself.
罗利·波利·弗雷德·赖特?
Roly Poly Fred Wright?
但他们几乎不认识对方
But they hardly know each other.
戴安娜总做些愚蠢、感性的事
Of all the stupid, sentimental things for Diana to do.
我都不知道会像这样,她接受求婚可能只是因为
I didn’t even know it was like this. She probably only accepted because
弗雷德仅仅是第一个向她求婚的人。 -别傻了
Fred was the first person to even ask her. -Don’t be silly.
弗雷德是一个了不起的家伙。 -他最好离我远点
Fred’s a terrific fellow. -He better steer clear of me.
他不该偷偷地溜进来,偷走我最好的朋友。 -你不会嫉妒吧?
He has no business waltzing in, stealing my best friend. -You’re not jealous, are you?

No.
只是失望而已
Just disappointed.
人为什么一定要长大、结婚、改变?
Why do people have to grow up and marry, change?
哦,你会变的,如果有人曾经承认他们为你神魂颠倒
Oh, you’ll change. If someone ever admitted that they were head over heels for you,
你很快就会被迷得神魂颠倒。 -我不会
You’d be swept off your feet in a moment. -I would not.
我蔑视任何想要改变我的人。 -真的?
And I defy anyone who would try and make me change. -You do?
最后一个到桥上的是毛绒鹅!
Last one to the bridge is a stuffed goose!
骗子永远不会成功,安妮·雪莉
Cheaters never prosper, Anne Shirley.
小心,罗弗!
Watch out, Rover!
现在你高兴了吧,雪莉小姐
You’ve had it now, Miss Sherley.
对不起,戴安娜。 -对不起
Sorry, Diana. -Sorry.
但吉尔,他掉进了小溪里
But Gil, he fell in the brook.
好了,谢谢你陪我散步,戴安娜。 -请谢谢你妈妈的钩针
Well, thank you for the lovely walk, Diana.
-Please thank your mother for the crochets.
米拉·吉利斯结婚时有37件台布,我决定我结婚时至少要跟她一样多
Myra Gillis had 37 doilies when she got married and I’m determined to have at least as many as she had.
我想,如果家里只有36块台布,那是不能持家的
I suppose it would be impossible to keep house with only 36 doilies.
但我向你保证,赖特先生,戴安娜会是世界上最可爱的家庭主妇
But I assure you, Mr. Wright, Diana will be the sweetest little homemaker in the world.
只要你能让她赶上吉利斯家
So long as you can afford to let her keep up with the Gillis’.
嗯,希望如此。再见,女士们,吉尔伯特
Well, I hope so. Good day, ladies, Gilbert.
好吧,我最好去捞我的自行车。女士们,待会儿再和你们聊,再见
Well, I better go get my bicycle. I’ll talk to you ladies later. Bye.
安妮·雪莉,那真…
Anne Shirley, that was…
我这辈子从来没有这么丢脸过
I’ve never been so humiliated in all my life.
那真卑鄙 –
That was the meanest-
你怎么能当众取笑我? -戴安娜,我没有取笑你
How could you make fun of me in public? -Diana, I wasn’t making fun.
我只是开个玩笑
I was just teasing.
对不起。 -你总是要成为关注的焦点
I’m sorry. -You always have to be the center of attention
只要有吉尔伯特·布莱斯在。 -不是这样的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!