我睡觉时总是把枪放在枕头下。
I never sleep without my piece under the pillow.
菩提!
Protée!
带这些人去厨房♥。他们一整天都在路上。
Take these men to the kitchen. They were on the road all day.
我有个好消息要告诉你。
I have good news for you.
我们的朋友兰德尔带着20个人来帮忙。
Our friend, Randall, is coming to help, with 20 men.
先生?
Sir?
管好你自己的事。
Mind your own business.
这很好。
That’s nice.
还没上♥床♥睡觉吗,宝贝?
Not in bed yet, doll?
她是不是很可爱?
Isn’t she cute?
好了,我要睡觉了。晚安,各位。
Well, I’m going to bed. Good night.
这是你的种子,我的小山雀。
Here’s your seed, my little chickadee.
你怎么了?
What’s wrong with you, Védrine?
别担心。轻微的沼泽热。我已经习惯了。
Don’t worry. A minor attack of marsh fever. I’m used to it.
看那里……我指的地方。
Look there… where I’m pointing my finger.
看到那些扬尘了吗?
See that dust?
那是兰德尔来了。
It’s Randall.
很高兴见到你。
Glad to see you.
我也是
I’ll bet you are.
莫妮克
Monique.
这里是最美的!
Here’s the most beautiful!
你好吗?
How are you?
小保罗呢?
And little Paul?
他快把我累垮了。
He’s wearing me out.
到那边去。
Go over there.
等等,塞伽兰。
Wait, Segalen.
我来介绍。
I’ll make the introductions.
马克·达伦。
Marc Dalens.
你好。
Hello.
柯贝索,副驾驶。
Courbassol, co-pilot.
我的妻子艾米。
My wife Aimée.
抱歉,我去下那边
Excuse me, I’ll join the others.
他有点…奇怪。
He’s a little… strange.
告诉我是怎么回事。
Tell me how it happened.
目前道路施工进展缓慢。这是斋月。
Right now road work is slow. It’s Ramadan.
我给你找辆车回家。
I’ll try to get you transportation home.
你在哪里找到的塞伽兰?
Where did you find your Segalen?
他以前是神学院的学生。我对他了解不多。
He’s an ex-seminarian. I don’t know much about him.
有一天,他就那么出现了。
One day, he showed up.
他在非洲做什么?
What’s he doing in Africa?
谁知道呢?他说他要徒步穿越非洲。
Who knows? He says he’s crossing Africa on foot.
莫妮克认为他是个圣人。
Monique thinks he’s a saint.
你不属于这里,塞伽兰。
You don’t belong here, Segalen.
来我在明迪夫的家。不用谢。
Come to my house in Mindif. You’re more than welcome.
托尼很喜欢他。卢克和保罗相处得很好。
Tony adores him. Luc is wonderful with Paul.
他决定让他学拉丁语。
He’s set his mind on starting him on Latin.
真的吗?
Really?
真的,保罗很有才华。
Really, Paul is talented.
他很帅。
He’s handsome.
谁?
Who?
你的男孩。
Your boy.
人们不再知道如何喝咖啡。
People no longer know how to drink coffee.
他们真的不知道。
They really don’t.
我总是加几片苦巧克力。
I always add a few chips of bitter chocolate…
两三粒盐……
two or three grains of salt…
最重要的是……
and to top it off…
一点肉桂。
a touch of cinnamon.
真恶心。让我后悔种这些东西。
Disgusting. Makes me regret I grow it.
我应该来补救吗?
Should I fix it?
来吧。味道会更好。
Go ahead. It’ll taste better.
我知道村子后面有座教堂
I know a church behind a hamlet
美丽的尖塔倒映在水中
Where a fine steeple is reflected in the water
在纯净的河水中
In the pure water of the river
你开玩笑呢,卢克。你把所有东西都留在家里了。
It’s a joke, Luc. You left everything at home.
我需要的都有了。
I have all I need.
你的书呢?
And your books?
留着吧
Keep them.
卢克,跟我们一起回家吧。
Luc, come home with us.
替我亲亲小保罗。
Kiss little Paul for me.
混♥蛋♥。
Bastard.
这是你的种子,我的小山雀。
Here’s your seed, my little chickadee.
我有预感。我告诉泰瑞西…
I had a premonition. I told Thérése…
“山雀,收拾行李。今晚,我们要远走高飞了。”
“Chickadee, pack the suitcase. Tonight, we’ll be far away.”
现在几点了?
What time is it?
早。
Early.
卢克,我们有很多地方。你可以有自己的空间。
Luc, we have plenty of room. You can have your own space.
不用了,谢谢,马克。我在这里就很好。
No, thanks, Marc. I’m really fine here.
试试这些。是给你的。
Try these. They’re for you.
谢谢你,菩提。请再拿一杯来。
Thank you, Protée. Please bring another cup.
我去看看跑道的进度。
I’ll go check on the runway’s progress.
然后我要去贾帕处理遗产问题。
Then I have an inheritance matter to settle in Japat.
想一起来吗?
Want to come?
今天不用了,谢谢。可以看看吗?
Not today, thank you. May I?
随你。这是我旅行时的笔记。
If you like. It’s just my notes from when I travel.
你今天早上见到卢克先生了吗?
Did you see Mr. Luc this morning?
他在外面洗澡呢,夫人。
He’s bathing outside, madame.
你说外面是什么意思?
What do you mean, outside?
在男生区,夫人。
In the boys’ area, madame.
我来吧,夫人。
I’ll do it, madame.
不,没关系。
No, never mind.
床单和枕套需要换了。
The sheets and pillow cases need changing.
好了吗?
All done?
看!过去。
Look! Move over.
我们还需要多两米。把这些拿掉,压平。
We need two more meters. Rip these out and flatten it.
这是夫人的花。
They’re madam’s flowers.
你想玩吗?
You want to play?
别说了。这是我们唯一能在阴凉处玩的地方。
Don’t argue. It’s the only spot where we can play in the shade.
“在古铜色的非洲黑人脸上……
“Amidst bronzed black African faces…
“白色的皮肤让人联想到死亡。”
“the white skin color evokes something akin to death.”
“1♥8♥9♥1年,我自己,
“In 1♥8♥9♥1, I, myself,
“几个月来我只见过有色人种——”
“having seen only colored people for months–”
这是什么,菩提?
What is it, Protée?
我带柠檬汁来,夫人。
I’m bringing lemon squash, madame.
“在1♥8♥9♥1年,我自己只看到——”
“In 1♥8♥9♥1, I, myself, having seen only–”
把盘子放下,菩提。
Put the tray down, Protée.
“1♥8♥9♥1年,我自己……
“In 1♥8♥9♥1, I, myself…
“几个月来只看到有色人种……
“having seen only colored people for months…
再一次在贝努瓦尔河附近看到了欧洲人的时候
“once again saw Europeans near the Benoué.
“我觉得白皮肤不自然……
“I found white skin unnatural…
“紧挨着丰满的黑皮肤。”
“next to the fullness of black skin.”
“那么,为什么要责怪当地人认为白人……
“Then why blame the natives for considering the white man…
“是违背自然的东西……
“as something contrary to nature…
“是超自然的或是邪恶的生物?”
“as a supernatural or fiendish creature?”
瞄准然后扔!
Aim or shoot!
这是一个“鸟头!”
It’s a “bird head!”
菩提,去把车开来。
Protée, go and get the pickup, please.
你在这里做什么?不去睡觉?
What are you doing here? Not in bed?
她在卷舌头。
She’s swallowing her tongue.
把勺子放进她嘴里。
Put a spoon in her mouth.
我们去村里找佩罗斯普吧。
Let’s get Prosper from the village.
用勺子,亲爱的。
With a spoon, honey.
他和老师在学校。
He’s at the school with the teacher.
他妻子把他的箱子给了我。
His wife gave me his case.
他们晚上在学校做什么?
What do they do at night at the school?
他们在谈话,长官。
They’re talking, sir.
是的,我知道。
Yes, I know.
佩罗斯普
Prosper!
佩罗斯普,快来吧!
Prosper, come quickly!
我需要你。我有你的箱子。
I need you. I have your case.
我妻子呢?
Where’s my wife?