Home 传记电影 清秀佳人2(1987)(2)

清秀佳人2(1987)(2)

0
清秀佳人2(1987)(2)

我只是想让你的仆人看看这个房♥间有多脏,它需要彻底检查一下
I just wanted your staff to see how dusty this room is. It needs a thorough going over.
好吧,随你的便吧,你们年轻人都那么不稳重
Well, have it your way. You young people are all so giddy.
波琳想走开,离开我
Pauline wants to go away and leave me.
只是一天,妈妈。 -她居然说“只是一天”
It’s only for the day, mama. -“Only for the day”, says she.
似乎谁也没想过,我想过一天摆脱这该死的轮椅的日子
It never seems to occur to anyone that I’d like a day out of this confounded wheelchair.
奶奶,你的腿也许不能用,但你的舌头没毛病
You may not have the use of you legs, grandmama, but there’s nothing the matter with your tongue.
孩子,胆敢无礼!
Don’t you dare to be impertinent, child!
我认识一个女孩,她无礼后就在睡梦中死了
I know a girl who died in her sleep after being impertinent.
波琳,怎么了?
Pauline, what is it?
呃,下星期我表妹露易莎要在弗雷德里克顿庆祝她的结婚纪念日
Uh, my cousin Louisa is celebrating her wedding anniversary in Fredericton next week.
15年前我是她的伴娘,要是能去参加,我愿意做任何事
Now, I was her bridesmaid fifteen years ago and I’d do anything to be there.
好吧,假如你不在的时候我孤独地死了
Well, if I die alone while you’re away,
波琳,我让你凭良心决定,我知道我会是多大的累赘
Pauline, I’ll leave it to your conscience. I know what a burden I can be.
妈妈,请别刺♥激♥自己,你不去我也不去…
Mama, please don’t excite yourself. I’m not going to go if you’re not…
我要刺♥激♥自己
I will excite myself.
难道我就不能有一点刺♥激♥来点亮我枯燥的生活吗?
Can’t I have a little excitement to brighten my dull life?
哦,我的背,我的背,好痛。 把那该死的窗户关上,姑娘
Oh, my back. My back, it hurts. Close that confounded window, girl.
我能感觉到气流。波琳,把我的阿富汗毛毯和脚垫拿来,哦!
I can feel the draft. Pauline, get my Afghan and a cushion for my feet. Oh!
好吧,如果波琳不去参加周年纪念,你知道人们会怎么议论的,哈里斯夫人
Well, you know how people will talk, Mrs. Harris, if Pauline doesn’t go to the anniversary.
什么? -哦,我相信你这么高寿
What? -Oh, I’m sure in your long lifetime
你早就知道会有什么闲言碎语
you’ve learned what idle tongues can say.
好吧,没必要当面提我的年龄,姑娘
Well, there’s no need to throw my age up in my face, girl.
镇上到处都是搬弄是非的马屁精,难道我不知道吗?
his town is full of tattling toadies, and don’t I know it.
嗯,我不会阻止她,我让她凭自己的良心决定
Well, I’m not stopping her. I left it to her own conscience.
没人会相信这个借口
No one would ever believe that excuse.
我和雪莉小姐会和你待在一起的,奶奶
Miss Shirley and I can even stay with you, grandmama.
-是啊,波琳当天就可能回来
-Why, Pauline could probably be there and back in a day.
这一切的背后有蹊跷,不是吗?
There’s something behind all this, isn’t there?
你为什么执意要她去?
Why are you so set on her going?
因为她是个善良的好女儿,时不时需要休息一天
Because she’s a good, kind daughter who needs a day off now and then.
别管她可怜兮兮的样子,吃颗薄荷糖
Never mind her weedily ways. Have a peppermint.
哦,哦,我的头
Oh. Oh, my head.
哦,我的头好痛,我太累了,我不能再争了
Oh, I’ve got such a pain in my head and I’m so tired I can’t argue anymore.
我估计这意味着我要中风了
I suppose that means I’m going to have a stroke.
哦…好吧,你可以去。但是,你要是得了流感,生病了,
Oh… Alright, you can go. But, if you catch flu and get sick,
不要怪我
don’t blame me.
哦,谢谢,妈妈!谢谢! 你对我真好
Oh, thank you, mama! Thank you! You’re so good to me.
我非常想去露易莎表妹家
I wanted to go to cousin Louisa’s so much,
哦,妈妈,我只有这件旧的黑色塔夫绸可以穿,你觉得…
Oh, mama, I only have this old black taffeta to wear. Do you think-
-黑色塔夫绸对露易莎·希尔顿的结婚周年来说已经很不错了
-Black taffeta is quite good enough for Louisa Hilton’s wedding.
如果让她穿,她会穿猩红色那件,她只能等我死了才可以穿那件
She’d dress in scarlet, that one, if I’d let her and she’s only waiting till I’m dead to do it.
只要我还活着,你就会很正派,波琳·哈里斯
As long as I’m alive you will be decent, Pauline Harris.
好吧,妈妈,我只会在内心感到高兴,甚至不去想穿什么
Alright, mama. I’m just going to be glad inside and not even think about what I’m wearing.
我相信你会和雪莉小姐相处得很好的,妈妈
And I’m sure that you’ll get along with Miss Shirley splendidly, mama.
“我不能带着任何包含仇恨、愤怒或错误的土,去握死神之手
“I will not take Death’s hand with any soil of hate or wrath or wrong about me.
“作为过去世界的朋友
But being friends with this past world,
“在爱的和平中离开它”
pass from it in the general peace of love.”
很好,你们都做得非常好,值得无数赞扬
Well, you’ve all done remarkably well and deserve multitudes of praise.
现在,为了下周五的彩排,你们要确保把台词背下来
Now make sure you have your lines down pat for next Friday’s rehearsal.
在你们离开之前,我有一件事要宣布
And, before you all go, I have one announcement to make.
约西亚·哈里斯上尉夫人和她的孙女艾米琳
Mrs. Capt. Josiah Harris and her granddaughter Emmeline would
很高兴邀请你们参加明天上午的秋季野餐
be pleased to invite you to a fall picnic tomorrow morning.
好了,如果你们愿意参加,我们上午10点在枫树台会面
Now, if you care to attend, we’ll be meeting at Maplehurst at 10am.
哦,为感谢哈里斯夫人慷慨举办这次活动,出于礼貌,请给她带一件小礼物
Oh, please bring a small gift for Mrs. Harris out of politeness for her generosity in hosting this event.
你们可以回家了,好了,姑娘们
You can go home, now, girls.
有希望了,有希望。 -她们看起来很棒
It’s coming. Coming. -They look wonderful.
那些旧日记里的效果真不错啊,安妮
Quite a reaction from those old diaries, Anne.
瞧瞧我过去的学生是如何度过难关的。 -先别大声张扬
It goes to show you how my old students always pull through. -Don’t speak too loudly, yet.
我刚收到吉尔伯特·布莱斯的信,看来他终于进医学院了
I just received a letter from Gilbert Blythe. It seems he’s finally in medical school.
我知道,哦,他怎么样了? -嗯,你知道吉尔伯特很谦虚
I know. Well, how’s he doing? -Well, you know Gilbert’s so modest.
但从字里行间看,我想说,他是他们班最棒的
But reading between the lines, I’d say he’s top of his
他还想知道你过得怎么样
class. He wanted to know how you are doing, as well.
哦,你可以告诉他我不会再胡闹了
Well, you may tell him I’m keeping out of mischief.
请进
Come in.
只有我,波琳。 -哦,雪莉小姐,我看起来怎么样?
It’s only me, Pauline. -Oh, Miss Shirley. How do I look?
糟透了!你千万别穿这件旧衣服去
Dreadful! You simply cannot go in that old thing.
我要把我最好的衣服借给你
I’m going to lend you my best dress.
哦,亲爱的,不不不,我实际上还在温柔的钩子上呢,妈妈会改变主意的
Oh, my dear. No, no, no. I’m on tender hooks as it is. Mama might change her mind.
别傻了,起来,把这件黑色塔夫绸脱掉
Don’t be silly. Get up, and take this black taffeta off.
你可以把这件穿在下面,到派对上再换
You can put this on underneath and change at the party.
哦,但…但…但要骗妈妈,我…
Oh, but- but- but to deceive mama, I-
你不想穿那件黑衣服给结婚纪念日招霉运吧,是吗?
You wouldn’t want to bring bad luck to a wedding anniversary wearing that black thing, would you?

No.
哦,啊啊,不,现在只要闻一闻,妈妈就不会同意我去了
Oh, oh, oh, no. Now, just a whiff. Mama won’t approve of this.
噢,苹果花味儿,啊,这让我想起了阿德莱德·普林格尔,当时她…
Oh, apple blossom. Oh, how this reminds me of Adelaide Pringle when she-
阿德莱德? -摩根的妻子
Who? -Morgan’s wife.
艾米琳的母亲,她是我大表妹
Mother of the child. She was my first cousin on mama’s side.
明白了
I see.
波琳,为什么你哥哥从不来看你?
Pauline, why does your brother never visit?
哦,摩根变得越来越像爸爸了
Oh, Morgan, he’s become just become just like papa,
总是对人发号♥施令,没时间照顾别人
always ordering people about, no time for anyone else.
摩根曾经是那么健壮、英俊
Morgan used to be so robust and handsome,
阿德莱德过去喜欢音乐和派对…
and Adelaide used to love music and parties…
发生什么事了?
What happened?
算了,议论死者不是基♥督♥徒所为
Well, it’s not Christian to speak of the dead.
嗯,那她是怎么死的?
Well, how did she die, then?
孩子出生后不久,她就跑了,最后死于肺病
She ran off shortly after the child was born, and died of consumption.
普林格尔家族的人都责怪摩根,包括妈妈
The Pringles all blamed Morgan, including mama.
但这不是摩根的错
But it wasn’t Morgan’s fault.
现在不能有任何东西,让妈妈想起阿德莱德的遭遇
Now mama won’t have anything about that reminds her of what happened to Adelaide.
但那是不对的,波琳
But that’s wrong, Pauline.
是什么让这个镇子上的人彼此怀恨在心?
What make people on this town hold such grudges against one other?
哦,普林格尔家族自己人之间总是争吵不休
Oh, the Pringles have always bickered a great deal amongst themselves.
我们在公共场合彼此都很有礼貌。 -我从没见过如此荒谬的习性
We’re very polite to each other in public. -I’ve never seen such ridiculous behavior.
绝对是拜占庭式的(指勾心斗角)
It is absolutely Byzantine.
好了,无论如何,波琳·哈里斯,你今天可以休息一天了
Well, in any case, Pauline Harris, you are going to have the day off of your life.
早上好,哈里斯夫人。 -像我们拥有整个世界般行走,对吗?
Good morning, Mrs. Harris. -Walking as if we owned the world, are we?
当然了。来吧,波琳
So I do. Come along, Pauline.
我准备好了,妈妈
I’m ready to go, mama.
太有姿色了,姑娘,你看起来像是画的
Too much color, girl. You look painted.
哦,不,我只是脸红了
Oh, no it’s just, I’m flushed.
闻起来不体面,被香水浑身浸透
And you don’t smell respectable drenched in scent.
只是一点点… -我说浑身浸透,就是浑身浸透!
It’s just the tiniest little bit of… – I said drenched and I meant drenched!
转过去
Turn around.
袖子下面有条裂缝吗?
Is that a rip under that sleeve?
没有,妈妈。 -哦,记住你的礼貌
No, mama. -Oh. Remember your manners.
坐的时候别忘了优雅地交叉脚踝
And don’t forget to cross your ankles decently when you sit down.
还有,别坐在通风处,别从沙发扶手上滑落
And don’t sit in a draft, either. And don’t slide down the banisters.
妈妈!
Mama!
好吧,你在南希·普林格尔的婚礼上就滑落了
Well, you did it at Nancy Pringle’s wedding.
妈妈,那是25年前的事了!你把我当什么了?
Mama, that was 25 years ago! What do you think I am?
去吧,姑娘,别站在那儿叽叽喳喳,你想错过你的火车吗?
Go on, girl. Don’t stand there jabbering. Do you want to miss your train?
呃,不,妈妈
Uh. No, mama.
要是你回来的时候我不在这里,记得
And if I’m not here when you come back, remember, leave
穿着我的婚纱离开我,小心我的头发是卷
me out in my wedding dress and mind my hair is crimped.
我不知道你怎么对付她,雪莉小姐,她真是个小婴儿
I don’t know how you’ll manage her, Miss Shirley. She’s such a baby.
我从没想过我居然有机会参观枫树台
I never thought I’d ever get a chance to visit Maplehurst.
哈蒂!哈蒂·普林格尔,离开那里! 那是哈里斯夫人的马车
Hattie! Hattie Pringle, get away from there! That’s Mrs. Harris’ carriage.
这太离谱了! 我没去过外面…
This is outrageous! I haven’t been outside…
如果我感冒了,姑娘,我要你负责
If I catch a cold, girl, I shall hold you responsible.
无稽之谈,我想让你享受阳光和秋天的美丽景色
Nonsense. I want you to enjoy the sunshine and all the beautiful autumn colors.
我们将有一次愉快的马车之旅,而且你可以挑剔每一个路过的人
We’ll have a lovely carriage ride. And you can criticize everyone as you pass by.
挑剔?这主意很怪,雪莉小姐
Criticize? That’s a very strange idea, Miss Shirley.
那不是基♥督♥徒所为,完全不是
That is not Christian. It’s simply not Christian.
这是什么意思,雪莉小姐? 我再也受不了你的恶作剧了
What is the meaning of this, Miss Shirley? I won’t stand anymore of your monkeyshines.
这么漂亮的马车,你却从来不用
They’re such handsome carriages and you never use them.
你把它们放回去了,听到了吗? 它们已经七年没出去了
You put them back, you hear? They’ve not been out for seven years.
那更有理由把它们拿出来用用了,别那么自私
All the more reason to bring them out and use them. Stop being so selfish.
早上好,姑娘们! 你们看上去很可爱
Good morning, girls! You look lovely.
把我推回去,听到了吗? 这是无政♥府♥状态!
You wheel me back in, you hear? This is anarchy!