do you happen to have Craig’s number?
你那有克雷格的电♥话♥吗
I wanted to ask him something, but I think that he changed it.
我有个事情找他 不过他好像换号♥了
Oh, yeah, I’ll text it to you. I just saw him in LA at Nick’s wedding.
好的 我等下发给你 之前尼克在洛杉矶结婚的时候还见到他了
Nick got married?
尼克结婚了
To who?
跟谁啊
To Xavier. Who is actually very cool.
和泽维尔 是个很酷的人
it was a beautiful ceremony.
庆典相当漂亮
Uh-huh.
这样啊
Yeah, no, I didn’t know about it.
得 我都不知道这事
Oh. Well, it was real small.
额 其实也挺小的
Somebody asked about you.
有人还问起你来着
I forget who.
忘了是谁
Mm-hmm.

They were, like, asking about,
就类似说
you know, where you were, or whatever happened to you,
问你在哪啊 过得怎么样啊
or… I don’t know. Who was it?
还有 记不清了 谁来着
Who was it? Someone… someone saying, “Where’s Brad?
想不起是谁了 反正有人问 布拉德去哪了
I remember that guy Brad.”
我还记得那个布拉德
Oh, well, I’m just, uh, just been doing my thing.
哦 这样啊 我当时也是在自己忙
Dude, it’s good to hear your voice.
再听你说话真不错
My dog took a shit, though, so I got to pick it up.
我家小狗拉屎了 我得去帮它铲一下
Okay.
好的
Well, I’ll, um… I’ll talk to you soon, man.
那 那就有空再聊
It’s really good to talk to you, also.
很高兴跟你通电♥话♥
And, uh, yeah, if you could, uh, text me that number.
对了 有空的话 记得把电♥话♥发给我
Yeah, yeah, I’ll send it right away.
对对 我现在就给你
Come to the islands sometime, brother. Later.
有空来岛上看我啊 老哥 拜
Yeah. Okay.
好的 拜
For a moment, I imagined Billy’s life in Maui,
有那么一会 我想象着比利的小岛生活
with two young girlfriends,
两个年轻漂亮的女朋友
and the great sex he must be having.
丰富多彩的性生活
Then I thought about Melanie
然后我又想到我老婆
and what was left of our sex life.
以及我们剩的那点性生活
Please leave a message for…
请在滴声后给…
Craig Fisher.
克莱格·费舍
…at the beep.
留言
Uh, hey, Craig. It’s, uh, Brad Sloan.
啊 老克 我是布拉德·斯洛恩
How you doing, man?
过得怎么样啊
Uh, I’m in Boston, and, uh, my son…
我正跟孩子在波士顿
Um, if you, uh,
那个 你要是
if you could… if you have time, could you give me a call?
你要是有空的话 给我回个电♥话♥
Um, it’s kind of on the urgent side.
我这边有点着急
So, uh… thanks, man.
谢了啊 哥们
Not being invited to Nick’s wedding confirmed a creeping fear.
尼克结婚没叫我 证实了我那种诡异的恐惧感
Not only had I not lived up to my own expectations,
我不仅自己没过处自己想要的生活
I’d failed in the eyes of others.
别人眼里 我也混得不行
I pictured the wedding party.
我脑补着婚礼现场
Everyone there,
大家欢聚一堂
basking in each other’s glow.
沐浴在各自的光环中
It wasn’t friendship that bonded them,
联接他们的不是友情
but a perceived level of success.
而是特定阶层的成功
Whether I was forgotten or excluded…
不管我是被忘了还是被排挤了
made no difference.
没区别的
I was off the list.
我就不在圈子里
A nobody.
平庸之辈
A nothing.
碌碌无为
The world hated me, and the feeling was mutual.
这世界讨厌我 而我也讨厌它
Are you okay? ‘Cause you seem a little off.
你没事吧 看起来魂不守舍的
Hm.

No. It’s just, um…
没啥 就是有点
stupid.
有点犯二
What?

Uh, some, uh, I don’t know, some old friends…
嗯 当年的一些老伙计
got together and didn’t invite me. Mm.
一块玩没带我
And so, you know, ’cause…
所以 你想吧 就有点
I guess ’cause I’m not… um…
可能因为我不是太
you know, whatever.
算了 管他们呢
Just, it’s random.
就是有点别扭
What? You’re kind of mumbling.
怎么了 你有点纠结
No, it’s… no, it’s something I wouldn’t have even wanted to go to
没什么 本来我也不怎么想去
even if I was invited, so… Oh.
叫我我也不去
Just, I don’t know, kind of lame.
就是有点 不爽
I’m sorry. Mm.
我很抱歉
No.
没事
It’s ridiculous.
其实很可笑
They sound like dicks.
听起来严重不靠谱
Hmm. Yeah.
是啊
Hello?

Hey. It’s Craig Fisher.
你好 克雷格·费舍
Hey! Craig.
嗨 老克
What’s going on?
出啥事了
Is everything okay? Did someone die? What?
你那边都好吗 谁死了 啥
No. No, nobody died.
没没没 谁都没死
Well, you sounded kind of weird on your…
好吧 你刚才留言听起来
on your message, and you said it was urgent, so I…
有点奇怪 又说有什么要紧事 我才
No, no, no, no. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…
不是 不是 对不住 不是那个意思
No. It’s just, I’m up here at Cambridge with, uh, my son,
是这样 我和我儿子在坎布里奇
and we’re looking at Harvard,
在看哈佛大学
and he had an interview, or was supposed to,
他来面试 本来是来面试
at the admissions office, and someone…
在那个招生办 结果
messed up over there, so, um…
事情搅和了
Uh, you know what?
呃 你等一下
Uh, hang on a second. I’m in a restaurant.
先别挂 我在饭馆
Hey. Yeah.
喂 还在吗
So, anyway, I heard that you, uh,
是这样 我听说你
teach a class there.
在哈佛有课
You know what, actually, I… I’m flying up there tomorrow.
其实我明天就打算飞到那边的
You guys still gonna be around?
你们明天还在吗
Yeah. We’re here, uh… we’re here tomorrow.
啊 在的 明天还在
We’re here till Thursday. We leave Thursday.
我们待到周四再走
Why don’t we get some dinner.
晚上一起吃个饭吧
That would be great.
那敢情好
Yeah. Oh, and, um… one last thing.
啊对了 还有一件事
Troy is a musician. I mean, like, a true prodigy.
我儿子是个音乐家 天赋异禀的那种
And, uh, there’s this music professor…
有一个教音乐的教授
And I’m not just saying that ’cause he’s my kid, but…
我倒不是因为我儿子才这么说
Hey, Troy. Troy.
嘿 特洛伊 特洛伊
What’s the name of the professor?
你说的那个教授叫什么
What? What’s the name of… Hang on.
啥 那个教授的名字 等一下
What’s the name of the music professor you like?
你喜欢的那个音乐教授叫什么
Um, Jerome Backaly.
杰罗姆·贝克利
Jerome Backaly.
杰罗姆·贝克利
Jerome Backaly. Yeah.
杰罗姆·贝克利 对的
Sure, I’ll give him a call.
好 我去联♥系♥他
That would be terrific, Craig.
这可太好了 克雷格
That… man, I owe you.
哥们 欠你个人情啊
No problem. So, dinner tomorrow.
小事 明天来吃饭啊
Yeah, that’ll be great. I’ll pick a place.
好的 非常好 我去选地方
Have a great taping.
好好录节目
Thanks, man. Bye.
谢了哥们 拜
What’s going on?
怎么了
Dad…

I’m on it, okay?
我在处理了 好吗
I’m on it.
在处理了
Mm-hmm.

Hey, Craig. Hey.
喂 老克 喂
Guess what. I’m in a bookstore, and I’m looking at your book right now.
你猜怎么着 我正在书店看你写的书
Great. So, I’ve got some good news.
这么好 有好消息告诉你
Just got off the phone with the dean of admissions.
刚和招生办的主任打过电♥话♥
Seriously?
真的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!